My opinion on the Guild Mission cost

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

I think the cost is way too much influence. As a medium sized guild it is still too much. I feel as if ArenaNet is catering to the larger guild even when they said that they are catering to smaller guilds. Really they should have released info on the mission costs before hand, gotten responses on it, and then adjusted influence costs accordingly. Bad move ArenaNet. I like the Idea but the cost is way too much. When I heard guild missions I thought “Oh wow now my guild can utilize the calendar and we will be doing one or 2 guild missions weekly!” Now I’m thinking “Ugh Larger guilds will be taking all the people into their guilds now and the smaller guilds are going to suffer.”

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

Posted by: Moonstruck.3612

Moonstruck.3612

I’m seriously disappointed at the unlock cost for guild missions. Contrary to Colin’s comments earlier this month, not all guilds are swimming in a surplus of influence with nothing to spend it on. Smaller guilds (and NO, I have no desire to represent a larger guild) do not have the resources to even begin to access this content. We are a small group of friends and we don’t indiscriminately invite anyone and everyone to join our guild just so we can have 500 members. I guess we’ll get to do guild missions sometime in the future, hopefully. For now, it’s not even remotely possible.

I’m concerned that this is going to drive people to larger guilds and smaller guilds are just going to suffer. “Tough little ones, you can’t play the big kid content.”

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I don’t think this is the sole reason for such high cost, but the high cost will only allow a smaller portion of the player base to get in right away, giving anet time to look for bugs and fixes before the rest of us can afford to get in.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

So, the ‘guild’ content should really just be open to everyone. 1 to 3 man groups should be able to do it, without first putting in a little effort?

I sympathize with the smaller guilds because that is a lot of influence even for guilds with 10-15 active members. But if you have a few more than 3-4 active members, you should be able to come up with ways to unlock this content without too much problem.

If you can’t unlock the content due to resources, how in the world do you expect to do the content designed for coordinated play between more than just 2-3 people?

If you want the perks of a larger guild, you either got to put in more effort/resources or get more members. I know, neither sound very attractive.

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

There’s already a 17 page thread on this and another 3 page thread on just the recent articles.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I can see this turning into a "You must always rep “guild name here” or get kicked so guilds can get enogh influence to to the missions. I don’t think this will be a problem for my guild as it seems we always have a lot of influence built up but some smaller guilds may suffer, especially guilds that only have a few members and some of the members are in bigger guilds as well. They will end up repping the bigger guilds to get into the missions.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Influence cost should be adjusted based on player representation and the size of guilds, this is the only way to ensure fairness.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: BelowAverage.8349

BelowAverage.8349

Guild missions are supposed to be large group content, no kitten your 20 person guild wont be able to unlock EVERYTHING IMMEDIATELY.

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

So, the ‘guild’ content should really just be open to everyone. 1 to 3 man groups should be able to do it, without first putting in a little effort?

I sympathize with the smaller guilds because that is a lot of influence even for guilds with 10-15 active members. But if you have a few more than 3-4 active members, you should be able to come up with ways to unlock this content without too much problem.

If you can’t unlock the content due to resources, how in the world do you expect to do the content designed for coordinated play between more than just 2-3 people?

If you want the perks of a larger guild, you either got to put in more effort/resources or get more members. I know, neither sound very attractive.

I love the idea of a high end difficult goal to achieve that takes effort and time and not everyone can do it.

HOWEVER, to release the FIRST level of guild missions at such a high end cost is a bit too much.

I think the logical thing to have done was release a more simple and basic level of guild missions at rank 3, that way smaller guilds of 10ish people can do the lowest level guild missions. These should still be difficult, but obvious less difficult than the rank 5 missions, cost less and ALSO reward a LOT less.

While on average the new guild missions award a min of 2 rares, 2 commendations and 50 silver, the rank 3 guild missions I was thinking of should be easier to get but also award less, let’s say no commendation, 2 greens and 8 silver. That gives smaller guilds something to do while still leaving that huge goal to achieve…

Because even though I like the idea of a difficult goal, it doesn’t change the obvious fact that doing so with no other alternative will damage smaller guilds in a horrible dramatic degree.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Please don’t change this. Yes this large scale content is harder for small guilds to access, but that is ok. We need larger scale content.

My guild of 500 is very excited for this content and progression. The vast majority of players like this chance at progression and large scale content. Please don’t ruin it to satisfy the small minority of small guilds.

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

Small minority of small guilds has historically been 90% of the entire player-base of every single game.

Posted by: Gavorn.9647

Gavorn.9647

Please don’t change this. Yes this large scale content is harder for small guilds to access, but that is ok. We need larger scale content.

My guild of 500 is very excited for this content and progression. The vast majority of players like this chance at progression and large scale content. Please don’t ruin it to satisfy the small minority of small guilds.

ummm… im pretty sure they aren’t asking for the large scale content to turn to small scale content… they just want to be able to get to the large scale content…

and grats on your guild of 500. That is like going to a public school and saying the education system works for your private school so keep it the same.

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

A minority’s needs should not be ignored to please the needs of a majority, that being said the opposite is also true. A majority’s need should not be ignored to please the needs of a minority.

As I previously said I’m all up for difficult, hard to get, exclusive content. The Karka one time event I thought was fantastic, I loved the idea of one time events that people would just have to deal if they missed.

That being said, I don’t think ALL events ever made should be one time events. As such I don’t think ALL guild missions should be reserved for large guilds.
YES there should be guild missions that only large guilds will easily get and small guilds will struggle endlessly with, HOWEVER there should also be guild missions that are more laid back that small guilds can also do.

Ignoring one player base completely isn’t right, just like doing only one time events isn’t right.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I love the idea of a high end difficult goal to achieve that takes effort and time and not everyone can do it.

HOWEVER, to release the FIRST level of guild missions at such a high end cost is a bit too much.

I think the logical thing to have done was release a more simple and basic level of guild missions at rank 3, that way smaller guilds of 10ish people can do the lowest level guild missions. These should still be difficult, but obvious less difficult than the rank 5 missions, cost less and ALSO reward a LOT less.

While on average the new guild missions award a min of 2 rares, 2 commendations and 50 silver, the rank 3 guild missions I was thinking of should be easier to get but also award less, let’s say no commendation, 2 greens and 8 silver. That gives smaller guilds something to do while still leaving that huge goal to achieve…

Because even though I like the idea of a difficult goal, it doesn’t change the obvious fact that doing so with no other alternative will damage smaller guilds in a horrible dramatic degree.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I don’t know why they chose to release higher end guild content first versus lower end guild content. Hopefully, some lower end guild content will open up so even smaller guilds can participate.

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

I don’t think this is the sole reason for such high cost, but the high cost will only allow a smaller portion of the player base to get in right away, giving anet time to look for bugs and fixes before the rest of us can afford to get in.

This is what a test server is for not the actual game. One of the biggest things about a test server is it helps get bugs and fixes out of the way. It also deals with balance issues and some bad execution.