My worst experience in GW2.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

i’m sorry if my english is wrong

Today i gotta admit that i’m frustrated, dissapointed, kittened off and probably mad at them. Who? a certain guild of Kodash server.

I’m in a casual guild of Baruch Bay server. We have not so much players online and we are not into WvsW a lot, however i managed to get a guild group of payers looking for something to do tonight and 4 of them needed the Obsidian Sanctum achievement. I did that several times so i asked them if they wanted to do it. It’s a cool place to go… unless you find the guys that made me mad today.

My group and I fell a lot of times in a lot of rooms, using mesmers portals and a lot of tries to get to the dome where the enemies are in different cages. So far we found enemies from other servers that never attacked us, they were just minding their business and doing the puzzle like we did, they never attacked us and we never did attack them. However… at the dome, i read in the map channel that some players from my server died because of some guys at the top. One minute later i see how 2 players from the top come to the dome and start attacking us. At that moment we didn’t realize that it would turn into a nightmare.
Those 2 players were not killing us, they were just being annoying, a lot of Fears, Knockbacks, pull skills. They were having a fun time and i laughed a bit since it was a good Trolling moment for them. Some fun isn’t bad sometimes and they were not killing us anyway. Once i finally made it to the top, wich was extra hard with them around, they killed me in a blink (lvl 14 mesmer as i was helping my guild). Then 3 more enemies came from the top, and they 5 killed my friends… forced us to retreat to the beggining of all the puzzle, we lost 30 minutes because of it.

Then i did pay attention and I noticed their guild name “***********”. My guild did retreat and I watch with pain in my eyes how try after try after try in 2 freaking hours, those guys keep fearing us into cliffs, killing us time after time and blocking our goal. We tried everything, everyone in my server left because of them and the last 5 players were the one from my guild. At a point 1 of my guild also had to go and we were 4 against those trolls… it wasn’t funny anymore.
I switched into my main character, used my commander tag, went to gendarran and asked for help of the server. At that point the entire kodash guild was waiting for us in the WayPoints and nobody from my server could land down because they instantly killed us. We tried to go down 5 at same time, but since everyone needed the achievement, only 1-2 players surviving wasn’t a choice. Finally 6 players that recalled my name from marionette came to help and we slaughtered all the enemies from that Kodash guild with joy. It seems we would finally be able to complete the puzzle. However… i was wrong.

I guess they had a mesmer up, and before we could reach the top of the well, the mesmer would port all 4 of their allies up. Eventually none of the 12 players of my server were able to get to the top of that well. They were using fears even before we could reach them. They had a necro, an engineer and specially traited to be annoying.

1 hour later my server had to surrender, we tried hard, we wanted to complete it, the 4 guys in my guild were sad because they never had such a bad experience in gw2, we only wanted to complete the achievement… but there was a Kodash guild that was unable to let us complete it.

So… this is a call for help. If you are in kodash server and if you can somehow contact to that nasty guild, please tell them to stop. It’s not funny when trolling gets to this level of annoyance.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

So some guys of a server blocked some other guys from another server from a chest with free siege that they could use to attack their stuff, and you call them trolls? Maybe they didn’t want to kill you (save you the repair bill) but also didn’t want you to reach the chest, then fearing, knockbacking etc is the only thing they can do

Professional noob guardian

Elrey.5472

So some guys of a server blocked some other guys from another server from a chest with free siege that they could use to attack their stuff, and you call them trolls? Maybe they didn’t want to kill you (save you the repair bill) but also didn’t want you to reach the chest, then fearing, knockbacking etc is the only thing they can do

