Mystic Coins are going to run out...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

The latest Snow shoulders require 150, and there are only 80k in the TP. Can you please add more ways to acquire these? They are still critical for Legendaries, and they are going to run out.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Or people can wait and collect them via the login rewards although it’d take like nine 8 months. I’m not against another source so long as it doesn’t flood the market with them. It really depends on what the demand for the coins will be mknths from now specifically for the shoulders.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

They wont run out as theres a constant flow of them into the game from the login rewards. It will balance out with people paying to make the skin/people waiting to collect their own coins and people willing to sell their login reward to make some gold.

Axialbloom.8109

Looks like 50k were just dumped on the TP. Will be interesting to see if the supply can keep up.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not everyone is going to be making this skin. People will see the new prices and bring them out of inventory to sell.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

They wont run out as theres a constant flow of them into the game from the login rewards. It will balance out with people paying to make the skin/people waiting to collect their own coins and people willing to sell their login reward to make some gold.

i agree, when we get down to the last 5k, we can get nervous. til then, i think it’s balanced ok

Axialbloom.8109

Shoulders take 150. If only 1000 people made them, that is more than is currently on the TP.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Shoulders take 150. If only 1000 people made them, that is more than is currently on the TP.

you’re saying it as if it doesn’t replenish in supply. there are many people having multiple accounts, and are active. i know people who has 10 accounts that he bought during the 10$ offer. accounts like that rain mystic coins….

besides, everyday there are people making legendary weapon, is mystic coin in short supply, yet ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I have several 100, had nothing to spend them on and now we get 20 every 28 login rewards, then one from MF daily

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

i wonder more why peopl still sell the rune and sigill that cheap
i mean if you whant to creat them
you also need the coins and there is nearly zero supply generated
because old gifts are converted and from the new ones i not get a singel one
only a new sigil
but fine i can wait and all rdy sold some runes at 20s

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There is a lot of supply in people’s inventories. The amount on the trading post is just a fraction of it.

I remember when I wanted to buy the scientific hammer skin I looked at it and saw that there was only a few listed. After I looked at it, supply was steadily bought up till there were only 15 for sale, and it peaked in price. As soon as it shot up in price, a whole bunch started appearing in the trading post and drop the price back down again. This was months after they had come out, other weapons skins had come out after that and the price was no longer 1 ticket. The point here was that even though there was only 15 for sale at one time, as soon as people saw money, they pulled the skins out of their inventory and months later they are still putting that skin up for sale. There are way more mystic coins out there in the inventories than what’s on the trading post.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just sold 500 last week…dang it, should have waited one more week! =(

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

you’re saying it as if it doesn’t replenish in supply. there are many people having multiple accounts, and are active. i know people who has 10 accounts that he bought during the 10$ offer. accounts like that rain mystic coins….

besides, everyday there are people making legendary weapon, is mystic coin in short supply, yet ?

But if they are anything like me, once I get something for one account, I have to get it for all the accounts

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

But if they are anything like me, once I get something for one account, I have to get it for all the accounts

oh kitten …. must be hard to be you… haha….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Axialbloom.8109

i agree, when we get down to the last 5k, we can get nervous. til then, i think it’s balanced ok

Getting there…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

A good rule of thumb is that for whatever supply you see on the TP, assume that there is at least 10 times that amount hidden away in people’s banks and mat storages. Case in point; back when Ogre Wars was bugged extremely frequently, Sam cost around 500g. Then one day it got patched, and within that SAME DAY all the buy orders got filled and prices collapsed to 100g, a price at which it hovers around today. There was nowhere near enough time for enough players to mob Ogre Wars and farm Sam to have filled that many orders and increased supply in such a short amount of time. It all came from copies that people had been hoarding off the TP, then desperately tried to unload before prices collapsed.

So yes, I do expect Mystic Coin prices will jump significantly in the next week or so, but it will stabilize again once Wintersday is over.

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

20 per month is still too little. Compared to what we used to get before.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I bought five stacks last weekend on buy orders. Yeah… They haven’t run out yet. Aside from the sharp decline last December, supply levels have been relatively stable.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Bear in mind the TP only ever represents a small portion of the number of any item that’s in the game. Most of them are in players banks.

Especially for items that go into the material storage, which makes it easy for players to hang onto at least 250 of them without even thinking much about it. I frequently sell mine (because I don’t need them often) and even then I find myself filling up the storage regularly.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The quantity of an item on TP is WAY different from how many of that item exists.
I have a few stacks of Mystic Coins in my bank and I’m sure some others have way more that I have, so you can be sure that there always be a supply for the demand.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Yea, I’m sitting on a portion of Mystic Coins myself. Not a huge supply, but still a decent amount.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I had over a thousand. Upgrading runes and sigils, plus the three special recipes, took a great deal of that, but even this short time later, I’m back over a stack’s worth.

But most of that was the upgrading (I had tons of the lesser sigils and runes from last year). Indeed, 150 is actually not that big a deal as you might think.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Coin/Equipment
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Coin/Recipe_sheets

And I don’t see it on that equipment page, but the three amulets required to make the Triforge Pendant use 50 each, so that’s 150 total there, too.

In addition to the login rewards and the occasional Forge daily, it seems it’s a random result from the Clover recipes, so if you really feel the need to seek more (and don’t mind praying to the RNG gods)….

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’d be assuming the 1000 people who didn’t have the drinks didn’t already buy their coins, or have them. I had my coins and didn’t have buy them. Same for my wife.

The assumption the coins will be bought to make the shoulders is probably not a good one. The assumption people who are making the shoulders haven’t already bought the coins is something else you need to have a look at.

I’m not seeing a problem here.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

The TP might run low(ish) at some points but that will just make them more expensive, driving more people to sell the ones they get during daily log in rewards, and make them cheap again. It’s a neat little balance.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.