My legendaries/dyes/T3 are a waste?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

So a Legendary weapon really is nothing. Huh.

That’s not what I said. If you understand the situation of needing only 1 legendary of a kind for it to be available in the wardrobe, you may get that having 2 of 1 kind (2 incins, 2 sunrises), will for me feel like a huge waste. That was the point.

TwilightStorm you still have six legendaries while I have no legendaries. Amongst my weapons, none of them will even look like legendaries, whereas not only will all of your weapons look like legendaries but many of them will indeed be legendaries. Even the fanciest Wardrobe system can’t close that gap. You totallywtfpawn me at legendaries.
gz Legendaries

WELL. I guess. ._.

It might as well be what you said. You diminished items that are an absolute bugger to get (unless you purchase from the TP). The other quote covers quite a few people who play this game and is why any support you might have here is a little lukewarm.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Regarding dyes: I have lots of alts with lots of duplicate dyes, some of which were only available through gem store purchase. I am very disappointed that I will be receiving a low-value item (unidentified dye) to compensate for this. I would be very happy if instead all duplicate dyes returned an unopened, tradable dye of the same type. That way, each player would receive back the same value they had put into their dyes.

I understand if this is impossible, but it would seem much fairer than the announced solution.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You decided to put RL money into the game, no one else did it for you. Blame yourself, not the game or the developer.

I will not blame myself for feeling ripped off 200$.

Posted by: Link Legacy.9278

Link Legacy.9278

At least with this change, I feel that legendaries will drop in price and so will precursors after a while of course, because this probably will encourage players to work on there legendaries again if they had stopped. Now I might be able to afford that darn Spark. ;-;

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

The only way prices will drop for precursors or legendaries is by adding more of them to the game – increasing supply – and/or materials used to make them becoming cheaper. I don’t see those things happening. If anything, demand will rise while supply remains constant, meaning increasing prices.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Yuri.5810

Yuri.5810

I’ve red your OP multiple times, just to be sure not to sound rude and to understand what is your point of view.
Your question is :" Correct me if I’m wrong" about 2 points:
The first “1. This patch will make 3000g I spent go to waste” : uncorrect. This patch will end future differences between one person that have multiple copies of X, where X is something purely aestethic, and another one who’ll make a one time purchase. That means that you’ve paid 3k gold and got something that lasted 20 months. While i can get your point, imho if you have the time/cash to gather up 3k gold (or more) to get expensive stuff, even if they put a disclaimer “benefits will end in 20 months” nothing would have changed because as you stated you’ve done that because" the reasons I play this game (and probably for many others) was to feel exclusive."

As for point 2 : “2. This patch will make legendaries a lot more common (people can just walk around with different copies when having only 1 or 2, if I’m correct), and ruin that exclusive touch that I and some others had.” Again you are wrong.
Talking about the item itself, nothing will change: as many other stated before me, you still have 2 forever-BiS items to equip, the only difference is that now you can pass them on your alts more easily.
Aestetichally nothing will change: to get the skin you still have to posses the item.
If your point is “i’ve done it for the skin only, because having 2 legendaries twins made me cool”, again i have to say you’ve paid to have that for the last X months, and nothing would have changed because as you stated you did that because " the reasons I play this game (and probably for many others) was to feel exclusive."

If anything, knowing it before hand would have made your purchase even more exclusive (less people willing to pay for a temporary aestethic item).
Having 2 twins legends will now make you more “exclusive” than before, because people that will do the same will be less.
You won’t be able to show off, but that’s not what we’re talking about; if that’s the case, to me "(and probably for many others) ", you’re playing the game for the wrong reason.

I don’t have any legendaries and i don’t plan on making one till they fix the precursor lottery, but i honestly think this update is for the best given the fact that the ability to switch stats it’s almost pointless as it is now since usually there is only 1 or 2 stat combinations worthy for each class/weapon combo.
Your efforts after the patch will be rewarded more by allowing you to maximize your legendaries.

Sorry for the wall of text, for my bad english and if i sounded rude to you.
Have a nice game (and lend me some money LOL )

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I could not possibly agree w/ the original poster more. I’m feeling really duped and ripped off.

You an feel things. While your feelings are real feelings, the reasons you think you have for them, may not be. You have not been ripped off. You bought an item at a specific time, because that was the only way at the time to own the item you Bought. What you have is, the use of that item.

The fact that the item was changed to account bound does Not In any way, shape or form, take away the past experiences you had with that item.

Is it a fact that maybe if you had waited til the 15th you may have had a different experience? yes. But then you would not have what you purchased from the moment you purchased it. You would have Lost On the experience of owning whatever it is you Purchased from the moment you purchased it til the 15th.