Their guild name says the opposite, and some guys that came to help me said that this specific Kodash guild is Always in obsidian sanctum being annoying. It’s not a matter of “we can o we can’t, it’s a fight, we know the rules, win or don’t cry”. It’s just how frustrating it gets to get people willing to destroy your hopes. As i said before, we did see other players from the others servers and there was no fights, we were standing literally 1meter close to each other, stacked in some jumps, but Respect made us both to not attack the other players. That kind of players are welcome, but the trolls… i’m sorry, it’s just too much annoying.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I’ll add you to friend list and do it to you if by any chance you’ll ever go to OS so that you can see how fair and awesome such things are.
They had no “noble” intention, they only wanted to troll people and grief them, preventing them from getting an achievement point in puzzles list. Because as much as I know, you can get siege blueprints from TP for a few coppers, in a second without having to struggle that much, not to mention you get tons from achievement boxes and for doing WvW itself. Maybe in your dreams people enter such a long and annoying puzzle just for that trash reward.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Melfice.5091

No, I want you to stop crying about pvp in a pvp area. You knew that before you entered that area that it was a pvp one, and that you should prepare yourself to fight other players. You however expected a walk in a field of flowers, holding hands with every enemy you see till the end. Then some players knocked you on the head with reality and you came to the forums calling them trolls.

@Pip: if the reward is trash and not worth doing the puzzle for, then why is it worth it to come cry about it on the forums? (the achievement is part of the reward btw)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Obsidian Sanctum is fine, and the pvp there is fun. Although I wouldn’t mind them adding a possible way to fight back in the arena area at end~ just go there early in morning or some other dead hour and the place is usually empty. Also~ use the stealth fountains.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Melfice.5091

Be more compassionate? I’m pretty sure it was easier and faster to kill those guys, as it was 12v4, but instead of trying he came to the forums calling them out (which is against the rules iirc). That deserves no compasion at all, it’s like someone failing a math test, blaming the teacher for asking hard questions while they didn’t prepare for the exam, and then they go to the principal to complain about said teacher

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Obsidian Sanctum isn’t there for a single Achievement. It’s there for pvp and for people who like Jumping Puzzles (and GvG nowadays). ;/ They get loot off people they kill while taking advantage of the environment. You can always run those same knockdown and etc builds.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Elrey.5472

Be more compassionate? I’m pretty sure it was easier and faster to kill those guys, as it was 12v4, but instead of trying he came to the forums calling them out (which is against the rules iirc). That deserves no compasion at all, it’s like someone failing a math test, blaming the teacher for asking hard questions while they didn’t prepare for the exam, and then they go to the principal to complain about said teacher

You can’t win a 12vs5 fight in certain places. It wouldn’t mind if there was 50 vs 10. In the well they had a way to throw everyone down before we can hit from beneath. As example, the necros were putting marks of fear in the small wood places from positions where we couldn’t hit them. Even with stability, none of us would make the remaining 10 jumps in time before they fear or pull or other skills back.
Numbers mean nothing in such conditions, they had the terrain advantage.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

Seems like someone fails at reading comprehension. Elrey did mention that their merry band of guildies tried to attack after it became clear that those morons will not cease the griefing. He/she(?) even enlisted the help of some friends outside of the guild and defeated the Obsidian Sanctum campers in fair combat.

Then the minute Elrey’s group tried to do the puzzle the trolls crawled back like a pack of starving hyenas and resumed their activity. It’s interesting that these PvP heroes did not come down from the puzzle even once to kill the jumpers but resorted to idling in one spot, spamming fears and knockbacks. Tells a lot about their skill level and intention.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Op, unfortunately there are many players like that in this game. There are may players in all areas, PvP, WvW and PvE that get more enjoyment out of griefing then they do playing the game. The players you described are a perfect example why many of us will not play WvW or any PvP content. PvP in many games tends to bring out the worst in people, and GW2 is no exception. The best strategy for dealing with players lke that, is do not play with them. If you see them in the area, just leave and wait until they are gone. Once their supply of players to grief disappears, so will they.

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

Op, it is a pvp area and pvp is expected. To cause grief to others is something different though, it is done by people in a game, the same type of people that would never stand up for themselves in real life and like to hide behind momma’s skirt. Those who support this behavior are the same ones that stand at the back of a blob only to proclaim how awesome they are. When in fact they are nothing. Nothing you can do about it. Don’t let spineless trolls get to you.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My sympathies, OP. While ANet will not take any action against them (as what they’re doing is “technically” within the rules of PvP), I agree that it’s a really petty, trollish way to play.

