My Gw2 experience is ruined.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dezaq.1203

Dezaq.1203

Don’t judge me, I’ve loved the game since I started, I also have several thousand hours in this game, then megaservers was released. Instead of being put in the same servers as my friends/guildies/people from my server im being put in the same server as germans/french/spanish people. I used to just stand in the main city and talk to my people from my server, without adding them to my friendlist and they were not in my guild, will I be able to see them again? No. Atleast give the server ONE place where they can gather just us.
Also, gathering for WvW at the portals at reset will now be impossible. Standing next to your enemy that you’re gonna be matched up against talking tactics on how to defeat eachother? Yaaay. No, just… no.

Organizing Tequatl and Triple wurm will be impossible due to the constantly full “megaservers” so you cant possibly get more than 50 people into the same zone.

Anet also removed the option to see PvP ranking while doing arenas because of the bad matchmaking. Their excuse? “We removed the ranks so new people won’t be flamed”.

GG at a well failed project, Anet. Have fun.

(edited by Dezaq.1203)

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

You’re certainly not the only one who is having trouble adapting to the game since the 15h, on my case it’s because the World Bosses (i will not even talk about RP) and their timings that only caused massive zergs of lag (even worse than WvW fps drops) on meta-events that pretty much destroyed how challenging events could be.

And on our guild the impact it had on Guild Missions, starting from it was impossible to put all our guild together on the mission map (70 members) that led to people not able to get their commendations, to the fact when we reach there, another guild had started the Missions, end up failing ours and need to start it again.

The not so bad is thatTequatl and Wurm are not MegaServers yet (oups, they just got mega), this will be a complete nightmare to organize, as the dedicated guilds that do this events are already under pressure to handle Teq/Wurm and only have 1 try at it, with minutes between them to organize the wurm.

I wish ArenaNet at once listens to the community about this and does not go ignore mode, if they are listening then there’s way too much silence about what’s going on. This are actually minor foreseeable things that are causing major problems to specific groups of players.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

I’m going to remain optimistic for future alterations to the mega server, some tweaks to algorithm while listening to player feedback & I imagine some vast improvements to what the mega server is right now.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

You’re certainly not the only one who is having trouble adapting to the game since the 15h, on my case it’s because the World Bosses (i will not even talk about RP) and their timings that only caused massive zergs of lag (event worse than WvW fps drops) on meta-events that pretty much destroyed how challenging events could be.

And on our guild the impact it had on Guild Missions, starting from it was impossible to put all our guild together on the mission map (70 members) that led to people not able to get their commendations, to the fact when we reach there, another guild had started the Missions, end up failing ours and need to start it again.

The not so bad is that Tequatl and Wurm are not MegaServers yet, or this would be a complete nightmare to organize, as the dedicated guilds that do this events are already under pressure to handle Teq/Wurm and only have 1 try at it, with minutes between them to organize the wurm.

I wish ArenaNet at once listens to this issues and does not ignores them, this are actually minor foreseeable things that are causing major problems to specific groups of players.

everything you said + server communities being completely ruined

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

Posted by: Dezaq.1203

Dezaq.1203

Bloodtide Coast/Sparkfly Fen has been added to megaserver already.
So I guess yesterday was the last time I did Triple Wurm and Teq.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Bloodtide Coast/Sparkfly Fen has been added to megaserver already.
So I guess yesterday was the last time I did Triple Wurm and Teq.

Please tell me that is a joke?
ArenaNet can’t be serious about this, it’s not eve 1st April!

Organized Wurm tries need the Organized TS and one EMPTY Map to travel to, so everybody on TS can get in that greatly improves the chances of succeed at it.
With MegaServers all maps will be populated, it will simply not be possible to gather everyone there.

I really can’t understand, is ANet trolling us or something? They simply are not seeing/reading about what is happening in-game, the end of organized runs at Wurm it’s a foreseeable problem they ignore.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Every poor zombie on the Cursed Shore has a three people line to it. Just peachy.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

My gaming experience is ruined as well. I was loud in raiding concerns about this before April 15th, but now it’s much worse than expected. Instead of time for adaption, they rolled them out in a lot of maps already and I am now sure how the guild/friends system works. Our guild chat is full of requests for a taxi to the right server/overflow, I am surrounded by completely unfamiliar guild tags, we cannot do Karka as a server any more, guild missions were a disaster since every mission was started by some other guild etc etc.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

No point doing wurm anymore for me. That megaservers always puts me on megaservers with people I’ve never seen before really ruins the server community. New players won’t know which guild is on what server (which makes finding a wvw guild for your server really annoying) and the fact that everything on maps are completed instantly by level 80 players and the fact that with the traiting system new players are even less powerfull as before, kinda ruins it for new players that want to explore.