You were not duped, you were not robbed. you were not cheated. Unless you can show that the item you purchased is now Missing from your inventory…. or the skin you purchased and applied, is now no longer at all available…. you were not cheated.

Try and Look at things that way, you won’t be so upset, over a change that really has not affected you at all.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

@op

The people running around with “a lot of legendaries” are the exact same people that had legendaries before. Other players will not suddenly get legendaries… For the rest, yeah it’s hard for you, but it’s only a comparitive setback, because everyone else is now getting convenience for free that you hade to buy. You’re not actually set back at all.

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

You decided to put RL money into the game, no one else did it for you. Blame yourself, not the game or the developer.

Personal responsibility, GET SOME.

Also, DO NOT buy anything in real life, it may go on sale or heaven forbid they may release an updated version for it and NOT COMPENSATE YOU. Shocking, I know, to think that things change in the future after you have purchased something.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Instead of having to spend thousands of gold to use incinerators on all your characters, you’re getting it for free. Nothing more really needs to be said. Beyond dyes, you don’t deserve compensation and I hope you don’t get it.

CD

(edited by Spicyhash.7605)

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

To reiterate:

It’s like complaining that a computer from five years ago now sells for $50 and you spent $2k on the same model when you bought it five years ago, and are now asking for a refund from the distributor.

At the time, that is what the product was worth. You enjoyed having a top-of-the-line product for a period of time – a luxury most people could not afford – as time progresses and technologies become more accessible and new ones develop, those prices drop and the market is flooded with similar or better products.

You still have that computer, though. Expecting something to remain top-of-the-line forever is unreasonable. If that were the case, nobody would ever purchase anything or upgrade anything because they’d always be waiting for the “upcoming better version” and subsequently little progress would be made since R&D would prove inefficient in regards to a cost-benefit model for business.

Can we be upset for dumping cash on something and not getting what we wanted from that product? Sure. It just means the product wasn’t enjoyable or suitable for you. That’s not to say it isn’t for someone else, though. Blaming the manufacturer for innovating a new and improved version is really just kind of silly. At least they’re not designing the old versions to break or expire in order for you to purchase new ones all over again.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Instead of having to spend thousands of gold to use incinerators on all your characters, you’re getting it for free. Nothing more really needs to be said. Beyond dyes, you don’t deserve compensation and I hope you don’t get it.

Well, Maybe I am a purist but even for dyes, he doesn’t deserve compensation and as the Poster above said. God forbid he buy something in real life that subsequently goes on sale… some stores do offer to match sale prices by competitors…. but only because they feel like it, and Not because the customer deserves or is entitled to it.

When you pay for something, it is either a good purchase or a bad purchase…at that time, taking into account prevailing conditions of the time.

When he bought the dyes, those were either good or bad purchases , at the time. What Anet did or does the next day is 100 % irrelevant. Dyes go account bound? does not entitle anyone to a refund. stuff happens… we deal with it.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I think people actually may believe that now that their legendary skins on their own account can be duplicated, that somehow now everyone who doesn’t have a legendary will get one mailed to them in the form of a usable skin.

They aren’t giving these things out to everyone, the ones who already had legendaries will continue to have them. The ones that do not have legendaries will continue to not have them. Legendaries are not becoming more common, less rare, or whatever you want to say. The ones that have them already will now have the appearance of having more of them.

Now when someone finally gets their legendary, they don’t have to get a second one for the skin. That’s a good thing. Overall.

I’m sorry you decided you wanted two of the same legendary and spent oodles of money for them just for the skin. It really does suck, I agree with you. But in the end, you have two weapons that are perma-BiS and can change stats. That’s a convenience the guys with just one don’t have.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

TBH they ought to make an exception with legendaries so that you can’t reskin them or apply their skins to anything else. The developers might have even taken that into consideration, but perhaps their new system doesn’t allow it. Legendaries should now and always feel truly legendary, and equipping them on your level 2 alt sure as heck diminishes that.

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Ripped off feeling or not, it will still achieve its main aim – you’ll be using a lot more stones/charges. Which means more gem sales. Lot of folks will throw a tenner into the store to get that legendary on their alts.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

You should, you put your money into it. No one else did – no one forced. If you can’t blame yourself, why blame the game?

It is kind of like alcoholics blaming booze for their problem.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

This is a horrible argument as long as sigil swapping isn’t part of the legendaries. I’d rather be the person that has to make 3 ascended weapons to dual wield his legendary than one of the people who has a second legendary. Stat swapping sounds so good until you have to destroy a sigil everytime you want the same functionality as that poor soul who saved 2000 gold or more and had to craft a couple ascended weapons. Give me a break, claiming a legendary is the end all be all when it is less functional than crafting ascended weapons (also account bound) is a joke.

