My Saddest Day In Guild Wars 2 Since Beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You got almost 1500 hours of play out of GW2. I think you got your money’s worth of content.

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

So if players feel the game is lacking after five months of playing it, they should just leave?

Yeah that sounds like a good long term business model cobalt, you should be working for arena net.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think your guild mates just want to play the game that in the now they are just using small bugs as an excuses. That how a lot of ppl are in the early months of long term games.
You seem to be the some what the same way if your looking to get all your gaming fun from just one game your views are flawed. This game is very different from other mmorpgs but its still an mmorpg therefor it must keep some things to keep it that way. The nice thing about GW2 most of the true mmorpg “work” for gear is comply unneeded to play the game its a chose that YOU make as a player to go after. If you hate the game because of this your more or less hating your own set of life chose.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You’re right, I should work for Arena.Net.

Posted by: UndeadRufus.6832

UndeadRufus.6832

…you have the casual player like me ( average 6-8 hours a day And by far not an Elitist.)

Casual? For “6-8 hours a day?”

As for your guild members quitting over bugs — why put so many hours into a game that is allegedly so bug-ridden that you’re driven to quit? That doesn’t make any sense to me. I have no shortage of GW2 criticisms and still encounter things that I wish would change, but the game has improved significantly since release.

I’m kind of with you on the new content, as all that I’ve experienced has been underwhelming and/or lag-plagued, but you and your pals seem to be going overboard. Maybe you’re burned out. At “6-8 hours a day,” I would strongly consider that possibility.

“Fickle, wild, irrational apes aren’t qualified to boss each other around….”

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

What about the actual gaming content!!. All i am Writing here is not even my opinion its what i just read from my 2 officier mails. I’m sorry but i Must Share. This MMO was suppose to be the Game of the Year,The Revolutioning MMO Of All Time.. If you like that your game is being played least try to keep your players. I’d also like to add that this game have an incredible potential and i still think it could be better than this..The gameplay of the game is the key of it success..
Best regards – Jack Of Ascalon

Absolutely correct on all points. Where are the DE metas and why have we not seen a temporary increase in bug repair and class balance staffing to handle the problems that have been here since BWE2?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What about the actual gaming content!!. All i am Writing here is not even my opinion its what i just read from my 2 officier mails. I’m sorry but i Must Share. This MMO was suppose to be the Game of the Year,The Revolutioning MMO Of All Time.. If you like that your game is being played least try to keep your players. I’d also like to add that this game have an incredible potential and i still think it could be better than this..The gameplay of the game is the key of it success..
Best regards – Jack Of Ascalon

Absolutely correct on all points. Where are the DE metas and why have we not seen a temporary increase in bug repair and class balance staffing to handle the problems that have been here since BWE2?

Well what bugs are you talking about in the game over all or is it just one bug that your happening having a problem with? (I think this is more real to the fact ppl tend to say “omg the games soo buggly” when its one small thing that they want to finish it right now and will never go back to do.)
I think you should maybe take some time off from FW2 (form wars 2) seeing how it seems ppl like to post on the forms more so then play the game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think it’s when skill points, or events get stuck, hence “it’s too buggy”. And yes, it happens more often than . . . say, never, so Murphy’s Law states the instant you want/need to do it . . . it’s going to glitch on you.

I still thing the part that makes me want to play less is knowing that no matter what I do:

- There’s no respect to be gained for doing anything, or being helpful.
- No matter what you play, you’re either “doing it wrong” or “you’re just a cookie cutter X”.
- If I find something cool or rare, it’s automatically assumed I bought instead of earned it.
- The guilty feeling I get for enjoying playing the game, when I’m clearly not supposed to enjoy it.

In short, I’d be having a blast if it weren’t for people.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

-snip-

why put so many hours into a game that is allegedly so bug-ridden that you’re driven to quit? That doesn’t make any sense to me. I have no shortage of GW2 criticisms and still encounter things that I wish would change, but the game has improved significantly since release.

-snip-

I’ll give you a very very simple example of a bug that will make you rage quit a game after you have invested hundreds of hours in it.

Note: this bug does not really exist, we are just using an example.

