My displeasure with the game right now...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WheezerX.4367

WheezerX.4367

I’m a pre-order, I loved Guild Wars 1 (having played since the very beginning, open beta I believe even, all the way to EOTN expansion). I purchased GW2, and it was… different, as expected from the claims of “changing the MMO” as a.net put it, but…

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game, but the state it is in right now just feels like any other MMO out there. While the trinity is more or less gone in place for “team work”, the repetitiveness is still there. Let me elaborate a bit more on this, there is still a lot of content I have not touched…but cannot at the same time; The community seems to have taken to just “farming” events. At any given time of logging into the game, I can garuntee one thing: There is a “train” in queensdale, with loads of people farming the bosses. I can even give the exact order and which bosses are done! Boar > Oak > Troll > Bandit > Spider > (some times wasp queen if available) > Boar and just repeat. This isn’t the only instance either, there are many areas throughout the game that are -heavily- infested with players doing just one event or chain of events. There are so many things in the game I have yet to accomplish because I cannot seem to gather a group to do them, and when I do manage to gather a group together, they are either too inexperienced or just incompetent to complete them. I am not getting on a perch here, I am not the best gamer ever, but some times I feel as though some people are just unable to learn from mistakes without excessive repetition in failure.

World events that I want to participate in, that cannot be done due to absolutely no interest in doing them from the community. Example: I decided to venture back to Southsun, my first time since the initial release and before it’s additions. I get there, ask what there is to do and get answered with a waypoint link and “Queen up, come now”. There is a huge mob fighting the karka queen, and it’s a crazy fight, i get downed multiple times, revived and it’s just a blast! but then everyone maps away, walks away, and just generally leaves from my sight. I explore and find some events, only to learn that they are nearly impossible to solo, if not completely. The scaling doesn’t go down to just 1 player apparently… I ask for help… no responses at all. I finally give up in doing the few events I try and immediately as I go to leave for lion’s arch i hear “queen up”, so I go back and BAM 40+ players. Are these bots? or is it just the only worth while event in the map? All I am aware of is that nothing else is “do-able” due to not having any one in the entire map to help at all.

As I’ve stated before, this branches to nearly all ranges of the game, from low level to 80 content. I’m finally aware of why I have “instant level 20” tickets for new characters, there aren’t enough players to do low level content, and if they are, they are all farming one event or chain of events in the given maps.

All in all, the game has become just like any other korean grinder out there, albeit not nearly as lengthy, but the process is just the same: Find best reward quests (bonus points for repetitive quests) and just grind them till max lvl and/or currency. The only real differences are; No healers, no limit to how many people can do them or the need to any partying. Which enables this mobbing technique this much more.

tl;dr – I can’t do things because no one is doing anything passed farming one event(s).

My achievements will take eons at this rate >_>;

This will probably be flooded with “newb, loser, baddy, get friends” shortly, instead of any thoughtful criticism, that or be told to spend more money to shift to another server, which will just be the same issue, just with more players.

(edited by WheezerX.4367)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

All in all, the game has become just like any other korean grinder out there,

You are claiming this game is a Korean grinder because the players are focusing on rewards.

I guess all MMOs are Korean grinders then.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

We’re all still waiting on open world to be looked at. I’m honestly surprised to find that karma, gold rewards for events and the DR tied to it is still the same.

I can understand the champ farming zergs but I dislike them compared to the old pertinent/shelter zerg. Both were/are afflicted with kill credit issues, but at least the non-champ farms weren’t an endless game of keep-up.

I actually think the boss rotation is kind of neat, from time to time I hop on and check for the upcoming world boss events. Though if more of them are made like Tequatl we’ll lose those unless we’re fortunate enough to not have busy work/dinner/whatever in our days around reset.

Mad King’s Labyrinth and the Crown Pavilion were great too, but after losing their limelight (and zerg) they are near impossible to survive in.

Sometimes I just want to go out and kill stuff, but I know 1 out of every 25 enemies I slay will drop me maybe a blue or green if I’m lucky.

Really though, Zephyr Sanctum did absolute wonders for open world. Kite Fortunes were a desirable drop and fallen kites were spread around most maps. I could play any alt I wanted and still get that stuff. I could also hop on my main and go do any content I wanted and still get it.

