My dyes have changed?

My dyes have changed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

My gloves are missing a dye channel. T3 Light.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

T3 Light armor (legs in particular) had so much texture and color blending options removed, not to mention dyes becoming brighter. All for an unnoticeable glow.

When people asked for armor glow, they wanted it ADDED to their set. Not to completely kill the detail in order to get glow.

+1 for reverting.

(edited by Striker.9413)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I’ve spent more time working on trying to re-dye my armour and I think the main problem I have with it is the inconsistency in terms of which element glows. On my chest piece it’s the primary, base colour, but on the legs it’s the highlight. Now, I’m sure this works fine in some combinations but I can’t replicate the colour scheme I was using without causing my chest piece to glow purple, when the rest of my body glows grapefruit/orange. To make the glows match ruins the gradient effect I had on the ‘skirt’ part.

Partly this is compounded by the fact that I can’t use any red, orange or yellow as a primary/base armour colour without ending up with a lot of green tones I do not want at all. (My base skin tone is purple so the greens do not come from that – they are just textured into all the Sylvari warm tones for some reason. This also limited my hairstyle options.) If there were any way to remove these extraneous colours from the reds/oranges/yellows I would have less of a problem but as it stands I am quite unhappy, as I don’t like either the out-of-place purple glow or the ‘negative’ colour effect, neither of which I can eliminate.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

We welcome both positive and negative feedback. That being said, we do require that you keep it respectful to our staff and to each other. Please be mindful of inflammatory language whilst posting.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

I love the sylvari look, but I’m generally not fond of this change. I feel like this has killed a lot of the subtle colour detail and skin pull-through that allowed the sylvari cultural armours to look ‘grown’.

I guess I’ll get used to it, but I think it looked much better before Sorry, Kristen. I know you work really kitten the sylvari aesthetics.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

i do not see the diference

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Oh, please, please, change it back! I can’t stand the flat, dull and lack of contrast/detail on my T3 armor. Why do you have to change things that aren’t broken without telling anyone?

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

I spent all my gold to buy this set only 2 weeks ago and it became my inspiration to play that character. Considering I bought a makeover kit with real life money to remove the glow effect as it became unpleasing to see, I find this armour change extremely saddening. I genuinely don’t want to log into my main character anymore.

Please change the appearance back to how it was or give an option to disable the glow.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I wouldn’t mind if they tidy up the pants on T3 Heavy, but I’m not liking the texture simplification on the T3 Light/Med. Glow is nice, though.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Attached comparison. The dyes in the dye slots are consistent between the two.

So much texture was lost with the change, and dye slots no longer correspond to the same place on the armor. This change really needs to be reverted.

Attachments:

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Does this mean… CoF flames getting option to be dyed soon?

This would be the best change ever.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Rocknrollbaby.8012

Rocknrollbaby.8012

My opinion is that the result is bad. It was way better before the patch. Thanks for your work, but for this time… It wasn’t worth it. Please make a reverting. We lose so much details on the design.

But here is the main point I’d like to underscore :

Making a “dark red” dye going to a “light pinky color” at night is a very bad idea at my opinion.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Seems like the changes were made with the best of intentions. That said, perhaps a switch could be added so that dye reverts to its old behavior? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and apparently these changes won’t please everyone; and yes, some of the dyes out there are expensive.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

As much as I hate the change, at least the light armour keeps dye colours pretty much the same. As as medium user (I also have T3 light on 2 characters, by the way) I lose the way I used to look entirely. The red on my character’s arms and on the inner back leaves is just gone completely and there is no way to dye it in a way to make it come back in the same way. The same counts for the boots that had little red spots over the heels. I’ve had many people tell me that’s what they loved about my character and I feel robbed now. I’m a roleplayer, it’s how my character has looked like for a long time.