So, you spent the last 900 hours collecting all the materials necessary to actually craft you Legendary Twilight. You expect to get Twilight out of it. Hey there! Bugged recipe! After you put in your 4 components (Dusk, Gift of Twilight, Gift of Fortune, Gift of Mastery) which took 900hours+ to actually craft, somehow due to a bug, it gives out a random exotic pauldron.

You put in many hours, you did not expect to quit. You are not going to do it all over again though(hahaha it is gonna bug again if you do, very funny!). You are angry and frustrated, you quit. Given this is not a true bug, but you would quit in this situation, because you did not get what you worked oh so hard for.

Want real bugs that cause people to quit after hundreds of invested hours?
1. Sunrise or Twilight do NOT count as Legendary, did you expect this?
Time spent on getting a Legendary that is not Legendary
2. Look at a Foefire’s Essence in preview and one equipped, clearly not what you previewed?(hint: go to graphic/art bug section sticky thread for picture)
Time spent on getting an expensive weapon that is not what you previewed
3. Expensive armors clipping on your character so badly, but did not clip in preview panel. See also bugged recipe/armor boxes that give you something else.
Time spent on getting an expensive armor that is not what you previewed
4. World Map completion that does not completely complete.
Time spent on getting an achievement/2 Gift of Exploration that did not completely achieve
5. Trading Post vanishing items that were never bought and never sold.
Time spent on buying/selling items that you never receive and your money/item vanishes in thin air

Now, i will bet you that some of these bugs are rare, and most of us never even encountered it, or already knew we would encounter it and accepted to live with it.

However, when you do unfortunately encounter it, bad surprises when you did not expect to encounter such a bug = bad experience for the player = the player requesting the bug gets fixed but gets ignored = frustrated player calling developers incompetent(we are not saying such a thing in this thread) = quitting player for greener grass elsewhere.

Just remember the negative effect it has on you. You own a Sunrise, every time you log in, you see that the Legendary Achievement is still off. Every time you log in, it reminds you of how bug ridden this game is. Over-time, you keep seeing it, you say to yourself that the devs dont care about their game, or care to reward you for actually getting Sunrise. When people feel ignored, they move away.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . or care to reward you for actually getting Sunrise. When people feel ignored, they move away.

Wouldn’t the reward for getting Sunrise be actually having Sunrise? The achievements don’t matter since nobody else can see them anyway. Except for the small handful which bestow titles, but most people are running around with Hall of Monuments titles that I see.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I have since leveled From Black Citadel to Gendarren Fields, i have seen multiple broken Dynamic Events in every map, could be upwards of 50% of them maybe less, they still have not been fixed…

Class Balance fixes are still insanely out Thieves in wvw still run rampant, warriors in dungeons need no one else and Engineer is still broken kitten (sorry Engi it is) Rangers are ho hum in wvw (i still cannot permanently stow or remove my Pets), Necos are terrible and both their pets still stink etc…

Culling in WvW/PvE issues

Latency issues and Disconnects (not completely Anets fault but still there)

The loot issues in open world, and forced game play of Dungeons and Fotm to gain anything worth using to me is a bug..

Over dependance on the Trading post to get what you need to have fun in the game..

Cash shop items Bugging out (full make over packs) and laurels taking months to acquire anything worth using and the ranger pack is bugged..

I have no trouble understanding why the OP’s friends left.

(edited by Dante.1508)

Turtle Dragon.9241

. . . or care to reward you for actually getting Sunrise. When people feel ignored, they move away.

Wouldn’t the reward for getting Sunrise be actually having Sunrise? The achievements don’t matter since nobody else can see them anyway. Except for the small handful which bestow titles, but most people are running around with Hall of Monuments titles that I see.

Well, maybe that one was just a lesser example. Take this one instead then:
Whenever i open my map and i see that my complete world map still says incomplete, how do you think i feel?
Whenever i open my hero panel and look at Foefire’s Essence, then close it and see the actual weapon on my character’s back, how do you think i feel?
When i see my cultural armor clipping on my character every time i move forward, how do you think i feel?
Whenever i order something on the TP and my money just vanishes, or before actually ordering something i have to keep saying “please dont vanish” over and over in my head to convince myself to actually order something, how do you think i feel?