If I encounter such a situation, I just post in Map chat that there are trolls camping the JP to warn off any other players, exit Obsidian Sanctum and come back several hours later. The trolls get their jollies from abusing players; let them sit there for several hours with nothing to do and they’ll get bored and leave.

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Sadly, online games attract trolls, and PvP concentrates them further. I wish I could say I never encountered someone doing this. Look at the bright side, OP: it was worse when you could deploy siege in OS.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

How boring is GW2 that someone formed a guild based on getting your jollies by trolling people in a PvP jumping puzzle?

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Sounds like there are as many trolls in this post as their is on that server.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Sounds like there are as many trolls in this post as their is on that server.

Probably about 90% of the forum community is tbh. Just hateful people. I would suggest writing on a different gw2 forum if you’re trying to contact a gw2 community about this because most the people on this forum are rude heartless people to begin with who probably do what you experienced.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

so annoying there behavior may be … but dont u think its a kind of cool? like u had a real challange finally in the game. Those content was created by Players.

It was hard and this guild got a lot glory since it sounds like they where outnumbered.

Its a pvp area right ? so people do pvp. I think is ok u still have time to do it plus u could simply try find a other overflow to do it.

So ya i feel ur anger but hope u can see it as a challenge for the future.

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

The absolute most fun I ever had in Obsidian Sanctum was when people were trying to kill me. The puzzle is veey easy when you know the route, the only time it challenged me is when another person was trying to prevent my advancement through the puzzle. Having to combo cleanses, swiftness, leaps, and executing those in a proper rotation to overcome the obstacle. (And you can’t always win.)

OP needs to stop complaining; they broke no rules. In fact, it is you who is trying to bend the rules to fit your desire and your gameplay.

It just doesn’t work like that. Get better and try again.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You’re right, the trolls who pvp in a pvp area aren’t welcome. Please get your kitten together and don’t make huge wine threads about pvp in a pvp area

And here i am, thinking that this forum is a place to help others… so much dissapointing from your answers. I don’t know why do i even care trying to change something that it’s bad in so many ways.

Sigh… ok, you win. This game is all about anger and making other players have nightmares. It’s all about danger, madness, evilness, darkened hearts, selfishness and corrupted behaviours. I should play that way, and if i find you in my random walks in WvsW doing a puzzle I should show no mercy… that would fit better with the game, instead of trying to be nice.
That’s what you want me to do, right?

Okay what is the purpose of this thread do you want to hear other opinions on this matter or not? If you don’t want to hear them, create a blog and post about what happened to you there, you are free to post that link to your blog in the linksville subforum.

My opinion on this topic is something your probably don’t want to hear. It’s a PvP zone, way to many people got used to getting freebies with no risk what so ever and this is wrong.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If Anet didn’t want people to have to face the very real possibility of other players attempting to prevent them from completing the JP wouldn’t they have put the puzzle in a PvE zone ? Working as intended.

My sympathies to the OP. Sounds like a frustrating experience. Unfortunately going into a PvP instance without an interest or desire to participate in a PvP experience is likely to produce frustration.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

they are not nasty and certainly not to be contacted with cease & desist orders. They are doing PvP in a PvP area. The fun of pouncing on PvP newbies there isn´t something I find particularily entertaining, still, that is totally up to them.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I remember similiar guild in one matchup.
It was easy to deal with them. I just called my guild and we killed them. We killed them 4 times and then they left.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I remember similiar guild in one matchup.
It was easy to deal with them. I just called my guild and we killed them. We killed them 4 times and then they left.

I wish all servers would do this. It is not that they attack and kill, which is normal. It is that they have purposefully chosen the singlemost frustrating place to do it and flaunt it in their guild name.

