My Characters Have All Signed Pacifist Pledge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

Because my drop rate is so horribly broken, and causes me sadness and despair while playing a game. (Note: The words “sadness” and “despair” should not be used in any game description. Imagine the slinky jingle reworded: Its Slinky! Its Slinky! So sad and despairing a toy! Slinky! Slinky! So sad for a girl or a boy!), all of my characters are now pacifists.

That is to say, I do not get drops from those things which I mindlessly kill while out in the world, so I will sign a pacifist pledge and will not kill anything in the world, unless it is to save my own life.

I will scavenge nodes and chop down trees.

Gee, Guild Wars 2 has become Farmville.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Carbon.2048

Carbon.2048

I don’t recall ever having the need to kill in self-defense in Farmville.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

There are many bots/people that never leave TP in any starter zone, you could play that game or hundreds of others that are not GW2.

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

How are your drops “broken” exactly?

because you don’t get as many as you want, because they’re not as rare as you want?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Grey Warden.2983

Grey Warden.2983

Because my drop rate is so horribly broken, and causes me sadness and despair while playing a game. .. all of my characters are now pacifists.

That is to say, I do not get drops from those things which I mindlessly kill while out in the world, so I will sign a pacifist pledge and will not kill anything in the world, unless it is to save my own life.

You should make use of a dictionary and look up the word Pacifist, then re-name your pledge. I think a great name would be;
“That sound that Charlie Brown’s teacher makes when she talks pledge”

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

I don’t recall ever having the need to kill in self-defense in Farmville.

Then clearly you do not have any interesting Facebook friends.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Nalora.7964

Thank you for all your insulting and demeaning replies. Interesting enough, they were almost the same as what I get when a corpse sparkles in the game. Junk. Again.

I am sure they were meant to help me find thankfulness for my collection of various types of weak bones, bent, shattered and broken lockpicks , globs of this or that kind of goo, the hoofs that do not even make Jello, hairy spider legs, gravel, rocks, and stones (cool or otherwise), sprockets, gears and clogs….

Yes, I know, I can SELL these to the merchant and get rich, so I should be happy.

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Thank you for all your insulting and demeaning replies. Interesting enough, they were almost the same as what I get when a corpse sparkles in the game. Junk. Again.

The replies were just in keeping with the tone of the first post.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Nalora.7964

It was written after an incredibly long and boring kill spree of 57 kills as I ran ( to avoid the wp cost) through several areas to get where I really wanted to be and I got nothing but junk to sell to the merchant. Yes, not even ONE drop that was not “junk”. 57 kills? Nothing but junk? Does this seem right? It is a daily occurrence with me. And it is getting old. I happened to think as I was running: All my characters should just avoid combat from now on, since it is so unrewarding.

[edit: This included helping with 2 champions, 3 events, and several veteran kills]

Nalora.7964

Oh, and btw I was running to get vanilla and yams. Neither of which I got from the nodes that I do NOT camp or bot to get, but decided to travel to, since my entire game now is just filling my material storage for “something to accomplish”. My own personal quest: A full material storage.

But I am not going to “game the system” like so many others and make mulitple toons to “farm a rich ori node” (that thankfully has been removed) or bot and tp to nodes hither and yon to sell on the market.

No, I run..I used to have fun along the way, killing things, doing events, but it is just so very silly to run up to Haranthi Hinterlands to TRY to find “root vegetable” node or a bandit that might ACTUALLY drop a bag that MIGHT POSSIBLY have a yam in it. and then kill things that give me either 1. Nothing, or 2. Junk to sell to a merchant. And then on top of that to not get even ONE yam out of the run, is mind-bogglingly silly.

And yes, you can reply to me that I should quit the game, Lord knows most people in the forums answer to everything is: Gee, lame, you can’t play this game, quit already.

I probably will quit, honestly, eventually. I do not need encouragement from you to do that. The game itself seems bent on sending me messages via “junk drops ad nauseum” that are discouraging enough.

I would be happy with ONE VANILLA drop a day—————-or a Yam.

