My first EVER attempt in the Forge.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

Bought 9 rare Shortbows. First 4 i throw in. The Lover. Thank you Zomorros and the RNG gods.

Attachments:

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

and with that you have used up your supply of luck for the next….10 years.

#ELEtism

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Zommie must be in love with you. As your lover he shows you his love with “The Lover”. That does make sense.

GZ.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Proof that RNG works!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

zBluRrYz.1347

Proof that RNG works!

YES. I originally spent 40g on Shortbows but cancelled the orders since i thought it was a waste. That’s why i had 9, it’s just what orders had been filled when i cancelled them all. So i said screw it and went to go toss em all in and the first 4 gave me that

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I knew I was going to hate you, even before I opened the thread. I mean, gratz! :P

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I still don’t know how that forge works. I don’t like reading guides I suppose. I just throw some stuff in there and see what happens, usually some junky spear.

The Burninator

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

if my theory of account bound luck is correct, you should try again with something else…

my boyfriend looted his precursor and mystic forged mine… while i was still collecting mats and money…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

zBluRrYz.1347

if my theory of account bound luck is correct, you should try again with something else…

my boyfriend looted his precursor and mystic forged mine… while i was still collecting mats and money…

I don’t believe that. I had to open 2300 Coffers for a Jade Weapon Ticket.

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I still don’t know how that forge works. I don’t like reading guides I suppose. I just throw some stuff in there and see what happens, usually some junky spear.

Most of the time, throwing in random items will get you random items. There are some recipes out there for high end items, like mystic weapons.

But if you throw in four of the same type of items, like four spears, you’ll always get a spear back.

You also have a small chance (roughly 20%) of getting back an item of a higher level than the objects you put in. For example, putting in four green short bows, can get you a yellow short bow. Throwing in four yellow short bows will most likely get you a yellow short bow, but might also get you an exotic one, including, VERY rarely, a precusor.

Throwing in four exotic showbows will give you a better chance of getting the precusor.

The OP was very lucky.

Gratz OP!

Posted by: AlabamaKush.3246

AlabamaKush.3246

Congratulations you have now made everyone working on a legendary insanely jealous with your awesome luck

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Yeah well i got the Traveler’s Ceremonial Sword of Accuracy the first time I put anything in the mystic toilet.

zBluRrYz.1347

Yeah well i got the Traveler’s Ceremonial Sword of Accuracy the first time I put anything in the mystic toilet.

That’s good too xD

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Congrats.

Same thing happened to me. First time I used MF, I threw in four rare daggers from Fractals and got Spark. Sold it to buy the Lover SB, finish T3 armor set and buy miscellaneous other things needed to make the Dreamer.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I don’t believe that. I had to open 2300 Coffers for a Jade Weapon Ticket.

Got 3 of those plus 12 of the wings. Sold all the wings which went for between 18.5 gold and the cheapest was about 12.5 gold. I destroyed the tickets.

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Who is ‘Zommoros’? And what does he have to do with the Mystic Toilet?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

It’s too bad A net doesn’t want people to use short bow by constantly nerfing it. But gratz on your first step to the legendary short bow!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zommoros

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Zommoros is the faithful guardian of our legendary toilet. He has many jobs, one of which is to constantly clean, polished, and make it attractive to the citizens of Tyria. Whenever the urge hits you, just remember to pay respect to Zommoros for keeping your behind clean.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

You have a Colossus in your bag, correct me if i’m wrong doesn’t that take the Forge to make? so its not your first attempt at the forge..

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Best part about that screenshot: Lion’s Arch in Fort Aspenwood!!!

I’m surprised there’s no quaggan talk :o

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Most of the time, throwing in random items will get you random items. There are some recipes out there for high end items, like mystic weapons.

But if you throw in four of the same type of items, like four spears, you’ll always get a spear back.

You also have a small chance (roughly 20%) of getting back an item of a higher level than the objects you put in. For example, putting in four green short bows, can get you a yellow short bow. Throwing in four yellow short bows will most likely get you a yellow short bow, but might also get you an exotic one, including, VERY rarely, a precusor.

