Mystic Clovers

Mystic Clovers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mance.8201

mance.8201

26 combines (that’s 546k karma, 156 skill points, 260 mystic coins and 260 globes).

60 clovers.

Very effective way to be completely disgusted with a game.

Mystic clovers are the most wonderful game mechanism ever, the whole video game industry should realise that right now and start implementing similar “slap in the face gambling features”.

Maybe this time I won’t be moderated in under 30 seconds ?

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: skuko.5783

skuko.5783

it’s called “legendary” for a reason.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Silvard.3469

Silvard.3469

That would be a horrible reason.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Catrenna.4298

Catrenna.4298

You’d probably have 77 if you forged one clover at a time.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Whine whine whine. If you don’t like what a recipe gives you, don’t use it.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

wait… you didn’t use the 1 clover recipe?

well you chose to take the much much much much much riskier option and you paid for it… don’t really know what to tell you. Next time take the safer route and you’ll get safer results /shrug

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Beltaine.8402

Beltaine.8402

At least you can get to the Obsidian Shard vendor on your server. Ours hasn’t been up in weeks.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Things like this remind me of Aion. In Aion you can slot your weapons and armor with additional stats… the catch is, the slotting process can fail. And if it fails, every slot on that item is cleared out. So if you buy 4 SUPER expensive stat items to slot your weapon with, and you successfully put in 3 slots and fail the 4th… you lose all 4 items.

What is it with Asian MMOs and their super crazy RNG gambles?

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Your own fault for using the 10 clover recipe and flying right past the 1 clover recipe that has a much better average.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

“Let me tell you the tale of the brave warrior who threw a bunch of things into a magic portal in hope of getting other magical things to be one step closer to creating the legendary sword of old…”

Not a very interesting legend imo. These weapons should be called “of the Gambler”.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

150 skill points, 250 globs, 250 shards and 250 mystic coins are enough if you use the 1 clover recipe. Also this requires a LOT of gold that’s why I’m stacking hundreds of gold in my bank before starting my legendary…

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

26 attempts 6 lots of 10 clover back, thats 1 in 4.333

Sounds about right. Whats the complaint?

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Clovers are a 1/3 chance for both the x1/x10 recipe.
more RNG for the RNG god that is Zommoros.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

I see clovers coming to gem store any day now.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Neodaystar.4279

Neodaystar.4279

Thank you for sharing the info with us mance. Now we know that using the bundle recipe doesn’t give us any higher changes of getting the clovers. I was wondering about this too, but decided not to use this recipe until I get confirmation, so thanks a bunch! I checked with the gw2 wiki, and even on that it says the statics for the 2 recopies were unknown.

Hope you ignore the posters who says you are just whinging, they just have nothing constructive to say and just like bullying others. Hope their comments gets deleted, and you continue sharing

(edited by Neodaystar.4279)

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Your own fault for using the 10 clover recipe and flying right past the 1 clover recipe that has a much better average.

Actually, I used the 10 clover recipe and while it only gave out 10 clovers a time I got 10 clovers three times in a row, I only started using the single recipe after getting desperate for skillpoints after obtaining 70. Still have 4 bloodshards left after crafting my 77 =)

Remember OP: It’s no one’s fault that you gambled away your resources. Take a deep breath, go out for a run, and come back prepared and ready to “attack” the game (you already are, but the context in which I use “attack” has different connotations than vicious complaints).

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

Buahaha, complaining about RNG on clovers? It took me 31 “10-attempts” to get 60 clovers and from there I said F it and did 1 combines for the remaining 17. I thought this was incredibly annoying and frustrating. However…

Let me tell you that clovers is a complete joke to the luck required for your precursor weapons. I mean it just feels so legendary and epic, I can barely contain myself when I see a legendary and see how good they are at this game, they knew how to put those four items in the Mystic Forge so skillfully that I don’t think I’ll ever get that good at this game to get my precursor.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Varl.3269

Varl.3269

I got screwed on clovers as well. It’s not a huge deal. By the time you actually get a precursor that extra 200k karma isn’t going to matter. I’m completely done with everything except that 1 item, and I’m broke. RNG is a kitten.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Ashes.6418

Ashes.6418

RNG is a great way to add arbitrary difficulty into a game indeed. It’s a poor excuse of a game mechanic designed only to artificially extend the “legendary weapon” content.

Luck =/= Difficulty

But I’m afraid it’s probably the only thing we’ll ever get. Aquiring top-tier weapons in other MMOs is always about grinding and RNG as well, why should we expect GW2 to be any different; It’s not like they wanted to redefine the genre or anything.

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

Agreed, luck doesn’t equal difficulty. Luck does not equal achievement either. All this random crap means I couldn’t care less about trying to get a legendary. If I ever got a precursor drop, I’d brag about it all over map chat, then I’d sell the thing. I have zero interest in gambling for an in-game weapon.

On the other hand, if a legendary was something to achieve without the random gamble, I might be interested. In fact, as a more casual player, something like that could be the impetus for guys like me sticking with the game for years.

Oh well…

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

RNG is a great way to add arbitrary difficulty into a game indeed. It’s a poor excuse of a game mechanic designed only to artificially extend the “legendary weapon” content.

Luck =/= Difficulty

But I’m afraid it’s probably the only thing we’ll ever get. Aquiring top-tier weapons in other MMOs is always about grinding and RNG as well, why should we expect GW2 to be any different; It’s not like they wanted to redefine the genre or anything.

That would be fair to say if the weapon istelf was actually top tier, but it’s not, aside from the skin, it’s completely identical to any other exotic, you can take a level 80 GS and get the exact same stats without the skin. At least in other games, Legendary stood out amongst weapons for more than just aesthetic appearance, FFXI for example had better stats (in general) and came with its own unique weapon skill or abilities. Here it’s just a case of “oh wow that looks nice” for all your hard work.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: Saturn L O L.1406

Saturn L O L.1406

Legendary, not every person can get this thinking it is easy to get. stop crying for it for once, nobodys telling you you have to do it. you should know the risks and costs before even starting to do this

Mystic Clovers

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

What is “legendary” when 90% of needs for it can be bought for RL money ??? Buy gems for 1000$ buy everything from broker and take some days to farm karma. IS that legendary or is that rich kids way to get items ? How long will pass till they add karma to BLT ? Its clear that nothing here is as legendary as buying gems. And thats clearly where they wish you to be.