My Wishlist for a perfect Tyria

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Ever GW2 was announced it was in the making I had a hope for a perfect Tyria. I remember I joined GW2 guru in 2009 just to keep up with the small info we were getting then and so many guys were hyped. I even remember when Beta sign-ups started I wanted to play it soo badly. And not to mention when I first got into the game. Wow, just Wow. I knew from that day this game will be my last MMO I plan on investing time and money in. Being a RPG and mostly PvEr, I was stunned by how awesome Tyria was and the potential it had! From the beautiful scenery with almost free exploration (I still hate your invisible walls ANet :P), the dynamic event system, underwater exploration and combat* (Yes I bolded this because I still thing this is a great part of the world, Pve-wise at least), character customization and movement. Coming from someone who hates monotony, GW2 was all but monotonous during the first year. Coming closer to our 2nd year together, I must write this wishlist to put it out there as a trace of existence that someone still cares enough to speak up. After this `brief` intro here’s my wishlist that I hope you guys at ANet could consider adding so that Tyria can be a truly living place. I’ve even included some controversial topic just because I think it would work. At the time of writing this I do not know if I’ll be editing my Wishlist once people start throwing their own, but for now consider this a well thought list of improvement.

1. Mounts – The idea of a mount in a game is to give a lone player some companion on his adventures. You can jump with them, even select a different one for underwater (remove those Water Speed boosters for Dwayna’s sake!). Mounts tend to run faster then Tyrians so they’d have a permanent 33%/50% speed buff. You can have it to follow you around but it can’t get killed. If you’re riding and get in combat you would automatically unmount. You can’t mount in combat. Have Race-specific mounts so there won’t be any clipping issues, position issues and whatnot.

2. Open world housing market – have different housing lots around Tyria where you can buy your lot and enjoy the scenery. Sorry but instanced houses just don’t make it alive.

3. Open world dragon encounters and destruction.
Make Dragons more Living and Destructive. What’s wrong in having a Dragon fly over e.g. Queensdale, burn a few Houses and people, peasants come and attack it and its up to you to push the dragon away and he’s never to return again to that place. Or at least dragon minions. Just like at The Grove. The word will spread out there’s a Dragon attack happening at XX place.

4. Open world Hunger Royale events spawning at random times and places. The word will spread out fast.

5. Introduce all 6 God realms as 10-man elite dungeons/zones.
We already saw UW and FoW and DoA, but in the end we should be able to enter all 6 of the domains.

6. Living Story heading to Mursaat Lands (we got infused), Charr Homeland, Deldrimor Front, Woodland Cascades, Far Shiverpeaks, Rings of Fire.

7. Make Living Story leading to a new Continent. (Expansion)
We all want major content releases with a bunch of new skills, new weapons, higher level cap (we are getting stronger after all with ll the dragon magic releasing back to Tyria), new races and new threats. LS is cool and all but we want to feel the rush again, when starting in a new place with new plots. Dragons can’t possibly be the only thing happening in Tyria(The World).
Here’s an idea, have a LS/PS going towards Kralkatorrik and if we successfully beat him/drive him away we get an open path to Elona. IF we conquer the sea and deal with Deep Sea Dragon we got an open naval path to Shing Jea and Cantha.

8.* Please give some love to PvPers. Give them GvG’s and Hall of Heroes. You had a huge popularity hit with these modes and they should be brought back. Alliance Battles a.k.a. sPvP stuff were more popular with PvErs when we wanted a Town for our Guild. These are some hits GW1 had and should be brought back because, if anything, bringing back popular GW1 stuff (Tormented/Chaos) also were hits in GW2.

That’s it so far. Hope one day I get to see Tyria in it’s full potentian, dragon-free with new political plots happening across the Sea!

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

(edited by Nabuko Darayon.9645)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I have no right or intention to convince you about saying no to mounts, however the majority of players think it is a bad idea. It’s your wishlist, none shall tell you not to wish this and that.

You’ve included 2 things that i’d mention in my wishlist as well, those are the Realms of the Gods with increased party size, and the pvp game modes.

If only those will be added to the game, i’ll never have to look for new games anymore.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Mounts

No.

Open world housing market – have different housing lots around Tyria where you can buy your lot and enjoy the scenery. Sorry but instanced houses just don’t make it alive.

What is the point? GW2 is a fantasy MMORPG, not a sandbox real-estate home decorating sim. This feature is not remotely related to anything going on in this game. I know Minecraft, Terraria, and the like are popular right now, but that does not mean these mechanics need to be shoehorned into every game. And what’s more, GW2 does not have any engine in place to allow such a thing.

3. Open world dragon encounters and destruction. Make Dragons more Living and Destructive. What’s wrong in having a Dragon fly over e.g. Queensdale, burn a few Houses and people, peasants come and attack it and its up to you to push the dragon away. Or at least dragon minions. Just like at The Grove. The word will spread out there’s a Dragon attack happening at XX place.

You are basically describing the concept of Dynamic Events, which there are a ton of in this game. It sounds like your suggestion is just to make everything about dragons.

Open world Hunger Royale events spawning at random times and places. The word will spread out fast.

What is wrong with it taking place in instanced environments? Why would it make the game better, to have mini-games randomly spawning all over open-world maps?

Introduce all 6 God realms as 10-man dungeons/zones.

This is utterly delusional, for three main reasons:
1) At the rate we get new dungeons at all, asking for SIX of them is hilarious.
2) Asking for those dungeons to be 10-man, when party size has always been 5
3) As if the human gods need to be the center of attention for all races. What does this even have to do with the main story right now?

Living Story heading to Mursaat Lands (we got infused), Charr Homeland, Deldrimor Front, Woodland Cascades, Far Shiverpeaks, Rings of Fire…

Give them GvG’s and Hall of Heroes. You had a huge popularity hit with these modes and they should be brought back…

These are some hits GW1 had and should be brought back…

bringing back popular GW1 stuff…

Hope one day I get to see Tyria in it’s full potentian, dragon-free with new political plots happening across the Sea!

