Mystic Coin Cost

Mystic Coin Cost

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alec B.8905

Alec B.8905

225 gold for a stack and you can only get 20 a month talk about a gold sink. These should be more available and not that expensive.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There was a thread started today about this and numerous others.

There are currently more mystic coins being generated than what are being used. They have stated that they have no intention at the moment to change anything.

Edit: The number of coins needed can also be brought down by doing reward tracks and the chest from the daily rewards at the end of 28 days.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I don’t mind. Five accounts = cha-ching!

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Hey OP

Attachments:

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

You can get them through the Legendary Ley-Line Anomaly event ounce a day, Sometimes the daily is for using the mystic forge and if you do it then you get a coin as a reward. Also your login rewards have them ounce a week. Plenty of ways to get them, and it’s nice imo that not everything has no value what so ever aside from ascended stuff so I’m perfectly fine with the price and supply/demand as they are right now.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’m waiting for 1g each. Then I might sell some.
Or maybe 1.5 g each would be better…

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

225 gold for a stack and you can only get 20 a month talk about a gold sink. These should be more available and not that expensive.

so you can get 60 gold a month from doing dailies, then another 50 or so from rewards , then you have your 20 mystical coins. that’s free gold, the direct opposite of a gold sink.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

Do the Ley-Line Anomaly boss for 1 mystic coin and 50 silver per day. It’s best done right after you finish Tequatl at reset. Or you can look at the three maps it spawns in via the timer.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

so you can get 60 gold a month from doing dailies, then another 50 or so from rewards , then you have your 20 mystical coins. that’s free gold, the direct opposite of a gold sink.

When you sell coins at TP, there is loss in gold due to TP cut. That gold is lost in the wast voids of Anet vaults hidden deep under Rata Novus..

Gold from dailies is opposite of that, it’s gold generated out of nowhere and causing slow inflation.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Theres currently 17800 MC for sale on TP, so its not as if the market is going to run out any time soon.
Supply / demand economics is working exactly as you would expect so as the price rises, more people will start selling them.
The price of MC has only varied between around 78S and 90S over the last 5 months.
Theres no problem that needs fixing.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s also estimated by GW2BLTC that in the last 24 hours that 6000 were bought immediately (from asks) and 4000 were sold immediately (to bids).

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19976-Mystic-Coin

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s also estimated by GW2BLTC that in the last 24 hours that 6000 were bought immediately (from asks) and 4000 were sold immediately (to bids).

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19976-Mystic-Coin

Indeed. There’s a lot of people who don’t want to wait for the market to adjust “some day”; they want their shinies today and are willing to pay plenty for the privilege.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Most of the money is going to another player if you buy them from the Trading Post so it’s hardly a gold sink.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Nope, you need to suffer as I have. I made 2 HoT Legendaries and PvP legendary and had to buy tons of Coins, especially with Chuka since I failed so much on Clovers that I used 3 Stacks of Obsidian Shards. Enjoy my money multi-accounters while my Sylvari lives out his life naked in a cardboard box. (but with shinies. :>)

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Do you have any evidence to support your statement? Something official telling us how many coins are generated every day / how many are used every day / how many are kept to be used in the future / how many are kept without a purpose? A 2-3 months statistics?
I really hope you don’t take seriously what ANet says without any clear evidence from their part – they have a long history of lies.

There was a discussion a few months back in which Chris Cleary and John Smith posted and said that more Mystic Coins are created than are used. The reason for the price increase is what is known as a “bubble” (i.e. consumer perception of value is no longer related to actual supply or demand and is growing without regard for either). Once it reaches a popping point, Mystic Coin prices will cave quickly.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Post by Chris Cleary on supply and usage,

Most of this price increase revolves around players that are pushing the value up due to the players willingness to pay more. If players are willing to pay more for an item, it’s going to keep increasing until eventually it hits a ceiling for the commodity. We’ve seen the same thing occur with numerous commodities over time.

Right now there is a consistent supply of mystic coins entering the game (way more than are being consumed) and churning through the trading post at a very slow rate. Most of the coins on the market are ones that have been flipped.

