My friend bought Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boftar.5923

Boftar.5923

I just started to play Guild Wars 2 again and persuaded my friend to buy it so we could play together, but the problem is that he isn’t having to good of a time playing it. What’s the things we could do to make sure that he keeps playing and that he likes the game?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

i dont’ know. depend on what your friend likes.

does your friend like pvp? the sPvP can be fun to play.

there’s a website called meta battle which shows some good build for pvp. i think gw2 pvp is quite good.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Is he leveling up? My understanding is that leveling up a new character is no longer much fun with all the limitations. Perhaps personal story or exploring with him until he is leveled enough for pvp / wvw or dungeons?

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

Drink beer while playing. That’s pretty much how I did all of map completion without it getting old.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Drink beer while playing. That’s pretty much how I did all of map completion without it getting old.

I am reminded of the evening one of my guilds and I got a bunch of we older folks together one late Saturday night, all of us drinking whatever intoxicating libations we preferred, then went on a jumping puzzle spree because that seemed like the best idea ever.

Madness. Glorious madness.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

I am reminded of the evening one of my guilds and I got a bunch of we older folks together one late Saturday night, all of us drinking whatever intoxicating libations we preferred, then went on a jumping puzzle spree because that seemed like the best idea ever.

Madness. Glorious madness.

^ This. And if you’re on TS3 it adds even more to the experience

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Games are supposed to be fun. Forcing someone to play a game they don’t enjoy is unreasonable.

I don’t know what kind of video games your friend likes, so I can’t recommend anything. While there’s a lot to do in Guild Wars 2, it won’t interest someone who isn’t a fan of MMORPGs.

On the bright side, he won’t have to pay again if he changes his mind and decides to pick it back up at a later time.

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Well, drinking beer is a given for pretty much everything in life and should always be assumed.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I just started to play Guild Wars 2 again and persuaded my friend to buy it so we could play together, but the problem is that he isn’t having to good of a time playing it. What’s the things we could do to make sure that he keeps playing and that he likes the game?

Honestly? Nothing. If he doesn’t like the game, he doesn’t like the game. Eventually, he may return and change his mind. We’re assuming he’s not just playing a class he doesn’t like or anything of that nature.

But, for now, there’s nothing we should suggest to make someone ‘like’ the game.

That’s something they need to decide on their own.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Since different people like to do different things, you need to find out whats aspects might be to your friend’s taste. Unlike goose, some people actually love to explore the maps and unlike me some people love dungeons or PvP.

Let your friend lead. Tell him/her that you are available for help and backup if wanted, but that this experience belongs to him/her. If they don’t know where to go, you can of course, show how to get to places, but let them choose.

I cannot start to play a game with a more experienced friend watching my every step. I tried, but got frustrated feeling I would never be up to bar. I felt I was failing expectations whether I was playing or pretending not to have the time. So, tell your friend that you’d love to spend time with them playing the game, because you think there is a lot of fun stuff there to see, but that if they don’t feel like it they don’t have to play. You’ll still be friends.

If they do want to play, remember that AP, levels, fancy weapons or pretty armor can be cool, but they do not compare with sharing special moments with friends. And that even the ugliest exotic great sword is just as sharp as Dusk.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ll echo what others have said, there’s no way to make someone ‘like’ a game. Trying to make it happen is going to go badly.

However, it might be worth asking what games they do like, and what races/classes they’ve tried so far. It could be that there’s a combo they would like, they’ve just not tried it yet. If we knew more, we might be able to suggest something.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

None of my friends enjoy GW2. They’re indoctrinated into a different kind of game that I don’t enjoy, and also have short attention spans, so I really couldn’t help.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

How about specific feedback about what he, or you don’t like about the game? That might go a long way to help point you in a the right direction.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

If he’s familiar with MMOs and he lives near enough to be in the same room, maybe let him play your toons for a bit. That way he can feel what its like on a leveled toon that can go everywhere? He could then try out PvP, WvW, and PvE.

If he doesn’t enjoy it, though, don’t push him.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

(edited by Gregori.5807)