My Saddest Day In Guild Wars 2 Since Beta

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Jack,

Probably every guild leader in this game will say to you that they are having trouble keeping their players together playing this game. Players lost their “mojo” All the three sections of the game (sPvP, PvE and WvW) are incredibly faulty and lack some fundamental MMO mechanics.
One of the fundamental gaming mechanics is setting an almost addicting driving force that makes you play the game and appearing “every day” just to play a little longer. However this game lacks the core mechanic driving forces:
- sPvP – There is no competition. Players specially in this game loves to be the best (even they aren’t, they still think they are). There is no way of doing this in this game. There is no goal whatsoever , other than play this game mode for fun.
- WvW – No rankings, no guild content, nothing. Everyone is just a piece of meat and everyone is like a pawn in this chess board. Repeat and do again.
- PvE – Something is clearly wrong in this game mode. Players are being forced to do some particular things to get things done! Leveling is easy, gearing is easy… so what will you do to keep you hooked? Grinding? That’s what it is left!

Also, bugs! This game has a lot of them. Particularly class bugs. A lot of bugs still happens and they aren’t being corrected as they should. You can see that just by looking at the wiki and a lot of skills, traits and items are still bugged.

Overall, the game is not nearly as completed as it should be. It needs a lot to be done. Regarding the content and the players leaving, is up to the guild leaders to create the driving forces for them to stick around. Make guild events, create prizes, Go to war as a guild, do some events (dragons, temples, etc… etc…) Raiding different dungeons with different people. There is so much that can be done…

But one thing i can be sure. If the guild leader looses his faith, his guild is going down!

Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Tbh if you play 8 hours and get only 4 rares, you’re doing it wrong.

Sometimes I get 4 rares in 10 minutes.

I agree I find his 4 rares in 8 hours odd, but being someone with bad luck myself I find your 4 rares in 10mins just as a odd.

As for people bashing him for calling himself casual, seriously, wth? how is it relevant? if anything the fact that he still can’t keep up ingame by playing 6-8 hours just shows his point.

And this bullkitten “Oh you got 1500 hours played, mabye you should just quit” behaviour needs to go, this is not a single player game, in mmo terms 1500 hours is nothing, I easily spent 10 000 hours + on eq1, and still kept my intrest for years, its a mmo its ment to keep your intrest for a long period of time.

How long he played has absolutely nothing to do with if he should quit or not.

And while I havnt seen alot of bugs like he apperntly has, I still see plenty of issues with the game which could drive people to quit, these issues need to be discussed not sweept under the rug.

If you are perfectly happy with the game, then more power to you, enjoy it, but don’t expect other players to ignore flaws that do not bother or affect you.

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

I have since leveled From Black Citadel to Gendarren Fields, i have seen multiple broken Dynamic Events in every map, could be upwards of 50% of them maybe less, they still have not been fixed…

LoL, that is a lot of bugs.. when i started playing there was only 1 bug in my caledon forest.. and it was a skill point on a bridge.. fixed the next week.

Class Balance fixes are still insanely out-snip-

sounds like you havent played necro or engie to me.. but anyway.. the the OP check out the list of bug fixes that came with the 28 JAN 13 patch … it is so long i didnt even want to read it all.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013/first#post1336820

not focusing on big fixes my bum.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

‘’Playing 8 hours a day winning 4 yellow for a grant total of 8 ectos ’’

and you have the casual player like me ( average 6-8 hours a day And by far not an Elitist.) ’’Guild wars 2 is the kind of game that you see anything in 2 weeks,

There are the problems that I see. Guildies playing 8 hours a day?

You think being a casual player is 6-8 hours a day? I can assure you it’s not. That is a luxury, not being a casual gamer.

You have over 1500 hours of playtime since release? You’ve overused the game.

There is no way you can see the whole game world in 2 weeks unless you play for insane amounts of time.

I still have maps that I haven’t even opened up yet. Never even been there.

It’s unfair for those players who dedicate their entire days and nights to playing a game then scream at the Developers for not making enough content.

Things like precursors and legendary weapon I do agree. There should be a reasonable expectation of being able to receive your legendary if you work toward it. That is not the same thing as playing with the RNG and praying.

I think maybe you need to take a break and go outside, get some fresh air, let the game sit for a bit and come back. You need a vacation.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

More than 50% of events aren’t bugged, unless your server sucks a whole lot more badly than mine. MAYBE 10% are bugged. Exaggerating doesn’t make you righter.

Part of the problems with forums everywhere is people use hyperbole and exaggerate to make their points and this makes their entire argument circumspect.

Sure there are bugged events, but in no zone are half the events bugged, though in Orr at launch it might have been close.

The problem is you haven’t sat there and counted every zone event and then counted the broken ones.