I think perhaps as a start all events everywhere she be more rewarding and more variable with their rewards. Also a brand new set of karma armor would be great too. We understand that the gem shop brings in money and therefore it makes sense to release new armor art there, but we want more stuff to work toward ingame too (that isn’t just buyable with gold for example.)

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

@OP, what do you think about teq?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Flanar.5981

Flanar.5981

Unfortunately, you cant blame the farmers for their behaviour. Everyone likes to get more gold.

The best way to solve this would be to measure the time taken to do and activity and reward it in that way.

What I mean by this is, ArenaNet can calculate the gold a farmer earns /hour through these chain and reward atleast 70-80% of that for the dungeons that require the same time.
This would encourage people to do something else to earn gold and not just grind.

Maybe its my thinking but when a player is grinding, its actually a loss for someone else. Because that player could have done something better and more fun with a person who is in need of a party.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually, OP, just because one group is most visible, doesn’t mean one group is the majority. Farmers are easy to see. And I have run the Queensdale train, just to see what it was. There were 20-30 people there, and I’m on the busiest server. That’s not a huge number of people. Of course there are also people running other trains.

The thing is, the other people, like me, are scattered all over the place. We’re not that easy to see, but it doesn’t mean we’re not there.

It’s entirely possible that the solution to your problem is to join a guild of like minded players who play to enjoy the open world and run the ocassional dungeon.

Today I did two guild events (a rush and a bounty), did a dungeon and before that, some of my guild were working on zone completion in one of the zones.

The other day we took a field trip to get some giants, because giants are hard to come by and we wanted to see if we could scale up the number of giants in an event.

Sometimes we just roam around checking stuff out. It’s fun.

It doesn’t stop the train from being there…but that doesn’t really affect me personally at all.

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

This post lost its credibility to me when it said “korean grinder” I doubt the OP has evne played that man korean games or even seen real grinding, not to mention that’s group libel, weak

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If all the people on my server are the few doing the Queensdale champ train, we are in big trouble. Though, considering how many I see in Kessex, or wherever Scarlet is, or any of the starter zones…or LA…or wherever I find myself, I think that’s probably not the case.

Perhaps, joining a helpful guild, calling out in map chat or asking in one of the more populated areas for help would alleviate your issue. Best of luck.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Southsun is a terrible zone. It shows that Anet doesn’t know how to make difficult content. They only know how to make bigger numbers: more mobs, bigger damage numbers, longer condition durations.

I thought Queen’s gauntlet’s silver bosses (including the ones in the open world) were a step in the right direction as they had mechanics rather than just bigger numbers, but alas it seems Anet’s not really creating that kind of content anymore.

Vayne.8563

Southsun is a terrible zone. It shows that Anet doesn’t know how to make difficult content. They only know how to make bigger numbers: more mobs, bigger damage numbers, longer condition durations.

I thought Queen’s gauntlet’s silver bosses (including the ones in the open world) were a step in the right direction as they had mechanics rather than just bigger numbers, but alas it seems Anet’s not really creating that kind of content anymore.

They’re not? How about the bosses in the new path of Twilght Arbor which aren’t just bags of health and have mechanics.

We’ve only scraped the beginnings of what they’re creating. Saying that they brought out something that was only like a month or two ago and they’re not doing that since (when they have) seems to be a misinterpretation to me.

If something like that came out two months ago, and then TA new path came out, it seems they are creating better thought out encounters and we have to wait for them, because creating that stuff takes time.

I strongly suspect we’ll see a lot more of that in the future.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

They’re not? How about the bosses in the new path of Twilght Arbor which aren’t just bags of health and have mechanics.

We’ve only scraped the beginnings of what they’re creating. Saying that they brought out something that was only like a month or two ago and they’re not doing that since (when they have) seems to be a misinterpretation to me.

If something like that came out two months ago, and then TA new path came out, it seems they are creating better thought out encounters and we have to wait for them, because creating that stuff takes time.

I strongly suspect we’ll see a lot more of that in the future.

What I’m gathering from the forums is that people just spam Ac3 and CoE1, along other Queensdale zerg train then complain the game has no mechanics or challenging content.

Not trying to insult anyone, but that’s what I’m seeing.

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Running around in circles smashing some hp-bags, so thats their great vision of an MMO in 2013?
And a year after release Anet is still trying to figure out how to design their game.

