Mystic Binding Agent

Mystic Binding Agent

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Why Anet why!?!?!?

We don’t need the exact same recipe we already have, we need a new recipe. This one is even worse then the last one.

A simple conversion recipe would have done wonders to bring the lodestone prices in line.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

What do you mean, what exactly does the mystic binding agent do? I’ve been wanting to get it, but don’t want to waste my money if it just does the same thing as the current mf recipe.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

celestea- agent = wine in the same recipe for promotion. i would rather save my laurels….

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

10 laurels is worth much more than 2g 52s. You’re better off using 5 laurels to get a gear box and selling those exotics. Sigh. What was arenanet thinking with this?

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Wait a minute… shouldn’t it be two more days before anybody can possibly have 10 laurels?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Wait a minute… shouldn’t it be two more days before anybody can possible have 10 laurels?

The monthly can now be completed if you’ve done the daily every day.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Dailies everyday and still 11 short of an amulet.. ugh. And to think these “binding agents” cost a whopping 10 dailies? Getting 2 amulets(alts) with utilities or whatever is 80-100 whopping laurerls in themselves.. good grief those laurels are worth so much more than 2.5g.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Gasoline.2570)

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Wait a minute… shouldn’t it be two more days before anybody can possible have 10 laurels?

The monthly can now be completed if you’ve done the daily every day.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Well, this is extraordinarily underwhelming.

Mystic Binding Agent

ZudetGambeous.9573

Just to clarify the new Mystic Binding agent does NOT accept lodestones in the mystic forge. After experimenting with different mats it is simply a replacement for Elonian Wine in the core upgrade recipe. Essentially you are trading 10 laurels for 2g 25s.

Which is an awful trade, probably the worst one yet.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Kevlon.2341

Kevlon.2341

Wow…..hahahahaha i hope not too many ppl go buyin those binding agents thinking its going to be worth there time. Prob gonna see a influx of ppl crying about being jipped soon enough

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

elonian wine i’m quite sure it’s not priced 2g25s

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

elonian wine i’m quite sure it’s not priced 2g25s

10 binding agents = 10 wines

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s not the worst conversion. Sure there are RNG alternatives but this just sets a sure bottom line for the value of laurels. With high lodestone prices the value goes up. It may not always be the best one to go for, but at the very least, you know what you get which is not true for a weapon box.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Wow. That’s a disappointment. And here a lot of us were hoping that ANet had actually done something to make lodestone acquiring a little less painful.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Wow. That’s a disappointment. And here a lot of us were hoping that ANet had actually done something to make lodestone acquiring a little less painful.

ANet HAS “actually done something to make lodestone acquiring a little less painful.” I converted a metric asston of karma sitting on a character unspent to a batch of Orrian jewelry boxes, which yielded quite a few lodestones. Fastest and least painful lodestone farming I ever did.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Aeone.1083

Aeone.1083

With high lodestone prices the value goes up.

Wine will stay the same price. So the value of the binding agents is fixed and will never go up.

Aierner – Thief
Arielle Nera – Guardian
Abusing multiple guilds. [Yak] [YARR] [RIP]

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

This will go as explanation for the word “failure” in the new dictionnary for 2013.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Mystic Binding Agent

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s not the worst conversion. Sure there are RNG alternatives but this just sets a sure bottom line for the value of laurels. With high lodestone prices the value goes up. It may not always be the best one to go for, but at the very least, you know what you get which is not true for a weapon box.

The price of wine is fixed, the price of cores and lodestones goes up and down together, so these binding agents will always be worth the same.

Previously cores always sold for a maximum of 30s less then lodestones due to the conversion. All this will do is make core prices rise effectively making the whole process even more expensive then it already was.

Even now you can get more money for your laurels from buying Dyes, and if you get 4 armor boxes you will always get at least 1.5g worth of stuff with the possibility of gaining much more. The binding agent could actually have you losing money depending on the price difference between cores and lodestones.

Mystic Binding Agent

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

ANet HAS “actually done something to make lodestone acquiring a little less painful.” I converted a metric asston of karma sitting on a character unspent to a batch of Orrian jewelry boxes, which yielded quite a few lodestones. Fastest and least painful lodestone farming I ever did.

Really? :P It’s nice they put a chance for them there, but it’s no where near any sort of fix. I spent 400k karma and got 2 lodestones, luckily one was the sort I needed. But when you need 100…. better to still go to the appropriate dungeon most likely. Prices have dipped some, but nothing much has changed.