Posted by: Saura.2430

Saura.2430

My suggestion for you, then, if to stop farming and go do something else. If you try to only focus on something like “Gee! I killed over 50 mobs that I was actually counting and got nothing but junk!” then you’re not going to have fun. Try going to WvW or moving into a different zone for a while. Do some personal story, maybe, or dungeons. Farming and grinding and not getting what you want from it will only fill you with more frustration.

Posted by: AwwGee.5628

AwwGee.5628

As someone with multiple characters, I don’t see how farming on mulitple toons is gaming the system?

On topic though, 57 kills isn’t really alot. RNG is there, as much as you hate it you can only learn to embrace it.

Posted by: Did.2683

Did.2683

If random world mobs reliably dropped good loot, players would feel encouraged to farm those mobs to make money. Encouraging players to do something boring(e.g. standing in a field grinding centaurs for 10 hours) instead of something interesting (dungeons, WvW, PvP) is bad game design. Hence, vendor trash drops. GW2 is not a Korean grindfest MMO.

Also, the trading post is a thing.

Nalora.7964

My suggestion for you, then, if to stop farming and go do something else. If you try to only focus on something like “Gee! I killed over 50 mobs that I was actually counting and got nothing but junk!” then you’re not going to have fun. Try going to WvW or moving into a different zone for a while. Do some personal story, maybe, or dungeons. Farming and grinding and not getting what you want from it will only fill you with more frustration.

I do not get drops except from nodes. I am not farming per se, I am actually fighting and killing things as I go, doing events, etc. To get to an area that has a specific type of “material”.

I have all my stories on all my characters caught up to their level. I move throughout several zones to get to the nodes of the specific material I have decided to try to find that day. (It is not always the same every day, I go everywhere. Every map, I switch it up every day so I am not on the same map. I go for DIFFERENT things every day)

I do not get anything but killed in WvW. Especially since my server is Blackgate. Good luck there.

I do not like dungeons. If you are not “good enough” You get screamed at, generally. Being screamed at for being a “bad player” is really not why I play games. I also do not get good drops in Dungeons either. Usually blues are the highest I get or….you guessed it…junk. And I usually am in the hole for armor repairs. Just …not rewarding.

So, I have tried to “make my own game” within the game. I guess it really is time to quit, huh? I suck at this game.

Nalora.7964

As someone with multiple characters, I don’t see how farming on mulitple toons is gaming the system?

On topic though, 57 kills isn’t really alot. RNG is there, as much as you hate it you can only learn to embrace it.

57 was my count before I got a “blue” drop, and reached the first node, which gave me …black pepper. I then killed to the next drop, got only junk drops (spider legs) and it gave me…garlic. I then killed to the next node, it gave me….garlic.

No yam, all junk. And then I went back to LA, sold the junk and logged off.

Nalora.7964

Gaming the system: Make a level 1 toon, give it a “no level” pick, get it to the rich ori node in suncove, farm the rich node, log it off. Make a second toon, wash, rinse, repeat.

People were doing this for weeks. I play my characters, I do not camp them by a node. That is, keep all my characters on one node, log on and farm a node and then do the same thing tomorrow.

Nalora.7964

If random world mobs reliably dropped good loot, players would feel encouraged to farm those mobs to make money. Encouraging players to do something boring(e.g. standing in a field grinding centaurs for 10 hours) instead of something interesting (dungeons, WvW, PvP) is bad game design. Hence, vendor trash drops. GW2 is not a Korean grindfest MMO.

Also, the trading post is a thing.

So the big wide world full of stuff to kill, is, as I said, just for random killing sake?

And I should just join the hoardes of people in LA who do not even know that places other than dungeons exist?

These same people who, when they finally crawled out of LA to venture into Wayfarer foothills for the start of Flame and Ice did not even NOTICE there were several new rock formations in Wayfarer’s and Diessa when the new content arrived? (I did, I knew they were vents….I also knew that the refugees spoke of “steam” coming from the ground" so I knew the vents must have meaning to the new story.)

So if you want to be rewarded for playing the game, you have to do something you are not good at. Isn’t this the same thing people who are complaining about the Daily are complaining about?

I love the new dailies because…me….the “mediocre lame player who really should quit” will finally have some way to get something rewarding. But everyone else is complaining it is too much that they would never do. Crafting 10 logs….oooooo.

