Mystic Clover Farming

Mystic Clover Farming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PANIC ITS WILL.2748

PANIC ITS WILL.2748

Hi all. Im close to crafting my first legendary weapon. Now I knew there’d be a lot of rare material gathering but I didn’t expect each legendary to require 77 mystic clovers. Now I’ve got… 20 of them, so far. I’m interested in learning how people farm enough of them? Do you just wait for the monthly reward, do you do WvW/ PvP for them or do you take your chances in the mystic forge? If anyone is willing to share some tips, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

If you enjoy pvp or wvw, several of the rewards tracks award 7 clovers each. Unfortunately these are not repeatable, so once you have completed them the rest of them only award 2 clovers each and progress slows down.

I believe 4 tracks are 7 each, 3 HoT and silverwastes. Doing them all is 56 total, but if you don’t enjoy pvp or wvw it will be a miserable process.

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I start with a bank clearout. Amazing how much gold can be gained from clearing out the mats not needed for a legendary. Then I use that as springboard to fund bits for whichever legendary I’m working on – usually starting with the coins for clovers, since the byproduct is often much needed t6 mats.

I also find if I hope for for t6 mats in the forge I get mystic coins and if I hope for coins, I get other mats…

That last method is perhaps less scientific though

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I get mine through the forge as I try to make the clovers before I have all the t6 mats. Though this method can be frustrating when it dumps gossamer on you over and over again -.-

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I get mine through the forge as I try to make the clovers before I have all the t6 mats. Though this method can be frustrating when it dumps gossamer on you over and over again -.-

That’s when you sell the gossamer for gold to spend on other things needed like icy runestones.

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It is strongly recommended that you do your Mystic Clover forging first as the output can give you clovers or other crafting materials that will also be needed for the Legendary.

Also, do the 1 recipe instead of the 10 recipe. The 10 recipe results in higher variance which is fine if you are wealthy or looking to do 10 Legendaries but dangerous if you are poor and looking to do 1 Legendary. The 1 recipe gets you closer to the expected 30% success rate.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: PANIC ITS WILL.2748

PANIC ITS WILL.2748

Thanks all for the help

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I use the Mystic Forge. I never play PvP, rarely play WvW and I have lots of Mystic Coins and Spirit Shards and Obsidian and Ectoplasm are easy to get so it’s the best option for me.

Plus if you don’t get a clover you’re likely to get T6 materials, which are required for the same Gift, so as long as you start making the clovers first it works out well.

(For future reference any time you’re thinking about making a legendary, or any other item you know is going to be a big commitment, it’s a good idea to check the Wiki first. That lists everything required to make them and where it comes from, so you’ll know what you’re getting into before you start and can plan ahead.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I just waited for the monthly box. I was working on the other parts at the same time on just a part time basis so it did not take long to get them.

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

With the forge I find the process more interesting by opening notepad and recording the tries it took to get each of the 77. Ends up looking something like “3 6 6 2 1 3 4 2 2 7 9 1 etc”.

Then you can add up the numbers at the end and divide by 77 to get your average tries per clover. 3.2 is supposed to be the average according to wiki.

It does mostly average out without too much varience in the end. It’s basically going to cost you 200-300 coins+ectos, likely the average in the middle around 230-270.

Mystic Clover Farming

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Hi all. Im close to crafting my first legendary weapon. Now I knew there’d be a lot of rare material gathering but I didn’t expect each legendary to require 77 mystic clovers. Now I’ve got… 20 of them, so far. I’m interested in learning how people farm enough of them? Do you just wait for the monthly reward, do you do WvW/ PvP for them or do you take your chances in the mystic forge? If anyone is willing to share some tips, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

My first legendary I did the forge, as I needed T6 mats also, my second legendary I didn’t plan on making at all, I’ve been playing, I play PvP and just do reward tracks, alot of them give clovers. When I made the moot yesterday, I had 90 in my bank, I only decided to make it about 2-3 weeks ago. I found out I had 90% of the mats needed, I just had to buy 500g worth of T6 mats and ecto, the icy runic stones and I was done. I just hope the mace dose not become a junk weapon after the 26th.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|