In retrospect, this is actually causing the daily login reward to be worth significantly more to players who wish to convert mystic coins to gold.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

This are words. Even coming from a dev, without any evidence to support them, we have here hollow words. They said. Nothing about they proved.

I read what they said. Is more about the players behavior rather than a supply/demand debate. They have no intention to change the supply ratio for MC, but they want to change the players behavior regarding this. With other word to “re-educate” the players to think as the devs thinks. Because, you know, (I will repeat) they know better than us what is good for us.

This “educational” effort was the most intense in two social orders: The starters of the WWII (pff – kitten filter) and communistic. They invested the most effort to make the citizens to accept the idea that the liders knows better what is good for the masses. Using (along with other methods) words. Hollow words. And look at the results.

Instead of blindly believing what they said, is not commonsense to ask some evidence for that? Something taking into consideration how many MC are generated daily / how many are used / how many are needed for players long term goals and are stored / how many are used for speculations on the market? Did they make such an analysis? If YES – why they don’t share the results with us – just to support they words? If NOT – how can we consider that statement as true?

“… consumer perception of value is no longer related to actual supply or demand … " - it seems that a merely economist knows what the consumer perception is. And he is sure that this perception is wrong. Well, this is again a sign that they want us to give-up thinking and to let them to think for us. The PERCEPTION ? Is Mr. Smith a psychologist? A sociologist? Can he share with us his parameters to quantify a correct perception? And what aspect is wrong with our perception?

And maybe he can explain us why his perception is better than our?

Let’s take an example: a picture. Can Mr Smith tell us how the value of a picture is perceived by a painter and how the same value is perceived by a musician? Who is right between the two? How he perceive the same value? And why he is right and the other two are wrong?

This was an entertaining bit of fiction.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

When a person wants something bad enough they find a way. When they don’t they complain on the internet.

225 gold is not a difficult or painful thing to obtain if you use your noggin. A person can still make a dedicated effort for the things they want w/o making the game a grind or miserable experience.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Mystic Coin Cost

Ayrilana.1396

mtpelion.4562

There was a discussion a few months back in which Chris Cleary and John Smith posted and said that more Mystic Coins are created than are used. The reason for the price increase is what is known as a “bubble” (i.e. consumer perception of value is no longer related to actual supply or demand and is growing without regard for either). Once it reaches a popping point, Mystic Coin prices will cave quickly.

This are words. Even coming from a dev, without any evidence to support them, we have here hollow words. They said. Nothing about they proved.

I read what they said. Is more about the players behavior rather than a supply/demand debate. They have no intention to change the supply ratio for MC, but they want to change the players behavior regarding this. With other word to “re-educate” the players to think as the devs thinks. Because, you know, (I will repeat) they know better than us what is good for us.

This “educational” effort was the most intense in two social orders: The starters of the WWII (pff – kitten filter) and communistic. They invested the most effort to make the citizens to accept the idea that the liders knows better what is good for the masses. Using (along with other methods) words. Hollow words. And look at the results.

Instead of blindly believing what they said, is not commonsense to ask some evidence for that? Something taking into consideration how many MC are generated daily / how many are used / how many are needed for players long term goals and are stored / how many are used for speculations on the market? Did they make such an analysis? If YES – why they don’t share the results with us – just to support they words? If NOT – how can we consider that statement as true?

“… consumer perception of value is no longer related to actual supply or demand … " - it seems that a merely economist knows what the consumer perception is. And he is sure that this perception is wrong. Well, this is again a sign that they want us to give-up thinking and to let them to think for us. The PERCEPTION ? Is Mr. Smith a psychologist? A sociologist? Can he share with us his parameters to quantify a correct perception? And what aspect is wrong with our perception?

And maybe he can explain us why his perception is better than our?

Let’s take an example: a picture. Can Mr Smith tell us how the value of a picture is perceived by a painter and how the same value is perceived by a musician? Who is right between the two? How he perceive the same value? And why he is right and the other two are wrong?