Like was said before: You can’t just change things after a year. If you want to add glow, then make a new set, because this is not what I bought and you will alienate a lot of people who bought the set for what it looked like, including me.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Davin.5784

Davin.5784

I feel like I have much less control now. The glow has completely taken over an area on the T3 Light Sylvari chest that was affected by dye and now it’s impossible to match the chest with my armor set up. Since beta I haven’t heard anyone in my guild or on my server ever complain about the glow on the Sylvari armor… I feel like these changes are a waste of time and effort that should have been spent elsewhere.

My dyes have changed?

Davin.5784

Furthermore… this armor has been in the game for a year. You shouldn’t change it at all… You completely wasted the time and effort of everyone who got it for what it used to look like… I had enough trouble getting this armor to begin with and now I don’t even want to wear it any more.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I bought T1 for my syvlari necro because I liked how it was. If I was unhappy with the original design, I would not have bought it. Now it’s been changed to something I don’t like.

I think this might be fine if the glow color had its own channel. As is, in order to have the armor glow matching my character’s glow, I have to make a large portion of the armor (all of the leaf tips/edges) red. So now I am stuck with either a mis-matched glow color I don’t want, or an armor color I don’t want.

I was happy. I’d like to have the armor I paid for.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: denDAY.9650

denDAY.9650

In light of the changes being deliberate, I vote that a toggle button is added on current gear that makes you able to choose between the original color-design and the new color-design. Then for future gear you can fully implement the new style ans eliminate the old.

It’s dangerous to make cosmetic changes to existing gear, and a lot of people have been affected by this in a negative way, it seem.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Renske.6178

Renske.6178

Seems like the changes were made with the best of intentions. That said, perhaps a switch could be added so that dye reverts to its old behavior? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and apparently these changes won’t please everyone; and yes, some of the dyes out there are expensive.

I agree, it’s a very nice idea to let people have more glows and let them control it, but the fact that the way dyes are reacting to the armor changed with it is a bad surprise for many people. I have no doubt it was done with nice intentions and it’s great that Sylvari and their glow receive some tweaks and attention. I have no knowledge of rendering/creating things in games, but could it be possible to add a slot for the glow without affecting the existing dye channels or add a switch between the old/new way of handling dyes?

My dyes aren’t that expensive, but people who spent many gold on the colors that are just perfect for them and find them changed aren’t very happy, which I can understand.

I would love the option to switch back to the old style on my thief. Because on her, the new way of glowing and the way dyes are handled just doesn’t work out nicely. The screenshot shows how it changed her colors (the TA gloves are actually dyed differently so that’s not due to the patch).

Before I made use of the natural red-ish effects the T3 armor had, because I liked it and it fit with my style. With this patch that effect has been removed, surely it can be an improvement for other people, but personally I’m a bit disappointed that my colors changed because I really liked them as they were!

I really like it for the T1 light armor though, so for my other characters I’d like to keep the new effects, so a on/off button or some other workaround would be perfect!

I hope this issue won’t keep devs from working on the Sylvari though. This one turned out a bit badly for some of us but personally I greatly appreciate that our feedback and ideas are taken into consideration.

Attachments:

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Just adding my voice as an unhappy t3 sylvari light armor wearer. Please consider reverting this. I understand that people asked for control over glowing armor regions, and it’s great that you guys are working to accommodate requests, but this change does not seem to have been implemented in a way that works well for most people, or at least most of the people who have spoken up here.

Attachments:

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I don’t have a Sylvari anymore. I deleted mine because it was dull looking etc. Even tho some people might not see it, but most of the pictures look better after than before. And i do not mean that in a offensive way, I am just saying that the “after” look is more glowy and colorful. That should of been done at the beginning and I wouldn’t have deleted mine :/

My dyes have changed?