Seems everyone can call himself a ‘Game Designer’ nowadays.

Please remind me, why is this game called “Guild Wars 2” again?

This won’t end well…

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

What you run around smacking, where you do it and how often if your choice. Just as getting into a large group and only hitting 1 is your choice. Many options out there that do not include this.

Vayne.8563

Running around in circles smashing some hp-bags, so thats their great vision of an MMO in 2013?
And a year after release Anet is still trying to figure out how to design their game.

It’s 2013, you’re right. For the last X number of years, the entire genre has basically revolved around the trinity. That’s changed. As with all changes of this type, it takes time to learn what you can and can’t do.

The game was clearly rushed. It had to be released. That’s a business decision just about every MMO has to come to terms with. The first year was all about fixing the game. Implementing guesting, a looking for group tool, dealing with culling and fixing a myriad of bugs (which they have). People claim bugs haven’t been fixed since launch but the list of bugs that have been fixed is a long one.

Now, they’re working on making encounters better. It’s business as usual in the MMO world. You either launch with a tiny game with nothing to do, or a big game with lots of bugs which you have to fix. Then you work on improving stuff.

Because very few companies can afford five years of development on a major project without seeing some return on it.

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

It’s 2013, you’re right. For the last X number of years, the entire genre has basically revolved around the trinity. That’s changed. As with all changes of this type, it takes time to learn what you can and can’t do.

The game was clearly rushed. It had to be released. That’s a business decision just about every MMO has to come to terms with. The first year was all about fixing the game. Implementing guesting, a looking for group tool, dealing with culling and fixing a myriad of bugs (which they have). People claim bugs haven’t been fixed since launch but the list of bugs that have been fixed is a long one.

Now, they’re working on making encounters better. It’s business as usual in the MMO world. You either launch with a tiny game with nothing to do, or a big game with lots of bugs which you have to fix. Then you work on improving stuff.

Because very few companies can afford five years of development on a major project without seeing some return on it.

You are actually totally right, and still this game is very enjoyable. And dont forget the collaborate development which mean they looking for ideas and content to add.

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Its quite sad how the MMO state of mind has evolved in to:

We do whatever gives the most rewards/is the most efficient farming method.

Even if that means:

- We have to repeat the same content over and over.
- That content isnt the most enjoyable content in the game.

Are these bots?

People use their timers and jump from 1 major event to the other. Ignoring the rest of the content in the zone.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Vayne.8563

Its quite sad how the MMO state of mind has evolved in to:

We do whatever gives the most rewards/is the most efficient farming method.

Even if that means:

- We have to repeat the same content over and over.
- That content isnt the most enjoyable content in the game.

Are these bots?

People use their timers and jump from 1 major event to the other. Ignoring the rest of the content in the zone.

Some people do use timers…but what percentage of the playerbase is it? I’d really like to know.

I suspect more people don’t do that than do…but it looks like everyone does, because events are where people gather. There might be as many or more people wandering around doing other things, but they’re not all together, so how could we know?

Xae Isareth.1364

Their vision for champions was that you’d go explore/wander around a zone, and a champion appears. You’re like ‘Woah!’ and call a small group of your buddies over to take it down. Not a massive Zerg of people abusing spawn timers and turning champs into a loot-production mechanism.

Now of they just randomise the timers and give a point to doing DEs, they get their vision.

Dafomen.7892

Well, persistent optimism and finding excuses for others was never one of my strong attitudes, so sorry for that.
But what I know is, if the “game designers” couldn’t come up with a great idea (vision) for an interesting combat mechanic over a period of five years and one additional year after release, there is very little hope that this will change with the same people in charge.

And we’re talking about the core mechanic in a game with 80% combat.

Like “ok, lets do domething revolutionary….let’s get rid of the trinity!”
The first question should’ve been: " and what mechanics can we come up with as replacement to make encounters interesting, engaging and challenging?"
The answer seems to have been “Uhmmmmmmmm….lets dumb everything down and then we’ll see”.

The MF dungeon (which most likely was an outsourced project anyway), over-the-top-Tequatl and now the new TA path are the best GW2 can offer, which -in my book- is very thin.

What we’ve got now is “circular-zerg-farming”, perfectly realized at Queens Jubilee, Invasions, Queensdale, Frostgorge, Cursed Shore.