If you disagree with what they’re saying then chances are that you’d disagree with whatever evidence they provided. You have a set belief on what is going on and anything that doesn’t fit that narrative you will dispute.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

Ayrilana.1396

If you disagree with what they’re saying then chances are that you’d disagree with whatever evidence they provided.

Are you sure?
I can detect here a pattern in your rationament: If they agree with my words, no evidence needed. But if they don’t agree with my words that means they will not agree with the evidences, so, again no evidence needed.

I asked for evidences to support the words of the devs. Do you know me better than me and you know that I will ignore the evidences? You know better than me how I will think?

I see that you used the formula "chances are that you’d disagree … ". From the way you formulate your posts I can figure that you are very careful to let a door open – just in case. Your statement does not exclude the chance that I can take the evidences into consideration. But even so, you don’t bother to give any evidence.

The devs said: “There are currently more mystic coins being generated than what are being used” and you repeat this without giving any evidence. Still, repeating a thing is not equal to proving that thing.
But, a propaganda minister (I won’t tell the name and the political party he belonged because of the forum filters) said that if you repeat a lie enough times, the auditorium will start to consider that lie to be a true. Is just a matter of repetition.

Is what is happening here with the MC problem (and another few problems). ANet is saying something they cannot / don’t want to prove. And that something is repeated (without any valid argument) by all the ANet partisans :-))

Mr. Smith asks us to believe in an economical detail and he thinks he is the only smart person able to understand it. The others cannot understand. And because the others are not smart enough, the evidences are not necessary.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

<snipped>

If you disagree with what they’re saying then chances are that you’d disagree with whatever evidence they provided.

This is a fallacious argument. “I say” does not equate with “I prove.”

You have a set belief on what is going on and anything that doesn’t fit that narrative you will dispute.

It takes one to know one.

Mystic Coin Cost

Ayrilana.1396

<snipped>

This is a fallacious argument. “I say” does not equate with “I prove.”

You have a set belief on what is going on and anything that doesn’t fit that narrative you will dispute.

It takes one to know one.

Anet is in the position to have access the data. Them stating what they have stated is no different than providing evidence. It all comes from them and if one disagrees with one then they’ll disagree with the other. There is no evidence that Anet is lying.

Mystic Coin Cost

Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are you sure?
I can detect here a pattern in your rationament: If they agree with my words, no evidence needed. But if they don’t agree with my words that means they will not agree with the evidences, so, again no evidence needed.

I asked for evidences to support the words of the devs. Do you know me better than me and you know that I will ignore the evidences? You know better than me how I will think?

I see that you used the formula "chances are that you’d disagree … ". From the way you formulate your posts I can figure that you are very careful to let a door open – just in case. Your statement does not exclude the chance that I can take the evidences into consideration. But even so, you don’t bother to give any evidence.

The devs said: “There are currently more mystic coins being generated than what are being used” and you repeat this without giving any evidence. Still, repeating a thing is not equal to proving that thing.
But, a propaganda minister (I won’t tell the name and the political party he belonged because of the forum filters) said that if you repeat a lie enough times, the auditorium will start to consider that lie to be a true. Is just a matter of repetition.

Is what is happening here with the MC problem (and another few problems). ANet is saying something they cannot / don’t want to prove. And that something is repeated (without any valid argument) by all the ANet partisans :-))

Mr. Smith asks us to believe in an economical detail and he thinks he is the only smart person able to understand it. The others cannot understand. And because the others are not smart enough, the evidences are not necessary.

Feel free to dissect what I said all that you wish. Anet stating what they stated and Anet providing evidence is exactly the same. It all comes from them. If you disagree with one then you’ll likely disagree with the other. I seem to recall this happening years ago in regards to precursors and players supposedly manipulating the market. They provided the numbers and some still rejected it.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Anet is in the position to have access the data. Them stating what they have stated is no different than providing evidence. It all comes from them and if one disagrees with one then they’ll disagree with the other. There is no evidence that Anet is lying.

Theres also no evidence that Anet is telling the truth.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

“When you spring to an idea, and decide it is truth, without evidence, you blind yourself to other possibilities.” Robin Hobb Assassin’s Apprentice

@Cristalyan: You’re as guilty of this as anyone else in this thread.