Davin.5784

I don’t have a Sylvari anymore. I deleted mine because it was dull looking etc. Even tho some people might not see it, but most of the pictures look better after than before. And i do not mean that in a offensive way, I am just saying that the “after” look is more glowy and colorful. That should of been done at the beginning and I wouldn’t have deleted mine :/

I guess that’s your opinion… but obviously the people who play Sylvari and bought the armor bought it because it looked a way that they liked and they are unhappy with these changes because it takes away from the detail. The after looks are more glowy, but they are definitely not more colorful, just brighter. There are less colors in all of the after pictures. They look as if you’ve turned the contrast up too high on your monitor.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Weir.5691

Weir.5691

I don’t mind the change that much, all I want is a dye that will replace the sunset-dye I had.
http://i.imgur.com/14Y4zU2.jpg

EDIT: I must admit it looks much more flat now and that I don’t like that. :/

(edited by Weir.5691)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

Sylvari split in half by heavy T1 armor.
Also, texture on legs looks like it was stretched from a much smaller sample than was enough for smooth look. Like magnified jpeg or something…

Attachments:

(edited by Aelaren.3784)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Hating this change too on my T3 female light. It makes the front look a different colour than the sides and back as well as it making the front just look too flat. In game the glow makes my characters boobs glow like a neon sign from a strip bar or something

I’m using Evening Grass and Emerald dyes.

Please give an option to turn this off or give it a seperate dye channel with an option to use no colour. I liked my Sylvari Necro look but now it’s ruined.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Hi everyone,

Well it looks like my release notes weren’t added to explain this, so I’ll try to allay the confusion. Yes, some of the cultural armor has gone through some major updates. Folks have been vehemently requesting that the cultural armors glow, and they have been confused at the old glows that were there. This confusion was because a lot of the dye-to-skin blends on stems would glow the skin color, but not their chosen glow color.

In updating the armors, this comes with particular considerations. The armor glows are not on the same system as the body glow, so they will only glow the color of the area dyed. Armor glow also does not play well with alpha, so I have to avoid any alpha edges. The problem with this is most of those areas that look good glowing are also some of the areas that blend to skin. Armor glow also negates specularity.

So. What this means for you is, to add your glow, I reworked the dye channels to give you the largest choice and control possible over the glow. The areas that glow are now selectable for you. Some of the textures are also better balanced to give you more consistent results… you won’t have to guess what color you need to find to make the red feel red, for example. It will just work.

This currently affects Medium Tier 2 (legs will be re-addressed for better glow and dye alignment, sorry about that, it got past me) and Tier 3, Light Tier 1 (female only), and Light Tier 3. The other weights and tiers will be assessed for a similar pass to give glow or upgrade glow results when possible.

I’ve been hearing your cries to get more glow on the sylvari and am doing my best to give you more control over your character customization.

Our cries about glows?

What about our cries about Cultural Tier3 Medium Sylvari completely hiding Fractal Backpiece FULLY Upgraded? This hasnt been adressed for 12 monthes. The two most expensive armor sets. Its a shame you care more about “glow” than actual armor.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Nefara.2186

Nefara.2186

Re: the “waxy” look being gone, Kristen said that was a result of having to pick either glow or a specular map, and choosing glow. Specular maps are what give certain areas of the body or armor more or less shininess.

But I don’t think it’s the loss of the specular that’s bothering most people, I think it’s the other tweak she mentioned here:

Kristen Perry

Some of the textures are also better balanced to give you more consistent results… you won’t have to guess what color you need to find to make the red feel red, for example. It will just work.

I think a lot of us very much preferred the gradient and more varied colors we got from different dyes, allowing us to work with a way more rich and interesting palette than other races. Having the colors suddenly be flat like they are on cloth armors removes a lot of the interest and detail that fading from light to dark and from reds to greens and purples to blues offers. Sure, it’s a bit unpredictable but it was unique and beautiful.

Please consider at least reverting that change.

Musically inclined individual forever on the lute treadmill.
Check out my songs for the harp !
My guide for beginners!

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Chisame.8316

Chisame.8316

I play GW2 since the presales and during that time there were many unpleasent updates for me. But this update drives me to complain in the official forum for the first time. (Also I’m from germany so please excuse if my sentences sounds strange, I hope you understand them.)