There are dozens of events in each zone. I doubt more than a dozen of them are broken at any time. In fact, I doubt more than 2 or 3 are broken at any time.

Complaining about something legitimate is fair game. Exaggerating the situation, however, makes people question everything else you’re saying.

You should follow your own advice, mate. Exaggerating the situation in claiming there are less bugged events is just as bad …

I often do my daily in Gendarran Fields. There was a long stretch of time around a month ago when I counted 4 bugged events in 1/3 of this map on my server! These were either stuck or would not trigger. After server resets, they would work ok for a bit, then bug again.

Even now, there are still some events in this section of map that never trigger. And, this is just in one smallish section of one one map! Compound this over all the PvE maps, and situation might not be as bad as the other poster stated, but it is certainly much worse than you claim it is ..

However, this is small potatoes compared against the major issues outstanding with this game. Class balance is still a huge issue. Try playing a spirit ranger then come back and say the game has been fixed …

Releasing new content while the game is still in much the same mess as it was when released almost 6 months ago is more than enough justification for any player, regardless of how much time spent in-game, to quit ..

My time limit is 6 months. If anet has not addressed most of the class balance and buggy / poorly implemented skills in the up coming Feb update, I will be gone as well. Enough is enough, and I suspect I won’t be the only one looking for the exit …

And how many sections of the map have no bugged events. What a ridiculous claim!

So okay I’ll go in game and count bugged events, just to prove the point if that makes you feel better. The fact is I’ve never seen anywhere near 50% bugged. Not ever. Not anywhere. You may feel frustrated because there were some bugged events, but you’re simply exaggerating, or if not, you’re massively unlucky.

I run events all the time, and I do come across the occasional event that’s bugged, but it’s just that…. occasional. I strongly suspect your emotional annoyance has amplified what’s actually going on.

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

and you have the casual player like me ( average 6-8 hours a day And by far not an Elitist.) ’’Guild wars 2 is the kind of game that you see anything in 2 weeks,

You think being a casual player is 6-8 hours a day? I can assure you it’s not. That is a luxury, not being a casual gamer.

There is no way you can see the whole game world in 2 weeks unless you play for insane amounts of time.

It’s unfair for those players who dedicate their entire days and nights to playing a game then scream at the Developers for not making enough content.

Things like precursors and legendary weapon I do agree. There should be a reasonable expectation of being able to receive your legendary if you work toward it. That is not the same thing as playing with the RNG and praying.

I think maybe you need to take a break and go outside, get some fresh air, let the game sit for a bit and come back. You need a vacation.

you should have read his post, he was complaining about the fact that they were focusing on adding new content, rather then fixing the content they had..

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

can i get the tldr version?

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

you should have read his post, he was complaining about the fact that they were focusing on adding new content, rather then fixing the content they had..

nm

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Tbh if you play 8 hours and get only 4 rares, you’re unlucky

fixed it for you

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Releasing new content while the game is still in much the same mess as it was when released almost 6 months ago is more than enough justification for any player, regardless of how much time spent in-game, to quit ..

Certainly you troll! I dare you show me how the game is “in the same mess” it was back in release date, and even back then, it was perfectly playable. Either you are trolling or exaggerating to make a point, because what you say is most untrue, regardless any Spirit Ranger complaints.

To be honest, it’s OK to quit a game because it does nothing for you anymore, but do not blame what’s not there in order to do so. I didn’t quit due to Ascended gear’s higher stats (for instance) because the game is still fun in many other areas, and I am currently ignoring all that gear-as well as the Fractals, in any case-until it’s a more finished concept. However, if I wanted to quit, I certainly wouldn’t blame it on the fact that the Guardian trait Purity of Voice is still bugged since release, and then claim the game hasn’t been fixed at all, being “in the same mess” as you stated-I would quit for a more factual reason (getting bored, busy life, other interests, etc.-which are all valid reasons.)

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Posted by: Ishiga.6053

Ishiga.6053

You got almost 1500 hours of play out of GW2. I think you got your money’s worth of content.

Time spent/invested is -NOT- the same as ‘’quality or money’s worth’’ at all, and who ever think otherwise is delusional, especially in MMOs.

Cool story. No one does anything for 1500 hours without enjoying it.

Try again.

Anyone working a dead end job. Next?

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Yeah, I did read the post. I read the part where the complaint was there was events being added but no new content and basically events are useless and “where is the new content?”.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

You got almost 1500 hours of play out of GW2. I think you got your money’s worth of content.

Time spent/invested is -NOT- the same as ‘’quality or money’s worth’’ at all, and who ever think otherwise is delusional, especially in MMOs.

Cool story. No one does anything for 1500 hours without enjoying it.

Try again.

Anyone working a dead end job. Next?

