Mystery Patch Notes

Mystery Patch Notes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

GW2 Mystery Patch Notes

I do hope this is only concerning content like LS content for example and not balance patches for either play style. Please tell us that this is only concerning content.

Edit: Okay hopefully the actual link I used yesterday sticks this time. Dunno what happened there but I’m sure most of the snarky people on here did actually read that same article despite their musings at my expense.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

GW2 Mystery Patch Notes

I do hope this is only concerning content like LS content for example and not balance patches for either play style. Please tell us that this is only concerning content.

You do realize that is a GW1 link and not GW2 right?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

^^^^^^

#ELEtism

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

GW2 Mystery Patch Notes

You do realize that is a GW1 link and not GW2 right?

Maybe that’s what makes it a mystery?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Hello? Is it me you’re looking for?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Mystery Patch Notes

tigirius.9014

Anyone have an answer as to whether they’ll continue patches for balance up front?

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think there will be any ‘Mystery Patch Notes’ concerning anything but content. And, I think most of the content will be in the Patch Notes that show up on Release Day.

I did enjoy the ‘week-ahead’ teasers, but it’s not that much of a hardship to wait until patch-day for the Notes.

Mystery Patch Notes

tigirius.9014

I don’t think there will be any ‘Mystery Patch Notes’ concerning anything but content. And, I think most of the content will be in the Patch Notes that show up on Release Day.

I did enjoy the ‘week-ahead’ teasers, but it’s not that much of a hardship to wait until patch-day for the Notes.

I hope so, as far as it being only about content! I don’t mind mystery notes for content at all I think it’s better that way.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Nothing new. Dungeons have got this treatment for a year already.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I am not a fan of mystery patches, personally I like to know exactly what has being changed or added.

I am sure it is nice for those that like to be surprised but more than likely most people will miss out on things entirely. I am willing to bet only those that make the effort to read up on Dulfy will see/know everything.

The entire idea behind making patches mysterious is misguided I think, I do not see it being able to accomplish what they are aiming for.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I am not a fan of mystery patches, personally I like to know exactly what has being changed or added.

I am sure it is nice for those that like to be surprised but more than likely most people will miss out on things entirely. I am willing to bet only those that make the effort to read up on Dulfy will see/know everything.

The entire idea behind making patches mysterious is misguided I think, I do not see it being able to accomplish what they are aiming for.

There are many games that don’t tell you what they add in – Rift was a good example. It is no big deal one way or the other.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Anet patch note are already a disgrace in the MMO community. Don’t get me wrong, i love the game, been playing for 1,5 year and I’ll continue to play. But these patch notes are a joke compare to those of most other MMO out there. They already skip a lot of fixes, changes, nerf, etc And a lot of the stuff that they do put into the patch notes are so vague.

If they keep secret about some of the things that will come into the game, they need to be careful. I have no problem if they don’t wrote about a specific content that is added to the game. Always fun to find a little quest, or a new funny NPC or something like that. But its frustrating when you enter a dungeon path and a Troll jump on you without any warning, that was so bad.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Anet patch note are already a disgrace in the MMO community. Don’t get me wrong, i love the game, been playing for 1,5 year and I’ll continue to play. But these patch notes are a joke compare to those of most other MMO out there. They already skip a lot of fixes, changes, nerf, etc And a lot of the stuff that they do put into the patch notes are so vague.

If they keep secret about some of the things that will come into the game, they need to be careful. I have no problem if they don’t wrote about a specific content that is added to the game. Always fun to find a little quest, or a new funny NPC or something like that. But its frustrating when you enter a dungeon path and a Troll jump on you without any warning, that was so bad.

Actually compared to what I saw in Rift, ESO Beta, TERA, TSW, etc. they are not that bad. Also, this is a box to play game, not a sub game, they ‘owe’ you nothing.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

grumble

I actually don’t mind not having everything spelled out, but kitten it! I don’t have time to search the breadth of the world for hints and clues every week.

sniffle Real life, sometimes I hate you….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

You don’t know what’s going to happen and you don’t know what you’re going to find. Every week you want to search every corner of the world because the next hint for the living world could be hidden anywhere.

