Mystic Clovers

Mystic Clovers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lyah.9548

Lyah.9548

Is this a bug or I’m just really unlucky?
So I have 21 globs of ectoplasm, and from these 21 I only get 4 mystic clovers. If I’m not mistaken, you said that in 3 trys, I get at least on mystic clover. That did not happen…

Today, I had 7 globs of ectoplasm, from 6 trys, I only get one clover – shouldn’t I get at least 2?

This is really making my life miserable. I almost got everything but I need still need to farm a lot of rares to get the ectoplasm, that doesn’t even has the chance of getting one per salvage. Still need more than 20 clovers to get to the 77, but you are really making my life pretty hard with the wrong probablity in getting mystic clovers and with the anti-farming system.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Nilm.2984

Nilm.2984

We definitely want to fix any issues with the Mystic Forge, and we’re sorry to hear that some of you haven’t been getting items from certain recipes. From what I understand, part of what makes fixing these issues difficult is finding the recipes that are broken, as there are a very large number of possible combinations.

To help us identify the problematic recipes, please try to be as specific as possible when reporting recipes that don’t work. Example: saying that you put in four masterwork items and didn’t get anything back isn’t as helpful as saying that you put in four masterwork greatswords and didn’t get anything back, as the latter helps us focus in on a particular item type/recipe.

Thank you for your support in tracking these problems down!

Forge has been broken for over 9 days now.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Only had a rate of 20% myself its the problem of rng to get items rng to get ectos breaking them down rng to get the clovers from the forge.
Some people will get lucky some people will take 4 times the effort for the same result.
A pity it isnt just x items give a clover

Ulfar SOR

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

I’m currently at 64 clovers, used 315 globs………..mystic toilet’s flusher is one of those super flushers that can flush 100 golf balls in one flush, in my case globs

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: evo.8640

evo.8640

I personally had really good success with the 10per recipe. Quite a few others have reported similar findings in other threads regarding legendarys and clover discussion.

Give that a try and see if your luck changes.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

171 ectos for 77 clovers. did mostly 10’s

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Royel.6852

Royel.6852

Or you could use the recipe that gives a near constant yield instead of gambling.

Recipe for 10 (Unknown Chance)
10 Obsidian Shard 21,000 needed or 150
10 Mystic Coins
10 Globs of Ectoplasm
10 Crystals 6 needed

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bolt

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Weird. I just did a day or two ago, 10 tries (1x), got around 4 clovers. however, the other day, I also did 20 tries, got only around 3 clovers.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

I got my 77 clovers with 226 Ectos. My friend got it with 120 Ectos. RNG

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Condas.7056

Condas.7056

When I finished my clovers I had about a 60% success rate. That is highly unusual though. This was around mid November.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Ugh, I am saving clovers for the last part. Hopefully we will see a “fixed issue with Mystic Forge” in the patch notes soon ^__^

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Aelaren.3784

Aelaren.3784

I try to make some clovers every day, one at a time, till Zommoros starts getting funny on me (ie ori-gossamer-wood). So far I have 10 clovers for 23 tries. Every time I put stuff in forge I cross my fingers to get anything but clover, really. Because mostly its T6 that I really lack (and need) at the moment, or even lodestone.

I am quite confident I can amass some more ecto by salvaging dungeon token rewards even if rares don`t drop for me as normal loot, but I have no idea where to get more lodestones

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

Wow, one might think that it was based on some kind of random number generation each attempt. But heavens no, 21 tries clearly shows that it’s broken, cause you know, that’s an accurate yield of statistics _?

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Jasta.1094

Jasta.1094

I got 10 clovers from my very first craft but after that I havent seen another clover, using about 130 ecto so far (only using 10x) and only getting other mats. Trying to look on the bright side that its cutting my cost down a bit on the other mats for Might/Magic, but its still a pain to see Gossamer and Putrid Essence drop from the forge.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

First you need gamble time to get a rare/exotic drop
Second you need to gamble rares/exotics to get Ectoplasm
Third you need to gamble Ectoplasm to get Mystic Clovers.
Welcome to authorised gambling — the “alternative” to grinding.

Never been a big gambler, never will be. Got to about 12 Mystic Clovers with 30ish Ectoplasm, then got bored. Even with relatively good luck on clovers, I have appaling luck on rare drops and terrible luck with ectoplasm.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

Or you could use the recipe that gives a near constant yield instead of gambling.

Recipe for 10 (Unknown Chance)
10 Obsidian Shard 21,000 needed or 150
10 Mystic Coins
10 Globs of Ectoplasm
10 Crystals 6 needed

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bolt

Did 7 of these in a row and got zero clovers.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well if they remove common materials from the recipe so it rewards only fine materials and lodestones (+ectos/shards/coins as they do know) I wouldn’t have any problems with the RNG… I made 7 clovers with 23 tries (which is close to 1/3) but got 6 leather/5 gossamer/3 wood and 2 ori… which are pretty much useless compared to the actual cost. Also after 23 tries I didn’t get a single lodestone.

I believe if they improved what you can get from the mystic clover recipies, instead of being another gold sink to create your legendary, it would actually be a somewhat useful recipe as a whole.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

It’s called having bad luck. You can try 100 times in a row and not get single clover. The odds are extremely against it, but it could happen.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

I don’t know what it will take for people to see why this “system” works the way it does in a game where they want you to buy gems.

otherwise known as gems to gold or GTFO

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

rng is rng.

I don’t like it…thank god it’s not required to play at high end PvE, tho.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

It’s only around a 33% drop rate.
In total, you’re looking at spending 3x the amount of mats required
The forge isn’t broken and you’re not ‘really unlucky’ – I’ve attempted a few times and most have been T6 mats >.< Frustrating to say the least, but that’s how it is

Edit – As for it being a gold sink, I haven’t spent a single copper on my mats for mystic clovers It’s quite easy to do it for cheap/free with just a little resourcefulness and patience.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

I just love it when things in this game don’t work and somehow through mystic means point you over to buy something using rl money...

Mors janua vitæ

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Well if they remove common materials from the recipe so it rewards only fine materials and lodestones (+ectos/shards/coins as they do know) I wouldn’t have any problems with the RNG… I made 7 clovers with 23 tries (which is close to 1/3) but got 6 leather/5 gossamer/3 wood and 2 ori… which are pretty much useless compared to the actual cost. Also after 23 tries I didn’t get a single lodestone.

I believe if they improved what you can get from the mystic clover recipies, instead of being another gold sink to create your legendary, it would actually be a somewhat useful recipe as a whole.

Mystic clovers are not a gold sink. That aside, I would love to stop getting those ori/gossamer/wood/leather(ewww) stuff from it, but, well, can’t win them all.

Also, the recipe isn’t broken. I crafted 28 last night, got 8 in a roll…should’ve stopped after that though…

Mystic Clovers

mavet.3047

Come on now. 4-leaf clovers are hard enough to find, now you expect to get the mystic ones any easier???

Mors janua vitæ

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well I just used 90 Ectos, 90 Mystic Coins, 90 Crystals and 90 Obsidian Shards and got a grand total of 10 Mystic Clovers, that’s 1 out 9 The game obviously hates me.

Mystic Clovers

mavet.3047

Well I just used 90 Ectos, 90 Mystic Coins, 90 Crystals and 90 Obsidian Shards and got a grand total of 10 Mystic Clovers, that’s 1 out 9 The game obviously hates me.

It’s a leprechaun conspiracy I tell you - they control all the clovers... lmao!!

Mors janua vitæ