The fact is, you (we) are never going to be given all the information that ANet has to work with. Most of us do not have the experience in MMO economies that John Smith and others at ANet have. Sure, they can make mistakes. And, sure, they could manipulate the truth about what they know.

But, you still won’t have that information either way…. So, the actual question is, are you capable and willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until other information can be presented?

Being open to the possibility you’re being lied to isn’t the same as deciding that you’ve been lied to.

The reality of the mystic coin prices is in front of you. Learn to deal with it and find ways to cope with what frustrates you, or don’t bother with mystic coins and accept there’re items you won’t be able to access.

~EW

Mystic Coin Cost

Ayrilana.1396

So you automatically assume everyone is lying? Besides, any evidence that Anet provided would likely be dismissed as false by those who do not believe what Anet stated. If there’s that amount of distrust that they don’t believe what it said by Anet then it’s fairly reasonable to believe that they would likely do the same for any evidence that comes from Anet.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Most of the money is going to another player if you buy them from the Trading Post so it’s hardly a gold sink.

All of the money isn’t a gold sink but a significant amount is. Any Merchant or process where you spend money in-game and that money doesn’t go to another player is a gold sink.

“Gold sink is an economic process by which a video game’s ingame currency (‘gold’), or any item that can be valued against it, is removed. This process is comparable to financial repression in real economies. Most commonly the genres are role-playing game or massively multiplayer online game.

Gold sink – Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink"

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you don’t accept ANet’s word that they are telling the truth, then what evidence could they possibly provide that you would believe?

It’s not that hard to come up with an estimate of number of accounts logging in per day (it will be off from reality, but we can estimate it) and count the number of coins, compare it to estimates from GW2Efficiency as to how many people are using mystic coins, and compare that to how many being sold on the TP.

My estimates show that ANet’s statements are reasonable, that there are a lot of coins being generated. (I can’t speak to how many are getting flipped or speculated on; no way to tell the source of a sold coin.)

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, so go ahead and do your own back-of-the-envelope calculations. Present them in these forums (by the way: be prepared to have them dissected and your rhetoric parsed, as seen in this thread). I’ll look at them with an open mind.

I’m skeptical about any claim, including any made by ANet. But in the absence of evidence to the contrary, I’m willing to accept their word, especially as it fits with the visible evidence.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

People like OP need to get over themselves, and realize that these things are much more than about themselves and their own problems. It’s like coming on forums and complaining that it took you 500 tries to get clovers u need, when it take most of us less then half that. You don’t blame rng then, just like u don’t blame anet’s hand in this (or lack thereof) just bc things don’t go your way.

There was a thread a few weeks ago abt a guy who complained mystic coins kept rising and rising and would hit 1g and over. guess what it never happened an the guy ot embarrassed and took his thread down or something. In fact a while after his thread ended, I bought out a couple stacks of coins for about 70s each. So yeah that should tell u something

There can be lot of reasons for mystic coin spike that have nothing to do with not enough supply as u claim. Higher demand can due to various reasons like I dunno maybe the new legendary shield that was leaked and ppl were enthused about, so that might be one thing that explain it.point is to remain calm the world is not gonna end

Some other guy worried about globs hitting 20s or even less bc of popularity of ab farm.. Did it happen? No it didn’t even get close but it was a nice thought. Sometimes it pays to just wait and let these things work themselves out

Arun Kar

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Mystic Coins eh?

Attachments:

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The post saying that “currently” mystic coins are being made more than consumed is 6 months old though. Not saying that it’s not the case still, but holding on to that statement like some golden truth is not THAT reliable in an ever changing environment. There has been a new legendary, rumours of more coming, statements on the economic state of the game. If there’s anything to note, it’s that an economy is ever changing.

Other than that, most goals using mystic coins generally involve a long time investment (on the average player), which might just skew the whole statement made on a short amount of time. It would be interesting to know how much is consumed and made over a year.