No. I don’t want to have to scour every corner of the game every week to avoid missing something. I have other things to do with my time.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You don’t know what’s going to happen and you don’t know what you’re going to find. Every week you want to search every corner of the world because the next hint for the living world could be hidden anywhere.

No. I don’t want to have to scour every corner of the game every week to avoid missing something. I have other things to do with my time.

You don’t want to but others do. Five minutes after any release the info will be widely available either here on forums or youtube or Dulfy.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Human Female Running Animation
Plush Griffon Mini Pet (others?) no longer swim underwater

This is new in what way? :p

My passive aggressiveness aside, it was nice to have some extra info in the news ahead of time and in the patch notes themselves, but I can wait a day and read Dulfy on Wednesday, as Yargesh noted, which is where I inevitably go when I can’t figure something out, and asking for help in the game usually leads to silence or “Your mom” from the community.

I guess Hulk really doesn’t care about my stuff. :\

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

I’m fine with things in the story being hidden, even jumping puzzles/events being put in without notice but anything to do with game mechanics or the economy is a big nono.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

This game has too many players for mystery patch notes to be that much of an issue. It’s highly unlikely any change will go unnoticed for any length of time, even if it is extremely obscure. It’ll be up on a wiki within days, hours, probably minutes.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

You don’t want to but others do. Five minutes after any release the info will be widely available either here on forums or youtube or Dulfy.

^ this is the best response to people that don’t want to go searching. This finally gives people who are explorers at heart something to do in game because ArenaNet refuses to put in new, permanent zones for whatever reason.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

What he’s really saying there is: Everybody is looking to Dulfy.net anyway, so let’s just embrace that

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

What he’s really saying there is: Everybody is looking to Dulfy.net anyway, so let’s just embrace that

She does an amazing job, I do not begrudge her anything.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t understand what the miscommunication here is. He is talking about random Lore bits in the game. Like an NPC in an unexpected location that has something interesting to say. It is 100% story stuff.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Will we have a Scooby Doo detective crew to help us solve the Mysteries?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Some ppl realty like this type of thing. Its like a person who uses the box for a puzzle picture vs ppl who do not.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

There are many games that don’t tell you what they add in – Rift was a good example. It is no big deal one way or the other.

Thanks for that, but pointing out an obscure and irrelevant game I do not play which has `mystery´ patches that you obviously are perfectly okay with, will not change my personal opinion.

It also does not change that the whole concept is misguided and will in no way magically make things more enjoyable. I sometimes wonder what goes on at the Arena Net offices, do they even vet the ideas they have.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

And conversely you can just not read the patch notes.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Thanks for that, but pointing out an obscure and irrelevant game I do not play which has `mystery´ patches that you obviously are perfectly okay with, will not change my personal opinion.

It also does not change that the whole concept is misguided and will in no way magically make things more enjoyable. I sometimes wonder what goes on at the Arena Net offices, do they even vet the ideas they have.

Obviously their crystal ball tuned directly to your personal wants is faulty and they’re picking up someone else’s interest. They should calibrate that.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Obviously their crystal ball tuned directly to your personal wants is faulty and they’re picking up someone else’s interest. They should calibrate that.

Apparently, since thieves have been screaming “Venoms suck without using 50 trait points” and “Half of our traits are underwhelming, useless or detrimental” and not only did they give us another venom but they moved Hard to Survive down to Master.

Mystery Patch Notes

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

So, what he’s said is that all ninja nerfs are just stuff they wanted us to find organically. That’s awesome. A built in excuse for “forgetting” to put stuff in the patch notes.

What is it with anet and their pathological fear of telling the players anything for fear of “spoilers”?

(edited by Becka Williams.4978)