My prediction is coming true (DEs and fewer people)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Initially, we were all on the same level. I don’t think the population has dropped. Its just that the first surge has spread out as people level at their own rate. I like less people on a DE actually. Makes the fight more interesting and less chaotic.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Balkito.8160

Balkito.8160

I still run into, at the very least, one other character to help for solo-able events, and lots more for group events.

When I did the event with Raizen the Raider in the zone past Iron Marches I had a group of at least 20 level 70s, for example. The world is very large, so the people will be spread out, but announcing events in map chat will generally get some people moving to help.

#RookstarWasRobbed

Posted by: Algomyth.5479

Algomyth.5479

I guess you’re right, the best way to deal with a problem or potential problem is to ignore it.

I guess the best way to deal with any inconvenience is to label it a “problem”.

I haven’t seen what you describe. I see high lvls coming to low areas to farm karma all the time.

(edited by Algomyth.5479)

Posted by: Nyxx.8316

Nyxx.8316

I’m seeing more and more DEs just be given up on because there aren’t enough people around to do them.

The only event I have seen any trouble with is bloodwitch and for one reason, its an underwater event that a lot of players seem to have difficulty finding. The second reason is I actually do think it needs a tweek. The vet mobs are respawning in under 30 seconds. I dont think that should be happening.

As for your prediction … well whatever helps you sleep at night. Your server may have an issue but mine is nicely populated across every area I have been in.

I play on Sea of Sorrows and it is about the same here but people do actively broadcast for help all the time for this one. I play in Australia as well I don’t seem to have any issues in the lower zones in fact this thinning out business is actually making people not zerg so much and follow each other around in a group they met and did an event well with which is what I believe the point of the dynamic system was for.

I can easily under stand low pop server players complaining about the lack of players maybe even medium server pop but high and full I don’t think would have any such issues getting players to come around in any zone at anytime of play.

Edit:
This thread is both deceivingly titled and between the occasional opinion vs validation post it appears to be mostly one person enforcing his or her belief of an issue over and over again with out actually discussing what he or she could do to resolve the issue for themselves then when someone else post something they can do or try to change their mind they go back to spewing denial of self action. I currently see the solution for this one person and that is to migrate servers to one with more players that are on during the timezone he or she is playing. Unofficial oceanic server or not this does not mean that most of the oceanic players are not on another unofficial oceanic server and the current one they are on could be populated more with US residents.

While this will not solve the underlying issue that this person believes to exist it is a solution for the person in question and that should be enough for the for mentioned person stop enforcing an invalid prediction before trying out other servers to see if its a trend or just their server that has an issue with population.

While I can understand the frustration that this person must be experiencing coming here and calling foul without actually trying to resolve the issue is pretty foolish.

Thank you I agree with your sentiments completely.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

And here I was thinking that, even at lower-to-mid levels, the maps are too darn crowded with players. I feel like I spend more time on an overflow server than my home world. Obviously the population for the first half of the game can’t be that bad, but I’m sure it depends somewhat on the server.

Posted by: Petuleme Igeebobo.7329

Petuleme Igeebobo.7329

I’ll be honest with all of you….I’m happy DE’s are failing for me because there are less people around. I’m level 53 now and love it. I love the challenge of having to use all of my Mesmer tools just to stay alive (half the time I’m not thinking about completing the DE). The earlier zones were too easy because of the Zerg. I now consider DE’s great training for WvW.

Posted by: Oshino.2160

Oshino.2160

Usualy always getting dumped into Overflow still. So I haven’t come across your dead zones yet mister OP. Perhaps look for a different server?

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Thanks for the discussion all! Since it appears to have run its course, we’ll be closing the thread.