It is true, these are MINOR bugs, very minor, very annoying bugs. However, even little details count towards your gaming (bad) experience. When you spent 900 hours over something that just vanishes in thin air(see hundreds of threads about the “science of 1500 rares for a precursor thread with no precursor obtained” out there, whether it lost/bugged/broken because of a bug or RNG, you did spend the time, but it is now time to give up.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I have since leveled From Black Citadel to Gendarren Fields, i have seen multiple broken Dynamic Events in every map, could be upwards of 50% of them maybe less, they still have not been fixed…

Class Balance fixes are still insanely out Thieves in wvw still run rampant, warriors in dungeons need no one else and Engineer is still broken kitten (sorry Engi it is) Rangers are ho hum in wvw (i still cannot permanently stow or remove my Pets), Necos are terrible and both their pets still stink etc…

Culling in WvW/PvE issues

Latency issues and Disconnects (not completely Anets fault but still there)

The loot issues in open world, and forced game play of Dungeons and Fotm to gain anything worth using to me is a bug..

Over dependance on the Trading post to get what you need to have fun in the game..

Cash shop items Bugging out and laurels taking months to acquire anything worth using and the ranger pack is bugged..

I have no trouble understanding why the OP’s friends left.

More than 50% of events aren’t bugged, unless your server sucks a whole lot more badly than mine. MAYBE 10% are bugged. Exaggerating doesn’t make you righter.

Part of the problems with forums everywhere is people use hyperbole and exaggerate to make their points and this makes their entire argument circumspect.

Sure there are bugged events, but in no zone are half the events bugged, though in Orr at launch it might have been close.

The problem is you haven’t sat there and counted every zone event and then counted the broken ones.

There are dozens of events in each zone. I doubt more than a dozen of them are broken at any time. In fact, I doubt more than 2 or 3 are broken at any time.

Complaining about something legitimate is fair game. Exaggerating the situation, however, makes people question everything else you’re saying.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It is true, these are MINOR bugs, very minor, very annoying bugs. However, even little details count towards your gaming (bad) experience. When you spent 900 hours over something that just vanishes in thin air(see hundreds of threads about the “science of 1500 rares for a precursor thread with no precursor obtained” out there, whether it lost/bugged/broken because of a bug or RNG, you did spend the time, but it is now time to give up.

I posted this before, but here goes:

I’m not sure what contributes more to my negative experience with Guild Wars 2. The part of community which seems to think I must be wrong in the head to enjoy playing the game, or the ones who tell me more-or-less to my face I shouldn’t be having fun.

I can get past the bugs, I can get past the glitches, because if it really bugs me I can put the game down and walk away for a couple days. Weeks. Months if need be. I’m not paying for it, it’s just like three of the other games I play; I paid a price for the software, and I can either play it or not as I choose.

And, being completely honest, I got bigger things to worry about in my life than anything going on in Guild Wars 2. Anything.

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

You got almost 1500 hours of play out of GW2. I think you got your money’s worth of content.

Time spent/invested is -NOT- the same as ‘’quality or money’s worth’’ at all, and who ever think otherwise is delusional, especially in MMOs.

I took an arrow to the knee

Turtle Dragon.9241

More than 50% of events aren’t bugged, unless your server sucks a whole lot more badly than mine. MAYBE 10% are bugged. Exaggerating doesn’t make you righter.

Part of the problems with forums everywhere is people use hyperbole and exaggerate to make their points and this makes their entire argument circumspect.

Sure there are bugged events, but in no zone are half the events bugged, though in Orr at launch it might have been close.

The problem is you haven’t sat there and counted every zone event and then counted the broken ones.

There are dozens of events in each zone. I doubt more than a dozen of them are broken at any time. In fact, I doubt more than 2 or 3 are broken at any time.

Complaining about something legitimate is fair game. Exaggerating the situation, however, makes people question everything else you’re saying.

I would argue that some of the events are only bugged 50% of the time. Take example: Final chamber Detha AC Explorable, bugs if Detha teleports directly into the event circle, does not bug if you make sure Detha walks slowly into it. You might not notice the bug unless you ran AC path2 for the 40th time, but the bug still exists whether everyone encounters it everyday or just one person encounters it once every month.

Hence that event is considered bugged by some, but not by others. Technically speaking, even if it bugs 1 in 1 million times, it is still a bugged event.

I do agree that Exaggerating doesn’t make you righter though.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hence that event is considered bugged by some, but not by others. Technically speaking, even if it bugs 1 in 1 million times, it is still a bugged event.