Nalora.7964

Oh and for the record, someone in another part of the forums was asking for an actual drop count for those who seem to be in a state of permanent DR. My counting was a futile attempt to verify that some accounts are either affected by this as a bug, or have extremely bad luck.

I suspect it may be the latter. But was counting with the intent of posting my findings to that thread.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The OP is expressing frustration at not being able to obtain the needed materials for crafting. I can relate to that having had to do that leveling my tailor and my cook.

Cotton and to a lesser extent wool were the worst ever cloths for me to obtain. I had jute, linen, etc out the wazoo. The same problem occurs with vanilla and some other cooking ingredients.

I resorted to buying ingredients when I had to but it grated on my nerves. I wanted to obtain them by harvesting and questing, not by purchasing.

I’m not sure why the bad run from mobs unless it was a case of diminishing returns from having been in the same area recently or just perhaps a bad time with rng.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Nalora.7964

The OP is expressing frustration at not being able to obtain the needed materials for crafting. I can relate to that having had to do that leveling my tailor and my cook.

Cotton and to a lesser extent wool were the worst ever cloths for me to obtain. I had jute, linen, etc out the wazoo. The same problem occurs with vanilla and some other cooking ingredients.

I resorted to buying ingredients when I had to but it grated on my nerves. I wanted to obtain them by harvesting and questing, not by purchasing.

I’m not sure why the bad run from mobs unless it was a case of diminishing returns from having been in the same area recently or just perhaps a bad time with rng.

Vanilla is honestly my special sore point. It is a basic ingredient in cook’s wet mixture. It would be, in any good baker’s home, a pantry ingredient. But it is rare because of an EXPLOIT that happened in the beginning of the game. It sells for upwards of 1 silver a piece. This for a pantry item? Really?

My “permanent DR” is permanent. I am in different places every day. I chose yams that day because I had NOT been to haranthi in a couple weeks. It does not matter if I am on a different character or in a different area, or if I have logged off for the entire day. Nothing changes. I get junk.

It is either DR or bad luck or Arenanet has my account flagged so they can discourage me to quit. Since I am so “rule abiding” they would be hard pressed to find a real reason to ban me outright.

Nalora.7964

Oh, and btw I also chose Haranthi for the cotton and the wool. I thought if I did not get yams, at least I would have a chance at wool or cotton. Nope. none of the above. It was a long slog and a wash.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Because my drop rate is so horribly broken, and causes me sadness and despair while playing a game. (Note: The words “sadness” and “despair” should not be used in any game description. Imagine the slinky jingle reworded: Its Slinky! Its Slinky! So sad and despairing a toy! Slinky! Slinky! So sad for a girl or a boy!), all of my characters are now pacifists.

Whatever melts yer’ butter, Nalora.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I guess it really is time to quit, huh? I suck at this game.

Glad you said it.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

57 mobs is not enough to come to any sort of conclusion. I killed at least that yesterday in Orr for the daily and got nothing but whatever the stupid grey worthless skulls are and a couple of bags. Sometimes I can kill hundreds before getting a green and more than that to get a rare.

Then there are days when I log on and the first thing I kill gives me a rare or exotic. I know the frustration but it is how the game works. I am not sure what you are asking for in this thread op. Do you want to be able to tell the game what you want and you have a better chance at finding it. Some items are rare and it can take a while to find them. Did you just start a level 1 char and run out and kill 57 things and did not get anything good, then come to the forums to let us know?

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: WarMacheen.7124

WarMacheen.7124

The very large “perceived” sticky backs up your claims. Drop rates and DR are horrible.

Nalora.7964

Whatever melts yer’ butter, Nalora.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response.

Nalora.7964

Glad you said it.

Nalora.7964

57 mobs is not enough to come to any sort of conclusion. I killed at least that yesterday in Orr for the daily and got nothing but whatever the stupid grey worthless skulls are and a couple of bags. Sometimes I can kill hundreds before getting a green and more than that to get a rare.

Then there are days when I log on and the first thing I kill gives me a rare or exotic. I know the frustration but it is how the game works. I am not sure what you are asking for in this thread op. Do you want to be able to tell the game what you want and you have a better chance at finding it. Some items are rare and it can take a while to find them. Did you just start a level 1 char and run out and kill 57 things and did not get anything good, then come to the forums to let us know?