Of course its my decision participating in those zergs, but that won’t change the lack of interesting combat and boss encounters per se.

Like a good friend told me after having “battled” the shatterer for the first time “well, that was probbly the most eyecandy and boring fight in a game I had to pleasure to waste my time on”. He hasn’t logged into GW2 since then.
In a game which has a stylized dragon as logo….what a let down.
Zaithan as climax of the "personaly story’? What a joke.

Lack of vision, that’s whats bothering me.

I don’t know why I am still here, maybe its because I don’t want to admit that Anet from GW1 is long gone and instead we’ve now got EAnet, which, and I agree to that, is the usual business concept of a gaming company today.

Personally, I don’t think this is a good perspective…

This won’t end well…

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

@OP:

Unfortunately, the farm route is the most visible. The largest example of which is the Scarlet invasions. Time and time again, I see people yell out in map chat, “Hurry and get this stage done so we can farm Captains!” Nobody wants to finish the event.

Why? Because the rewards do not match the effort. It is far more profitable to farm Captains than it is to finish the event.

This is the crux of the problem. As long as the rewards for an activity do not match the effort put into it, people will find other things to do. Think about it… Why should I go do event X that takes an hour only to get a few silver and a couple of greens and blues when I can go farm champs in FGS for the same amount of time and get roughly 20 times what I would have gotten from the event? I say 20 times because I can literally kill 20 champs in an hour, and get a couple of blues and a green or two with the occasional yellow for EACH CHAMPION.

Unfortunately, until ANet fixes that problem the people will farm champs or run the “easy gold” dungeon paths.

On the other hand, if you want to do other things, I see a lot of people calling out things to do in map chat in LA. There’s a couple of guilds that give a yell for guild missions and treks, and a few other people calling for different dungeons (not just the farms.) There are guilds out there who do things together (gasp!) and they are active on my server.

You didn’t say which region you are in, but if you are in NA, then by all means, whisper me in-game (same account name) annd we’ll group up.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

- Stopped doing Teq because he is too smart for me
- Do the other dragon events on parked characters
- Do temples on parked characters for guaranteed drops —> 90 Dragonite ore daily is good enough.

- Stopped farming Scarlet’s invasions because it is boring
- Stopped farming bosses in zerg trains because it is mindless
- Do invest on the TP instead to ‘keep up’ with inflation.

- Orr is mostly dead
- Living story is so-so
- Do fractals because ascended gear is better

- Do daily achievements
- Do log off and spend time more productively

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

World events that I want to participate in, that cannot be done due to absolutely no interest in doing them from the community.

That’s where I stopped reading. The whole part above made already no sense at all but then this sentence was just the best I’ve read today.

If you want to participate in events than do that. There are plenty of classes that can solo nearly all content that includes “group content” , if you know how to play the game. GW2 is not a so called “community” based game like other games. It doesn’t take a full community or group to get stuff done, if you have not noticed that yet lol. Just because you can not find a group doesn’t mean you are not able to do events or that the game is bad in general.

I do agree tho, GW2 is different than other mmo’s as I stated in many of my other posts and Anet has to make an decision when it comes to the future of the game, but that’s a other discussion.

I think or at least that’s how it sounds in the first part of your post is, that you compared GW2 with GW1 and have been disappointed after login. If you stop comparing GW2 with any other game out there, you might after a while find the so called edge and can get some entertainment out of the game. Might it be soloing content, socializing, instance runs or achievement hunts. That’s up to you. Good luck.

Dafomen.7892

Yeah, good solution…play an MMO and play it solo.

This is called “casual gaming” nowadays.

This won’t end well…

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I don’t believe that most people who make this claim on these forums have actually ever played a Korean grind MMO. Because it is nothing like the minimal grind in GW2.

slurpey.6014

I don’t believe that most people who make this claim on these forums have actually ever played a Korean grind MMO. Because it is nothing like the minimal grind in GW2.

16+ hours playtime every single day for 3 weeks and longer, to gain 1 item that might or might not drop but that you will need to reach or gain access to endgame content. Not purchasable on any TP or AH. That’s Korean Grind MMO and I really loved that game too

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

Well, persistent optimism and finding excuses for others was never one of my strong attitudes, so sorry for that.
But what I know is, if the “game designers” couldn’t come up with a great idea (vision) for an interesting combat mechanic over a period of five years and one additional year after release, there is very little hope that this will change with the same people in charge.