Here’s a few things about that 1 bug per million times:

- Report it. It may be likely if it’s that uncommon that it bugs, nobody knows about it. Report it every time you encounter it. Not reporting it and complaining it didn’t get fixed is so very unhelpful.

- If it’s not directly able to be reproduced 100% of the time, it’s harder to track down what’s “broken”. This means it can take longer.

- If you define a “bugged” event as something that bugs up 1 time per million, every single part of the game is “bugged”.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ve yet to play an MMO that doesn’t have tons of bugs. Every MMO I’ve tried has bugs. I couldn’t even get AoC to work on my machine without crashing constantly. It was bad enough to be completely unplayable.

Rift had it’s share of bugs, and also the tendency to completely change skill trees, sometimes a few times a week. Every day I’d log in and have to respec my character. Drove me mad. But I didn’t leave Rift because of bugs.

New MMOs, even more than long term established ones, are going to have lots of bugs. That’s because as time goes on, MMOs need to launch with bigger worlds and more content to be viable. If MMOs made like one zone and that was it, there’d be a lot less bugs.

Guild Wars 2 launched with more than 1500 events. Most MMOs launch with 500-600 quests, and they don’t have personal stories either. How many personal story missions are there, to add to the 1500 events?

The more content you release, the more bugs will be, because bugs beget bugs. Complexity begets bugs. So the game has bugs.

Tons of bugs have been fixed since launch. I can think of dozens off the top of my head. But there are still more bugs, because patches cause bugs, sometimes almost as fast as they fix them.

My personal story was bugged early on and now it’s fixed. I had one guy in my guild that had three bugged personal stories and they’re all fixed. Fixes are happening regularly but updates sometimes create bugs too.

Bugs are a fact of MMOs. Even five year old MMOs have them. A six month MMO is generally going to be swimming in them.

Try to remember, other types of games aren’t constantly changing all the time so their bugs get fixed and new bugs don’t get introduced. That’s not the case in MMOs.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Bugs are a fact of MMOs. Even five year old MMOs have them. A six month MMO is generally going to be swimming in them.

I’ll correct this statement:

“Bugs are a fact of gaming period.”

And if you thought that pre-broadband eras had games with less bugs being released? I have some prime real estate in Kryta to sell you.

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

…and you have the casual player like me ( average 6-8 hours a day…

had to laugh at this

I would not consider you casual, in fact, you might wanna play a bit less if you want the game to last longer for you.

Posted by: Dark Jackson.3417

Dark Jackson.3417

I see that its out the rail, I wanna add some stability in here. There is My Game Time, Also my mates left from Residual bugs And The Fact that to make money, loot, anything you want. You always have to do the samething Over and Over and Over again, what i mean is that for exemple : You need Charged lodestones for legendary, you can waste 2 hours farming that thing, not getting a single stones and than we go Dwayna reset. Than you wanna farm ‘’ Money ’’ Omnom Dungeon Speed run Over and over and over again, always the same boss always the same loot My guild and I are Daily Running AC/Cm/CoF/Hotw/Arah/FOTM

See we have alot of diversified dungeon run, but still after 2 month..Your sick of Everything.But…still..loves is in the air ?

Also* I’m not a Quitter, not after 8 years Almost 9 playing Guild wars this game is all my teenage, Never said i was about to leave.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Not just games, but all software of sufficient size and complexity has bugs. It’s the nature of the software game. The bugs are reported, the bugs are fixed. No one expects GW2 to be bug-free if they have any understanding of the domain at all. What is unconscionable with GW2 is a monthly event release schedule in the face of existing bug and balance issues. This is the problem I have with the state of the game around bugs. I don’t expect perfection, but I do expect good judgment and continuous improvement. I haven’t seen a lot of either since 11/15/2012.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I’ve learned today that apparently playing 6-8 hours a day makes you a casual player

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Time spent/invested is -NOT- the same as ‘’quality or money’s worth’’ at all, and who ever think otherwise is delusional, especially in MMOs.

