My critique about PVP prizes X PVE prizes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Hi everyone.

First of all I need to say that I love the game, so this is meant to be a contructive critique.

Recently I’ve noticed some Big increases into the PVP rewards that Anet is oficially deploying. Real money prizes, Gems, and now recently announced A legendary! Precursors, gems, BL tickets, Gift of fortunes, and some other completely incridible itens!

You all can check the prizes at:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guild-wars-2-tournament-of-legends/

While the rest of 80% community (Pve/Wxw players) get only chances at some dragonite, a few gold and silver and in the better cases a skin. One time use skin.

So, I’m here to say that this by far really awnful and unfair. Most of PVP trounaments are NOT open to everyone play. (I.e : Limitations with country travel, or team creates, and a lot of other things). So, its a really, really limited number of player able to even get a chance to participate of those tournaments. Also, not everyone like to play PVP.

And the most frustrating of all, the gifts rewarded on this tournament : We pve players need to lose a lot of time doing map completion, kiling in wxw, get 200 skill points, around of 9 dungeon runs and an obscene amount of gold to those gifts. Its kinda unfair a few ppl get a chance for those gifts to play 5 matchs PVP.

And while I incentivate the rewards to pvp (Since I’m a pvp player too), I find it extremely disappoint that for a final OF a whole year of Living story, with all meta achievments done, and a lot of hour repeating events, give us a finish reward of 3 champion loot bags and 3 obsidian shards.

Thank you if you at leas considerate this thread staff, originated from a frustraded player reading yout blogpost about Tournament of Legends.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Overall PvE rewards are and have been much better than sPvP or WvW rewards. Is it so wrong for them to give out good rewards for a big tournament?

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Seriulsy, this is a Continet NA/Europe tournament, only the best team of Europe and NA will win the legendary.

This 1000xtimes harder to farm a legendary , and i alredy have 2 ( Sunrise and Flameseeker )and almost the third one complete ( Bifrost ), and i almost play PVE exclusive, but i dont understand the angry for this.

I laugh when people tell, “only 5 match of PVP”, seriusly, hey, im going to win the Superbowl with my friends, because i only have to win 1 American Football game, and after this, im going to win the Uefa Championship League because i only have to win 6 Football games.

If the winner team gain 30.000$ like another Esports like Lol in a continent Tournament is great, fair price, but a legendary, a ingame item = comunity rage.

MauricioCezar.2673

Hmmm, let me think :

1 : Can every player participate into this tournament?
A: NO

2 : Does PVE rewards ever get anything really valuable?

3 : Does the time and effort put into PVE events and LS, less valuable than PVP some hours Tournament?

As I said, I really incentivate better rewards to WxW, and PVP. I’m play all aspects of the game and know they need a better rewards. But this got to a point ridiculous. The major number of ppl with legendarys, need to work towards then at least 300 hours gameplay, every player that played all aspects of Anet LW, has spent a minimum of 150 hours gameplay. I yet have all my rewards got into LW : Around of 10 bkpieces (Soulbound = 0 value), Random loots (That depends on RNG, not on Player skill), And achievments.

Since as when this can be even get close to compare with A legendary itself along with 2,000 gems, 2 Black Lion Weapon Tickets ?

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Care to take a guess how many hours the winners will have spent playing sPvP honing their skill rather than farming PvE? It’s going to be a whole lot more than the time it takes to make a legendary or two playing PvE…

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Not another one of these.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

1 : Can every player participate into this tournament?
A: Yes, you can subscribe to the tournament, you want to play it, be the best in your continent, and this is the hard part.

This is no a normal reward for PVP and no a incentive to play PVP, this torunament will play people that alredy play PVP for thousand of hours., this is a Continent Tournament.

You cant compare the LW rewars that are really easy to do to this with this Tournament, of course that reward are worst, and you cant compare the quality of PVE rewards using only LW because PVE is much more than this, if you want your legendary only playing some hours at week to get LW who are really easy to get all PVE people will have a legendary weapon.

If reason of people complain is because they want a pve “free legendary” too and all this is for jealusy, well they have 2 options, play a lot of WvW and PVE and not only LW, or be the best in PVP.

And i know what im talking about when im speak about PVE rewards, lw, legendaries etc.., after all my time playing this game, and this is nothing compared to win a Continental Tournament.

(edited by GonzoNeo.4965)

MauricioCezar.2673

I know everyone have different own opinions about that.

But as i said, its my critique, not a destructive one. My playtime is over 2500 hours by now, and I get able to get 1 legendary. My most frustrating thing of ever was the final of LS, where we got around of nothing for a 1 year of effort.

Also, only to reinforce what I said : Actually, I’m at lv 38 PVP, so I’m not professional, neither newbie. I’m an average player lets say. But I will not even have a chance in participate into this tournament.

In other half of the coin : I have 8 full 80 characters, With my main over 2000 skill points. I’ve crafted my own legendary by playing the game for over a year, I never got any precursor drop/forge, I never got a 100 gold drop. By far, my better drop probably was around of 40gold. I’m a pve and WxW commander, I know every aspect of the game, All lore and all skill about every race and profession. I even bought and beat Gw1 all campaigns to know even more about tyria and GW overall.

Did I ever have any chance of any sweet rewards based on my own skill? I can not be a professional rank 70 PVP player, But I can ensure you all I’m kinda Good in the game overall. I Just not find fair that a small groups have chance to incridible, LARGE rewards, while no most of others can not.

Either way, I like the game, just find too much unbalanced in some aspects. Communuty says PVP and Wxw Need more rewards, and then they make it the contrary : Make in reach on a lv of ridiculous prizes leaving the rest of comunnity watching.

(edited by MauricioCezar.2673)