And we’re talking about the core mechanic in a game with 80% combat.

Like “ok, lets do domething revolutionary….let’s get rid of the trinity!”
The first question should’ve been: " and what mechanics can we come up with as replacement to make encounters interesting, engaging and challenging?"
The answer seems to have been “Uhmmmmmmmm….lets dumb everything down and then we’ll see”.

The MF dungeon (which most likely was an outsourced project anyway), over-the-top-Tequatl and now the new TA path are the best GW2 can offer, which -in my book- is very thin.

What we’ve got now is “circular-zerg-farming”, perfectly realized at Queens Jubilee, Invasions, Queensdale, Frostgorge, Cursed Shore.

Of course its my decision participating in those zergs, but that won’t change the lack of interesting combat and boss encounters per se.

Like a good friend told me after having “battled” the shatterer for the first time “well, that was probbly the most eyecandy and boring fight in a game I had to pleasure to waste my time on”. He hasn’t logged into GW2 since then.
In a game which has a stylized dragon as logo….what a let down.
Zaithan as climax of the "personaly story’? What a joke.

Lack of vision, that’s whats bothering me.

I don’t know why I am still here, maybe its because I don’t want to admit that Anet from GW1 is long gone and instead we’ve now got EAnet, which, and I agree to that, is the usual business concept of a gaming company today.

Personally, I don’t think this is a good perspective…

People zerging content doesn’t translate to that content having no mechanics.

Mechanics can be scaled only to a certain point, since coordination in the open world is something that more often than not doesn’t happen.

Try killing the Labyrinthine Horror with a a group of 5 people, some of them even upscaled. Solo/duo/three-man champions.

Sure, sometimes I wish myself that there were no red circles on the ground. Oddily enough, the champion grub that spawns near the megalaser cannon is one of the most enjoyable open world champion fights for me. You can’t see the red circles due to the water so you’re forced to pay attention to its actions, there are undead spawning all over the place (that sometimes will pull you into the fish), fish that will deal deadly damage if you step on them and other players/npcs that will make them explode and disappear only to have them re-appear at the most inopportune times. :P

It’s not like it wasn’t the same in GW1 though. First time through, you went out of your way to bring extra heals and damage control abilities in your 8-man party. Then as you got to know the content you gradually took more risks. People solo’ed the Underworld etc.

16+ hours playtime every single day for 3 weeks and longer, to gain 1 item that might or might not drop but that you will need to reach or gain access to endgame content. Not purchasable on any TP or AH. That’s Korean Grind MMO and I really loved that game too

Right!? I know people who camped the same boss for MONTHS for a certain skill scroll to drop. I spent 16+ hours/a day during 2x exp weekends with 3x exp boost items (for a total of 5x exp) to raise 10% of my level… The only way to even gain a decent amount of exp was pvping in that game, if you didn’t want to you were out of luck.
THAT’s a korean grind.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Right!? I know people who camped the same boss for MONTHS for a certain skill scroll to drop. I spent 16+ hours/a day during 2x exp weekends with 3x exp boost items (for a total of 5x exp) to raise 10% of my level… The only way to even gain a decent amount of exp was pvping in that game, if you didn’t want to you were out of luck.
THAT’s a korean grind.

Exactly. I’ve played Korean grind and i can’t believe people would compare GW2 to it. It is nowhere near the same. GW2 has grind, yes……….but go actually play a Korean grind MMO before trying to make that comparison here. Where you need to literally grind the same mobs, day in and out for months on end to gain half a level worth of exp, or like the above stated examples of months of grinding the same boss for a piece of equipment you actually need to progress. Or grinding the same 3 hour dungeon for more than a year for the last boss that has a literal 0.001% chance to drop 1 item you absolutely need to progress your gear.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The fact that my server has always, since release, had full WvW maps, almost always a queue, I think the OP is out of his mind to assume “the community” does champ trains. I am in three guilds that have 20-100 players on at any given time, and more at times, I never hear of anyone grinding or champ training. Just because 20+ players are in quennsdale doesn’t mean anything. Your making poor assumptions to suggest the trains of .000000001% of the player count represent "the community’

Almost every point the OP made, in my opinion, seems to be a hyperbole or an effort to take something a small crowd is doing ad label them as the community.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

WheezerX.4367

That was a lot of reading o-0;
So much hate :P

I’d like to start off by saying that I have played korean grinders; Ragnarok Online, Lineage 2, Silkroad Online, etc.. and in each of those games I have at least made 1 maxed out character.