If you spend 1500 hours in an entertainment device, it must’ve been entertaining. And “casual gamers” are not spending 6-8 hours a day on games.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

(edited by Winfernal.9208)

Posted by: Beren Iluthiel.9134

Beren Iluthiel.9134

Sum up the story:

Casual player….6-8hour a day…. friends got bored and stopped playing A GAME….. 2 months doing the same thing everyday….. ok, nothing interesting here.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

I’ve learned today that apparently playing 6-8 hours a day makes you a casual player

If that is “casual”, what am I with my 10 hours a week?

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

As someone alluded to earlier, the “bugs” complaint is likely a cop-out. After 1500 hours of gameplay, sometimes things just aren’t entertaining anymore. A lot of times with this type of game, a person stops enjoying it, but keeps playing anyway. They need an excuse, just some sort of reason why they can stop playing because playing has become a habit and done out of routine instead of enjoyment. That’s okay. That’s natural.

I suspect your friends quit because they weren’t having fun anymore, and not because of “bugs” or other reasons listed. The reality is that sometimes, even in an MMO, you reach the end. You get to that point where there’s nothing left that you want to do. I know that happened to me with the original GW, probably at least 3 times actually. But that’s the nice thing here, they can always come back later when there’s new content to enjoy, or they’re just not so burned out on experiencing the current content. It’s always sad to see quality people go, but sometimes that’s life.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

The cause : Anet keep working on new content instead fixing all the bugs around.

Cool story bro.

Fact is: your friends quit because they chose to repeat the same content over and over, then grew bored doing it. That doesn’t really sound like a good recreational choice to me.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

As someone alluded to earlier, the “bugs” complaint is likely a cop-out. After 1500 hours of gameplay, sometimes things just aren’t entertaining anymore. A lot of times with this type of game, a person stops enjoying it, but keeps playing anyway. They need an excuse, just some sort of reason why they can stop playing because playing has become a habit and done out of routine instead of enjoyment. That’s okay. That’s natural.

I suspect your friends quit because they weren’t having fun anymore, and not because of “bugs” or other reasons listed. The reality is that sometimes, even in an MMO, you reach the end. You get to that point where there’s nothing left that you want to do. I know that happened to me with the original GW, probably at least 3 times actually. But that’s the nice thing here, they can always come back later when there’s new content to enjoy, or they’re just not so burned out on experiencing the current content. It’s always sad to see quality people go, but sometimes that’s life.

I present the opinion it was not entirely a cop-out, just they were getting tired of playing and the bugs were the minor irritant that made them decide to put the game away. Everyone gets tired of a game, that’s to be expected. Even single-player games with dozens of mods/conversions can become stale over time, and you just kind of . . . lose interest.

The thing is, that’s absolutely okay. If you just need a break from the game, we’ll leave a light on for you.

Dark Jackson.3417

I see that you guys keep de-railing again. I Play 2 to 3 hours before to go work and at least 4 hours after dinner. Be realist. Not 8 Consecutive hours. I Also take a break every single hour. I’ve also based my statement (Anet Forwarding on new content ) from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

Posted by: Forneus.4930

Forneus.4930

(snip) … and you have the casual player like me ( average 6-8 hours a day And by far not an Elitist.)

that really made my day, casual?. What would you call a player like me then, that does NOT log in every day (gasp!) and when he does, plays for 3 hours tops?
As others have said, with apparently over 1500 hours logged, well perhaps it’s just time to move on. Good luck in finding your new GW2 to you

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I see that you guys keep de-railing again. I Play 2 to 3 hours before to go work and at least 4 hours after dinner. Be realist. Not 8 Consecutive hours. I Also take a break every single hour. I’ve also based my statement (Anet Forwarding on new content ) from http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

I’m not trying to derail the thread. Though, mind you, it’s really hard to stay on topic when discussing this goodbye.

I play, maybe, 2 hours a day on average. Some days I don’t play. Some days I play 1 hour in the morning and one in the evening after daily reset. I more than made up for it by playing a lot for the first three months. I also probably will play a bit more than that on the weekends, because I can.

I don’t see exactly what the problem with playing at those hours, because I get plenty enough done for what I want to do. Get my Dailies finished, grab some Fine materials and work on some crafting. Play around with some of the other races I built so I can see what their stories turn out like (for the first three chapters anyway) and how I like them . . . maybe I’ll pop into WvW and mess around for a bit.