The only exotic I have ever received is from completing a map as a map reward.

I had killed more than 57. I killed 57 until I received a “blue” drop. I then began again at 1. My intent, as I said previously, was to count and make note of every drop for a thread in this forum which was trying to gather data about drop rates and perceived “permanent DR” on some players.

I have taken brand new characters out into new areas and noted the drops
I have taken old characters to new places to explore and noted the drops.
I have taken characters who have maps completed and taken them to places they have been many times and noted the drops, followed by taking them to places they had not been in more than a month and noted the drops.

I am either affected by a DR that is permanent, or my account is flagged to receive junk only, or I have bad luck across all characters on my account, or this is the way the game is designed and if the last is the case, then I would like to know about it so I can better assess where I put my gaming money in future.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Glad you said it.

Well what do you expect when you create a topic complaining about your drops?
Really if all you care about is loot it’s best not to play an MMO. no MMO is guaranteed to be easy. And if you’re not enjoying the game, once again, it’s not your cup of tea. Complaining on the forums won’t achieve anything.

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

I had killed more than 57. I killed 57 until I received a “blue” drop. I then began again at 1. My intent, as I said previously, was to count and make note of every drop for a thread in this forum which was trying to gather data about drop rates and perceived “permanent DR” on some players.

I have taken characters who have maps completed and taken them to places they have been many times and noted the drops, followed by taking them to places they had not been in more than a month and noted the drops.

I am either affected by a DR that is permanent, or my account is flagged to receive junk only, or I have bad luck across all characters on my account, or this is the way the game is designed and if the last is the case, then I would like to know about it so I can better assess where I put my gaming money in future.

did you come to the forums specifically about the loot problems? if so, you may just be unlucky. consider that there were over 3 million copies sold. even if not everyone who got it played it, there is still plenty of room for statistically anomalous behavior

Nalora.7964

Glad you said it.

Really if all you care about is loot it’s best not to play an MMO. no MMO is guaranteed to be easy. And if you’re not enjoying the game, once again, it’s not your cup of tea. Complaining on the forums won’t achieve anything.

So, having played MMO for greater than 15 years, and playing RPG for more than 35 years, you are telling me that “loot does not mean anything in an MMO or an RPG.” How completely absurd.

I am not asking for ease. I am asking for “rewarding”.

I have a Masters degree in Science. It was not easy. It was rewarding. See the difference?

I enjoyed Guild Wars 1 for 7 years. It was rewarding. It was fun. Why would I expect it to be different in Guild Wars 2?

Nalora.7964

did you come to the forums specifically about the loot problems? if so, you may just be unlucky. consider that there were over 3 million copies sold. even if not everyone who got it played it, there is still plenty of room for statistically anomalous behavior

We have one vote for unlucky.

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

i agree with you. in fact i posted an article “is magic find now mandatory” yesterday after an enjoyable time spent farming for mats and getting porous bones instead.

today I hit the same spot with 130 MF and SHAZAM i got some decent mats.

the game is, in my opinion, broken in that it requires you to gimp your toon (armor, weapon, trinkets all with MF as a stat versus a useful offense or defense stat) just to get a respectable amount of drops to allow you to craft etc.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I hate fractals, but I wanted my first monthly in awhile done. Last night I ran the 7/7 and got 9 rares. I also did 9 Maw events and got 7 rares the first day of the refugee thing. Trying to get drops never works, just need to do random stuff :P

(Have only ever gotten 2 exotic drops with 5 80’s, and 0 precursors, but still)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So because your account is either bugged or you’re just on a bad streak on getting good drops from enemies, you’re going to kill fewer enemies?

Reducing the number of good drops you might be able to achieve?

You’ll always get experience and bad drops can be sold for money, so you should not feel that it would be counterproductive to actually kill enemies.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Glad you said it.

So, having played MMO for greater than 15 years, and playing RPG for more than 35 years, you are telling me that “loot does not mean anything in an MMO or an RPG.” How completely absurd.

I have a Masters degree in Science. It was not easy. It was rewarding. See the difference?

