My display name

My display name

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Holliness.7641

Holliness.7641

I bought GW2 when it first came out. And have matured a lot since then.
My display name makes me look like a stupid twelve-year-old. AAaaahhh I wish we were able to change these.

/pointless complaining

My display name

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You can still buy a second account, or say you were drunk. Or just don’t care at all.
/pointless advices

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

My display name

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I would have assumed your name was “Holly” and you’re making a pun with “holiness”.

My display name

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

People actually look at those? In all of GW2, I mean, the entire two years this game has been up, I have been referred to by my name once. That is on one occasion somebody called me by my name. The rest of the times it was just my character’s names I was referred to as.

My display name

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

People actually look at those? In all of GW2, I mean, the entire two years this game has been up, I have been referred to by my name once. That is on one occasion somebody called me by my name. The rest of the times it was just my character’s names I was referred to as.

As someone with a forum addiction, I’m recognized by my account name so people generally call me “Lilith” rather than my real name or my character name. I feel bad that these names can’t be changed, because sometimes I wish my account name was my main characters name. Hehe.

However I’m liking my newest nickname “Lils”.

@OP your name COULD be worse. Any time I think of my 14 year old AOL screen name (shadowgrrl) I cringe.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

My display name

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t see anything wrong with your display name. Mine’s pretty silly too, and would come across as even sillier if you knew me

@OP your name COULD be worse. Any time I think of my 14 year old AOL screen name (shadowgrrl) I cringe.

As you should!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

My display name

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Oh god…teen screen names…I had so many at that age.

RotoryX
Pusher
Nerf
Nam

That list can go on for a bit more.

Never trust a Stormcrow.

My display name

Posted by: Lheimroo.2947

Lheimroo.2947

A kid thinks something innocuous is cool.
A teenager thinks it’s abhorrently embarrassing.
An adult shrugs.

My display name

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

OP, don’t worry. Your name is not as bad as you think. Spend a little time in the game and you will see so much worse.

My display name

Posted by: Holliness.7641

Holliness.7641

As someone with a forum addiction, I’m recognized by my account name so people generally call me “Lilith” rather than my real name or my character name. I feel bad that these names can’t be changed, because sometimes I wish my account name was my main characters name. Hehe.

However I’m liking my newest nickname “Lils”.

Haha XD! Yeah, that’s just as terrible. It could be worse…. It’s just like “ew. That name is the embodiment of my tiny little pre-teen self.” It doesn’t really help my case when I go trying to find a guild XD

My display name

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Well I made “DarkWasp” when I was like 10. It’s not that I particularly like it, I mean I don’t really even like wasps.

I just get too lazy to change it. Coming up with something good is tough.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

My display name

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think you’re simply putting your own connotations on the name. The rest of us see something innocuous that might indeed mean your real name is Holly

I was lucky enough to know my RP main’s name before the first beta, so I used his name for my id and for my guild forum avatar. However I’ve often found myself using names from previous RP characters for my next MMO account — I just tried out ArcheAge and used my WoW name, whereas in TESO I have the name of my previous WoW RP main …

My display name

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Sorry, but I just had to come back to this. Holliness, you managed to inspire me to create a new character (like I needed an excuse, she’s #47…).

Behold! Holly Nightstrider, Sylvari necromancer. Just waiting for holly style hair now.

Attachments:

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

My display name

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

OP I wouldn’t worry about it. Your name may mean “I was immature to have that name” to you, no one else will view it that way.

I didn’t event make my name. My husband did. It’s what we called our dog back when he was a puppy, so now when people call me “oz” in game, I feel like I’m using my dog’s name :-/ … however, no one else knows that (or knew… cuz now I said it and they all know!). I much prefer when people call me Rose (all my toons are named Rose.. also not my real name), but whatever.

I like your account name. It seems like a neat play on words.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

My display name

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Maybe if you try to convince Support that you are the Pope?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

My display name

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I guess I either got lucky or I’m really immature. I invented this screen name when I was 15 or 16 as a mash-up of my real name (Katy) and my Ultima Online character’s name (Danielle) and 13 years later I’m still using all 3.

Or maybe I just stick with it because the one time I tried to change it I got bored trying to think up a new name, registered myself on a forum as Just_Me, then got stuck with a whole online community knowing me by that name. It was actually a relief in a way when various stupid arguments lead to forums closing down and everyone moved to Facebook where I can just use my real name.

It varies. I’d say of the people I know in game there’s about 45% I call by their account name, 45% by their character name and 10% by their real name. And it’s not always logical either. I call my guild leader by her account name even though I know her in real life. I don’t really think about it but I either go by how they introduce themselves or which one they were using when I got to know them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

My display name

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t see how OP’s display name is different than any other. I mean, look at mine. Astral Projections: to send your spirit out of your body to roam around. Mine is based on my Spirit Lord Ritualist in Guild Wars 1, but if you don’t know the background it sounds kind of spacey and ‘new age’.

If you look at all the display names you will see a wide range. From ones that look like a real person’s name to what looks like a jumble of letters to fantasy names. Really, it’s only because you (OP) know the background is any reason to think it stands out from the others in terms of silliness.

I rather doubt guilds really look much at display names. There’s too much of a range and many people have chosen them almost randomly, anxious to get into the game and start playing.

My display name

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Haha! You could have one no one can spell, pronounce or remember! ; )