Well, guild mission can be fixed if they just make them instances. You dont have to worry about being on the same map or if another guild is there. For bounties you could make it so that every guild member gets on an guild overflow. Problem solved.

Well, not that anet will ever listen to the community.

Edit: about an area that can only be accessed by people on your own server: Just bring Lion’s Arch back to its former glory.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I have not logged into the game and really played in 1-2 months. I have it uninstalled. But I am curious…
If what the OP says is true, that the megaserver places you in areas with people not of your native tongue, this is kind of..odd. And as the poster following him stated, many people are having issues adapting to the 4/15 update.

My question to the community and arenanet is this:

Why is it that arenanet seems to be the only developer willing to shake things up at the core and foundation of their game so much that people remember the dates of these changes in infamy? Another example, the November 5th 2012(I think the 5th) patch lives in infamy due to the release of ascended gear. Why is it that these huge changes which have good intentions behind them, so critically received?

Only a small loud handful of people were pining for some sort of verticle progression. So arenanet claims that ascended gear was always planned(but never told to us even 3 months after release and after we had our exotic sets rolling) and released it spawning one of the biggest controversial topics you’ll see on the forums.

No one asked for Living Story, and yet with its release and gradual build up as the core of their content development, interlaced with themed updates, mini games, hard to come by skins, gem shop cash grabs, and temporary content, spawned yet another intensely hot topic. Infact, a lot of people had asked for traditional content updates and questioned when the first expansion would be prior to living story even beginning. But no one asked for living story.

No one asked for mega server technology. We did ask for arenanet to come up with a way to populate the “leveling” zones a bit more. I always thought that this would be a system that encourages us to play in these zones, any zone that we choose, even at level 80. Instead, they roll out mega server technology(TESO anyone?) and merge every speaking language together? Im assuming there are more blatant issues that go along with this. We asked for zones to be filled again, not to be merged with people from other countries.

A few examples…one has to wonder who is making these decisions and why? Do they read these forums?

While I’ll admit, my hype over Wildstar has not been as high as my hype for GW2, and maybe thats a good thing all things considered, and I have contemplated coming back to GW2 at some point in the near future, but questionable development direction keeps me away. It is what finally drove me away from WoW after 7 years. And its what finally drove me away from GW2, and keeping me away.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

I feel you OP.

Due to my work and school schedule I don’t ever get to do karka now, and only get one shot at wurm/teq if I log on ages before so I get in the appropriate server.

I gave megaservers a chance because I hoped they would alleviate some of the problems with overflows, except they didn’t, and they created a bunch of problems that didn’t exist before megaservers. Doing a wurm on a megaserver will be borderline impossible. Good luck getting everyone on teamspeak! You ABSOLUTELY will need an overflow now if you want a successful kill with people all on voice chat.

I’m tired of the Tower of Babel, I’m tired of all the hate speech the Tower of Babel creates because there are people that apparently hate all non-english speakers, I’m tired of not recognizing anyone on the megaservers, I’m tired of only getting one shot a day at world bosses (at best) because I work a 9-5 job along with being a part-time student. I’m upset I had to put in a refund because they changed all the outfits I bought in good faith in the gem store, I’m upset because doing guild missions is a hassle now, and I’m MOST upset about the fact that not only did Anet think this patch was a good idea, but that they refuse to acknowledge the problems and instead have gone FULL SPEED AHEAD with the megaserver implementations even though it’s the worst of all worlds.

My typical GW2 login now consists of endless queensdale zerg and an occasional dungeon. Maybe if I’m feeling particularly ambitious, I will try to do wurm or teq, but usually it’s not worth the grief.

So GG anet, you’ve killed most of my interest in this game. I hope it was worth it.