I feel that the purpose of doing battle should be to win the war/matchup, not inflicting maximum pain on the individuals on the other side. These campers don’t do their servers, and they do exist on all or at least most servers, any favour. What they do does not help to win the game, they could be more effective playing everywhere intead of sitting there like spiders waiting for the next fly.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

a few weeks after the game had gone live I did that JP and swore to never do it ever again. And I have never been there since.

To PvP in a JP is a cool idéa but the fun ends when you are in situations as OP.
If you are stuck in a well and needs to get up you have to climb that slippery wall, but at the top of the well there is your enemies and they are trying to shoot you with guns… They say: ’It’s fair you can fight back!’

And still there are people on this topic that are still saying: ‘Stop whining and fight back!’ haha funny.

There would have been different if both sides where fighing on the same conditions but this is not the case at all, here it is the first one to a safe location can grief.

No this JP is just griefers paradice and has nothing to do with skills, it is just a little amount of skills and alot of luck to not end up being greifed.
Anet should implement some sections in the JP where you can activate traps head of you aswell, to rid off the greifers. … Or just make Obsidan PvE.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I feel that the purpose of doing battle should be to win the war/matchup, not inflicting maximum pain on the individuals on the other side.

Feelings are irrelevant.

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Best to just leave OS if you stumble across a group like that and check it out another day.

People have complained about PvP especially in that JP fairly often. One reason siege weapons can’t be placed there anymore. I’ve got into some annoying fights and some fun fights there myself.

So I’m not sure at which point fun PvP turns into griefing but as said, the best solution is to move on and don’t let them annoy you.

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

I feel like I’m stepping into a beehive or a snake’s nest by posting here, but I feel like I just need to say this.

Just because something isn’t explicitly forbidden does not mean that it’s the right thing to do. It’s about the spirit of the game and being a good sport. There is a difference between measuring your strength against the enemy’s, protecting strategic points and using tactics to gain the upper hand, and keeping a small group of players from completing a jumping puzzle and taunting them for the sole purpose of feasting on their grief. It’s pure schadenfreude, and it hurts the gameplay experience for others in a different way than losing a supply camp.

Having said that, I know that there’s absolutely nothing neither we nor arenanet can do about this, since it’s, as it has been pointed out, part of the pvp setting, and the ill intent is hard to prove, it’s purely subjective. They’re just using their skills and traits against their enemy. It’s not forbidden, that’s the point of WvW. Also, there’s no way for us or anet to know if the story posted by the OP is true. Though I haven’t seen the name of the guild (it got censored) I assume it was rather offensive, from reading this thread. Changing that would be the only legit thing anet can do, without taking out a part of the game that some players enjoy.

The only advice I have for the OP is to come back at a different time of day, or maybe even when the servers have changed, if you can’t muster an army to give those guys a few good spankings until they get bored and give up. I would have felt the same way you do.

Also, about “feelings are irrelevant”. They’re not. You play this game for fun, and that’s a feeling. Feelings are the very point of playing a game. A feeling of accomplishment, of fun, of pride, what have you. Rules of conduct are in place for that too. Why do you think there’s a “report verbal abuse” option? It is most definitely NOT the point of GW2 to inflict maximum pain on an individual, no matter the means, that’s nothing but bullying. But as I said, this is WvW, and proving any ill intent behind a player kill is impossible, and even then it would probably not be an offense. Only the guild name is a possible offense (which is now censored, so I can’t say if it actually is).

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Thats why you take a Guardian with you to grant stability.
Or
Just do something else and come back later?

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Bring stability, bring your own pulls.

I’ve seen people doing this at the cages/dome, I simply put on stability, got next to them, and pummelled their faces while my allies came up behind me.

The problem with PvE in GW2 is that it doesn’t teach people who are new to online games how to adapt their play style. PvE in GW2 = stack+zerk to win, no thought process required.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

i’m sorry if my english is wrong

Today i gotta admit that i’m frustrated, dissapointed, kittened off and probably mad at them. Who? a certain guild of Kodash server.

