My small stance on player housing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

Personally, I think it would be a really fun addition, but my biggest point is: I just want a dang GARDEN.
I mean, I have a cooking skill. Why can’t I choose to plant things in a convenient place to harvest for the recipes I want to make. And a small pen for a few animals for meats.

Anyway, I know it’s something that’s not on top of anet’s priority list, but this thought crossed my mind and I don’t think many people have brought this up yet.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’d thought about this too. I’d love to have something in the home instance that serves as a garden. “Plant” 250 of a food item, and it comes back in small amounts day after day. Or something. Devil’s in the details.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’d love that.

There could be a series of ‘node slots’ in your home instance in which you can plant 1 of 2 types of gardening nodes:

- Perishable:

• You buy the seeds from certain NPCs with skill points + coin and/or karma.
  • Take some time to mature.
  • Once mature can be used once a day for several days.
  • After a certain number of days, the node wilts and the cycle restarts, and you have to buy more seeds.
  • The life cycle of a node could last between 14 or 30 days. So you plant at the start of a month or update, then gather until the next.

- Eternal.

• There could be a mystic recipe for an endless seed.
    • The recipe would require 250 of the original item, an ‘eternal seed’ exotic drop tradeable and dropped by mordrem and plants, and then other 2 materials, one of them requiring skill points.
  • Once planted, the seed takes some time to mature, but after that it never perishes.

As for monetizing it, there could be either additional “gardening node slots” (players would start with about 10-25% of the max) for 600-800 gems every 3, or the other material (the one that doesn’t cost skill points) could be mystic forge stones or some other item in the gem store.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)