GW1 sounds like it had some cool stuff in it, but I am getting really tired of people who seem to have no interest in GW2 at all and just want to play GW1 again. It just sounds like you want to derail the current story, visit each and every zone GW1 had again, and just go through the motions you did last time.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I have no right or intention to convince you about saying no to mounts, however the majority of players think it is a bad idea. It’s your wishlist, none shall tell you not to wish this and that.

I wouldn’t call “majority” to the forums’ vocal minority that is willing to defend everything that Anet says.

Mounts are an extremely popular feature in the genre, and there’s a reason for that. Mounts have been requested over and over in these forums, and there’s a reason for that too.

I’m not defending mounts or anything, but I fail to see what’s so bad about them.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Well done OP.

If this is what GW2 looks like in 7 years I’ll definitely be playing more then.

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

OMG! Can you imagine open world housing! Lets put 3 million + houses all over Tyria, and while we’re at it, lets add the 300,000+ guild halls to the landscape.

We can have guild vs guild home decorating contests….he look at that beautiful waterfall….too bad there are homes all over it / in it / under it.

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

…1. Mounts…

No.

Attachments:

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

HUMAN gods…

Guess I can’t complain, I have an entire personal storyline devoted (not quite entirely) to my race… and I’m not a treeman.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

1. Mounts

• This one for me is a no, but you are entitled to want it. I just feel we don’t need them.

2. Open world housing market

• Definitely something they could look into in the future, but also definitely not currently a priority. Think the core game needs some improvement before they put their time and effort into this.

3. Open world encounters and destruction

• This is something they appeared to promise us before the game was launched. Their living world didn’t seem to pan out like I expected. I would like to see a drive towards your idea here. Just keep it minimal, don’t over do it. Have a few new ‘big’ destructive encounters.

4. Hungar Royale

• Idk what that means. -shot-

5. Introduce all 6 God realms as 10-man dungeons/zones.

• I’ll just talk about this in the idea of elite content and bigger party content. I would so love to see this. I understand this would take a lot of work and it would have to be done right. But they don’t have a dungeon team right now, so I worry for this.

6. LS to said locations

• It will all happen. The whole world will be explored eventually. Just a matter of how quickly we will get there.

• Same as above regarding to getting to new continent. Whether it will come as a paid expansion, I don’t know. I don’t see why they would do this when they could just introduce it like they are doing with the LS. Not that I wouldn’t like it in expansion form, but I don’t see this being the top choice in Anet’s head.

8. GvG etc

• Something else that could be a great addition to the game but doesn’t feel like priority. Also, idk where people get the statistics from that GvG was a popular GW1 activity. I never participated in it with my guilds in 6 years.
| Lithia |

Esplen.3940

We’re getting a new Zone (similar to Continent without the sea to differentiate them, heck, technically Kryta and Elona are on the same Continent since there’s no sea to separate them other than the… sea of desert?). I hope we can get more zones to this area (it’s the Maguuma Wastes and we have one map in it).

Heck, there’s still that unused Asura Gate in Brisban Wildlands that has no use.

Posted by: tzvikenbov.1062

tzvikenbov.1062

The mounts idea is very cool although I don’t see how it could work when there’s so many way points. Last week I read a post that suggested to ruin most of the WP through multiple events and then update with adding mounts.
On the other hand people love to see their character running around tyria and the equipment looks kinda awesome on movement.

If I can just add or suggest something is cape or some guild acknowledgments. I mean the game’s title is GUILD WARS 2. And all I feel is Dragon Wars. Maybe adding capes or something that will show everyone how cool your guild is. Moreover adding guild halls is also something that need to be taken seriously. I understand that the main point of not adding the guild halls is that the majority of players won’t dissappear in their own realms.
Again, this is GUILD wars and it must have something unique.

About gour post, I think you make a good point and suggested great ideas, I hope you will get an answer by someone formal so we could see more of the future of gw2.

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Well done OP.

lol I didn’t mean in 7 years, the title was long so I ahd to shorten it somehow. It was 7 years and going… like it was 7 years since GW2 was announced

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Well done OP.

lol I didn’t mean in 7 years, the title was long so I ahd to shorten it somehow. It was 7 years and going… like it was 7 years since GW2 was announced

lol.

Well to be fair I’d assume it would take Anet about that long to produce content on the scale you described. But yes, the sooner the better. :p

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Well done OP.

lol.

Well to be fair I’d assume it would take Anet about that long to produce content on the scale you described. But yes, the sooner the better. :p

I still have hope they’d speed up now that the experiment called GW2 is successful.

Esplen.3940

In their minds…

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

That is a load of crap, this is not congress, neither you nor the zealous babbit below you is an elected representative of the playerbase. The forums represent a specific (and infinitesimally tiny) demographic among the many which make up the playerbase, and are in no way representative of the game as a whole.

Second, I’ll legitimately ask it as I have in a dozen other threads.

Why are mounts a bad idea for GW2?

Thus far hundreds of player have answered, and not one has made any legitimate case. Because the real answer is that the majority who disagree will follow whatever opinion they perceive to be popular, without any thoughts of their own on the subject.

…1. Mounts…

No.

For cripes sakes look at the guy. He’s about the 20th person I’ve counted on these forums who thinks he’s the most clever being to ever walk the earth, just for spamming that on every page, of every thread, where mounts are even mentioned.

EDIT: Posting history, that isn’t even the first time he’s spammed it TODAY ALONE. There was one who had more than fifteen of his most recent posts spamming that gif. Grow some originality and individual thought.

Attachments:

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

1. Mounts – The idea of a mount in a game is to give a lone play some companion on his adventures. You can jump with them, even bring select a different for underwater (remove those Water Speed boosters for Dwayna’s sake!). Mounts tend to run faster then Tyrias so they’d have a permanent 33% speed buff. You can have it to follow you around but it will not interact with anything. If your riding and get in combat you would automatically unmount. You can’t mount in combat. Have Race-specific mounts so there won’t be any clipping issues, position issues and whatnot.