Perhaps he really meant no one should do someting for 1,500 hours without enjoying it-including GW2 AND the dead end job (yep, I know many people have to do a job they don’t like, but hopefully they are enjoying themselves elsewhere.) In an ideal world, people should all have jobs they love to do, but that isn’t reality in many cases; however, in the case of gaming, one is free to just play whatever you really enjoy.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Tbh if you play 8 hours and get only 4 rares, you’re unlucky

fixed it for you

No. Just no. If you get 1 rare per 2 hours of playing it’s your own fault entirely. It has absolutely nothing to do with luck.

Learn to tag mobs.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You can also feel that you will never be complete in 2 months and a half, people started to have Legendary. I have been working on my way since the very begining, and i’m like at 30% of it still scared about, Lodestones And Precursor ($$$$$$$$). From myself, I can says that this game is Very demanding and Overwhelming.

Last I checked Legendaries were optional and the game was advertised as “getting the stats you want easily, then having to grind for better skins”. Getting stats is ridiculously easy in this game anyway, so what we are left with is some Legendary or Mystic Forge weapon that costs too much. Is not getting the skin you want so big of a deal that someone quit over it?

You are talking about all those “bugs” yet I’m always moving around zones instead of just farming a place and see those “bugs” very rarely, if ever some zones are completely clean and have zero issues…

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

The game became Grindy because there isn’t much to do at endgame unless grind for better gear.

Then, it’s sad to see that I played other MMO’s for years and didn’t get bored. This one in a few months got me bored…

WHAT’S WRONG? That’s a question ArenaNet should go into for give a future for this game.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

It’s probably a case of the straw that broke the camels back, probably brought on by burning out on the content that’s available due to it’s un-rewarding nature, and lack of diversity as far as gameplay goes. Rather than any single bug or percived stupidness.

Having mini-games would be a good thing to add at somepoint, so there are in game distractions from us not grinding/ having the game turn into a grind becuase just as you thought you’d crack if you saw another junk item, nothing drops for the next two legs of an Orr DE…

Never mind feeling like you now have to login to do dailys to get your laurels, that you actualy have to go out of your way to complete. Salvaging? Mining? Underwater combat? Healing (you’d think WvW would be the place for this, but you’d be supprised..)… Where’s the do an /emote at 10 people in LA, or go afk for 5 minutes, click on the top valued items on the tp or even, drink an ale?

Funny how I was expecting a Guild Wars – San Andreas type feel, and we’re getting what amounts to a few steps up from painted figurines and a hand full of die (that doesn’t always work how we thought it should, or did before the last patch).

Sad but understandable.
(I’m sure this sounds harsher than it’s ment to…)

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

It seems pretty evident to me that your friends were simply bored of one game and wanted something new so they bandwagoned on the train of un-argumented generic list of reasons people feel the need to spam before they leave so that they have the feeling it’s not simply normal, healthy, being bored of playing the exact same game but it’s someone else’s fault.

You got 1500 hours of entertainment out of 60 bucks, and you still aren’t done getting free, new content.
I think we’re sitting on a good deal here. Nothing lasts forever.

Red Falcon.8257

The game became Grindy because there isn’t much to do at endgame unless grind for better gear.

Then, it’s sad to see that I played other MMO’s for years and didn’t get bored. This one in a few months got me bored…

WHAT’S WRONG? That’s a question ArenaNet should go into for give a future for this game.

There are many games people play for years and I get bored in a week.
Doesn’t make the game faulty just not the game for me.
The fact you state your endgame would be grinding for better gear or the game has no endgame is a very clear indicator that GW2 is definitely not the game for you.

I’m not sure why people don’t read about games before buying them and expect things that are not supposed to be in.
It’s like wanting a bike but buying a car, and then complain it’s running on 4 wheels.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

If someone does something for 1500 hours and much of that wasn’t fun, one has to ask WHY did they do it then?

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I’m not sure why people don’t read about games before buying them and expect things that are not supposed to be in.
It’s like wanting a bike but buying a car, and then complain it’s running on 4 wheels.

Where are they going to read up on a game?

Forums, like this?

The antithesis of places where cool, well-rounded debates take place on the merits of the game which would allow someone looking for insights into it to form an opinion of whether it’s ‘for them’.

Review sites?

Where reviews are often based on a bare few hours play of a pre-release beta .. because God know ‘exclusive early reviews’ are more important that those based on facts and in depth play .. and the score given is sometimes pulled out of the reviewer’s … you know where: and I won’t mention the several notorious cases of game reviewers/site being bought and paid for by the developer concerned.

Moreover, games aren’t like cars.

Firstly, a game is highly subjective, a car is largely fact-based. One man’s ‘intolerable grind’ for example is another’s ‘farming’ which is viewed possibly as enjoyable (I do that at times) or at the very least something which is tolerable given the rewards for doing so; thus reading that the end-game is “one huge grind for a legendary” per se tells the reader nothing about it to let them judge if they’re likely for fall into the first camp or the second in how they view it.