Really, the issue is that people can get bored with the game in general. Heck, people can get bored with Skyrim . . . as awesome as that game may be. I wouldn’t know, I don’t own it and can’t play it if I did. There’s nothing wrong with needing a break.

Posted by: Forneus.4930

Forneus.4930

I posted this before, but here goes:

I’m not sure what contributes more to my negative experience with Guild Wars 2. The part of community which seems to think I must be wrong in the head to enjoy playing the game, or the ones who tell me more-or-less to my face I shouldn’t be having fun.

I can get past the bugs, I can get past the glitches, because if it really bugs me I can put the game down and walk away for a couple days. Weeks. Months if need be. I’m not paying for it, it’s just like three of the other games I play; I paid a price for the software, and I can either play it or not as I choose.

And, being completely honest, I got bigger things to worry about in my life than anything going on in Guild Wars 2. Anything.

this exactly! couldn’t have said it any better…I need to stop reading this forums, it’s to no good (goes and looks for another way to get his GW2-fix while at work.. :-)

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Tbh if you play 8 hours and get only 4 rares, you’re doing it wrong.

Sometimes I get 4 rares in 10 minutes.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Dark Jackson.3417

Let’s just say, As the game Magic-find thing, we might not be on the same loot/player table.

Dark Jackson.3417

Everything in the Upper part is from my mails. My Opinion is at the very bottom.

JemL.3501

Cool story. No one does anything for 1500 hours without enjoying it.
Try again.

If you spend 1500 hours in an entertainment device, it must’ve been entertaining. And “casual gamers” are not spending 6-8 hours a day on games.

You both arent very smart apparently.

CobaltSixty.1542 your -Cool Story- was ‘’you got your moneys worth because you played/used it much, you should be satisfied so dont complaint’’

We arent talking about ‘’if he enjoyed the game and got addicted/played much’’ we are talking you are labeling something with ‘’moneys worth’’ with a delusional argument.

Whats ‘’money worth’‘? something you use for so much time? what about if i buy a Ferrari and use it once a month? what about if a buy an alienware and last less than my previous own build? i hope you dont use your ’’moneys worth’’ philosophy in everything…because that would be sad.

And people in this community is hilarious too, apparently posting your gameplay hours is a bad idea because they will either tell you ‘’so much time, go away dont complaint’’ or ‘’small ammount of time you should go and play more’’ so i wonder which is the gameplay hours for someone to be able to post without getting bashed, and that is one of the points.

Why dont -You- try again? I like to try as you can see, amuse me.

(edited by JemL.3501)

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

anyone else thought he got sad when he did /age and saw 1500 hours played? i invested 900 hours into this game and it makes me wanna cry.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Dark Jackson.3417

Well, About my Gametime..I know its alot I’ve been part of the Launch Marathon Explorer, I was drugged as well i was waiting this game for so long. But there alot of people having way more than me. Also it happens that i fall asleep the game open And i usually dont waste my time on forums it was very execeptional.

Winfernal.9208

Cool story. No one does anything for 1500 hours without enjoying it.
Try again.

You both arent very smart apparently.

CobaltSixty.1542 your -Cool Story- was ‘’you got your moneys worth because you played/used it much, you should be satisfied so dont complaint’’

We arent talking about ‘’if he enjoyed the game and got addicted/played much’’ we are talking you are labeling something with ‘’moneys worth’’ with a delusional argument.

Whats ‘’money worth’‘? something you use for so much time? what about if i buy a Ferrari and use it once a month? what about if a buy an alienware and last less than my previous own build? i hope you dont use your ’’moneys worth’’ philosophy in everything…because that would be sad.

And people in this community is hilarious too, apparently posting your gameplay hours is a bad idea because they will either tell you ‘’so much time, go away dont complaint’’ or ‘’small ammount of time you should go and play more’’ so i wonder which is the gameplay hours for someone to be able to post without getting bashed, and that is one of the points.

Why dont -You- try again? I like to try as you can see.

Buy 5 movies. Watch them. That’s 10 hours for you, at the same price of GW2.
A game where he got 1500 hours played. They’re both for entertainment, they’re both for you to enjoy. For FUN. You can’t compare a game to a CAR.

There is no subscription on this game. So you can sure as hell get your moneys worth with 1500 hours played.

(edited by Winfernal.9208)

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Why dont -You- try again? I like to try as you can see, amuse me.