Anyway, I say korean grinder because, while the actual “grinding” time isn’t nearly as long, as I said before and which was so conveniently cut out of people’s arguments, the process is there. It’s just doing one thing, over, and over, and over. So much content is just ignored because only certain one’s are really worth while.

I am unfortunately not a guardian, so I cannot just solo everything, I’m a naive fool and picked a class I thought was cool for my own personal taste, the warrior. I would have to buy all new gear and spend loads of gold in order to get my warrior set up to the point where he can do these things solo, but not as is. I actually went with something I thought I would thoroughly enjoy, instead of what I thought would completely dominate the game, and that seems to be a misguided choice. Misguided because as I am, I am uncapable of soloing content that needs to be solo’d, on an MMO which is the irony here, and unless I completely reroll the OP Guardian or rework my warrior into something that is solo capable (which is going to require way too much time and effort imo), I’m stuck relying on a community that has no interest in the majority of the game’s content, when I do. I’ve LFG’d, I’ve asked in Lion’s Arch, etc… Not enough people want to do a majority of the content for me to form a group that is capable of doing this content. They all just want to farm X event(s) in X map. As I said before, it’s always the same events for said map, never straying from the standard chains. (e.g. the queensdale boss chain, or the karka queen.)

I personally was very interested in the South Sun content, it seemed very interesting, but I could never fully appreciate it because I can’t solo the game. Again, my warrior isn’t built for solo god mode, but group DPS (‘zerk warrior, don’t be hatin’). It seems if I want to play the game according to some on this post, I have 2 options; Play a guardian, or re-make my warrior from the ground up with solo play in mind. On an MMO, solo play seems like a sin, especially in a game that the developers intended and promote group play tremendously.

If I didn’t cover something you argued, you probably quoted my tl;dr comment, in which case if you don’t have enough time to read my post, same to you.

edit That’s something else that bothers me, don’t quote me with an argument attached, but only quote half the kitten sentence, that’s some fox news crap.

(edited by WheezerX.4367)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Well, all I can tell you is that “doing something over and over” is hardly unique to Korean “grinder” MMOs. It’s consistent among ALL MMOs.

In your “robust” single player game, a single playthrough is around 50 hours (and that’s being fairly generous). MMO players will frequently have hours played totals in the THOUSANDS. Repetitive content is the norm.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gee, I do and have done all the content on my ranger, and it has no specific build. Sometimes, others wander by, so they also do the content. I thought warriors were supposed to be easier than the lowly ranger, but maybe not.

I guess you could join a guild…there are many that are happy to help their members do content they find difficult to do alone. Best of luck. =)

WheezerX.4367

I have a ranger I’ve been working on, I’m at lvl 78 with him, and I can say by far the ranger is very much more capable of soloing content then the warrior, simply because of pet cycling = OP.

I can agree with that chemiclord, it really isn’t “korean”, but it is still quite boring.

slurpey.6014

Why only Guardians can solo content? I have a Warrior but barely play that class, even tho it’s level 80 and fully geared but extremely boring to run around with. I solo’d a lot of content with my Necro, Elementalist or my Mesmer. All of them are level 80 and fully geared (do not attempt that in blue’s or whites lol).

I think if you are not in a large guild or don’t know people, especially those with the same interest then unfortunately you need to solo a lot of content. It will take a while till Anet makes some changes. And the reason I mentioned solo play is that you paid money for GW2. If you didn’t or if you don’t care then I’ll be honest with you, find a other game till the adjustments are made. I don’t mean that in a rude way but I know how boring it can be.

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I think if you are not in a large guild or don’t know people, especially those with the same interest then unfortunately you need to solo a lot of content. It will take a while till Anet makes some changes. And the reason I mentioned solo play is that you paid money for GW2. If you didn’t or if you don’t care then I’ll be honest with you, find a other game till the adjustments are made. I don’t mean that in a rude way but I know how boring it can be.