Mounts are not in lore and would be too hard to put in – so I feel it is a NO. Also there were no mounts in GW1 either.

2. Open world housing market – have different housing lots around Tyria where you can buy your lot and enjoy the scenery. Sorry but instanced houses just don’t make it alive.

No – this is dumb. This is not ArcheAge. You already have a personal instance. If you want a house, it will be there.

Make Dragons more Living and Destructive. What’s wrong in having a Dragon fly over e.g. Queensdale, burn a few Houses and people, peasants come and attack it and its up to you to push the dragon away. Or at least dragon minions. Just like at The Grove. The word will spread out there’s a Dragon attack happening at XX place.

What is Tequatl, Claw of Jormag, etc? They are open world bosses already.

4. Open world Hunger Royale events spawning at random times and places. The word will spread out fast.

We have Open World events already – what is wrong with them?

We already saw UW and FoW and DoA, but in the end we should be able to enter all 6 of the domains.

The Gods left the world. Read the lore and that is why the Dragons have ascended. The Gods will come back when the Dragons are killed off

6. Living Story heading to Mursaat Lands (we got infused), Charr Homeland, Deldrimor Front, Woodland Cascades, Far Shiverpeaks, Rings of Fire.

AHH – we are fighting Dragons. Mordremorth is next. Then it sounds like the Crystal Desert will be next after that. Read and listen to the LS2 storyline.

We all want major content releases with a bunch of new skills, new weapons, higher level cap (we are getting stronger after all with ll the dragon magic releasing back to Tyria), new races and new threats. LS is cool and all but we want to feel the rush again, when starting in a new place with new plots. Dragons can’t possibly be the only thing happening in Tyria(The World).
Here’s an idea, have a LS/PS going towards Kralkatorrik and if we successfully beat him/drive him away we get an open path to Elona. IF we conquer the sea and deal with Deep Sea Dragon we got an open naval path to Shing Jea and Cantha.

Kralkatorrik is in the Crystal Desert and we are going there. Cantha WILL NOT BE OPNE UNTIL THE DRAGONS ARE GONE – AGAIN LORE!!

8. Please give some love to PvPers. Give them GvG’s and Hall of Heroes. You had a huge popularity hit with these modes and they should be brought back. Alliance Battles a.k.a. sPvP stuff were more popular with PvErs when we wanted a Town for our Guild. These are some hits GW1 had and should be brought back because, if anything, bringing back popular GW1 stuff (Tormented/Chaos) also were hits in GW2.

HoH is gone because the Gods are gone. You can already PvP – so get over it.

This game is not GW1. If you want GW1 it is still there and will survive as long as GW2 is going. Nothing you have posted is reasonable or involved with the storylines that A.Net has postulated in GW2 or in the novels.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

mounts are just…annoying. Annoying to look at, annoying to see arround and distracting like all hell if arround. Specially a-net shouldnt do mounts.. its already hard enough to not get drowned in particle effects (or even finding nice things that dont take it too far with them). Want a speed boost? Trait for it, use skills for it, use boosters whatever (isnt like you cant go fast enough without em). Want to ride arround on something and run every minute in a guy who got the very same mount (beeing the last one released cause a-net would realise how easy it is to sell 6 different horse colours or whatever)? Buy a broom or a drill for 400 gems or whatever they cost now and pretend its a mount. Id rather have a-net focus on equal armor quality for all races\weight classes\genders before they even think about mounts of any sort.
Still want a mount? Go play wow…

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

My wish list is incredibly smaller and more fitting:

1) DPS Staff option for mesmer
2) Better necromancer minions
3) A medium armorset inspired by Saidra

Those would just about satisfy me.

Conncept.7638

mounts are just…annoying. Annoying to look at, annoying to see arround and distracting like all hell if arround. Specially a-net shouldnt do mounts.. its already hard enough to not get drowned in particle effects (or even finding nice things that dont take it too far with them). Want a speed boost? Trait for it, use skills for it, use boosters whatever (isnt like you cant go fast enough without em). Want to ride arround on something and run every minute in a guy who got the very same mount (beeing the last one released cause a-net would realise how easy it is to sell 6 different horse colours or whatever)? Buy a broom or a drill for 400 gems or whatever they cost now and pretend its a mount. Id rather have a-net focus on equal armor quality for all races\weight classes\genders before they even think about mounts of any sort.

Ask for legitimate, mature, intelligent reasoning.

Response: “They’re just… annoying.”

Pretty much what I’ve come to expect. You gave two reasons why they aren’t necessary, entirely legitimate, except that this is a game and none of it is necessary. Were that a legitimate reason for anything, no content would have been added beyond release, because that was all that was required to play the game. The remainder is your personal preference, poor excuses, and barely legible drivel.

1. Mounts are not… particle effects… why do I even need to say that? Isn’t that obvious? How could that not be obvious? It is also, a completely different issue. Should mounts also not be added because there are starving children in africa?

2. It is a completely baseless assumption that they would be nothing but a speedboost, you have no idea how ANet would implement a mount system, even whether mounts would provide a speedboost at all.

4. It is also a baseless assumption that players who would like mounts only would for looks or prestige.

5. I would also prefer they work on cosmetics, and consider them more important. But again, a completely different issue. There is more than one development project being worked on at any time.

6. Telling someone to leave the game on the forums because you don’t agree with them is a punishable offense.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Ask for legitimate, mature, intelligent reasoning.

Response: “They’re just… annoying.”

Pretty much what I’ve come to expect. You gave two reasons why they aren’t necessary, entirely legitimate, except that this is a game and none of it is necessary. Were that a legitimate reason for anything, no content would have been added beyond release, because that was all that was required to play the game. The remainder is your personal preference, poor excuses, and barely legible drivel.

