Mysterious Ship in LA??

Mysterious Ship in LA??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neo Mortem.3627

Neo Mortem.3627

I was running around Lion’s Arch on my level 45 Asura Engineer when I happened to come across a ship at the Claw Island Portage Waypoint next to the airship that will take us to the Crystal Desert for the Path of Fire expansion. I’m not talking about the Siren’s Landing ship, mind you, but a ship that sits across the harbor from the SL ship and next to the PoF airship. At first, I thought it was the ship to Claw Island since I have yet to complete that chapter on my Asura Engineer, but when I switched to my level 80 Sylvari Elementalist, who has been caught up in the story, it’s still there. Plus, I don’t even remember the ship being there before the Claw Island instances anyway on my previous characters. So, the question is, has this ship always been here? If not, what is this ship and where will it go? What’s its purpose other than to eternally annoy me about what it’s doing there?

Below is a screenshot of what I’m referring to. The ship my character is next to is the one that delivers us to Siren’s Landing; in the background across the harbor, you see another ship with the PoF airship to the right.

Attachments:

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe it’s how those Elonian refugees got to Lion’s Arch?

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: MCHarris.5648

MCHarris.5648

Its just living world season 3

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Neo Mortem.3627

I never actually thought about that. Though, I only realized the refugees not too long ago. Don’t know why it’s still here though… Unless it’s to make that connection.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

Yeah that blue glowing airship definitely the PoF ship from the demo test week ago

And it’s scheduled to fly again in 22 September 2017, make sure you have your ticket ready to take tour in crystal desert :p

Attachments:

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

(edited by akenoyuki.8210)

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Neo Mortem.3627

Yeah that blue glowing airship definitely the PoF ship from the demo test week ago

And it’s scheduled to fly again in 22 September 2017, make sure you have your ticket ready to take tour in crystal desert :p

I already knew that the airship was for PoF. I was wondering about the other ship, the one next to the airship and across the harbor from the Siren’s Landing ship.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

akenoyuki.8210

I already knew that the airship was for PoF. I was wondering about the other ship, the one next to the airship and across the harbor from the Siren’s Landing ship.

The one that look like pirate ship?

* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Neo Mortem.3627

Yes. That one.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The picture in the OP is the ship used in the last living world episode. It is how we got to Orr.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

akenoyuki.8210

Yes. That one.

It really looks like the ship to go to claw island (If my memory is correct)
Need to checking all my screenshot though to make sure

* Google Playstore Link

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

The picture in the OP is the ship used in the last living world episode. It is how we got to Orr.

No, they are specifically saying this ship is across the harbor from the ship that takes us to Siren’s Landing in Orr.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

akenoyuki.8210

Found a video, I’m sure it’s the ship to go to claw island (or to return from it)

Go straight to 31:53 – 32:00 you can see the ship on the cutscene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-xxpulMVis

* Google Playstore Link

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Neo Mortem.3627

I don’t remember it ever being there, before or after Claw Island in the past, which is why I’m asking. If it had been there, wouldn’t it have vanished once you completed the story mission of Claw Island? It would help if there was a more recent video (probably before August 8th just in case) showing the story mission, before entering the instance, so I’d know for sure if it was the same ship or not and whether or not it has always been there.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

This may belong in the Lore section as opposed to General.

Hate is Fuel.

Mysterious Ship in LA??

akenoyuki.8210

I don’t remember it ever being there, before or after Claw Island in the past, which is why I’m asking. If it had been there, wouldn’t it have vanished once you completed the story mission of Claw Island? It would help if there was a more recent video (probably before August 8th just in case) showing the story mission, before entering the instance, so I’d know for sure if it was the same ship or not and whether or not it has always been there.

Perhaps it’s the returning ship from claw island?
I don’t think I have a screenshot showing the mentioned area before august 8th and other video that I found mostly recording at the start of the instance…

This one is showing the ship right before going to the island at 00:00… It’s the same ship but different location, but it does not showing the nearby area though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OdZkOKdctY

* Google Playstore Link

Mysterious Ship in LA??

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My first thought is that Lion’s Arch is a port city, one of the major ports in Tyria, so there would be a lot of ships coming and going that have nothing to do with us and it’d make sense for Anet to move them around periodically to create the sense that things change. If I remember correctly there was a similar ship out in the bay in the original Lion’s Arch.

Having said that this is where the ship to Claw Island leaves from, but like all Personal Story instances that’s in a ‘flash back’ to the old LA so it’s unlikely thats why the ship is there now. But it’s entirely possible it’s the same ship – it belonged to the Lion Guard who are based in Fort Marriner which is just up the hill from this dock. That might well be their private dock, so they don’t have to navigate around civilian ships coming and going from the main docks on the other side.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”