I’m in a casual guild of Baruch Bay server. We have not so much players online and we are not into WvsW a lot, however i managed to get a guild group of payers looking for something to do tonight and 4 of them needed the Obsidian Sanctum achievement. I did that several times so i asked them if they wanted to do it. It’s a cool place to go… unless you find the guys that made me mad today.

My group and I fell a lot of times in a lot of rooms, using mesmers portals and a lot of tries to get to the dome where the enemies are in different cages. So far we found enemies from other servers that never attacked us, they were just minding their business and doing the puzzle like we did, they never attacked us and we never did attack them. However… at the dome, i read in the map channel that some players from my server died because of some guys at the top. One minute later i see how 2 players from the top come to the dome and start attacking us. At that moment we didn’t realize that it would turn into a nightmare.
Those 2 players were not killing us, they were just being annoying, a lot of Fears, Knockbacks, pull skills. They were having a fun time and i laughed a bit since it was a good Trolling moment for them. Some fun isn’t bad sometimes and they were not killing us anyway. Once i finally made it to the top, wich was extra hard with them around, they killed me in a blink (lvl 14 mesmer as i was helping my guild). Then 3 more enemies came from the top, and they 5 killed my friends… forced us to retreat to the beggining of all the puzzle, we lost 30 minutes because of it.

Then i did pay attention and I noticed their guild name “***********”. My guild did retreat and I watch with pain in my eyes how try after try after try in 2 freaking hours, those guys keep fearing us into cliffs, killing us time after time and blocking our goal. We tried everything, everyone in my server left because of them and the last 5 players were the one from my guild. At a point 1 of my guild also had to go and we were 4 against those trolls… it wasn’t funny anymore.
I switched into my main character, used my commander tag, went to gendarran and asked for help of the server. At that point the entire kodash guild was waiting for us in the WayPoints and nobody from my server could land down because they instantly killed us. We tried to go down 5 at same time, but since everyone needed the achievement, only 1-2 players surviving wasn’t a choice. Finally 6 players that recalled my name from marionette came to help and we slaughtered all the enemies from that Kodash guild with joy. It seems we would finally be able to complete the puzzle. However… i was wrong.

I guess they had a mesmer up, and before we could reach the top of the well, the mesmer would port all 4 of their allies up. Eventually none of the 12 players of my server were able to get to the top of that well. They were using fears even before we could reach them. They had a necro, an engineer and specially traited to be annoying.

1 hour later my server had to surrender, we tried hard, we wanted to complete it, the 4 guys in my guild were sad because they never had such a bad experience in gw2, we only wanted to complete the achievement… but there was a Kodash guild that was unable to let us complete it.

So… this is a call for help. If you are in kodash server and if you can somehow contact to that nasty guild, please tell them to stop. It’s not funny when trolling gets to this level of annoyance.

Sorry to say this OP, but there are kittens in the real world and they play games too… its too bad, but some people just like to make other people miserable, don’t let it get to you, just avoid them because sadly the PvP areas support this kind of behaviour, they aren’t breaking any rule.

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

To answer the OP, my worst experience in retrospection would be to have purchased the game.
/bangs head against wall

But at least the forums are a fairly good source of ez and fast entertainment.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

All I see is someone who says:

we only wanted to complete the achievement

Generally that sort of thinking has highlighted my worst experiences in GW2. Not necessarily with the OP but players who “want” achievements without achieving a kitten thing.

Yes…how dare a PvP arena require the occasional PvP. We’ve all been trolled in Obsidian Sanctum (and some of us have trolled there). You either find a way to make it, or you don’t. It isn’t given.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Jumping puzzles have no place in any type of pvp setting (structured or otherwise).