I was quiet shocked, after I saw the Sylvari Necromancer of one of my friends today after the update. His Sylvari was wearing a dark green T3 light cultural armor, but today it looked like lime green. At first I thought he changed the colours. Then I logged in with my Sylvari Necromancer and felt that the colours doesn’t fit at all. I matched the colour of the armor with the colour of her hair. So I noticed the colour is too bright. Then taken a closer look I realized not just the colours changed, also the textures were less detailled. After that I recognized, that some parts were glowing. But unfortunatly not in the colour my Sylvari glows. (I really don’t like this fact too)
So here is another disappointed Sylvari-fan. I would be so happy if it were possible to fully colour the heavy Nightmare Court-armor because of my characters skincolour there are huge mismatched parts of the colour of the armor. But this update didn’t give more colour options; It changed the way the existing colour looks and it took away details of the armor. So instead that I could customize my armors more, It ended up that the colours doesn’t fit, details were removed and the new glowing doesn’t fit either.
I’m also very scared that you plan to do the same to some of the other armors too.

PS: This question is a bit offtopic, but I have some armors with clipping defect like the stomach comes through the armor while breathing and so on and I also reported it. So is there only the adding of glow to the Sylvari armors, or is there a graphic team which also works on such clipping issues?

Attachments:

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I have to agree that the sylvari armor should go back to the way it was and offer a set with the changes as a different set. Maybe have an exchange npc for a limited time so people can choose to exchange their t3 original for the t3 new.

My t2 is not yet affected, and I don’t know if I’ll like or dislike this. What I do know is my t3 female human set cost me over 180g (not including dye) to build; first the cultural rare armor, then a set of exotic (which was much cheaper then), then the rune set. It also cost me 6 perfect transmutation stones. My human female now has the armor look and stats I want. If that got changed on me after spending all that, I’d be a bit upset too.

I trust Kirsten! I love the look of the sylvari which she is mostly responsible for. I love that female charr are real animal warrior goddesses and not kitty girls with cleavage. I don’t love the idea of changing expensive armor without even a warning.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Poki.8235

Poki.8235

I am also a bit unhappy at this change. I has my sylvari mostly the way I wanted her. (Female Thief – Twilight Arbor Head and Shoulders, Fiery Vambraces, Tier 3 Chest, Pants and Boots)
My only gripe was the lack of dyeable areas on my boots and the fact that I never could get my chest leaves to color just right, they always came out too dark. But it wasn’t really that big.

Now I’m honestly pretty angry. When I first loged in my sylvari looked like a white cucumber. I started messing with the dyes but I can’t get anything that looks close to what I had before, and I have extra annoyances.

1) I died the glowable areas of my chest armor Red. If I’m not glowing, they are red. If I am glowing they are PINK! My base sylvari glow is max intensity red! Where does the pink come from? It’s like it’s completely ignoring any part of my actual character and just glowing white, it looks horrible.

2) My chest armor is Green, and glowable areas are red. My pants however don’t have a separate dye for the glow! I can either have them be green and glow white-ish, or have them be red and glow pink-ish. T3 Medium Pants only really have 1 dye spot cause the rest is covered up by T3 Medium Boots.

3) My forearms used to glow a very pretty orange color because my inner glow was meshing with the green of my armor. Now they don’t do that, I can just have red elbows.

4) My boots had red vines on the heels (again, from my red glow). Now they don’t.

5) The whole armor used to be a lot more shiny, as if the leaves were slightly damp. Now they’re just flat.

The only good thing is that my chest leaves now dye a bit better.

Here are some screenshots.
Gallery of my character before: http://imgur.com/a/1P2XT#0
Gallery of my character after*: http://imgur.com/a/zDuLm#0
Pastebin with my old colors listed: http://pastebin.com/676bcd6T

• First 2 pictures are the initial login screen, other show in-game how the glow looks after I re-dyed myself a bit. Note that I can’t dye pants to just glow red or white without changing the color of the entire pants. Forearms and boots lost detail. Nothing is shiny. I glow pink when dyed red.