1. Mounts are not… particle effects… why do I even need to say that? Isn’t that obvious? How could that not be obvious? It is also, a completely different issue. Should mounts also not be added because there are starving children in africa?

2. It is a completely baseless assumption that they would be nothing but a speedboost, you have no idea how ANet would implement a mount system, even whether mounts would provide a speedboost at all.

4. It is also a baseless assumption that players who would like mounts only would for looks or prestige.

5. I would also prefer they work on cosmetics, and consider them more important. But again, a completely different issue. There is more than one development project being worked on at any time.

6. Telling someone to leave the game on the forums because you don’t agree with them is a punishable offense.

1: saw the “dominant style” a-net goes with armors and weapons? Particle effects everywhere = more lag, means mounts wouldnt be usefull in wvw cause ppl would lag out all the time what leads to point 2…

2: pve maps are too small for a need for them, you got waypoints all few feet and pvp got no use for them either

4: then what is it… like i said maps are too small and wp system is present aswell speed boosts, traits and skills for every class

5: it isnt, the time that would go into mounts they could fix the visuals cause to mesh\texture mounts takes prolly more time then to fix issues on present armors (specially gem store armors to make them equally as good for all races and genders cause ppl paid extra for it)

6: where did i do that.. just said go play wow if you cant deal with the lack of mounts thats all

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Okay, giving this a read and here are my thoughts:

1. Mounts – The idea of a mount in a game is to give a lone play some companion on his adventures. You can jump with them, even bring select a different for underwater (remove those Water Speed boosters for Dwayna’s sake!). Mounts tend to run faster then Tyrias so they’d have a permanent 33% speed buff. You can have it to follow you around but it will not interact with anything. If your riding and get in combat you would automatically unmount. You can’t mount in combat. Have Race-specific mounts so there won’t be any clipping issues, position issues and whatnot.

Response: I won’t have a problem with mounts as long as they are purely cosmetic like the broomstick. I always wanted a Dolyak to ride on.

Response: That is the main problem with what is supposedly your “home” for your character. I like this idea to be honest but I’d like to wager that in reality it would mean modifying the environment completely to make that happen or providing a whole new area in Tyria that would act as the housing district.

Make Dragons more Living and Destructive. What’s wrong in having a Dragon fly over e.g. Queensdale, burn a few Houses and people, peasants come and attack it and its up to you to push the dragon away. Or at least dragon minions. Just like at The Grove. The word will spread out there’s a Dragon attack happening at XX place.

8.* Please give some love to PvPers. Give them GvG’s and Hall of Heroes. You had a huge popularity hit with these modes and they should be brought back. Alliance Battles a.k.a. sPvP stuff were more popular with PvErs when we wanted a Town for our Guild. These are some hits GW1 had and should be brought back because, if anything, bringing back popular GW1 stuff (Tormented/Chaos) also were hits in GW2.

Response: I always wanted a proper guild hall for the sake of effectively socializing with other players toon-to-toon as opposed to just relying on guildchat. Makes it more social that way.

Honestly, I like the feedback you have and while I can’t guarantee this will happen overtime, I hope this at least gets taken into consideration for future updates.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Malkavian.4516

Mounts are not in lore and would be too hard to put in – so I feel it is a NO. Also there were no mounts in GW1 either.

No – this is dumb. This is not ArcheAge. You already have a personal instance. If you want a house, it will be there.

The Gods left the world. Read the lore and that is why the Dragons have ascended. The Gods will come back when the Dragons are killed off

AHH – we are fighting Dragons. Mordremorth is next. Then it sounds like the Crystal Desert will be next after that. Read and listen to the LS2 storyline.

Kralkatorrik is in the Crystal Desert and we are going there. Cantha WILL NOT BE OPNE UNTIL THE DRAGONS ARE GONE – AGAIN LORE!!

8. Please give some love to PvPers. Give them GvG’s and Hall of Heroes. You had a huge popularity hit with these modes and they should be brought back. Alliance Battles a.k.a. sPvP stuff were more popular with PvErs when we wanted a Town for our Guild. These are some hits GW1 had and should be brought back because, if anything, bringing back popular GW1 stuff (Tormented/Chaos) also were hits in GW2.

This game is not GW1. If you want GW1 it is still there and will survive as long as GW2 is going. Nothing you have posted is reasonable or involved with the storylines that A.Net has postulated in GW2 or in the novels.

Wow, man. That’s…surprisingly rude for a response. Basically telling the guy who has really provided some solid (if not perfect) feedback and just basically telling him: “It won’t happen. Eat what’s on your plate or GTFO”

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Hi OP, while I’m generally pro mount and not against most of what you said, I do take an issue with open world housing, for a lot of reasons.

First of all the world is beautiful. It wont’ be as beautiful once people start building in it. If there are a limited number of houses, getting the one you want will be a major problem. With mega servers it’s even worse, since your house would have to be on every server. Remember, servers are created spontaneously as they’re needed So if you have a house, it has to be part of all servers. That means 25 zones, types a max of 150 players.

3750 players get houses. Less if there are no houses in Orr, which there shouldn’t be.

There’s no good way to introduce open world housing in a game with small server population caps.

Malkavian.4516

Hi OP, while I’m generally pro mount and not against most of what you said, I do take an issue with open world housing, for a lot of reasons.

First of all the world is beautiful. It wont’ be as beautiful once people start building in it. If there are a limited number of houses, getting the one you want will be a major problem. With mega servers it’s even worse, since your house would have to be on every server. Remember, servers are created spontaneously as they’re needed So if you have a house, it has to be part of all servers. That means 25 zones, types a max of 150 players.

3750 players get houses. Less if there are no houses in Orr, which there shouldn’t be.

There’s no good way to introduce open world housing in a game with small server population caps.

I’d propose modifying the home instance making the place fully customizable, at least add in an additional building that will act as your house and just add in the doodads you want.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It sounds interesting, but it would likely be only perfect for you and a headache for the rest of the players who have their own opinion of what a “perfect Tyria” is.

