My Issue with GW2

My Issue with GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tholor.1479

Tholor.1479

In many other MMO’s there is no good side. Every race is doing something bad and there is none that are totally good. This is what I generally like about story’s in games. Guild Wars 2 however portrays you as fighting with the good side. There is very little story behind what you kill. For example, if you are in the human zone, the bandits are just seen as inferior groups of people that you must kill. Also the Nightmare Court in the sylvari zone is seen as the same. Every playable race is seen as allies and there is no war (unless you count killing dragons). It bugs me that all I fight are inferior NPC’s and there is little to no significance for what I do. I might be biased since I have only really played to level 20, but my first impressions on the overall story of this game is low. Does anyone feel otherwise?

My Issue with GW2

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The centaurs would like a word with you, as would the dredge etc. The races of Tyria kill a lot of the other races over land and resources. I’m sorry but no race in Tyria are completely good.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

My Issue with GW2

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I like to make up my own story.

My Issue with GW2

Posted by: Tholor.1479

Tholor.1479

The sad thing in my eyes, is you cannot play as a bandit or any of those groups.

My Issue with GW2

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

There’s good background story to the game, but it’s not presented to you straight up. You kind of have to dig for it and make the connections yourself.

The bandits, for example, are getting support from some of the higher-ups in Kryta, in an attempt to make the Queen look bad and overthrow her.

Nightmare Court? While yes, a lot of them are just plain evil, you can find a few cases where some of them are not, and they actually have some good points to their arguments. Flame Legion? You can encounter one charr about to join them because they’ve got nowhere else to turn to, and another charr that leaves the Flame Legion and betrays them to help the other Legions.

You may have to dig for it, but there are some shades of grey out there. Not just for the bad guys, but the good guys too. Don’t let the fact that the main story isn’t the greatest keep you from seeing what’s going on in the big picture.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

My Issue with GW2

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

If you believe there’s no war you haven’t even scratched the GW2 story and lore. I do agree that in the story your actions and decisions make absolute no difference in the outcome. It would be nice if your decisions would maybe accidentally kill a major character or cause the devastation of a city or something.

My Issue with GW2

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Do you mean you don’t get a kick by killing those? As in: “Random bandits? Why not the Tyrian Mafia?”.

I would also love to join the Inquest. No Zojja, but they have Plunka
About your problem, well, I kinda enjoy killing Dredge and Skritt. There is only one subterannean race! #Asuracist

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”