What adjustments are you talking about? Very few people joined this game with friends or guilds. I know I didn’t. I made friends and formed guilds in game. If your doing things solo, it is your own fault.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Their vision for champions was that you’d go explore/wander around a zone, and a champion appears. You’re like ‘Woah!’ and call a small group of your buddies over to take it down. Not a massive Zerg of people abusing spawn timers and turning champs into a loot-production mechanism.

Now of they just randomise the timers and give a point to doing DEs, they get their vision.

Champions need some sort of randomized spawning locations and train problem is solved, you can’t run same circles if your stations are changing places!

Xae Isareth.1364

Champions need some sort of randomized spawning locations and train problem is solved, you can’t run same circles if your stations are changing places!

Its not that simple. If people can’t farm champs, then no one would even bother going to Queensdale. Randomising the spawns on its own will just make more dead content in the game.

They need to first give an incentive to actually go back and revisit zones. The Karma nerf was a good start but they need to do more.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Take a break, a month or so. It seems that you simply burned out.
Or you may try out WvW or PvP as from your post I assume that you don’t play them much?

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

well people play mostly for progression. There are different kinds of progression, for example:

• vertical character progression. Make your character more powerful.
  • horizontal character progression. Make your character better looking.

What can you do to progress in these options? For new skins or more powerful gear/weapons you’ll need

• dungeon tokens
  • gold (stuff in the trading post like rare armor/weapons or for gem-purchases)
  • karma (Orr-gear)
  • ascended mats

Most of it you can get from doing open world content. But it’s really not efficient to do open world content, compared to dungeons. Why should people who care about progression do anything different than dungeons?

Now is the solution more gold from events? I don’t think so. More money for everyone would simply mean that the stuff you want from the trading post gets even more expensive. Why? Because some people can afford it.

So what should be the solution? Maybe exclusive stuff you only can get in the open world… But people farm these champions in the open world. Why is this bad? Because it’s the most efficient (?) way to farm gold outside of dungeons. Content different than that gets ignored by players (which is a pretty huge amount of interesting content).

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

I am at the same boat, my friends play WoW and I try to play GW2, now I don’t even update the game.

Xae Isareth.1364

well people play mostly for progression. There are different kinds of progression, for example:

• vertical character progression. Make your character more powerful.
  • horizontal character progression. Make your character better looking.

What can you do to progress in these options? For new skins or more powerful gear/weapons you’ll need

• dungeon tokens
  • gold (stuff in the trading post like rare armor/weapons or for gem-purchases)
  • karma (Orr-gear)
  • ascended mats

Most of it you can get from doing open world content. But it’s really not efficient to do open world content, compared to dungeons. Why should people who care about progression do anything different than dungeons?

Now is the solution more gold from events? I don’t think so. More money for everyone would simply mean that the stuff you want from the trading post gets even more expensive. Why? Because some people can afford it.

So what should be the solution? Maybe exclusive stuff you only can get in the open world… But people farm these champions in the open world. Why is this bad? Because it’s the most efficient (?) way to farm gold outside of dungeons. Content different than that gets ignored by players (which is a pretty huge amount of interesting content).

Or introduce new skills, and scatter the way you acquire them across the game. Make sure it takes time and effort to get all of them so people won’t just ‘grab and leave’.

New skills are both horizontal and objectively desired by everyone, making them the perfect carrots to get people to do certain content whilst not introducing a gear treadmill.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Regarding the bugs, you are right. But then again we know that it’s been rushed, so that long list of bug doesn’t matter that much.
That’s like saying “they fixed a lot of bugs since Alpha”. Of course they did, they had to if they wanted to make this game playable. Now some bugs aren’t really annoying, they just randomly happen and barely affect the game play. They can take some time to fix it.
However, when a year after the game has been released, I still encounter DE that are stuck, that’s utterly unbelievable. We should be past the stage where things aren’t working at all.

And that is what’s annoying with Anet : they barely touch old content and prefer to create more and more stuff. The stuff they create gets better with each new release, but the old stuff stays the same.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I can understand the champ farming zergs but I dislike them compared to the old pertinent/shelter zerg. Both were/are afflicted with kill credit issues, but at least the non-champ farms weren’t an endless game of keep-up.