Secondly, game change over time, for many players .. including an on-line friend of mine who played GW for many year and loved GW2 on release .. November 15 marked a fundamental and for them utterly unacceptable change in the game’s philosophy and became “pay to win” (in their eyes).

So, while I agree with the principle you’re propounding, pre-purchase research of an MMO is largely futile, had someone done that on 12th November, the game they got to play was significantly different in some crucial respects than that they had researched: and that wasn’t a one-off event.

(edited by Kraggy.4169)

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

1. Sunrise or Twilight do NOT count as Legendary, did you expect this?
Time spent on getting a Legendary that is not Legendary

So you’re upset that you missed out of a few Achievement Points and a virtual gold star? Sunrise and Twilight are now somehow devalued because teacher didn’t give you a smiley face sticker on your report card? You guys NEVER cease to amaze me.

Edit: There is NOTHING casual about playing a game, any game, six to eight hours a week. And with that much time spent doing ANYTHING, you’re bound to burn out and lose interest sooner than later.

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

The game is so repetitive right now. Im not even sure if the next patch would make things more interesting sigh.

Ded gaem

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

6 – 8 hours a day is not casual. I play 2 hours tops – that is casual.

My guild has dwindled as well, going from 25 members to 4 members… we have a 5th we ask to come along for dungeons just so we can actually take part in some end game content.

I agree with some of what you are saying… i’m certainly not bored. I would like a legendary and have tried saving, but the loadstones are just not coming… i have about 1 – 2 loadstones of each variety. Kind of pointless saving all my other mats for this weapon if i’m not going to be able to get a pre-cursor or loadstones.

A-net really need to address drops in this game and they need to remove DR. I just went through a whole HoTW path and got nothing but blue weapons and the obligatory tokens… not even a green weapon – seriously?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

darkace.8925

The game is so repetitive right now. Im not even sure if the next patch would make things more interesting sigh.

What, exactly, is it you want to see added? If leveling an alt in PvE, grinding dungeons for gear, farming for money, competing in PvP, running in WvW, or simply playing the game for the gameplay isn’t enough to keep your attention, what would? Without knowing anything about you, I’d wager the answer is “nothing”.

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

What, exactly, is it you want to see added? If leveling an alt in PvE, grinding dungeons for gear, farming for money, competing in PvP, running in WvW, or simply playing the game for the gameplay isn’t enough to keep your attention, what would? Without knowing anything about you, I’d wager the answer is “nothing”.

I got 3 level 80’s, done all dungeons and burnt out from WvW. I got sunrise which is not a legendary according to the achievements. So what to do next?

Ded gaem

Posted by: Oatmeal.1895

Oatmeal.1895

Just want to chime in on here, but “casual” is not 6 – 8 hours a day. Casual would be considered 1 – 3 maybe. You’re hardcore buddy.

darkace.8925

My guild has dwindled as well, going from 25 members to 4 members… we have a 5th we ask to come along for dungeons just so we can actually take part in some end game content.

I agree with some of what you are saying… i’m certainly not bored. I would like a legendary and have tried saving, but the loadstones are just not coming… i have about 1 – 2 loadstones of each variety. Kind of pointless saving all my other mats for this weapon if i’m not going to be able to get a pre-cursor or loadstones.

A-net really need to address drops in this game and they need to remove DR. I just went through a whole HoTW path and got nothing but blue weapons and the obligatory tokens… not even a green weapon – seriously?

Disclaimer: I use “you” as a means of addressing the collective community, not specifically Avigrus. I’m just using his post to make a point (hopefully).

What then? Say you’ve got your Legendary. Now what? Are you going to enjoy the game any more once your weapon has flashy particle effects?

If the answer is “no”, then your pursuit of a Legendary is a waste of time; obtaining one won’t magically make the game interesting. If the answer is “yes”, then you’ve got a whole other set of problems that would probably be best addressed by finding something more fulfilling in real life into which you can pour your free time.

Post after post in thread after thread speaks to what a problem the task of obtaining a Legendary weapon is. I GUARANTEE that if they’re made easier to obtain, you’re going to have an equal number of posts and threads of how there’s nothing to do once you reach the level cap.

Short attention spans are short. If the only reason you log into the game is because you simply MUST have a weapon with particle effects, then save yourself the time and go ahead and quit now. Why delay the inevitable?

You’re just going to be bored again after catching that carrot? Or you’re going to complain about a lack of carrot until they give you another one to chase. Then you’re going to complain about how hard it is to catch the new carrot and about how much you hate grinding for gear. Repeat ad nauseum until the day you either quit, or you learn to enjoy video games for their gameplay and stop playing the ones featuring gameplay you don’t enjoy.

