My gratitude and apology.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Talkcikz.5076

Talkcikz.5076

Dear Arena Net,

I was formerly upset (along with many others) about the previous decision to give new players a greater purchase advantage over veteran players.

After personal contemplation, I am grateful for the final decision of Arena Net to add a character slot to the pre-purchase package for veteran players.

I have also come to careful consideration, that maybe we all did overact a tad bit, including myself. Let us not forget, that there is still no monthly sub fee for this game, just a one time purchase. For future reference, I believe it would be best to provide a simple pole or petition for the community to participate in, rather than jumping to such rash decisions. Let us not forget, that it is such hasty judgement that has led American culture to the ill-fated situations of recent times on much more serious scale than just a video game.

The Request:

This may seem a bit out of the ordinary, but I would like to formally request that my account be wiped of any social history. My reason for this proposal, is that I myself, have been toxic to the community in far too many instances.

Profile requests:
Profile name change
Name change for all characters on account
Eradication of all current forum history
Friends list, block list, and pending requests deletion
If an account reset is the only way to achieve this, I will gladly take such a fate in honor of becoming a new me

To the community,

I am sorry for the things of the past that I have said that were ill among my fellow walkers in the land of Tyria. For each instance of negativity that i have brought forth, I have subsequently eliminated the chance to provide a positive occurrence within each of those situations. This would essential equate to 2 steps back, rather than 2 steps forward.

Even if my requests cannot be met, I am humbly apologetic, and shall abide by the code of honor for which I had originally agreed upon when signing up for this game in beta, before it’s release.

Thank you so much for creating a progressive thinking platform/environment in which people from around the world can gather, share ideas, live, and die (PvP for life). I always preach to others of how we should treat one another with kindness in the greater prospect of prosperity for all. I believe it is time for me to carry out those words in this virtual instance of reality, for it has just as much an impact.

Thank you everyone who has been involved in creating a game that I so deeply enjoy. Thank you everyone who has taken the time to read this.

Blessings to us all, and may we all live happily for a brighter tomorrow.

One love,
Marcus Peart

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

as one who found himself defending more then they put against. i understand a lot of people were upset and i understand why they were upset. i wasnt as upset so take what i say. dont worry about it. you were upset at least your trying to atone for it and in my book that means a lot more then you being upset. i dont think anybody who made statements were all in the wrong they were trying to get their frustration out let anet know a wrong was committed

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

Nope. Don’t run from your past. Learn from it.

Talkcikz.5076

I gladly accept any route that Arena Net wishes to take with this post. =)

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

They don’t allow account name changes literally for this reason. They don’t want people running around be rude or toxic to everyone, and then just change their account name so they are no longer associated with that name.

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

I accept the apology. I understand tons of people were upset, but I’d say it was overall pretty harsh (not you specifically, but the response from the community as a whole). To be quite honest, I was really upset with how the community responded to the pre-purchase packages.

At least from my point of view, Guild Wars 1 always had an amazing community, and Guild Wars 2 had built a pretty good community as well. Seeing something like this happen to this community was really upsetting. On top of that, think about all of the people who don’t play Guild Wars 2 and are interested. If I saw something as big of a level as this was for a game, I’d have no interest whatsoever in touching Guild Wars 2 or being involved in its community. People complain about how Arena Net packaged the prepurchase bundles and how they were handling the situation before their resolution, but I think the community needs to take a look at how they packaged their anger and how they handled the situation.

In the public’s eyes, it played out bad for Guild Wars 2, a game [most of us] love, support, and enjoy, and it played out bad for the community as a whole.

I don’t think scooping things under the rug is the right way to handle a situation. Although forgiving and forgetting may be beneficial for the present, forgetting is a crucial element in how future events are reanimated and observed, and is a factor leading to history repeating itself.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I accept the apologies aswell, but you cannot act like you wish “anything happened”. You should have count to 100 and back before writing bad things. As someone said before me, learn from your mistakes and show the community and Anet that you’re a fellow player and fair person And most of all enjoy the game!

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Take this as an opportunity to grow up; in real life you cannot delete your mistakes, pay the consequence for your actions, learn from them and grow

Posted by: Zeus.9840

Zeus.9840

I don’t like that you’re apologizing AFTER getting what you want outta ANet, but I think even ANet realize that they marketed their product really poorly last week, and it’s not just you who reacted this way. As a matter of fact, I think it’s cool that you’re at least making this thread. Anyways, hope this game continues to do well!

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Why on earth do you feel the need to apologize to anet because they tried to get away with giving you less for more?

I like that they are giving the character slot away but I in no way feel thankful for them for doing it when it should have been that way to begin with.

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

Well, dont know what that was all about, but i think i never saw an apology post like this before

Congrats to you mate, thats the way to do it. Hope to see you in game.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Talkcikz.5076

I’m not apologizing for being upset. Rather, I am apologizing with how I handled the situation. I was upset, and made a post that was not as pleasant as this and also sent in-game chat messages that were not as pleasant. My response to the situation at the time before this post was irrational. I completely understand if my data cannot be erased, for I am who I am, because of who I was. At the same time, the death of an entity is the birth of a new one. Such is my belief, anyways. I just wish Arena Net the best in their endeavors, and ask that they and the community they created, forgive me.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you want to wipe your forum account clean, the best you can do is go to your forum profile and delete all your posts. The moderators won’t do that and they won’t delete your posting history in their records as they need to know that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Anet most likely wouldn’t do this. And, honestly, I think erasing your forum and game history is not the way to go about moving forward. Instead of trying to hide from any silly things you might have said, suck it up and move past it. You’ve made the first big step in admitting you handled things poorly. Keep going in that direction, behaving like the person you want to be. You’ll be fine, with or without a clean slate.

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I gladly accept any route that Arena Net wishes to take with this post. =)

They will ignore it :P

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I can’t see Anet doing this, but you know, if you feel you’ve done something wrong, and you grow from it, that’s all anyone can ask. I’ve been in your shoes too many times in my life to not understand.