It’s also less about Tyria being perfected and more about the game being perfected in your eyes. Tyria’s fine the way it is.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Vayne.8563

I’d propose modifying the home instance making the place fully customizable, at least add in an additional building that will act as your house and just add in the doodads you want.

This is definitely more along the lines of what I had in mind.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I won’t get into the mount Dicussion here, because its absolutely pointless to discuss this with the opposition here, as any discussin with them will alwys lead only into thread closings, so its best to completely ignore them, like they ignore everything too.

So I want just to describe a few things here, which would make just Tyria “perfect” for me personally as a top 10 list of notes from Top to Down in the priority for me:
(1 = Top Priority, 10 = Lowest Priority)

• 1) Improvements of Character Progression (Sub Classes, Trait System Redesign to Traits, Talents, Expertises, Adding of more new Weapons and existing Weapons, Visual Skill Individualization, Adding of Ascended Runes/Sigils, Legendary Armors/Accessoires, Redesign of other Accessoires Types like Medaillons, Talismans to new different Accessoires with unique effects)
  • 2) WvW Improvements (Adding Class Specific WvW Skill Trees, Improving WvW Rewards with somethign WvW Unique for Badges of Honor, Including the EotM Improvements to all other Maps, Redesigning the Borderlands to 3 different Maps or merging them to 1 huge Map and add some new Maps, Increase the existign WvW Skill lines to have also all 10 Perks, so that all those that are over Rank 1315 have something where they can progress with their Rank Points, Add WvW Skill Lines, that improve the Defense Gameplay, make Defense in WvW alot more rewarding and the only Way in WvW to gain Karma to stop the Karma Train Plague
  • 3) PvP Improvements (Add more Gameplay Modes, like Last Man Standing (All vs all PvP), Codex Mode(Pregiven Build/Class PvP, The Arena (for 1v1,2v2,3v3 Duels). Seperate PvP Skill Balancing, all Skills will have their own PvP-Version, so that Balance Changes there stop affecting PvE/WvW automatically too.)
  • 4) Guild Improvements (Adding of GvG (like Mini WvW for Guilds), Guild Halls/Islands ( Upgradeable to Guild Fortress, Guild Towns), new Guild Missions and new Guild Mission Types, more epic looking Guild Weapon/Armor Sets of higher Quality than Rare (Exotic, Ascended), Improved Guild Rewards, Improved Guild Upgrades
  • 5) Feature Improvements (Mounts, Housing, Precursor Crafting/Scavenger Hunts, Missing Activities Polymok, Bar Brawls, Shooting Range, Rollerbeetle Racing, Collectable Ingame Card Game similar like Triple Triad, Marriage System, Fishing, Digging as new Gathering Jobs, new Craftign Jobs like Writer, Painter ect. , Jeweler/Cook Job Level 500, Order Missions, Reputation System/ Reintegraded improved Personality System)
  • 6) General Improvements (More Emotes, more Dances, more World Interactivities, like destructable World, more Environmental Weapons, heroic movements, active Z-Axis in Combat on Land)
  • 7) Redesigns (Replayable Personal Story, Redesign of Zhaitan Battle, Integration of Replayable Living Story Season 1 with new Achievements*
  • 8) Achievement Improvements (Redesign of WvW Achievements, adding Achievements for all other Regions, adding of more senseful titles to existing achievements, addign new achievements to existign categories
  • 9) World Exploration (Integration of new explorable Maps and integratign them also into the 100% exploration track including giving them rewards for exploring them 100%, Taking WvW Maps out of World Exploration
  • 10) Weapon Skins Give players also a way to earn those Black Lion Ticket Weapon Skins in an other way, like through hard and long scavenger hunts, or through hard and long time gated crafting.
    GW2 needs lesser RNG, players should have also a chance to earn these thigns ingame with their dedication to play the game and do ingame what is needed to be done to earn something and not just hope, that they have the luck to get out of several RNG chests10-50 ticket scraps for 1-5 BLT’s to get 1 of those weapon skins… ONE where it would take an eternity to get a full set if you’d lke to have of those weapons maybe a complete set.
Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Well I think they know people aren’t exactly happy with the current Megaservers and I think that they’re just a filler for a problem on which’s solution they’re working on so that’s why I added open housing. is it doable? Yes. How long would it take ANet to implement it, I guess a long time since it would involve expanding parts of the maps for house lots.
The other idea that comes to my mind as a replacement are open World Guild Halls on different areas. But for this to work I imagine we’d have a ranking GvG’s so that the Top guilds get priority over what land to purchase, or they get a new unlock in more prestigious zones (e.g. Top 3 guilds have a lot in the Rings of Fire). But this also has it’s pros and cons.
And with/if the release of Cantha/Elona you’d get a lot more options to move to. So if anything for real open-world housing/halling I wouldn’t expect anything sooner until most of the World of Tyria has been explored/added.

Vayne.8563

Well I think they know people aren’t exactly happy with the current Megaservers and I think that they’re just a filler for a problem on which’s solution they’re working on so that’s why I added open housing. is it doable? Yes. How long would it take ANet to implement it, I guess a long time since it would involve expanding parts of the maps for house lots.
The other idea that comes to my mind as a replacement are open World Guild Halls on different areas. But for this to work I imagine we’d have a ranking GvG’s so that the Top guilds get priority over what land to purchase, or they get a new unlock in more prestigious zones (e.g. Top 3 guilds have a lot in the Rings of Fire). But this also has it’s pros and cons.
And with/if the release of Cantha/Elona you’d get a lot more options to move to. So if anything for real open-world housing/halling I wouldn’t expect anything sooner until most of the World of Tyria has been explored/added.

I think more people are happy with the mega server than unhappy with it. Either way, it’s not going back to how it was. That’s just wishful thinking on your part.

