My character's birthday...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

In ten days it will be a year. I had chased Guild Wars 2 since they reveleaded the Elementalist. I was there on the first beta, on the second, on the third. I was there on headstart.

On the launching day I recieved the newcomers. My friends and I saw the Karkas head on Lion’s Arch, tracked the Shadow of the Mad King, got to meet Tixx on his ship for Wintersday…I was there to stop the Molten Alliance and returned to Southsun Cove to save the refugees.

My adventure began when Guild Wars 2 opened its doors and still goes on. Its been a great time and for that I’m very thankful. These guys have done an extraordinary job, the best job in my opinion.

However…knowing that my character’s birthday is the very same as the game…I cannot help but to want something to communicate this to people. I want them to know I was there.

Soon, everybody will have a mini Queen Jennah, even those who start playing on the 19th…And I ask: Will we, the 1st players EVER get some love from Anet?

I really, really hope you are planning to make something special for us. A title, an unique item, whatever. We just want something to show we were there. So please…we deserve it.

Posted by: AlexMc.2083

AlexMc.2083

Why should we get something special? If someone couldn’t afford to get it right at launch, why should they be punished for that? We already have unique items from the living story that new players aren’t able to get, anyway.

“Even after death, I shall return! And all my enemies will burn, burn, BURN!”

MakubeC.3026

You are not getting punished.
You can’t look at it that way. Have you heard of fidelity programs? If you have certain time using a product or are among the first people to ever use it, you get a thankful notification from the company. It might be a letter or a free article. Its not supposed to be expensive, but to show greatfulness for support and loyalty. This is very used on Europe.

If a player was not there when certain events happened, who’s to blame? Are new players who don’t have the “Volunteer” tittle being punished? When your account get its 1st year gift, are new players being punished by it?

Punishing is not an issue here.

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Why should we get something special? If someone couldn’t afford to get it right at launch, why should they be punished for that? We already have unique items from the living story that new players aren’t able to get, anyway.

I really hate this mentality that giving something to someone is punishing everyone who doesn’t get that thing.

If its cosmetic, it is not affecting your gameplay in any way.

Posted by: RobinotX.1604

RobinotX.1604

Ehm no, I don’t see why we should get something special because we were there day one.

We can tell stories about how the beta’s where and how it was before Patch ###. I don’t need to show people I played this game since the BETA and such.

The stories I can tell are more than enough ^^.

I mean if this gives you goosebumps! That should be enough

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15432623/HTML/login/index.html

(Please give us this Login Screen back ;_;)

Posted by: Shadowmist.9283

Shadowmist.9283

Oh yeah, I remember that login screen. Wasn’t there a way to get that back for a while?

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

I loved the little colored box pasword hash in that login screen. Didn’t have to get my password wrong 4times to notice my hand was rtoo far to the right on the keyboard.

MakubeC.3026

Ehm no, I don’t see why we should get something special because we were there day one.

We can tell stories about how the beta’s where and how it was before Patch ###. I don’t need to show people I played this game since the BETA and such.

The stories I can tell are more than enough ^^.

I mean if this gives you goosebumps! That should be enough

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15432623/HTML/login/index.html

(Please give us this Login Screen back ;_;)

You might not need it and I can only wonder why. But obviously most of us do. Some of us were the pioneer explorers of many maps, the 1st slayers of some bosses, etc, etc. I don’t want anything to signify that because it is not good lore-wise, but something like the Gw2 Black Cap that was around would be cool :P

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

if you are getting the 1 year present now, when they get theirs you will be getting your second year present.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I got something special. I was there at the beginning. Being there, having those memories, being the first to do certain things is my reward. I enjoyed it immensely.

This year I went to opening night of Phantom of the Opera where I live. I’m pretty sure I won’t get any special rewards for seeing it opening night…but I still enjoyed being there. There was a buzz, a feeling of we were the first.

That is the reward.

Honestly I don’t get this idea that having a good and fun experience needed to be somehow rewarded.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I can understand where the OP is coming from. Being a GW1 player I have access to certain skins that others don’t so why shouldn’t beta players have something since there is already a precedent for it ?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

[…]
Soon, everybody will have a mini Queen Jennah, even those who start playing on the 19th…And I ask: Will we, the 1st players EVER get some love from Anet?
[…]

not everyone
only the characters who are 1 year old….

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

AlexMc.2083

I really hate this mentality that giving something to someone is punishing everyone who doesn’t get that thing.

You seem to completely miss my point. We ALREADY HAVE cosmetic items that people are unable to get, why should we get any more of them now simply for being there back then?

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

You seem to completely miss my point. We ALREADY HAVE cosmetic items that people are unable to get, why should we get any more of them now simply for being there back then?

Us GW1 players got things for “being there back then” that don’t affect gameplay in any way. If you think it’s any different, please amuse me.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Man In Zero G.8312

Man In Zero G.8312

Yep. We already got our “Yay you were here on Day One” prize. The hat. On day one. Just like in GW1. If someone neglected to grab theirs, tough for them. If people don’t think that’s good enough… well, that’s just sad.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

And the funny thing is after posting that I had to log into each of my characters to work out which ones had the hats (I got 2). I think I picked them up, equipped them, hid them and haven’t thought about them since.

Maybe one day, in 2 or 3 years I’ll display it and someone might be impressed or something.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: SeVeruS.1768

SeVeruS.1768

1st year bday gift – 1 minipet that everyone will get eventually, scroll, and booster???? Come on… what ever happened to unique rewards… there is absolutely nothing exciting about these rewards…I mean who wants a minipet that everyone has? Who wants a scroll that gets you to lvl 20 – the easiest levels to attain..?? who wants some unspecified booster? Unless this booster magically increases the drop chance of a precursor.. I’m not impressed

Please ANET give us something special.. something that would bring us back every year

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

1st year bday gift – 1 minipet that everyone will get eventually, scroll, and booster???? Come on… what ever happened to unique rewards… there is absolutely nothing exciting about these rewards…I mean who wants a minipet that everyone has? Who wants a scroll that gets you to lvl 20 – the easiest levels to attain..?? who wants some unspecified booster? Unless this booster magically increases the drop chance of a precursor.. I’m not impressed

Please ANET give us something special.. something that would bring us back every year

The only difference between this and GW1 is that in GW1 the mini was random. Plus back then we didn’t get a scroll or a booster at all. As a GW1 vet I’m actually glad for the little addition.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

AlexMc.2083

Us GW1 players got things for “being there back then” that don’t affect gameplay in any way. If you think it’s any different, please amuse me.

Yeah, fun fact, GW1 still exists, and the Hall of Monuments hasn’t mysteriously disappeared from it. And are you even attempting to understand? We already have these kinds of items, I do not see why we should get any more that people playing right now aren’t also able to get.

Posted by: Sharptiger.4762

Sharptiger.4762

I’m surprised anyone is complaining about what their birthday present is if most MMOs aren’t offering character birthdays at all. You’re all acting like little kids who didn’t get the toy they wanted when they turned 6. Tyria may be an amazing world, but it’s still a virtual one. They’re acknowledging your seniority in a video game, so you might as well appreciate it and be thankful you haven’t been paying a subscription fee just to play all this time.