My discontentment

My discontentment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exio.4938

Exio.4938

Hello GW2 community. I’m writing here just to share some thoughts about GW2.
First let me say that I like the game a lot. I’ve been playing it (with some ins and outs) since the betas.
What I like most about it is the combat system. But the combat system is, essenstially, “broken”. In PvE content, such as dungeons, this combat systems shows its flaws when a whole party can just cram their characters inside each other in a corner spamming skills and not having to worry about much. For a game that praised its combat system a lot for being different this is a huge flaw. No content should be able to be beaten by a group of players stacked in a space, when the focus should be moving around, avoiding the enemies’ attacks and supporting your party. But as I’ve seen, no efforts were made to adress this issue. Is it a part of the developers idea to let it stay this way? Or are they just afraid to lose players who abuse this flaw to no end?
When I started playing this game, I tried almost every class because I wanted to see wich one I liked the most, wich one I would like to see the world with. I explored the maps, a bit at a time, and when I finally finished it, I felt something I wasn’t expecting to. I felt I had done nothing. I felt all I did were meaningless pseudo-quests with no actual meaning. Worst of all, I felt everything was easy. The game supposedly scales you down so you won’t be overpowered, but no matter wich stats you have, enemies melt with your attacks (and no, I’m not a Berserker, I was just too powerfull). The scale down was adressed on July 23rd 2015 if I’m not mistaken, as I noticed enemies are now a bit tougher than they were, but nothing too special.
After finishing the exploration, I started to look for content around the world to do, and what I found was the opposite of what I was looking for. There was nothing to do besides events and events and more (repeated) events. And I’m not counting PvP and WvW, just talking about PvE, though I felt the game counts WvW as a kind of post-game content, I find it unsuitable for my tastes but I digress. As a player of the original GW, the lack of post-game content was disturbing. No harder content, no final game “quests” like Mallyx and Glint’s Challenge. The game felt empty once more. For me, WvW, world boss hunting, collecting skins or crafting ascended/legendary weapons doesn’t suit me. I want content I can do, not trinkets to collect or mindless overcrowded events i can “participate” in. And participating is saying a bit too much of it as the events are so overcrowded that it really doesn’t matter what you do. Oh and about trinkets, I’m not even going to explore that, since for a game that supposedly doesn’t want you to farm, you sure need your ascended trinkets to access harder content.
The last of my disapointments is this game difficulty. The game as it is now is easy. Too easy. Enemies don’t have skills. Enemies rarely dodge. You have a full set of ten skills and traits and enemies get nothing more than two or three and no auto-attack chains. I understand why this is how it is, since it’s made to facilitate the life for players who play alone, but playing should be about teaching the player how to play, not babisitting them for the rest of the game.
I have a few other quarrels with the game but I will not keep adding text to this testament. Hope someone from ArenaNet reads this so at least they might know that someone is displeased somewhere. Not displeased by a bad game, but instead displeased by a good one that started slow and it’s only advancing in a bad way.

My discontentment

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

“Broken”

gouges eyes out

My discontentment

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

tl;dr can i have your stuff when you quit?

My discontentment

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

“Shootsfoot” gouges his eyes out… Lol.

@OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiFdlYY-GFA

My discontentment

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

White space. Paragraph breaks. Use them.

Gone to Reddit.

My discontentment

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

“The game supposedly scales you down so you won’t be overpowered, but no matter wich stats you have, enemies melt with your attacks (and no, I’m not a Berserker, I was just too powerfull).”

Biggest bullkitten ever lol. Yup go wear Settler’s and “melt” those mobs please. You will hit like a wet noodle.

Säïnt