Dusty Moon.4382

My wish list is incredibly smaller and more fitting:

1) DPS Staff option for Mesmer

There is a DPS staff – it is a exotic crafted – Beserker’s anyone?

2) Better necromancer minions

No Minions are already too much of a crutch for most Necros and it would be too OP

3) A medium armorset inspired by Saidra

I want some of the armor sets from GW1 – direct

Those would just about satisfy me.

Dusty Moon.4382

Wow, man. That’s…surprisingly rude for a response. Basically telling the guy who has really provided some solid (if not perfect) feedback and just basically telling him: “It won’t happen. Eat what’s on your plate or GTFO”

No – the point is, he hasn’t really noticed or understood the lore told in game. Most of his points will not happen with the way the lore has been done for GW2. If the OP did – his post wouldn’t exist. Example he said open world bosses, we have them already. He said fight Dragons, The Open World bosses are Dragon minions and more than likely the LS2 will end with a Dragon fight against Mordremoth. As far as HoH, etc. they were all based on the 6 gods being involved with the world and they are not any more. Until they return, there will be no HoH.

The OP still wants GW2 as a GW1 game and that will not happen. One is a single player game (GW1) and one is an MMO.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Nothing here is particularly ‘perfect’ or would lead to ‘perfect’.

1. Mounts

I’m basically ‘whateva’ about this.

Ghost town, ghost towns as far as the eye can see! No thank you.

Sounds fine, more complicated and thus more time consuming.

I take it you mean Hunger Games + Battle Royal? No idea why we need this in the open world, we already got Southsun Survival.

Again I don’t have any inherent disagreement with this. I just don’t think that in terms of effort and time required this would be realistic.

Same as above.

Meh.

8.* Please give some love to PvPers. Give them GvG’s and Hall of Heroes.

Why not.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

1. Mounts

I was wondering how long since the last mount thread was closed until a new one was opened.

While I do think it is interesting you included other things on your wish list, I also knew when I read the title of your thread that Mounts would be on your list.

And while the others might be new and interesting to talk about. THIS particular item has been debated to hell and back.

My main issue with Mount threads is that players that want them…. usually end up just giving different versions of:

1. It would be cool.
2. We want them
3 Why not?

None of these are compelling reasons for Anet to redesign the game to include mounts.

Those wanting mounts need to give Anet compelling reasons. The above are not compelling. If they were, then the fact that for 2 years we have been seeing those above, and mostly only those above… would have compelled Anet to give us more than 3 mounts, which to many amount to novelty items… toys.

Another issue is we see a Lot of players telling those Anti-mount.." Give us compelling reasons why we should not have mounts" that they then proceed to ignore.

Anti-mount players give reasons that are ignored even when we that do not wish them, since we do not want Anet to do anything different or redesign the game… we do not NEED any reasons whatsoever. All we need is…

1. Do not want mounts.

And that’s all those of us that do not want them need say.

now this aspect of your thread may either be completely ignored since it has been covered extensively in the million threads that came before…. or… be nothing but an iteration of all the other million mount threads.

I am thinking more latter than former.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Nerelith.7360

It sounds interesting, but it would likely be only perfect for you and a headache for the rest of the players who have their own opinion of what a “perfect Tyria” is.

It’s also less about Tyria being perfected and more about the game being perfected in your eyes. Tyria’s fine the way it is.

I think that this needs to be focused on. While the OP can wish for whatever he wants. He needs to understand everyone has a different version in their heads of what would be " A perfect Tyria" And while some might agree with some ideas, others would find some ideas On that list abhorrent.

And there are players who have ideas for “A perfect Tyria” that the OP may find equally dismal.

That being said. I happen to feel that while Tyria may not be perfect for me personally, since I have my own wish list…. it is good enough for most. And when you are playing an MMO…Good enough for most is… good enough.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: azorean.1850

azorean.1850

…1. Mounts…

No.

this rly has to stop, saying no to mounts is just silly rly. we can have mounts moving at same speed of speed buffs, it will not hurt the game it will not turn gw2 in to wow it will not bring down doom to gw2. dont want a mount? dont get one.

Dusty Moon.4382

…1. Mounts…

No.

this rly has to stop, saying no to mounts is just silly rly. we can have mounts moving at same speed of speed buffs, it will not hurt the game it will not turn gw2 in to wow it will not bring down doom to gw2. dont want a mount? dont get one.

No to mounts. They are NOT IN GAME CURRENTLY. Also A.Net has stated there WAS NO PLANS TO PUT MOUNTS IN THE GAME. What don’t you understand about that?

Mounts are :

1. LORE BREAKING!!! Since there were no mounts in GW lore – how can you really justify them?

2. NOT NEEDED – there are waypoints. There are enough waypoints to get around faster than having a mount.

3. Mechanically and design-wise very hard to add in if there are no mounts in game.

4. The game already has issues with slow downs when a large group is fighting (most World Boss fights end up at 10-12 fps and skills have hiccup use). Adding mounts would increase that problem with less people. I would like to run the game on anything other than low settings when in large groups.

5. Speed boosts are part of the balance in the skill system. You want a speed boost, well then you have to compromise what you will not have. This is a huge problem as putting in mounts with a speed boost would automatically negate many builds. Not all professions are supposed to have the speed boost – that is part of the balance equation in the game.

It is annoying that the pro-mount people have no other reason than, "I WANT THEM’. Until you logically argue how mounts WON’T impact the above points, there is no reason to discuss the subject at all. Saying ‘I want them’ is NOT REASON ENOUGH.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: azorean.1850

azorean.1850

…1. Mounts…

No.

No to mounts. They are NOT IN GAME CURRENTLY. Also A.Net has stated there WAS NO PLANS TO PUT MOUNTS IN THE GAME. What don’t you understand about that?