I’m also requesting a revert to this change. I understand that the intentions might have been in the right place but the end result is less then desirable. I think I’m speaking for a lot of people when I say that we preferred blending with out skin color instead of this.

Tyria… the dragons have always been here…

(edited by Poki.8235)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Tetonica.2819

Tetonica.2819

I’d like to add my voice to this as well. I greatly prefer the look of the old armour to this new style. The complexity and colour scheme gave the armour an organic, unique, plant-like feel, which I think was the intent in the first place.

I absolutely appreciate the work that’s been put into these new skins and I hope that the negative feedback doesn’t weigh too heavily on you. I agree that it would be best for everyone to simply add these skins as another choice in the shop rather than forcing them onto people that don’t want them and/or were happy with their characters as they were. You can never go wrong with adding more choices and option to the game

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: RED sancho.1382

RED sancho.1382

omg fix it please

picture 1 before
picture 2 after the patch

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Not too much difference on mine but there IS difference. It’s a lot duller than before.

edit: In night it’s quite good. It retains the high constrast from the old pic. I don’t know why it becomes gray in the day tho.

edit2: I really appreciate your effort of change. But is it possible to do it while retaining the detail or gloss?

Attachments:

(edited by Afya.5842)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I’m one of the very few that LOVES this change, my sylvari was a black skinned-blue glow with T3 medium that was similarly dyed, it really makes me stand out and is prefect with my arah weapons, I really like the stand-out glow at night time and I’m really happy about this change.

But I see the problem with peoples armor, it DOES look a lot duller and I’m sorry it didn’t turn out better. ;/

The first 2 are my updated looks, the last is what it was before (forgive me for the crappy graphics, but you get the idea)

Attachments:

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

(edited by Lunar Sunset.8742)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

I would like to add my five cents. Firstly sorry about being so impulsive about the change. We really do appreciate you work and changes you try to do. Nevertheless, this change has turned out badly for majority of us. To be honest, I haven’t heard more than couple of people complaining about the lack of glow – we simply liked the armor as it was.
This change however, has destroyed the looks we have all been working for. You cannot simply change what has been good after 1 year – you should have added new armor that would incorporate nice glow patterns. That way people wanting more glow would be happy while keeping the rest of us content. Now you have opened a pandora box. Nothing makes people more angry than some downgrade to their characters, and changing the armor look for the worse is something like that. It can successfully stop people from playing for a while, believe me.

In favor of glowing armor (which again we didn’t need, we loved it as it was) you have sacrificed textures and great dye patterns. We were left with bland armors, with hardly dyeable parts. Same dye has completely different tint on different armor pieces. Armor looks way worse and that’s just not my opinion.
As for the glow its hardly usable. I’ll give an example – my Female Sylvari Necro has a T3 Light Armor. She has Black skin, Midnight Sky hair and Streamlet glow. The armor was dyed with Midnight Sky as the main dye, Midnight Ice and accented with Blue Sky to go with the Streamlet glow. All that was made, along with Pale sky eyes, with Frostfang and Corrupted Weapons in mind. After the change not only the colors got reverted and do not match, but the glow on the armor is WHITE! So if I wanted my armor to glow like my char does I would be forced to dye it mainly in blue tinted dye. This is on contrary to what has been stated, giving us actually less possibilities to look good.

I know that you wanted it to come out nice, but something so radical like this has to be announced in advance so you could hear the feedback on in. People wouldn’t rage like they do now (i don’t blame them) but simply give their opinion that they do not want it. but you decided to change it without notice and it made players angry.

And last but not least…let’s get to some begging… PLEASE, Please DO revert this change! It made our sylvari’s look way worse! Please listen to us and give us back our armor looks. If people want more glow than make them new armors.

We want back our clothes! Winter is coming!

