My life as a GW2 Altoholic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elarionus.3246

Elarionus.3246

Q:

Yeah….it doesn’t really matter what game I play. You can see it when you look at my character select screen….my usernames….even when you look into my eyes…I am….an altoholic.

There is no escape. I have to do it. Just play elementalist? What if I like necromancer better? What if I get bored if I don’t have a warrior? Must. Have. Them. ALL.

Seriously though, how can an altoholic like me enjoy this game? It’s big, and it’s challenging to do everything all over the place with multiple characters.

If you can’t get out of it, get into it.
—Dan Bukvich

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

As an altoholic, I love this game.
So much is account wide (currencies, masteries, WvW rank, skins, achievements, guilds, titles and more). Very alt-friendly.

As opposed to WoW where almost everything, even your darn friendlist (I mean seriously??) is character bound.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

You are right, it is challenging to everything on all the toons. Especially if you are an Altoholic…. I am one, proudly with 21 toons.(well it was 21 the last time I checked)
Each has a purpose and different play style.
Have done 6 map completions, not so important now.
However, I like to try all the different story lines, so I am not in-game linear.
Although, after two charr’s… that’s enough of that race for me.
Can’t wait to start switching out the professions… another little challenge.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

So much is account wide (currencies, masteries, WvW rank, skins, achievements, guilds, titles and more). Very alt-friendly.

As opposed to WoW where almost everything, even your darn friendlist (I mean seriously??) is character bound.

I keep this particular opinion to myself since I’m in a minority but all this account binding kittens me to tears. I like to play my characters and I find there’s not really a lot in the way of individual character progression. Besides leveling, of course. I’m not going to go through the list because there are shades in each feature but I don’t want to see to much more.

I love the gameplay of GW2, and so many more features, that I can get past this little issue

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I keep this particular opinion to myself since I’m in a minority but all this account binding kittens me to tears. I like to play my characters and I find there’s not really a lot in the way of individual character progression. Besides leveling, of course. I’m not going to go through the list because there are shades in each feature but I don’t want to see to much more.

Progressing everything seperately for every character might be fun 2, 3 or 4 times. But not 20+ times.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Progressing everything seperately for every character might be fun 2, 3 or 4 times. But not 20+ times.

For you and many, many others; not for me.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: KatanaPunk.1286

KatanaPunk.1286

Guys you talk right outta my soul! It´s not like i have 20 chars, i have 1 for each prof. My main issue is: I can´t enjoy this awesome game before deciding who my main shall be. I love necros but i hate their lack of mobility. I love thieves but they don´t have any fun group utilities. Kinda desperate and can´t w8 for HoT. When i see the next specs i will hopefully be able to enjoy again.