Red Falcon.8257

Where are they going to read up on a game?

Forums, like this?

The antithesis of places where cool, well-rounded debates take place on the merits of the game which would allow someone looking for insights into it to form an opinion of whether it’s ‘for them’.

Review sites?

Where reviews are often based on a bare few hours play of a pre-release beta .. because God know ‘exclusive early reviews’ are more important that those based on facts and in depth play .. and the score given is sometimes pulled out of the reviewer’s … you know where: and I won’t mention the several notorious cases of game reviewers/site being bought and paid for by the developer concerned.

Moreover, games aren’t like cars.

Firstly, a game is highly subjective, a car is largely fact-based. One man’s ‘intolerable grind’ for example is another’s ‘farming’ which is viewed possibly as enjoyable (I do that at times) or at the very least something which is tolerable given the rewards for doing so; thus reading that the end-game is “one huge grind for a legendary” per se tells the reader nothing about it to let them judge if they’re likely for fall into the first camp or the second in how they view it.

Secondly, game change over time, for many players .. including an on-line friend of mine who played GW for many year and loved GW2 on release .. November 15 marked a fundamental and for them utterly unacceptable change in the game’s philosophy and became “pay to win” (in their eyes).

So, while I agree with the principle you’re propounding, pre-purchase research of an MMO is largely futile, had someone done that on 12th November, the game they got to play was significantly different in some crucial respects than that they had researched: and that wasn’t a one-off event.

Any place that describes GW2, clearly states this game is not based on an infinite gear treadmill.

If you write “GW2 endgame” on google you get this as first result: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/
Official Anet description of the endgame, listing all types of endgames and specifying their cosmetic reward nature.
There is no mention of any system of infinite better gearing or any carrot-on-a-stick mechanic, so you cannot expect it to exist in the game.
Even if a couple things changed from the original design it’s nothing that changes how the game plays and its nature.
It’s still all about doing a variety of activity for fun and cosmetic rewards.
It’s like buying WoW and expecting active dodge/self-healing, even though nothing in the game’s description mentions the existance of such features.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

1. Sunrise or Twilight do NOT count as Legendary, did you expect this?
Time spent on getting a Legendary that is not Legendary

So you’re upset that you missed out of a few Achievement Points and a virtual gold star? Sunrise and Twilight are now somehow devalued because teacher didn’t give you a smiley face sticker on your report card? You guys NEVER cease to amaze me.

Edit: There is NOTHING casual about playing a game, any game, six to eight hours a week. And with that much time spent doing ANYTHING, you’re bound to burn out and lose interest sooner than later.

I am not upset about it, but it comes out as a really bad surprise when you discover that it happens after you spent all this time making a Legendary.

The very moment i login, there is already 1 blatant bug right in my face, and that keeps reminding me of the sheer amount of known bugs that i am going to encounter if i decide to play, among the new bugs that i am about to discover.

Then i am just going to report the bugs, add them to my list of known bugs, and the next time i login, i will be reminded that there are even more known bugs.

Discovering the game is fun, discovering bugs is not, whether they affect you positively(harr harr banhammer snowflake exploiters) or negatively(incomplete completed world map).

A usual day in GW2:
1. Wanna work on your Twilight today? No, it does not give the Legendary achievement.
2. Wanna WvW today? No, too many invisible players.
3. Wanna do map completion today? No, that skill point is still bugged.
4. Wanna run AC? No, Detha/Hodgins are going to bug in our faces again.
5. Wanna run Fractals? No, cliffside is going to bug again.
6. Wanna go farm Temples in Orr? No, Grenth temple is broken again.
7. Wanna do daily then? No, the progression bar is bugged(check game bugs section)
8. Fine then, let’s go RP on Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Turtle Dragon.9241)

darkace.8925

I am not upset about it, but it comes out as a really bad surprise when you discover that it happens after you spent all this time making a Legendary.

Fair enough.

The very moment i login, there is already 1 blatant bug right in my face, and that keeps reminding me of the sheer amount of known bugs that i am going to encounter if i decide to play, among the new bugs that i am about to discover.

Then i am just going to report the bugs, add them to my list of known bugs, and the next time i login, i will be reminded that there are even more known bugs.

Discovering the game is fun, discovering bugs is not, whether they affect you positively(harr harr banhammer snowflake exploiters) or negatively(incomplete completed world map).

Bugs are a fact of life when it comes to MMOs. That’s always going to be true. And by MMO standards, this one isn’t all that bad. Sure, there are plenty of bad ones (Temples being forever contested come to mind), but engine runs smoothly and overall there aren’t many bugs that hinder one’s ability to have fun, regardless of what one chooses to do for fun.

