Mystic Coins and Silver Doubloons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Title says enough.

I’m particularly concerned about the Silver Doubloons currently available on the tp because they are almost not enough to make even one Juggernaut. They are completely impossible to come out unless you get a miserable chance out of a jp chest with a character slot occupied to “farm” them. We need more ways to get the doubloons and we need to adjust the recipe.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

They drop in a few places, as obscure as they are. And are from certain map rewards which changes weekly. This week you can get them from brisbane wildlands.

I think they supply for these are fine at the moment, I think there’s a lot of people that hoard mats and put them up slowly so don’t get too negative about the supply.

Kitten.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t think people realize how much of an item goes through the trading post each day. For example, using this site: GW2BLTC- Silver Doubloons, it shows that in the last 24 hours alone, 5486 silver doubloon were sold with 1438 as current supply, for a total of 6924 doubloons. And that’s the minimum number, as the site may not catch all transactions that fall between its sampling of the trading post. In other words, there’s a lot more flowing through the trading post than what is currently showing.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Not sure if if the rates are the same or if prices of items are the same, but I use to mystic forge those gems u use to toss in your gear to make silver doubloons for a little bit of gold, maybe you can try that.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Title says enough.

I’m particularly concerned about the Silver Doubloons currently available on the tp because they are almost not enough to make even one Juggernaut. They are completely impossible to come out unless you get a miserable chance out of a jp chest with a character slot occupied to “farm” them. We need more ways to get the doubloons and we need to adjust the recipe.

Title says nothing except the name of two items that are used in some high-end recipes. They have two completely different acquisition methods and completely different supply/demand/price histories.

Silver Doubloons have been running at 1.3 to 2.4 gold for ages. There’s nothing particularly different this month about its market.

Mystic Coins are the topic of at least two active threads in this forum and usually 2-3 on reddit. Unlike the doubloons, the market has shifted a lot, even though the acquisition method remains the same: only via logon/daily rewards (previously, the mechanic was monthly/daily and you could get more if you did monthlies).

There’s nothing fundamentally wrong with the prices being higher — we don’t like it and we’re not used to it, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing for people who want premium skins to pay more. In fact, that’s a good thing for players who don’t want those skins, since some ‘junk’ drops are now valuable.

I’m not against ANet adjusting the faucets for these (or the sinks). I just don’t think it’s urgent nor do I think it’s as important as other GW2 economic issues.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

As Loading.4503 mentioned you should use the Mystic Forge to create Silver Doubloons. What you need: nuggets and marks. The chance to get a silver doubloon is 5-6%.

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

As Loading.4503 mentioned you should use the Mystic Forge to create Silver Doubloons. What you need: nuggets and marks. The chance to get a silver doubloon is 5-6%.

I gave some random over in the Players helping Players section all of the nuggets I had cause he was working on Juggernaut & I wasn’t going to use them. He pm’d me the results; 5 Silver Doubloons total. I don’t recall the exact amount of each of the nuggets I sent him; most were around 100 I think. As far as the mystic coins…I got tired of seeing the darn things as rewards & threw a bunch on trader at one point. I burned a few helping work on a guild hall but still have at least 1 maybe 2 stacks left.

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Milkshake.4038

I gave some random over in the Players helping Players section all of the nuggets I had cause he was working on Juggernaut & I wasn’t going to use them. He pm’d me the results; 5 Silver Doubloons total. I don’t recall the exact amount of each of the nuggets I sent him; most were around 100 I think.

Getting 5 Silver Doubloons from a few hundred nuggets is fine.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I gave some random over in the Players helping Players section all of the nuggets I had cause he was working on Juggernaut & I wasn’t going to use them. He pm’d me the results; 5 Silver Doubloons total. I don’t recall the exact amount of each of the nuggets I sent him; most were around 100 I think.

It is really. From 4 full stacks of nuggets I’d average about 20-25 silver doubloons. And Sharkmaw (aka Weyandt’s revent/pirate jp in LA) has the chance to give 2 silver doubloons at a time. I’ve made Juggernaut and I have probably about 60-70 silver doubloons and I get more all the time. Silver doubloon rates are fine as is.

I would like an additional option in the last chest for login rewards to include an option for Mystic Coins though. I don’t see what that would hurt. It’s a once a month bonus for Mystic Coins and you’d have to give up getting 20 Laurels to get them.

Milkshake.4038

I would like an additional option in the last chest for login rewards to include an option for Mystic Coins though. I don’t see what that would hurt. It’s a once a month bonus for Mystic Coins and you’d have to give up getting 20 Laurels to get them.

Choose this if you need mystic coins to make a legendary:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Legendary_Crafting_Materials

khani.4786

Choose this if you need mystic coins to make a legendary:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest_of_Legendary_Crafting_Materials

But I don’t need clovers. I need mystic coins.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Tribute

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well 20 Laurels are worth about 20 gold~ you could get more clovers than 7 with that depending on your luck :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Milkshake.4038

Well 20 Laurels are worth about 20 gold~ you could get more clovers than 7 with that depending on your luck :P

Don’t forget that you will also save 13-14 spirit shards if you don’t have to make those mystic clovers.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Don’t forget that you will also save 13-14 spirit shards if you don’t have to make those mystic clovers.

Are those hard to get for new players? I been around since beginning so I have 3881 left after making Chuka so it wasn’t much of a concern. I used 300 Laurels and got probably around 300 gold worth of t6 that I used to finish my clovers and gemstones.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Are those hard to get for new players? I been around since beginning so I have 3881 left after making Chuka so it wasn’t much of a concern. I used 300 Laurels and got probably around 300 gold worth of t6 that I used to finish my clovers and gemstones.

Not really. You get three for doing the daily and then more by doing HoT.

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

It is really. From 4 full stacks of nuggets I’d average about 20-25 silver doubloons. And Sharkmaw (aka Weyandt’s revent/pirate jp in LA) has the chance to give 2 silver doubloons at a time. I’ve made Juggernaut and I have probably about 60-70 silver doubloons and I get more all the time. Silver doubloon rates are fine as is.

What are those nuggets, and where can i find the recipe?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silver_Doubloon#Acquisition

Milkshake.4038

You can easily convert them to gold: 1 spirit shard = 60-80s.

You can check it here: https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards

You can also check laurel profit: https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/laurels, the 1g you wrote is correct.

khani.4786

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silver_Doubloon#Acquisition

and these nuggets: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nugget_%28gemstone%29
Any 4 into the forge. I used what I have, but if you’re buying them go for what’s cheapest (obviously).