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

(edited by cakesphere.5910)

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

I have not logged into the game and really played in 1-2 months. I have it uninstalled. But I am curious…
If what the OP says is true, that the megaserver places you in areas with people not of your native tongue, this is kind of..odd. And as the poster following him stated, many people are having issues adapting to the 4/15 update.

My question to the community and arenanet is this:

Why is it that arenanet seems to be the only developer willing to shake things up at the core and foundation of their game so much that people remember the dates of these changes in infamy? Another example, the November 5th 2012(I think the 5th) patch lives in infamy due to the release of ascended gear. Why is it that these huge changes which have good intentions behind them, so critically received?

Only a small loud handful of people were pining for some sort of verticle progression. So arenanet claims that ascended gear was always planned(but never told to us even 3 months after release and after we had our exotic sets rolling) and released it spawning one of the biggest controversial topics you’ll see on the forums.

No one asked for Living Story, and yet with its release and gradual build up as the core of their content development, interlaced with themed updates, mini games, hard to come by skins, gem shop cash grabs, and temporary content, spawned yet another intensely hot topic. Infact, a lot of people had asked for traditional content updates and questioned when the first expansion would be prior to living story even beginning. But no one asked for living story.

No one asked for mega server technology. We did ask for arenanet to come up with a way to populate the “leveling” zones a bit more. I always thought that this would be a system that encourages us to play in these zones, any zone that we choose, even at level 80. Instead, they roll out mega server technology(TESO anyone?) and merge every speaking language together? Im assuming there are more blatant issues that go along with this. We asked for zones to be filled again, not to be merged with people from other countries.

A few examples…one has to wonder who is making these decisions and why? Do they read these forums?

While I’ll admit, my hype over Wildstar has not been as high as my hype for GW2, and maybe thats a good thing all things considered, and I have contemplated coming back to GW2 at some point in the near future, but questionable development direction keeps me away. It is what finally drove me away from WoW after 7 years. And its what finally drove me away from GW2, and keeping me away.

Aside from the ascended gear, there is a mixed bag when it comes to opinions regarding Living Story and Megaservers and while both have flaws the illusion that both are ‘’trash decisions’’ is as mentioned…an illusion.

It is unrealsitic that GW2 today is one of the most populated MMOs in the west if we check the negativity in the forums like how it is unrealistic to believe that WoW surived 10 years while according to its forums, the game have been ruined for 10 years.

Yes, there is flaws, yes, Anet do stuff differently anda ren’t scared at all of trying new stuff…but that’s how innovation happen, we have enough MMOs following the same old stuff. Yes, they fail sometimes…but I would rather see them get better than copying others.

For reference, GW2 have basically been a game where Anet literally experiemented with methods and strategies and yet the game is cosnidered by the majority of media and playerbase (even of other MMOs) to be one of the most impressing if not the most impressing title on the western MMO market, that can tell you how bad the genre is.

PS. Your ESO reference regarding the mega-server is ironic, consdiering how Anet used the same technology 8 years ago in the cities of GW1.

Posted by: Nube one one seven.7039

Nube one one seven.7039

I think the core problem with the megaserver system is this: Most people assume more people is a good thing. Ironically enough, most boss fails aren`t due to too few, but to too many, specifically, too many people who have no clue, and are either incapable or disinclined to learn how. Increasing the number of players on maps has literally fixed nothing, in addition to adding even more problems, many of which have already been addressed here. But what really really makes me grit my teeth about this new system is this, I changed servers to a lower population server deliberately, in an attempt to avoid the massive mobs of people everywhere, I just wanted some peace and quiet (relatively). Now, after changing servers, a PLAYER CHOICE, I find that its completely irrelevant. I`ll still be rolled into other maps with other players, and my choices be bleeped because…………..why again? Why is my decision to make a lower population my home server being completely nullified? I still haven’t seen a clear-cut reason for this change, the “not enough players in lower levels” could just as easily been rectified by letting players swap home servers……………..at a reasonable cost (say all your current karma or something, something that’s not gem based, theres a lot of ideas here), without forcing everyone to pay for what seems to be a minority gripping. I`ll repeat the core of this here, the main complaint I`ve seen listed as justification for this change was already perfectly answerable WITHOUT a giant new system that completely nullifies something as core as home server choice.

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

Since we are receiving a lot of feedback about this topic, we are gathering it in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your question, comments and concerns in this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.