I hope you will all consider this next time you try and tell people with dual legendaries, “you’ll still have a legendary and they won’t.”

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: iFruit.6190

iFruit.6190

Patch will accommodate 99%+ of players. How many people are there with two Incinerators? Very acceptable to sacrifice them for the greater good of the majority.

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

after the patcht they all become account bound, so maybe u can sell them before u use them. So if u own 2 incinerators u can sell 1. But idk why cause u will only have 1 skin with the stat selection so yea dont think its a waste

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Talking about your legendaries:
Of course it feels painful. However I’dd like to add that it does have a small benefit of making a 2nd one of the same. You can always select your stats on it when you are ooc.
Small benefit, but still, I feel your pain mate

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Yeah, I like that ‘lack of particle effects’ and footsteps in that part. Being all into exclusiveness and all. ^o^

You are exclusive by means of being an unique human being. You need not have “exclusive” digital items-online “prestige” means nothing. I also like my characters to look as “unique” as possible, but bear in mind that having Legendaries is not being “exclusive”, but rather than just looking for online “prestige”-which is your fair choice, but is by no means equal with “exclusivity” (which you don’t need to attain in the first pace, as you need not “prove” to others your “exclusivity”, as it’s taken fro granted as a human being.)

(One can look to obtain Legendaries to achieve a particular look on specific characters too!-you need not be too much into “prestige”, but I would bet for many people, it’s more about “prestige” than anything else.)

In short, though I know ANet’s intent is to play into this human desire for online “prestige” (and that’s fine-some people are into that kind of thing), don’t confuse that with “exclusivity”, as personally at this juncture there’s nothing “exclusive” about, say Twilight, and you are already exclusive by means of being the real you, if you are.

Nothing wrong with wanting Legendaries and particle effects, however. They are just not “exclusive” at all, and I personally won’t necessarily admire you for your digital in-game possessions, but more because of the way you act in the game (arrogant/jerk individuals with Eternity or dual Incinerators mean nothing to me)-you can be a great player with “exclusive” looking characters with the most common of skins.

As others said, the change is good, and you get to keep your original, BiS daggers (so it wasn’t technically a “waste”) and also are able share them across your characters as account bound items to boot.

You will also get refunded unidentified dyes for each replicated dye on each character, though I doubt I will be lucky to get a similar “quality” dye from them; at least you get something back.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

TBH they ought to make an exception with legendaries so that you can’t reskin them or apply their skins to anything else. The developers might have even taken that into consideration, but perhaps their new system doesn’t allow it. Legendaries should now and always feel truly legendary, and equipping them on your level 2 alt sure as heck diminishes that.

To be fair, there was never any Legendary quest or manner to obtain them, the Legendary moniker being but an item quality denominator. Much like Rares aren’t too rare, and even Exotics aren’t really that exotic.

Don’t worry about your “prestige”, you still have a great, switchable stats, BiS weapon for each Legendary you possess. There’s nothing wrong with letting players have more freedom in making their different characters look the way they please.

hazenvirus.8154

To be fair, there was never any Legendary quest or manner to obtain them, the Legendary moniker being but an item quality denominator. Much like Rares aren’t too rare, and even Exotics aren’t really that exotic.

Don’t worry about your “prestige”, you still have a great, switchable stats, BiS weapon for each Legendary you possess. There’s nothing wrong with letting players have more freedom in making their different characters look the way they please.

Please read my post above regarding your “you still have a great, switchable stats, BiS weapon for each Legendary you possess” statement. Also telling someone that legendaries are not legendary and there is no prestige is completely subjective and shouldn’t be the a focus of this argument.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Legendaries never indicated anything about prestige, given that they sell on the TP.

Which is far more relevant than the fact that people who already had Legendaries can now display the skins more often.

hazenvirus.8154

Legendaries never indicated anything about prestige, given that they sell on the TP.

Which is far more relevant than the fact that people who already had Legendaries can now display the skins more often.

Thanks for your opinion. If this is the reason you believe owners shouldn’t be compensated then maybe we should make each legendary skin cost, oh 100g maybe and keep the amazing switchable stats separated at 2000g with a bland starter skin. How many people would bother with the switchable stats part. I bet no one would until sigils can also be swapped on demand.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

You shouldn’t be compensated because if you were then everybody would have to be compensated for every single freaking skin duplicates they have too. Think of the nightmare this would be. It’s just not feasible.

Also, if you made legendaries (with an s) then you’re probably freaking rich already.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personal responsibility, GET SOME.

Also, DO NOT buy anything in real life, it may go on sale or heaven forbid they may release an updated version for it and NOT COMPENSATE YOU. Shocking, I know, to think that things change in the future after you have purchased something.

Buying virtual goods has nothing to do with buying physical goods. I think you’re confusing everything.