Posted by: Nakashi.4076

Nakashi.4076

Hi,

People that are pointing out their problem in here isn’t to offer themself as a punching bag to others but to look out for solutions and answers.Why do I have the feeling that so many people on the forum, instead of helping are trying to show how much more they know about mmo or are doing personal attack on whatever they can ? I have the feeling that posting in here is exposing myself to be bash on. I though that the right feeling to have posting in here should be that we could at last be listen to not laught at. Pls prove me wrong ! It’s very surprising to see that especially when you know that players in the game are usually so friendly and helpful !

Let’s wonder about if it is true about those bugs and all. Then what can be done ? Can we hear from arena net about it ? Are they aware ? Are they caring ? Are they denying ?

So far, I read a lot of people saying the same things on the forum. Didn’t saw any answers from arena net. Maybe I missed it ?

So far, both time I wrote to arena net for problems they answered back very quickly but said to me that nothings were gonna be done for now. So if they said that to me twice by mails for two different reasons I can believe and understand that some others people think that they won’t ever do nothing.

I would appreciate an answer from arena net about that topics pls. Will they investigate this and do something ?

Posted by: Avatar.1923

lets be honest here, the “challenging” endgame is dungeons/wvw/pvp.

farming is bORRing, puts you brain on off.
and going to do low level zones, is a tad too easy.

so indeed, if you re a pve endgame lover… you only have dungeons, and some are not super good (but some are!).

imo, you should start an alt or jump into pvp/wvw.

no pve is gonna hold a maxed out toon forever, for most players.
lets be realistic.

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Same happened to my guild. On release we had 500 members, probably around 200 people online all the time. Now we get around 30 and then about 60 at peak times. Our highest ranked players who already have their legendaries and T3 quit to go play other MMOs because there is a severe lack of good PvE content.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I think the first thing anyone should do is examine why they are having issues.

It doesn’t matter if one is casual, hardcore, or somewhere in between.

If you’re playing a game for the sheer income potential, then you have the highest chance on burning out. Period.

I have a job. I spend 8-12 hours in an office, grinding out that paycheck. I’ve been doing it for 20 years (ok, I’m old…) I don’t play GW2 to “go to work” and earn [X] amount of gold, or to see how many things I can sell at the trader. If I happen to get a rare or exotic, my first thought isn’t “should I salvage for parts in case I get a rare component.”

I play the game because I enjoy the escape. I love hanging out with my friends. Sometimes we do a dungeon, sometimes help with PS, and sometimes we farm for our dailies, or yes, make a speed run so one of my guildies can get what he needs for his new shiny… Lots of times, we simply hang out in LA, and do silly things like dress all our Asuras in pink and dance.

Bugs, yes, I have seen some. Are they game-breaking for me? no. What do I do about them when I see them? I report them. It might be a bug that everybody and their brother has reported, but it might be one that only I manifest.

I do feel for you if you are one of those who have strived to get the “Uber Weapon of Greatness” and find that it’s bugged. Report it, and maybe they’ll fix it. They fixed mine, and I am sure it was one that only I had, as none of my guildies had it. Anet sent me a nice little email and fixed it for me personally.

In fact, you might check on the “known issues” thread and see if your problem is there. They may be working on it, and you just haven’t noticed.

There are some things that I am not happy with as well… such as no real progression or rankings for sPvP or W3… The course of action that I choose is simply to not participate. There are tons of things to keep me busy, even if it’s just hanging with the members of my guild and having stupid conversations about what our cat did last night.

But, what I am really saying is that if the ONLY reason you’re playing GW2 is to get that bugged weapon, then maybe it is time to take a break and think about why you are really playing.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

can i get the tldr version?

My guild is dying. The game is all about dungeons. My guildies quit after getting sick of it.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I have since leveled From Black Citadel to Gendarren Fields, i have seen multiple broken Dynamic Events in every map, could be upwards of 50% of them maybe less, they still have not been fixed…

Class Balance fixes are still insanely out Thieves in wvw still run rampant, warriors in dungeons need no one else and Engineer is still broken kitten (sorry Engi it is) Rangers are ho hum in wvw (i still cannot permanently stow or remove my Pets), Necos are terrible and both their pets still stink etc…

Culling in WvW/PvE issues

Latency issues and Disconnects (not completely Anets fault but still there)

The loot issues in open world, and forced game play of Dungeons and Fotm to gain anything worth using to me is a bug..

Over dependance on the Trading post to get what you need to have fun in the game..

Cash shop items Bugging out and laurels taking months to acquire anything worth using and the ranger pack is bugged..

I have no trouble understanding why the OP’s friends left.

More than 50% of events aren’t bugged, unless your server sucks a whole lot more badly than mine. MAYBE 10% are bugged. Exaggerating doesn’t make you righter.

Part of the problems with forums everywhere is people use hyperbole and exaggerate to make their points and this makes their entire argument circumspect.