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: BlackSparrow.3120

BlackSparrow.3120

Please please revert this change. The loss of all of that texture and detail for the sake of more glow is just too much. Apart from anything the Sylvari now look completely stylistically removed from their environment because the environment art is so much more subtle and “waxy” as others have put it. We have been playing for a year now with the old art and I haven’t seen any uproar about glow. Losing those details for a dubious improvement that will only affect, if I remember the day/night cycle correctly, the 40% of playtime when the glow is actually visible is not a fair trade.

And finally to echo what has been said already: it is generally a bad idea to change a reward that players have spent time earning without a very very good reason.

(edited by BlackSparrow.3120)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Re: the “waxy” look being gone, Kristen said that was a result of having to pick either glow or a specular map, and choosing glow. Specular maps are what give certain areas of the body or armor more or less shininess.

But I don’t think it’s the loss of the specular that’s bothering most people,

That is EXACTLY what is bothering me. The specular map is what made the T3 armor so flippin’ cool. Now that it’s gone, it’s absolutely rubbish with little to no distinguishing factors to redeem the ~100g I dropped on the set.

The re-working of textures, as you say, is ALSO a big problem.

None of this should have ever happened. And if it were “in the works,” the player base should have been made aware it was coming. I would have saved my 100g.

This change absolutely needs to be reverted.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just one question: Why did the armor pieces that had less than 4 color slots not all get an additional color slot added to manage the intended new flexibility?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Calmcacil.4976

Calmcacil.4976

The only thing that ever bothered me with the female medium Sylvari t3 was that we couldn’t choose the secondary colour of some dye pieces (ie. the heel bit of the boots). I would have wanted those pieces to get another dye slot where that bit could be chosen, not that the secondary dye would be removed completely. This makes the armor look simpler as the multitude of colours has been reduced to two.

I appreciate that you tried to give players what they asked for but due to the danger of updating existing gear and the change being difficult to do, I really think it would have been best to offer the updated one as a new armor set. Some weapons can have multiple legendaries so some races could have multiple cultural armor.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: poipo.9580

poipo.9580

This is a terrible choice, the new texture are dull and of much lower quality than the old ones. VERY glad I pushed back buying t3 armor for my ele.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: dreadicon.5840

dreadicon.5840

So, The whole deal with the glow, honestly? I never noticed it. Not unless it was night, in a poorly lit area, AND I was looking for it specifically. The shiny, rainbow effect that the T3 medium armor had before I found to be far more unique and interesting. Letting the player dye the glow is nice and all, but very much not worth the loss to the armor’s unique aspects it once had. It is plain, washed out, and cheap-looking now. No manner of dye tweaking helps, either. I am sorry to say it, but this was a very, very big mistake.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: eleutheria.5396

eleutheria.5396

Please, PLEASE revert the armor. All of the colors are now flat and dull, and even a 100 gold dye BARELY does anything to improve it. I spent months gathering enough gold to get medium tier 3, and now I feel it’s completely wasted.

I loved the way it was – the way dyes were unpredictable, how every piece was multi-hued, and the speckled pattern made it look highly detailed and high quality.

Now every dye looks cheap, the colors don’t blend (in the beautiful way they did before), and even the legendaries I got (and spent a year on) no longer match any dye combination I have. I understand wanting to improve armor – but you did exactly the opposite. I second others that have said have the old armor as an option, or release a new set of armor with your changes.

I want what I bought.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

But I don’t think it’s the loss of the specular that’s bothering most people, I think it’s the other tweak she mentioned here:

Kristen Perry

Some of the textures are also better balanced to give you more consistent results… you won’t have to guess what color you need to find to make the red feel red, for example. It will just work.

I think a lot of us very much preferred the gradient and more varied colors we got from different dyes, allowing us to work with a way more rich and interesting palette than other races. Having the colors suddenly be flat like they are on cloth armors removes a lot of the interest and detail that fading from light to dark and from reds to greens and purples to blues offers. Sure, it’s a bit unpredictable but it was unique and beautiful.