Just my 2c.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Oogie Boogie.2790

Oogie Boogie.2790

hey if anyone is still interessted in this post ask any question. i’m from that guild… you know the on OP complained about and i remember that day we encountered a bunch of players in the little arena.

so yea let the hate flow…

Posted by: Balnoj.1472

Balnoj.1472

i am from the same guild :P …and i am proud about us. i always wanted a very diffecult JP…but never expected that i will be a part of this JP =D

just see it like “training”. EARN the treasure !

and yes, gw2 is boring for me :P

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I would troll/grief the kitten out of anyone in OS JP if it wasn’t so boring waiting for people to come so I can grief em

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

I feel ashamed for them… i´m on Kodash, too, and i know that guild you speak as well as most people who formed it, but i´m a duelist through and through, thus despising any griefing or server-farming actions (only doing that alone vs multiples IF they deserve it – kinda eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth). I even rejected a guild invite back when that guild was created. Now i know it was for good, measured by my own standards of course. They clearly have experience in Obsidian Sanctum, and the best way to deal with them is to avoid them. Don´t fall for their baits on cliffs!

I can give you some tips. They don´t matter if you are casual or hardcore. Just basic stuff about the Obsidian Sanctum, as i´m quite familliar with it.

1. Make use of the Stealth Wells. There are three wells located in Obsidian Sanctum which give you stealth for 5 minutes. The first is located in a small cavern which can be reached from the ruins inside water near the main entrance hall. Second one is located up the pitfall right next to the entrance to the spiral tower. And the third one is located above the animal arena, hidden in the backyard of the chest ruin.

2. Use stealth / mobility skills to reach them. Most classes have access to one of either. If its just you vs multiples, try to outsmart them. Use your anti-falling-damage-trait to mitigate being pushed over cliffs / outright jump down the cliffs to save some breathing room.
If its some of you vs multiples of them, split up . They cannot hunt down all of you at once. Try to break their group formation.

3. Learn speed jumping. Sounds stupid, and isnt a certain glitch or bug. By speed jumping i mean general JP practice and knowledge. The quicker jumper definitely has an advantage over his pursuer.

4. Get in touch with certain places where you may be able to use skills to short-cut parts of the JP. Best example here are leap-skills like Warrior Sword #2, Guardian Greatsword #3, Elementalist Ride The Lightning and so on… this ain´t bugusing.

5. Get used to GW2´s physics and mobility skill behavior. Most leaping skills (like those mentioned above aside from RtL) which are untargeted are dependant on the character´s movement speed. Warrior Sword #2 will bring you the furthest when out of combat and under influence of Swiftness, but will do almost nothing when chilled. Use your mobility skills when your movement is the least impaired!

6.Final tip is death-rushing. Prepare to to lure the camping group or at least most of them as far away from the spawn points as possible. They´ll follow you and hunt you down, but than instantly port back and instantly make your way through the JP. Best chance is if you do this when you already clicked the Waypoint so you have that dialogue window open.

Take this from a semi-renown, semi-experienced thief with lots of JP-love and a boatload of successfull duels (of course there´s at least nearly the same boatload of fails, but after all thats where you learn from, right? ). Eventually you´ll break their blockade. And if you dip deep enough into the the teories of applied jumping, there´s much more for you to learn and explore, especially in Obsidian Sanctum!

[DARQ]Toxxa end.

Posted by: Balnoj.1472

Balnoj.1472

nice Toxxa. . . :P minuspunkt!

a hint from me, a JP member: to split up is a really stupid idea ^^

mfg me

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I feel ashamed for them… i´m on Kodash, too, and i know that guild you speak as well as most people who formed it, but i´m a duelist through and through, thus despising any griefing or server-farming actions (only doing that alone vs multiples IF they deserve it – kinda eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth). I even rejected a guild invite back when that guild was created. Now i know it was for good, measured by my own standards of course. They clearly have experience in Obsidian Sanctum, and the best way to deal with them is to avoid them. Don´t fall for their baits on cliffs!

I can give you some tips. They don´t matter if you are casual or hardcore. Just basic stuff about the Obsidian Sanctum, as i´m quite familliar with it.