Hard to take you seriously with that signature, bit I digress. You can argue time spent vs the cost of a product. I spent $60 on Skyrim and got 75 hours worth of enjoyment from it :P I know a single player game isn’t the same as an MMO, but with no sub required I’d say $60 for this game and just getting bored/wanting to quit now is a win.

JemL.3501

A game where he got 1500 hours played. They’re both for entertainment, they’re both for you to enjoy. For FUN.

There is no subscription on this game. So you can sure as hell get your moneys worth with 1500 hours played.

What about if those movies were terrible and i forced myself because i bough them.

Subscription has nothing to do with this, now your implying because there isnt any, if you play more than x hours must be a total ‘’moneys worth’’ and are trying to bring the -FUN- thing when is so obvious someone is going to play a game for fun….but what does that had to do with ‘’moneys worth’’

So i ask you again…which is the limited time which you can play so you can come here and have a little ‘’complaint/suggestion/critic’’ without getting bashed because you have so much time or little ammount of time.

Im typing this from my iphone sitting in my Ferrari having a nice view of the stars, while you think in the limited ammount of time for not getting bashed and why ‘’invested time’’ in x is equals to ’’money’s worth’’

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Would you watch one of those movies for 1500 hours?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Let’s be fair, some people have watched certain movies for that long over the course of their lives. These are the people who can quote the whole of “Monty Python and the Search For the Holy Grail” from beginning to end, or the people who can get on stage and do Rocky Horror. Or the people who can sit down and deconstruct movies like Inception, Star Trek 2, Star Wars, et cetera.

If I counted the number of times I’ve watched “Ghostbusters” and multiplied by the running time, I think I’d be halfway to 1500.

JemL.3501

Sure thing…althought will depend in what the movie about, and that wont make me think ‘’omg total money worth’’ because is delusional.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

You should follow your own advice, mate. Exaggerating the situation in claiming there are less bugged events is just as bad …

I often do my daily in Gendarran Fields. There was a long stretch of time around a month ago when I counted 4 bugged events in 1/3 of this map on my server! These were either stuck or would not trigger. After server resets, they would work ok for a bit, then bug again.

Even now, there are still some events in this section of map that never trigger. And, this is just in one smallish section of one one map! Compound this over all the PvE maps, and situation might not be as bad as the other poster stated, but it is certainly much worse than you claim it is ..

However, this is small potatoes compared against the major issues outstanding with this game. Class balance is still a huge issue. Try playing a spirit ranger then come back and say the game has been fixed …

Releasing new content while the game is still in much the same mess as it was when released almost 6 months ago is more than enough justification for any player, regardless of how much time spent in-game, to quit ..

My time limit is 6 months. If anet has not addressed most of the class balance and buggy / poorly implemented skills in the up coming Feb update, I will be gone as well. Enough is enough, and I suspect I won’t be the only one looking for the exit …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

Winfernal.9208

A game where he got 1500 hours played. They’re both for entertainment, they’re both for you to enjoy. For FUN.

What about if those movies were terrible and i forced myself because i bough them.

Subscription has nothing to do with this, now your implying because there isnt any, if you play more than x hours must be a total ‘’moneys worth’’ and are trying to bring the -FUN- thing when is so obvious someone is going to play a game for fun….but what does that had to do with ‘’moneys worth’’

So i ask you again…which is the limited time which you can play so you can come here and have a little ‘’complaint/suggestion/critic’’ without getting bashed because you have so much time or little ammount of time.

Im typing this from my iphone sitting in my Ferrari having a nice view of the stars, while you think in the limited ammount of time for not getting bashed and why ‘’invested time’’ in x is equals to ’’money’s worth’’

When you’ve played this game from 6-8 hours a day since release, you’re bound to get bored eventually.

You could also narrow that post down by 5-6 lines instead of repeating yourself, to strengthen the point you’re trying to prove.

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Strange, all the posts vanished?

Dark Jackson.3417

After reading all of this lead to : What is the priority now.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

@dark jackson

It seems to me you’re just tired of the game. And that’s ok. I stopped playing a few games because I wasn’t having fun anymore. The nice thing is, with gw2 if you ever feel nostalgic, you can always log-in and play again. Hope you and your mates do come back eventually. For now, happy vacation!

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.