My criticism on the Beta so far

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

• I would like to talk to npc and gather crafting materials without kicking me off my mount. It feels like a big hassle to be kicked off when doing either.
  • My raptor has one dye slot that is barely noticeable. I want to customize my raptor far more than that.
  • I would like to be able to glide whenever I am on a mount. I fell to my death from a big cliff because I expected to be able to glide. Let gliding kick the user off the mount.
  • I would like to have a mountless mount, which is just the player running at the same speed as mounts. When I was not using my mount and traveling the world, it just felt unnecessarily big and empty. I understand that the map was made with mounts and mind. It would be extremely difficult to make map smaller while tuning down the mount speed to be in line with player’s speed. So the easier choice is to make players more faster. I don’t think that some of my characters would look good riding a mount, this suggestion would give choices to players that just don’t want to use mounts, afterall there was countless people that dislike mounts in this forum. If there needs to be a lore reason to have mountless mounts, make the mount a Djinn spirit that buffs the player faster speed.
  • I would like to be able to get on mounts immediately after battle. It felt so clunky to wait to get out of combat, especially when a single stack of 30 seconds of poison can stop me from getting on a mount. I hate Choyo because they explode in death which keeps me getting on my mount faster. My suggestion to fix this is that the game checks if there is any enemy nearby in a 600 range radius while in combat and ignore condis when getting on a mount. This will make getting on and off mounts more fluid and less clunky.
  • A major major gripe for me is the Aksim heart in the Sinken Ruin where the Cave Screamers are. The cave constantly drop AoE everywhere with long duration stuns and cripple.

Just some criticism I found while playing the beta so far. There were a lot that I like about the beta such as the bounty system, the ability to talk to the Herald that shows me where all the events are and the raptor mount.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

so in short…. get rid of mounts and replace with perma-superspeed?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No. You are very wrong to summarize the post with just that.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

No. You are very wrong to summarize the post with just that.

How is it wrong? That encompasses everything thats implied with the mountless mount and “not waiting to get out of combat” to resume mounted movement.

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

• I would like to talk to npc and gather crafting materials without kicking me off my mount. It feels like a big hassle to be kicked off when doing either.
    >Yes, We need to stay on mounts when interacting with NPCs.
  • My raptor has one dye slot that is barely noticeable. I want to customize my raptor far more than that.
    > Would be nice to have more dye channels.
  • I would like to be able to glide whenever I am on a mount. I fell to my death from a big cliff because I expected to be able to glide. Let gliding kick the user off the mount.
    >Should be able to dis-mount after jumping, then glide.
  • I would like to have a mountless mount, which is just the player running at the same speed as mounts. When I was not using my mount and traveling the world, it just felt unnecessarily big and empty. I understand that the map was made with mounts and mind. It would be extremely difficult to make map smaller while tuning down the mount speed to be in line with player’s speed. So the easier choice is to make players more faster. I don’t think that some of my characters would look good riding a mount, this suggestion would give choices to players that just don’t want to use mounts, afterall there was countless people that dislike mounts in this forum. If there needs to be a lore reason to have mountless mounts, make the mount a Djinn spirit that buffs the player faster speed.
    >No, it makes mounts pointless.
  • I would like to be able to get on mounts immediately after battle. It felt so clunky to wait to get out of combat, especially when a single stack of 30 seconds of poison can stop me from getting on a mount. I hate Choyo because they explode in death which keeps me getting on my mount faster. My suggestion to fix this is that the game checks if there is any enemy nearby in a 600 range radius while in combat and ignore condis when getting on a mount. This will make getting on and off mounts more fluid and less clunky.
    >Should be able to mount with conditions on after a fight.