Mounts are :

1. LORE BREAKING!!! Since there were no mounts in GW lore – how can you really justify them?

2. NOT NEEDED – there are waypoints. There are enough waypoints to get around faster than having a mount.

3. Mechanically and design-wise very hard to add in if there are no mounts in game.

4. NOT WANTED.

5. The game already has issues with slow downs when a large group is fighting (most World Boss fights end up at 10-12 fps and skills have hiccup use). Adding mounts would increase that problem with less people. I would like to run the game on anything other than low settings when in large groups.

6. Speed boosts are part of the balance in the skill system. You want a speed boost, well then you have to compromise what you will not have. This is a huge problem as putting in mounts with a speed boost would automatically negate many builds. Not all professions are supposed to have the speed boost – that is part of the balance equation in the game.

It is annoying that the pro-mount people have no other reason than, "I WANT THEM’. Until you logically argue how mounts WON’T impact the above points, there is no reason to discuss the subject at all. Saying ‘I want them’ is NOT REASON ENOUGH.

lore is made up they can make up something up too to introduce mounts. they never said they wont be mounts in game. any profession can have speed buffs with own skill or speed buff from item shop. seriously u guys sound like religious fanatics. it has to be your way or the ones that want the option to have mounts will be stoned to death.

Nerelith.7360

…1. Mounts…

No.

Mounts are :

4. The game already has issues with slow downs when a large group is fighting (most World Boss fights end up at 10-12 fps and skills have hiccup use). Adding mounts would increase that problem with less people. I would like to run the game on anything other than low settings when in large groups.

5. Speed boosts are part of the balance in the skill system. You want a speed boost, well then you have to compromise what you will not have. This is a huge problem as putting in mounts with a speed boost would automatically negate many builds. Not all professions are supposed to have the speed boost – that is part of the balance equation in the game.

See here is what Pro-mount people do not want to accept.

I do not think it is a " I don;t understand why", it is " I do Not Like it."

As the people that want Anet to change the game. As the people that want the game to be redesigned. THEY need to come up with valid, and compelling arguments for why Mounts are either.

1. necessary.
2. beneficial.

That something would be brought to the game that is not already being well served by other means than mount implementation.

1. I think it would be cool
2. I want them.
3. Why not.
4. I cannot be bothered to swap skills In and out.

None of these are compelling.

Secondly, since we are perfectly fine with the game that Anet has given us as it pertains to mounts…. we do not need any reasons. Since we are not asking for any changes.

for us….

1. No.

is good enough.

Conncept.7638

1: saw the “dominant style” a-net goes with armors and weapons? Particle effects everywhere = more lag, means mounts wouldnt be usefull in wvw cause ppl would lag out all the time what leads to point 2…

2: pve maps are too small for a need for them, you got waypoints all few feet and pvp got no use for them either

4: then what is it… like i said maps are too small and wp system is present aswell speed boosts, traits and skills for every class

5: it isnt, the time that would go into mounts they could fix the visuals cause to mesh\texture mounts takes prolly more time then to fix issues on present armors (specially gem store armors to make them equally as good for all races and genders cause ppl paid extra for it)

6: where did i do that.. just said go play wow if you cant deal with the lack of mounts thats all

1. No actually, Dulfy has a list of all the games weapons and armor you can search through, marked as having or not having particle effects. Well over 90% of the games weapons and armor have… absolutely none! Thank-you for another lame excuse said in complete ignorance, do some research before spouting off nonsense.

2. Necessary

4 (Lol, ’sorry bout that). It could be… anything and everything else. They could have loved the mount system in Skyrim, where you literally keep an animal companion alive as part of your epic journey. There are other games where mounts are similar to pets, there are games with incredible mounted combat. Your narrow uncreative view and inability to see any good past your nose is no reflection on the developers creative abilities.

5. What isn’t? That doesn’t even make any sense. And no, you obviously know absolutely nothing about game development. They split into teams for a reason, because too many people on the same thing will NOT make it go any faster or come out any better. Too many cooks spoils the stew.

6. YOUR LAST FREAKING WORDS! Can even you not understand the chatspeak drivel you write?

See here is what Pro-mount people do not want to accept.

I do not think it is a " I don;t understand why", it is " I do Not Like it."

As the people that want Anet to change the game. As the people that want the game to be redesigned. THEY need to come up with valid, and compelling arguments for why Mounts are either.

Nope, addressed this before. Some content is being worked on, and you are assuming your position is supported by the developers, further assumptions that the developer work is inherently terrible, hence the necessity to prove it a compelling system, and finally the laughable ‘necessary’ we’ve already talked about.

Neither side knows anything about mounts, ANet hasn’t even said anything, beyond an interview at release when they said there would be no mounts at release, and nothing more; if anet were to add mounts, neither side has any idea how they would do so, so proving that system viable isn’t possible for either side; and third, there is NO REASON to prove something necessary for a bloody GAME! Burden of proof falls on neither party.

Dusty Moon.4382

…1. Mounts…

No.

Mounts are :

4. NOT WANTED.

5. The game already has issues with slow downs when a large group is fighting (most World Boss fights end up at 10-12 fps and skills have hiccup use). Adding mounts would increase that problem with less people. I would like to run the game on anything other than low settings when in large groups.

6. Speed boosts are part of the balance in the skill system. You want a speed boost, well then you have to compromise what you will not have. This is a huge problem as putting in mounts with a speed boost would automatically negate many builds. Not all professions are supposed to have the speed boost – that is part of the balance equation in the game.

lore is made up they can make up something up too to introduce mounts. they never said they wont be mounts in game. any profession can have speed buffs with own skill or speed buff from item shop. seriously u guys sound like religious fanatics. it has to be your way or the ones that want the option to have mounts will be stoned to death.

Yes A.NET did say no mounts – please read GW2 WIKI – it is in there. To ignore that fact is ludicrous to say the least.