Penet/Shelt was a lot more fun than the current Champ farm chase around. Not the least because there were pauses and times to move around between Penet/Shelt and the other nearby events that weren’t mad dashes to get there before they ended. It was social and people could chat, mess around with the nearby mobs and play with their gear. Then it went to too much time between events and turned into a ghost town.

It would be nice to have things paced enjoyably in Orr again.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

They do it because it’s one of the only ways of making money left in the game.

Everything else was ruined in favor of the obsession with the GW2 economy..i’m all for Economies in mmo’s but GW2 takes to the next level and kitten any fun in the process..

Its like animals scratching in the dirt to survive, that is champ farming..

Vayne.8563

Regarding the bugs, you are right. But then again we know that it’s been rushed, so that long list of bug doesn’t matter that much.
That’s like saying “they fixed a lot of bugs since Alpha”. Of course they did, they had to if they wanted to make this game playable. Now some bugs aren’t really annoying, they just randomly happen and barely affect the game play. They can take some time to fix it.
However, when a year after the game has been released, I still encounter DE that are stuck, that’s utterly unbelievable. We should be past the stage where things aren’t working at all.

And that is what’s annoying with Anet : they barely touch old content and prefer to create more and more stuff. The stuff they create gets better with each new release, but the old stuff stays the same.

But is it the same DE’s that are stuck or are they stuck at different points for different reasons? There where dozens and dozens of bugged events, and now there are far far less. Most have been fixed. It’s entirely possible the event bugs that you’re experiencing now HAVE been fixed and then a later update breaks them again. That counts as a new bug (and in fact could have a new cause), not an old one.

I strongly suspect just about all the original DE bugs were fixed.

WheezerX.4367

Guardians aren’t the only class that can solo the game, it was just an example. Although I personally feel they have a much easier time with it than others.

I have tried WvW, it’s quite dead a majority of the time for me it seems, I will wait for the next rotation to try it again though. sPvP… meh, I tried it once and a necromancer 1 v 5’d my team and won the game for them. We just couldn’t bring it down =/

I guess I could be burned out, but I’m not 100% on that, I still -really- want to play the game. I feel like I’m more frustrated that I can’t do MORE of the content because I don’t really have anyone to play with. Most of the friends that bought the game with me have quit due to no content to do at the time of release (they didn’t give any chance for content through updates.) and now they out right refuse to even log back in. The one friend that does still play has an incredibly demanding job it seems and only gets on for a few hours a week. So all in all I don’t think it’s an issue with being burned out, or I wouldn’t want to play at all.

Vayne.8563

Guardians aren’t the only class that can solo the game, it was just an example. Although I personally feel they have a much easier time with it than others.

I have tried WvW, it’s quite dead a majority of the time for me it seems, I will wait for the next rotation to try it again though. sPvP… meh, I tried it once and a necromancer 1 v 5’d my team and won the game for them. We just couldn’t bring it down =/

I guess I could be burned out, but I’m not 100% on that, I still -really- want to play the game. I feel like I’m more frustrated that I can’t do MORE of the content because I don’t really have anyone to play with. Most of the friends that bought the game with me have quit due to no content to do at the time of release (they didn’t give any chance for content through updates.) and now they out right refuse to even log back in. The one friend that does still play has an incredibly demanding job it seems and only gets on for a few hours a week. So all in all I don’t think it’s an issue with being burned out, or I wouldn’t want to play at all.

So why not find a guild of like minded players and play with them?

kRiza krimos.1637

Its not that simple. If people can’t farm champs, then no one would even bother going to Queensdale. Randomising the spawns on its own will just make more dead content in the game.

They need to first give an incentive to actually go back and revisit zones. The Karma nerf was a good start but they need to do more.

Farming champions is not what i consider content. If it is, then killing any mob in game is content.

Xae Isareth.1364

Champions are content. They’re part of DEs.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

You are claiming this game is a Korean grinder because the players are focusing on rewards.

I guess all MMOs are Korean grinders then.

Little correction m8:

“I guess all new MMOs are Korean grinders then.”

#ELEtism 4ever

kRiza krimos.1637

Champions are content. They’re part of DEs.

So all mobs are content? Since champions are just stronger mobs. If that is case, then that wolf at gendaran fields is content too.

Sry you logic is flawed.