Please consider at least reverting that change.

Completely agree with this. The dynamic colors on those armor pieces is what really made them awesome.
Old color scheme + added glow would have made tons of ppl happy instead of the opposite for sure

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I didn’t even notice.
I just checked my T2 and it seems the pants pulse glow now. o.O
The boots don’t glow but dye darker than before. (I think there’s some small blotches or greenish blue on them too, even though they’re only dyed black and white).
I don’t have the body piece anymore to see if it’s changed.

They used to be a grayish shade (my skin color) that generally made me look pantsless, now they’re black and glow white. Apparently Abyss glows white.

Changing the glow color is pretty noticeable. Hmm, I have always been dissatisfied with the coloring look/options with the T2 so could be a good thing but don’t really have an opinion at the moment. Although I’m not sure I like the pulsing over the glow in dark method~ Maybe if I can find a dye closer to my body glow color, idk.

last pic is how it was before.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: luxymonsteri.1078

luxymonsteri.1078

Yeah sorry but no, no this is not good at all. Between the better colours and glow, I’ll have the colours, because in the end they play to the overall much more than the glow that can only be seen during the night. I personally don’t like the way the armour looks like with shaders either.
Yeah, sorry, the old one’s better. But you tried though. E for effort.

Attachments:

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

I can empathize with those who are upset about the changes to sylvari armor, since I’m fairly obsessive about my armor/dye setups. It’s unfortunate that this change was made without communicating a warning to players who were already vested in the affected pieces.

I’m especially surprised that the change was made when there are still actual bugs on other armor skin textures that need to be fixed. This includes the heavy female sylvari t1 cultural armor, which I’ve been asking to be fixed for about a year now. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it, especially when there are broken skins that could have been fixed instead.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

Sylvari split in half by heavy T1 armor.
Also, texture on legs looks like it was stretched from a much smaller sample than was enough for smooth look. Like magnified jpeg or something…

Yes yes YES PLEASE fix this. I’ve been complaining about this for a YEAR now. I’m so happy to see somebody else notice this bug and report it!

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Okay, this doesn’t affect me; however, I find it necessary to comment.

Other than obvious bug fixes, existing armors and even weapons should never be changed. Spend your time designing new things and leave the existing alone. People who like them use them and people who don’t, don’t.

It’s quite scary if we need to pay attention to every suggestion or request made by anyone because some designer might listen to and use that as an excuse to change something we like.

Again, this needs repeating, if we’re using something it is because we like the way it looks so please leave it alone. And, if you see a demand for a changed version, then make a new one that’s a variation of it.

+10000

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

The last patches sylvari cultural armor change got me thinking. What’s the point of grinding for skins and aesthetics when all that time and effort might get nullified every 2 weeks?

The reason why I picked Sylvari as my first race was the fact that I could mix and match different shades and colors, the way their cultural clothing looks like and how simple dyes can give completely different results on my armors. Now all of a sudden all that effort is gone. Completely out of the blue they changed how my armors react to different dyes, different shades and now even the most expensive dyes in the game look like they came out of the starter set.

I’ve been playing this game for 3,000 hours of which 2,500 hours I’ve spent on my main perfecting her looks. I’ve spent ludicrous amounts of gold and gems to get her to look like the way I like it. I’ve bought every single dye available in the game to be soulbound on one single character because of how differently every single dye reacted.

The thing that I’m worried about is that what’s the point of grinding for looks when it might look completely different the next day? Why get a legendary weapon when it might be a teddybear that shoots cottoncandy the next day.

If I’m buying something it is because I like the way it looks like now, not because it might look good in the future.

My dyes have changed?

Posted by: NEOS.9206

NEOS.9206

No no no don´t change itt back.. i love the changes..

http://imgur.com/a/9uIvu

I´m so shiny now i´m already received the Skritt shiny award 2013 !!