We are not religious fanatics at all. But the 15% 1 hor. speed buff is nothing and is over-ridden by the skills (many of them are 2-8 sec. long). The only profession that can have a continuous speed buff is Engineers but then they have to have packs equipped and switch them constantly. There is a reason for the short amount of speed buff as it is to allow combat to occur and also to make sure players are noticing their surroundings. When you play a game with mounts, with a constant speed boost, that type of recognition of the surrounds just goes out the window. Most game with mounts, you see people running past dragging and aggroing everything in their wake. That happens in this game but not to the extent it does in others.

I myself do not want mounts in this game as it a refreshing break from the obnoxious and unruly mount riders.

Nerelith.7360

…1. Mounts…

No.

Mounts are :

4. NOT WANTED.

Yes A.NET did say no mounts – please read GW2 WIKI – it is in there. To ignore that fact is ludicrous to say the least.

We are not religious fanatics at all. But the 15% 1 hor. speed buff is nothing and is over-ridden by the skills (many of them are 2-8 sec. long). The only profession that can have a continuous speed buff is Engineers but then they have to have packs equipped and switch them constantly. There is a reason for the short amount of speed buff as it is to allow combat to occur and also to make sure players are noticing their surroundings. When you play a game with mounts, with a constant speed boost, that type of recognition of the surrounds just goes out the window. Most game with mounts, you see people running past dragging and aggroing everything in their wake. That happens in this game but not to the extent it does in others.

I myself do not want mounts in this game as it a refreshing break from the obnoxious and unruly mount riders.

Intriguing. You gave 6 arguments against, the Only counter they could offer was." you are all meanies."

No pro-mount player has given even a single compelling argument for their inclusion.

(edited by Nerelith.7360)

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

That is a load of crap, this is not congress, neither you nor the zealous babbit below you is an elected representative of the playerbase. The forums represent a specific (and infinitesimally tiny) demographic among the many which make up the playerbase, and are in no way representative of the game as a whole.

You missed my point. Title says “My wishlist”.
You can’t tell one that “No, man, this can’t be your wishlist.” because if you make him change something, then it’s not his wishlist anymore.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I second the OP’s wish list! I would love to see all of those features add! Definitely would love a major content expansion for both pvp and PvE. Add raids!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

My only wish is that Anet give up on it’s e-sport pipe dream and put that labor to work in the rest of their game. Some areas are sorely lacking in developement.

Oh and NO to mounts.

Nerelith.7360

The importance of Lore.

Superman is vulnerable to Green Kryptonite. It can literally kill him if he gets close to it. Now, we all remember the scene In the first Movie, where Lex Luthor Puts a Krytonite chunk on a necklace, and places it around his neck.

Lore is " The rules the creators have envisioned for the story."

Now He is dying, and..well not gonna give away any spoilers. But… Imagine How dissapointing it would be if … Superman just stood up, took the necklace off.., and went to well whatever he had to do to foil Luthor’s plot?

Then when people complaiend the writer just says " well, I created the Lore…I made up new lore."

As someone IM’d me… sometimes for more creativity you need LESS freedom. Freedom to re-invent the rules just because….. leads to dissatisfaction with the story.

So no. We cannot Just " make up reasons to include mounts." it would break the Lore for many of us. So argue within the Lore constraints, or give up.

Conncept.7638

Intriguing. You gave 6 arguments against, the Only counter they could offer was." you are all meanies."

No pro-mount player has given even a single compelling argument for their inclusion.

If by compelling argument you mean completely asinine and baseless assumptions about millions of players he doesn’t know, and hundreds of developers he also doesn’t know, then yes he presented an entirely legitimate argument.

Dusty Moon.4382

No they didn’t, try checking the source instead of assuming the accuracy of what a fellow zealot edited in to the wiki. It’s an interview in which a developer specifically and exactly states that there would be no mounts at release, but then states that they could be an option for future development.

You missed my point. Title says “My wishlist”.
You can’t tell one that “No, man, this can’t be your wishlist.”

It it’s only a wishlist, then why did you pull out a bogus statistic about how much of the playerbase wants mounts? I’m not the one telling him his wishlist is statistically unlikely, with made-up statistics no less. If the guy likes mounts and thinks they would be fun to add to the game, he should be able to say so without persecution and prodding by the antimount forum cult.

from WIKI – A.Net owns GW2 WIKI – just remember.

“Will map travel stay in the game?
Yes. You will be able to instantly travel to any discovered waypoint.
There is a coin fee for using waypoints.
It is only a few coins to travel a short distance.
The larger the distance between your current location and the waypoint, the larger the cost.
The cost will also increase as you reach higher levels.
Asura gates are also available as part of the map travel network and they are free to use. Lion’s Arch contains asura gates to the main cities of all five races.
Initially at release, the cost of waypoints were considered expensive. But with the amount of gold in the economy and ways to obtain it, there should never be a worry that waypoints are too expensive to use unless you use them more than 50 times a day.
Will there be mounts?
No. For traveling long distance, the game will offer the two types of teleports above (waypoints and asura gates), but the game does not have any other methods, i.e. there are no mounts or ships.
"

Conncept.7638

No. For traveling long distance, the game will offer the two types of teleports above (waypoints and asura gates), but the game does not have any other methods, i.e. there are no mounts or ships.* "

If the day ever comes when ‘there are no’, means ‘there will never be’, you’ll be right, however until then… you are not.

Nerelith.7360

About the whole " this is MY wish list" thing. This is a discussion board. There can be no discussion if all you do is say " I am allowed to wish for what I want."

People have a right to say why your wishes would be good or bad for the game. Or why they would be welcomd, or not welcomed. Why they would be beneficial or not beneficial.

If you did not expect or welcome discussion of your wish list… On a discussion board…. Not sure what to say here.

Maybe you should post this on your Blog?

I fail to understand the point of posting a non-discussion thread …. on a forum meant for discussion.

Will there be mounts?
No. For traveling long distance, the game will offer the two types of teleports above (waypoints and asura gates), but the game does not have any other methods, i.e. there are no mounts or ships. "

This seems pretty clear cut. No mounts = no mounts.