Mystic Coins...

Mystic Coins...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Unlike most posts on the subject I’m not going to complain about the availability/cost of them. Instead I want some opinions on what you think is going to happen with them.

I’m planning to craft twilight soon & as we all know it currently costs in the ballpark of 300g worth of ecto & coins just to roll for clovers on average. Most of us should also remember the many times anet has made worthless materials (t5 cloth & leather) into something worthwhile to sell on the TP, this also includes coins which were nearly worthless.

Many of us should also remember many items that were initially very costly but lost all value when more were added to the game, the most recent example being resonating slivers which were over 1g and now are at a whopping 10 copper.

I’m not asking for opinions on what you think anet SHOULD do, I want to know what you think anet WILL do when it comes to mystic coins.

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Anet will do nothing about mystic coins

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Clovers drop from the PvP tracks, so my semi-educated guess is it’s not something anet is terribly worried about.

Mystic Coins...

Allison The Strange.4519

Clovers drop from the PvP tracks, so my semi-educated guess is it’s not something anet is terribly worried about.

I’m well aware of clovers being available from both PvP & WvW tracks. That has no impact on what I’m asking.

I’m asking if you think anet will allow mystic coins to keep increasing in price or if they will add a new way to obtain them that will drop their price drastically.

Mystic Coins...

Fluffball.8307

I’m well aware of clovers being available from both PvP & WvW tracks. That has no impact on what I’m asking.

I’m asking if you think anet will allow mystic coins to keep increasing in price or if they will add a new way to obtain them that will drop their price drastically.

I answered what I thought anet would do (nothing), I don’t understand what else you’re asking.

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I answered what I thought anet would do (nothing), I don’t understand what else you’re asking.

hes probably asking for support. wanting people to agree anet needs to do something to lower the price.

im bad at sarcasm

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Most of this price increase revolves around players that are pushing the value up due to the players willingness to pay more. If players are willing to pay more for an item, it’s going to keep increasing until eventually it hits a ceiling for the commodity. We’ve seen the same thing occur with numerous commodities over time.

Right now there is a consistent supply of mystic coins entering the game (way more than are being consumed) and churning through the trading post at a very slow rate. Most of the coins on the market are ones that have been flipped.

In retrospect, this is actually causing the daily login reward to be worth significantly more to players who wish to convert mystic coins to gold.

Mystic Coins...

Fluffball.8307

hes probably asking for support. wanting people to agree anet needs to do something to lower the price.

Makes sense. Anywho, the anet econ guy has said they like to give new players a way to make money, which is why early crafting materials tend to be really expensive. New players have no need for mystic coins but do need money, and people wanting luxury items worth thousands of gold need the coins.

Seems like an intentionally designed system.

Mystic Coins...

Allison The Strange.4519

Makes sense. Anywho, the anet econ guy has said they like to give new players a way to make money, which is why early crafting materials tend to be really expensive. New players have no need for mystic coins but do need money, and people wanting luxury items worth thousands of gold need the coins.

Seems like an intentionally designed system.

Actually you never specified on what you think anet will do until I responded to your first post. You left it “its not a priority for anet” when I was looking for a defined answer of one or the other.

I honestly don’t care if the price is lowered or not as I could afford to buy all the coins I needed to craft 500 clovers if I needed.

Mystic Coins...

Fluffball.8307

You’re like a computer with only 1s and 0s, Allison.

Regardless, I expanded my thoughts on why I don’t think anet care about the price increase. I just blew a few hundred gold on the coins today myself, and I’m sure I made some new players very happy.

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Mystic coin was dirt cheap since launch and for a whole 2 years period. If i ever knew it will sky rocket like now i will keep my coins and sell now. I can earn couple hundreds of gold from them. The fact is, mystic coin make login reward more attractive.

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think they’ll definitely tackle it as Anet dislikes nails that stick out. Hell, I’ll tell you what will probably happen.

Within the next six months, during a living story event or holiday, they’ll introduce a way to get Mystic Coins. This might be through the story itself or the events. I would guess it’ll be in RNG containers because that’s what lures people in. Many people will farm these things in an effort to get them and the coins will probably drop to a fourth of what they are now because then people will panic once they see the price drops. Approximately 3/4 of the way, I will buy a huge stack because the coins have most likely dropped to their lowest point, and approximately one month after they end, they’ll return to a bit lower than their original price at which point they’ll probably normalize to where they are now but that’ll take a long time. This is when I would sell them back.

At this point I’ll be selling them for a huge profit and we’ll be back to where we started besides the fact that all these TP transactions will have lifted gold from the economy. This has happened before with other items, and I am sure it’ll happen again, even if I’m wrong with the coins.

For a small preview of this, take a look at June 28-29. And note the rewards were time gated during that particular event. https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19976-Mystic-Coin

If, tomorrow, I tell everyone that events will spill out some extra linen and elder wood per event, nobody panics. Because it’s all part of the plan. But if I say the events drop one little mystic coin each, well then, everyone loses their minds!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Mystic Coins...

Fluffball.8307

Within the next six months, during a living story event or holiday, they’ll introduce a way to get Mystic Coins.

They already did, with those ley energy events once a day.

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They also drop from fractals but at a very low rate.

Mystic Coins...

ArchonWing.9480

Within the next six months, during a living story event or holiday, they’ll introduce a way to get Mystic Coins.

Yea I know, but that was limited so that the effect was only temporary. Still that short term effect was pretty dramatic.

Still made a good amount in the meantime; now just waiting for something substantial.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Mystic Coins...

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yea I know, but that was limited so that the effect was only temporary. Still that short term effect was pretty dramatic.

Still made a good amount in the meantime; now just waiting for something substantial.

I thought the exercise was great evidence that people are willing to pay a huge premium for getting mystic coins now:

• The instant that news of the events dropping coins popped, the price plummeted.
  • As soon as people realized it was account bound to one/day, the price increased back to what it had been.

That shows that sellers aren’t very committed to the current prices; it’s the buyers who are willing to pay extra.

Accordingly, it would be my guess that ANet isn’t going to add substantial new sinks sources. The might add some more 1/day events to see what happens again.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Mystic Coins...

Fluffball.8307

I thought the exercise was great evidence that people are willing to pay a huge premium for getting mystic coins now:

• The instant that news of the events dropping coins popped, the price plummeted.
  • As soon as people realized it was account bound to one/day, the price increased back to what it had been.

That shows that sellers aren’t very committed to the current prices; it’s the buyers who are willing to pay extra.

Accordingly, it would be my guess that ANet isn’t going to add substantial new sinks. The might add some more 1/day events to see what happens again.

Agree 100%. Coins are a luxury item that newbies have access to if they choose to play the game. It’s an intentional decision.

Honestly if coins went for like 3 gold a piece, imagine what that would do for the newbie population? Instant anything they wanted off the TP?

Mystic Coins...

ArchonWing.9480

Accordingly, it would be my guess that ANet isn’t going to add substantial new sinks. The might add some more 1/day events to see what happens again.

It’s pretty amusing how mere news affects things so much. It’s very exploitable.

But yea, since it is a luxury item, these things tend to be very noticeable. Newer players will most likely just see a source of income.