Sure there are bugged events, but in no zone are half the events bugged, though in Orr at launch it might have been close.

The problem is you haven’t sat there and counted every zone event and then counted the broken ones.

There are dozens of events in each zone. I doubt more than a dozen of them are broken at any time. In fact, I doubt more than 2 or 3 are broken at any time.

Complaining about something legitimate is fair game. Exaggerating the situation, however, makes people question everything else you’re saying.

I’m on SoS server, go there have a look… i did say might be less but its a lot! seemed like every second Dynamic event was just standing there broken on each map, it was before the last maintenance so it may have been corrected, until they bug again..

Go look before you claim hyperbole..

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

6 to 8 hours a day is not casual. Only someone too young to have responsibilities or who is unemployed can afford to play video games that much every single day of the week. Seriously… 8 hours GW2, 8 hours work, 7 hours nightly sleep… that leaves one hour to eat, hygiene and take care of family, friends, house, car, etc… that just does NOT compute.

My take is that you burned yourself out of the game by playing that much.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

LoL, that is a lot of bugs.. when i started playing there was only 1 bug in my caledon forest.. and it was a skill point on a bridge.. fixed the next week.

Class Balance fixes are still insanely out-snip-

sounds like you havent played necro or engie to me.. but anyway.. the the OP check out the list of bug fixes that came with the 28 JAN 13 patch … it is so long i didnt even want to read it all.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-January-28-2013/first#post1336820

not focusing on big fixes my bum.

I have one of every class and two warriors, that’s nine characters, yes i have a Necro and an Engi…both of which are inferior to other classes..

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

So, to me the heart of the manifesto is:

“Enjoy playing the game, and you won’t have to worry about the rewards.”

I have 5 alts and I’ve done completion in a lot of the early areas on just about all of them. I enjoyed that time as much as or more than any game I’ve played. Sure, I did some of the same things, but I’ve enjoyed it each and every time. I can’t yet put my finger on why, and I’m not sure that I care to do so… But I believe that this game was built in such as way that if you don’t enjoy the actual moment to moment play… If all you’re playing for is bigger and better carrots… You will end up frustrated, disappointed, and disillusioned. However, if you actually enjoy the game play, I think you will be happy with the game for months and years to come.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

What exactly are you expecting? You have WvW, Spvp and all the dungeons you can run. You have orr temples that are being done daily now that orr has been redone. You seem to be use to the treadmill because that’s exactly what every other mmorpg uses. And all you do in them is grind hoping your desired armor piece or weapon drops and when you finally get the whole set you do it all again because it will be obsolete when the next set comes. That’s pretty much it for every other mmo besides EvE.

Some of you are saying that Arena-Net is just adding content instead of fixing what they currently have. What did they just do last month? They completely changed orr and redid the daily and added things to the lower level areas and fixed some bugs. How is that not fixing what they currently have? And there’s more fixes coming on the 28th with more content and tweaks to what is currently available. Why people feel the need to exaggerate things in this thread.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Disclaimer: I use “you” as a means of addressing the collective community, not specifically Avigrus. I’m just using his post to make a point (hopefully).

What then? Say you’ve got your Legendary. Now what? Are you going to enjoy the game any more once your weapon has flashy particle effects?

If the answer is “no”, then your pursuit of a Legendary is a waste of time; obtaining one won’t magically make the game interesting. If the answer is “yes”, then you’ve got a whole other set of problems that would probably be best addressed by finding something more fulfilling in real life into which you can pour your free time.

Post after post in thread after thread speaks to what a problem the task of obtaining a Legendary weapon is. I GUARANTEE that if they’re made easier to obtain, you’re going to have an equal number of posts and threads of how there’s nothing to do once you reach the level cap.

Short attention spans are short. If the only reason you log into the game is because you simply MUST have a weapon with particle effects, then save yourself the time and go ahead and quit now. Why delay the inevitable?

You’re just going to be bored again after catching that carrot? Or you’re going to complain about a lack of carrot until they give you another one to chase. Then you’re going to complain about how hard it is to catch the new carrot and about how much you hate grinding for gear. Repeat ad nauseum until the day you either quit, or you learn to enjoy video games for their gameplay and stop playing the ones featuring gameplay you don’t enjoy.

I’m not bored; I’m not grinding to chase a carrot; I don’t have a short attention span; I don’t play to have a weapon with particle effects.

I understand you’re using my post to make a point, but to clarify, very little of that applies to me.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

6 to 8 hours a day is not casual. Only someone too young to have responsibilities or who is unemployed can afford to play video games that much every single day of the week. Seriously… 8 hours GW2, 8 hours work, 7 hours nightly sleep… that leaves one hour to eat, hygiene and take care of family, friends, house, car, etc… that just does NOT compute.