I enjoyed Guild Wars 1 for 7 years. It was rewarding. It was fun. Why would I expect it to be different in Guild Wars 2?

I did play MMOs for 8 years now. I can say that getting the best gear in WoW was far harder (dungeon boss, random loot drops, only one person can get it). I did play lots of RPGs.
Yes, GW2 has a RNG system. It’s not bad though, because without it getting gear would be kitten easy. Did you do full Orr completion yet? I tend to get exotic and yellow drops there. You will at least get exotics for map completion there anyway. Feed blues and greens to the mystic forge. Run fractals and dungeons for better rewards (fractals give more oranges than dungeons, but those oranges are almost always account bound and has a rarer chance to drop even a single ecto upon salvage).

Nalora.7964

Glad you said it.

I did play MMOs for 8 years now. I can say that getting the best gear in WoW was far harder (dungeon boss, random loot drops, only one person can get it). I did play lots of RPGs.
Yes, GW2 has a RNG system. It’s not bad though, because without it getting gear would be kitten easy. Did you do full Orr completion yet? I tend to get exotic and yellow drops there. You will at least get exotics for map completion there anyway. Feed blues and greens to the mystic forge. Run fractals and dungeons for better rewards (fractals give more oranges than dungeons, but those oranges are almost always account bound and has a rarer chance to drop even a single ecto upon salvage).

It is not the gear I miss, it is the FUN. I don’t ever have to have the best gear, a legendary, or any of that. I am not mesmerized by pixelated glowing armor or swords that leave a trail.

It is the OH MY GOODNESS nifty keen. For me? Really? How fun! FUN is what getting loot is!

But getting grey bones and more bones and more bones (no matter what they call them….a bone by any other name is still junk) is not fun. Not fun. Not fun. Everyday. NOT. FUN.

Games…yes GAMES should be FUN. It is the number one thing that a game should be. Not WORK. I can work all day and even have FUN doing it—-I even get PAID for it. I find fun finding an interesting obscure historical fact for someone in research—- in my WORK—-, but if you digest that down to what it truly is….that historical fact is the “loot” for all that work. It is not in my paycheck, it is a bonus goodie goodie that gives me a giggle and a smile.

Loot is fun. Please put more fun in the game.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Good drop come with those who play for fun. If your gaming revolves around loot loot loot loot omg loot i want loot, you’ll just want more and more, and when you actually get something your like wow only 100g? Bullcrap need more loot.

I got a 450g drop by having fun in fractals sure it raged my team (who all said they play for only loot and havent got a drop like i did)

Its now sitting in my lovely banking collecting dust until i need it. I’m to busy having fun to care.

Nalora.7964

Good drop come with those who play for fun. If your gaming revolves around loot loot loot loot omg loot i want loot, you’ll just want more and more, and when you actually get something your like wow only 100g? Bullcrap need more loot.

I got a 450g drop by having fun in fractals sure it raged my team (who all said they play for only loot and havent got a drop like i did)

Its now sitting in my lovely banking collecting dust until i need it. I’m to busy having fun to care.

I just solo’d a champion in an area I have not been to in a while. Blazeridge Steppes. I got a blue offhand as a reward.

I have never had over 39 gold …ever.

I have almost 4000 “achievement points”. I did no work at getting them, I just ran around, doing events, exploring, killing things for junk.

I just turned in 28 bones for some cash.

So if I am doing it for loot I am in worse shape than I originally thought.

Yep, gonna have to quit this game. I just do not get it. Guess you have to be really into repetitive killing for…pixelated splatter on a computer screen. Guess I have outgrown MMORPG or perhaps they have evolved into something that just is not my cup of tea.

So Fractals is fun, then? That’s why everyone does them. Wonder if they didn’t have any loot at all if people would still do them?

(edited by Nalora.7964)

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

I know what Nalora is talking about, currently only log in for the daily and log off.