But yeah, the statement that more are generated doesn’t really give any great insight into what the problem really is, nor does it mean that there’s no problem.
Probably leaning towards that making a legendary right now is harder (or costier) than it was before. Not even thinking about additional goals that also require mystic coins. (hello guild halls, mystic forge weapons, and achievements that involve those )

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

mtpelion.4562

You know what is awesome about this … it’s correct and you know what else? It doesn’t matter. Anet can say white … or they can say black, but in the end they make decisions based on what THEY say it is, whether it’s true or not. Whether you believe them or not is not a prerequisite for Anet said something or doing something based on what they believe, however they arrived to their conclusion.

Personally, I think the complaints about the MC price is ridiculous. It’s market driven. It’s so hypocritical for people to complain about one mat that bothers them, but they probably have no problem with many of the other mats they need that they can buy for a low price … No one is fooled.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

All of the money isn’t a gold sink but a significant amount is. Any Merchant or process where you spend money in-game and that money doesn’t go to another player is a gold sink.

“Gold sink is an economic process by which a video game’s ingame currency (‘gold’), or any item that can be valued against it, is removed. This process is comparable to financial repression in real economies. Most commonly the genres are role-playing game or massively multiplayer online game.

Gold sink – Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink"

Not sure why you’re explaining this to me because I wasn’t saying anything in contrary to what you told me. 15% of a TP transaction (of anything sold not just Mystic Coins) is absorbed into the system and disappears from the economy. The remaining 85% of the item value is given to another player during the transaction and thus still exists in the world. All I’d say is that 85% is a lot more significant than the 15%.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Personally, I think the complaints about the MC price is ridiculous. It’s market driven. It’s so hypocritical for people to complain about one mat that bothers them, but they probably have no problem with many of the other mats they need that they can buy for a low price … No one is fooled.

I don’t see how that’s ridiculous. People only complain about things that bothers them. It’s ridiculous to expect otherwise.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Mystic Coins eh?

So are you the flipper the dev spoke of? :x

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

There are currently more mystic coins being generated than what are being used. They have stated that they have no intention at the moment to change anything.

Edit: The number of coins needed can also be brought down by doing reward tracks and the chest from the daily rewards at the end of 28 days.

How many Mystic coins do you get in that chest, what option do you pick the Legendary chest?

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

How many Mystic coins do you get in that chest, what option do you pick the Legendary chest?

I think he means the legendary chest where u can choose crafting mats for legendaries mostly. Indirectly u can relate this to mystic coins, in the sense of how many u would end up saving, but on average I’d say it’s ~21 mystic coins.

There are other daily chests that reward coins exclusively tho. Bag of mystic coins or somesuch I believe there called.

By far and above the end-day chest reward nets u the most coins, which I guess is why he alluded to it tho

Arun Kar

Mystic Coin Cost

Ayrilana.1396

You get 7 mystic clovers from that chest which reduced the number of coins that you need.

One can earn at 48 mystic coins every 28 days guaranteed. A few more can be earned depending on how often the MF daily comes up.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The post saying that “currently” mystic coins are being made more than consumed is 6 months old though. Not saying that it’s not the case still, but holding on to that statement like some golden truth is not THAT reliable in an ever changing environment. There has been a new legendary, rumours of more coming, statements on the economic state of the game. If there’s anything to note, it’s that an economy is ever changing.

Other than that, most goals using mystic coins generally involve a long time investment (on the average player), which might just skew the whole statement made on a short amount of time. It would be interesting to know how much is consumed and made over a year.

But yeah, the statement that more are generated doesn’t really give any great insight into what the problem really is, nor does it mean that there’s no problem.
Probably leaning towards that making a legendary right now is harder (or costier) than it was before. Not even thinking about additional goals that also require mystic coins. (hello guild halls, mystic forge weapons, and achievements that involve those )

True but this was after the change from daily/monthly to login rewards. Unless there’s been a major decrease in players logging in or an uptick in players needing MC, that analysis will still hold true. More so now that they’ve added the event that rewards one MC daily.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Price of MCs is back down to 82S and the number for sale has risen from 17000 to 19204 in just 2 days, so theres no problem, supply / demand is working.

Mystic Coin Cost

Posted by: Moderator

[This thread appears to have run its course. Thank you for the discussion and feedback, it is now closed]