Agreed. The OP has played a huge amount of hours and still expects the game to deliver more. They don’t seem to realize they are at the far end of the spectrum, they are not at the casual end at all. Giving the OP the benefit that English is not their native language nonetheless they seem to understand something about the meaning of ‘casual’.

The OP is the definition of a dedicated player if not a hardcore one. Doing anything 8 hours a day means you are NOT doing it in a ‘casual’ manner. Heck, if you were practicing basketball or sport for 8 hours a day you’d be at the level of a professional. You could just be logging onto GW2 to do role-playing and if you’re doing that for 8 hours you are not casual.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Class Balance fixes are still insanely out Thieves in wvw still run rampant, warriors in dungeons need no one else and Engineer is still broken kitten (sorry Engi it is) Rangers are ho hum in wvw (i still cannot permanently stow or remove my Pets), Necos are terrible and both their pets still stink etc…

Culling in WvW/PvE issues

Latency issues and Disconnects (not completely Anets fault but still there)

The loot issues in open world, and forced game play of Dungeons and Fotm to gain anything worth using to me is a bug..

Over dependance on the Trading post to get what you need to have fun in the game..

Cash shop items Bugging out and laurels taking months to acquire anything worth using and the ranger pack is bugged..

I have no trouble understanding why the OP’s friends left.

The fact that ANY events are broken is pathetic. The game has been out long enough to fix the content currently in the game. The only people bashing the OP are fanbois and people that are willing to accept mediocrity.

Just about everyone I play with is on the fence about staying/leaving as well. It’s a very unrewarding time sink that has become much less fun week after week.

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Agreed. The OP has played a huge amount of hours and still expects the game to deliver more. They don’t seem to realize they are at the far end of the spectrum, they are not at the casual end at all. Giving the OP the benefit that English is not their native language nonetheless they seem to understand something about the meaning of ‘casual’.

The OP is the definition of a dedicated player if not a hardcore one. Doing anything 8 hours a day means you are NOT doing it in a ‘casual’ manner. Heck, if you were practicing basketball or sport for 8 hours a day you’d be at the level of a professional. You could just be logging onto GW2 to do role-playing and if you’re doing that for 8 hours you are not casual.

I totally agree with what you’re saying, but based on comments I’ve seen made, I also think I know what the “opposition” response is:

I’ve gotten 4500 hours worth of play at the same rate from other MMOs, before I got tired of them/burnt out. GW2 isn’t good enough, if I don’t get the same experience.

In the end though, I think those are people who enjoyed the game play in those MMOs more, perhaps. Or they are used to a concentrated style of consumption. GW1 and GW2 both were never really meant for concentrated consumption in my mind.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

more than 15 real life friends already quit the game… I’ve seen this pattern so many times in the past… AoC, Warhammer Online, Aion,.. I just hope this game doesn’t fall in the same boat.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

@the op, sorry your friends left. i can imagine that feels realy bad.

i dont experience many bugs, but i dont play much. only 1 or 2 hours a day, and
lately i dont play more then maybe 5 hours a week.

I used to be a gw1 addict. played it for like 5 years straight for at least 4 hours a day.
I loved that game.

I dont have the same feeling when playing gw2, but i cant lay my finger on why not.
I dont think its a bad game, i just dont find it as atractive to play.

I still play it and still enjoy myself, but it did not put the hook in me like gw1 did.

just my 2 cents.

edit:

about not being a wow or other mmo clone people keep talking about,
i dare to disagree. Flame me if you want
I think the gear is very much like other mmo’s

several tiers or armor and weapons with all kinds of stats on it, its just like
that other mmo i played, and it wasnt wow lol.

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

(edited by innocens.1582)

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The game is what you make of it. If you feel the game is very overwhelming and demanding, well then stop playing 6-8 hours a day! You’re talking like the game is forcing you to play.

It’s funny that you say gameplay is the key to success. People don’t grow bored of Guild Wars 2 because it has bad gameplay, they grow bored of it because it’s not like every other WoW clone out there. In other MMOs, it takes a stupidly long time to level up, and after that you have this endless quest to get the best gear in the game, plus repetitive content like raids. All of this is made to always give you something to earn, like a dog barking for a treat, while drawing out the time you have to spend in the game. What Guild Wars 2 does, is remove most of this grind, repetitiveness, and time waste, and replace it with gameplay and story. So basically, if all you play MMOs for is gear and grind, then you will grow bored of Guild Wars 2 a lot quicker then with other MMOs. If gameplay was enough, you’re friends wouldn’t be leaving, because the gameplay in Guild Wars 2 is a ton of fun.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Would you watch one of those movies for 1500 hours?

Is it Blazing Saddles, UHF, or Spaceballs?

Because adding those three movies up I might have done that many hours.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!