Throwing in four exotic showbows will give you a better chance of getting the precusor.

The OP was very lucky.

Gratz OP!

It should be noted that while the above is the end of the story for high level items(76+?). That is not the case for lower level items. If you toss in 4 lv60 greens it is also possible to end up with something like a lv65 blue.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s a typical gambler’s fallacy. That theory is false by default.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

zBluRrYz.1347

You have a Colossus in your bag, correct me if i’m wrong doesn’t that take the Forge to make? so its not your first attempt at the forge..

I mean for a precursor. First attempt at that.

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: JohnSar.2837

JohnSar.2837

Cool story bro

zBluRrYz.1347

Cool story bro

There’s a second book if you’d like

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

The rich gets richer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

It’s a typical gambler’s fallacy. That theory is false by default.

my theory can be false by default but in my guild we have 2 players (one of which is my boyfriend) that gets all the luck, they always found tickets in chests, they often get exotic from mystic forge, they often get charged lodestone from orrian jewelry box, they both looted one precursor and mystic forged one etc etc, while other people get a low level of luck or medium ground of luck. but never that costant stream of good things thrown at their face

edit: our guild luck is that these 2 guys are particularly selfless and unless shinies are account bound they are helping the entire guild with money and precursors

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

(edited by Amadan.9451)

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

You’re officially the current #1 on the list of people I hate, you lucky kitten.

Congrats

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The OP was very lucky.

Gratz OP!

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. I will admit I have not tested it that often. Most of the time I’ve only done it when it was part of the daily and I had a few blues I couldn’t sell above vendor value. I just picked random ones from my inventory. The result was getting back something about the same value as one of the items I tossed in. Granted it was usually something like blue staff, blue shield, blue focus, blue trident. I think I will save greens and yellows for some time when my wealth has increased.

The Burninator

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

I just logged in.
I heard blurry got precursor, so I went to get some rares to mystic forge them.
And………. The Legend.
Aw yiss.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This is why I have no interest in playing this game currently. Id rather play neverwinter.
RNG is bad, very bad in any game. It isnt making this process of acquiring a legendary any more epic.

Why was this type of stuff put in the game based on RNG? You call yourselves developers? Was this mutually agreed upon and nodded on in some conference room over at arenanet? Did you really think RNG would sit well with the playerbase?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

I don’t know man.
I put it on TP. Hope somebody buys it.
I have never interested in precursors or legendaries.

My game experience was pretty good, even before I got this precursor.
So precursors and legendaries doesn’t affect that much overall the game in my opinion.

zBluRrYz.1347

This is why I have no interest in playing this game currently. Id rather play neverwinter.
RNG is bad, very bad in any game. It isnt making this process of acquiring a legendary any more epic.

Why was this type of stuff put in the game based on RNG? You call yourselves developers? Was this mutually agreed upon and nodded on in some conference room over at arenanet? Did you really think RNG would sit well with the playerbase?

ENG is is ways needed in an MMO to keep people playing.

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

MY GOD DON’T GO OUTSIDE, A kitten PIANO WILL FALL ON YOU!!!

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Im glad for you. When I see you in game ill know how much you’ve worked for it.

zBluRrYz.1347

Im glad for you. When I see you in game ill know how much you’ve worked for it.

I already “Worked” for a legendary. Took my 650 hours of gametime to get a Sunrise.

Legends Never [DIE].

Posted by: Drayven.6408

Drayven.6408

You sir… Should have spent that luck on a Quick Picks Lottery Ticket… Oh well

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Congratulations! It is always nice to see someone get that lucky! The Fates are fickle but if their finger is on you, well!!!! Thank your lucky stars!

zBluRrYz.1347

Congratulations! It is always nice to see someone get that lucky! The Fates are fickle but if their finger is on you, well!!!! Thank your lucky stars!

Thank you lucky stars xD

Legends Never [DIE].