Posted by: Greenthumb Legacy.6549

Greenthumb Legacy.6549

I have great empathy for Nalora. Champs solo’d or duo’d=at most a blue…or nothing.
Vets solo’d=nothing…or a blue.
Running several varied events in varied zones over mutiple days=a handful of merch fodder.
I will admit that the quantity of drops has increased as of late but not the quality(for me). Higher tier mats seem to be increased droprates so that’s nice.
I wont be quitting though. The game is still in it infancy and finding its legs. I’m sure there are polarizing issues within the NCSoft<—→Arena Net interplay so I’m gonna stick it out.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

“So Fractals is fun, then? That’s why everyone does them. Wonder if they didn’t have any loot at all if people would still do them?”

To me fractals is incredibly fun i love working together with a team to reach the finish line.

But because you make alot of money off it people focus on that rather than the fun so it becomes a boring grinding chore because you ignore the fun features it contains.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

You are not killing bandits anymore, but you spend your time killing more trees. Even though they are virtual trees, i completely disapprove of your way of life(given that the time you used to spend killing bandits is now spent on killing more and more trees than ever before). Go spend your time with a Quaggan community somewhere instead.

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

All my characters should just avoid combat from now on, since it is so unrewarding.

See, this is why grind is bad for a game. A grinder is willing to play through anything as long as it gives a reward. A normal player would play because a game is fun. As long as the combat were fun, a normal player would play; if the combat were not fun, the player would ask combat to be changed so it’s fun. A grinder, in other hand, doesn’t care about fun: he will play through content that he does not think is fun, and his suggestion to fix it is not to actually improve content, rather to give it some kind of reward to be grinded.

This is why classic MMOs are such mediocre games – because they have been made for grinders, and grinders don’t care if content is fun or not, rather if they have stuff to grind for or not.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

All my characters should just avoid combat from now on, since it is so unrewarding.

See, this is why grind is bad for a game. A grinder is willing to play through anything as long as it gives a reward.

So Fractals really should be removed from the game. Many people don’t find them to be the least bit fun, but they continue because of the reward. Go ahead, reduce the fractal rewards to the level of PvE rewards and see how fast that part of the game dies…

A normal player would play because a game is fun. As long as the combat were fun, a normal player would play; if the combat were not fun, the player would ask combat to be changed so it’s fun.

Cool! WvW players are doing it right! So, where’s the reward for doing it right? These days many WvW players can’t even pay for keep upgrades or equipment repairs.

I’m all for what the OP is saying here, over and over again.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Nalora.7964

Okee dokee, well I did my daily, traveled through 5 zones, got 3 blues 3 hooves, and a carrot. Killed 3 champions, 5 vets, 100’s of various mobs. I am ROLLIN IN IT, babe!

I did enjoy figuring out the first part of Flame and Ice. For those who have asked: Yes there are events. Hint: Steam. (Fire on ice)

I guess I am one of the many who log on, do their daily, and leave and wait for the next update.

Thanks to those who commiserated with me, it is truly appreciated.

And to those who just wanted an ego boost via text by making a snide comment, or to win some personal brownie point by griefing me: That little boost you got from the little jab in the forums? Well …that IS loot. To you. Hope you got your snits and giggles.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

This is unhealthy. Maybe take a break.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

How are your drops “broken” exactly?

because you don’t get as many as you want, because they’re not as rare as you want?

I’ve literally gotten 1 rare per month, does that seem normal to you? Doesn’t to me. Another promise broken, Vets/Champs are not dropping what they should. Rewards are not being issued for time spent.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Vanilla is honestly my special sore point. It is a basic ingredient in cook’s wet mixture. It would be, in any good baker’s home, a pantry ingredient. But it is rare because of an EXPLOIT that happened in the beginning of the game. It sells for upwards of 1 silver a piece. This for a pantry item? Really?

My “permanent DR” is permanent. I am in different places every day. I chose yams that day because I had NOT been to haranthi in a couple weeks. It does not matter if I am on a different character or in a different area, or if I have logged off for the entire day. Nothing changes. I get junk.

It is either DR or bad luck or Arenanet has my account flagged so they can discourage me to quit. Since I am so “rule abiding” they would be hard pressed to find a real reason to ban me outright.

Ahh….

It’s crafting mats you’re after right? making some random virtual pastry or something but because of some weird decision making early on the the games life you now note that you’re spending so much time making said pastries in game time that you may as well learn to make it in reality and then go do that instead?

Irony…. xD