1. Make use of the Stealth Wells. There are three wells located in Obsidian Sanctum which give you stealth for 5 minutes. The first is located in a small cavern which can be reached from the ruins inside water near the main entrance hall. Second one is located up the pitfall right next to the entrance to the spiral tower. And the third one is located above the animal arena, hidden in the backyard of the chest ruin.

2. Use stealth / mobility skills to reach them. Most classes have access to one of either. If its just you vs multiples, try to outsmart them. Use your anti-falling-damage-trait to mitigate being pushed over cliffs / outright jump down the cliffs to save some breathing room.
If its some of you vs multiples of them, split up . They cannot hunt down all of you at once. Try to break their group formation.

3. Learn speed jumping. Sounds stupid, and isnt a certain glitch or bug. By speed jumping i mean general JP practice and knowledge. The quicker jumper definitely has an advantage over his pursuer.

4. Get in touch with certain places where you may be able to use skills to short-cut parts of the JP. Best example here are leap-skills like Warrior Sword #2, Guardian Greatsword #3, Elementalist Ride The Lightning and so on… this ain´t bugusing.

5. Get used to GW2´s physics and mobility skill behavior. Most leaping skills (like those mentioned above aside from RtL) which are untargeted are dependant on the character´s movement speed. Warrior Sword #2 will bring you the furthest when out of combat and under influence of Swiftness, but will do almost nothing when chilled. Use your mobility skills when your movement is the least impaired!

6.Final tip is death-rushing. Prepare to to lure the camping group or at least most of them as far away from the spawn points as possible. They´ll follow you and hunt you down, but than instantly port back and instantly make your way through the JP. Best chance is if you do this when you already clicked the Waypoint so you have that dialogue window open.

Take this from a semi-renown, semi-experienced thief with lots of JP-love and a boatload of successfull duels (of course there´s at least nearly the same boatload of fails, but after all thats where you learn from, right? ). Eventually you´ll break their blockade. And if you dip deep enough into the the teories of applied jumping, there´s much more for you to learn and explore, especially in Obsidian Sanctum!

[DARQ]Toxxa end.

Bet this guild will complain about stealth wheels and how they’re not fair.

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

Griefer’s are little pansies in real life. They can only act that way in a game because they KNOW you can’t do anything about it. They would never act like that in real life out of fear, be nice to them, that’s all they have going for them as far as anything aggressive yeesshhh.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Now close your eyes and imagine Guild Wars 2 with open world pvp.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

PvP happened in a PvP zone. More at 11.

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

Not sure what to say because I did this kind of trolling a lot of times long time ago. I personally wouldn’t blame them for doing so. You guy’s were ppl to blame, since you tried so hard (yeah I’m aware that it sounds weird). If you would simply come back 30 minutes later they would get bored and leave this place, and since you were giving them a reason to stay it was your own fault.

Posted by: Night.4093

Night.4093

As the leader of this guild i feel like i should say something about this too.
First of all our guild name is not offensive like someone said before. It only says what we are about to do if you read it: We are “killing you in obsidian sanctum”. All we do is PvP in a PvP area and i think it is hilarious how many think that it is something bad. A year ago I struggled to get through the OS JP just like you OP. And like OldSomalia said I had the most fun if someone was trying to kill me. If i couldn’t get through i tried later. The harder it was the more fun was it to finally get to the chest. As i was getting better at the JP and my PvP skills grew, i started attacking first. Soon i went to the JP almost everyday. Duelling others at the Waypoint (and later in the arena) and of course camping. I think Obsidian Sanctum is one of the best designed maps in GW2 and I like hanging out there with my guildmates.
By the way there is always a way to get pass us, but we would be stupid to tell all our secrets. I remeber the day OP was writing about. We were 4 and your server tried to get pass us with 12 players(!). There were times less people at once managed to get pass us. So don’t say it is impossible because it sure isn’t, even if we are on a tactical better position. We’re only making the JP a little harder.
And Toxxa

the best way to deal with them is to avoid them.

you can’t avoid us.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

As this thread has turned into an avenue for players to attack others, it is now closed.