Mystic Coins question

Mystic Coins question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Ive been saving up my coins and I was wondering what should i do??

Should I sell them or wait??

Thanks.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

How many coins are you talking about?

Mystic Coins question

jacim.5904

I got over 1000

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Really depends on whether you need the gold for something else.
Its impossible to know what will happen to Mystic coin prices in the long term, but they have been fairly stable in price now for many months.
If you do sell them , dont do it all at once , but sell small numbers per week, preferably on the weekends, as that way you will get best value for them.

Mystic Coins question

jacim.5904

I would expect prices to go up with an expansion but im also afraid they might add another way to get them… thanks for the help

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I would sell-list all but 100.

Never have I felt like OMG I NEED HUNDREDS OF MYSTIC COINS! Clearly you are of the same mind with 1000 of them lol.

Their current price is just inflated because reasons. If anything they will crash rather than spike upwards at this point.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

They won’t add another way to get them. They’re very happy with their current state.

You’re aware that’s enough for 4 legendaries, yes?

Mystic Coins question

jacim.5904

Ive been playing since beta on and off and Ive saved several materials such as coins laurels and ectos…

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Stable? O_o

If by stable you mean “been going up in price over the past year” … on the other hand greed can come back to bite you.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I got over 1000

Hey its me, your cousin.

Just kidding. I would hold onto 500 of them though. That’s enough to craft a HoT legendary (250 since you need an entire stack, and then another 250 to craft clovers), which is important to me since only part of the set is currently released (AKA one of the ones they release later might be a skin that you absolutely must have, no excuses). Or if you like farming clovers from reward tracks/already have 77 clovers, only keep 250 mystic coins.

In all likelihood we will not get another source for them, but we are 100% guaranteed to be getting more sinks for them (leg armor, the rest of the HoT leg weapons. Expac 2 is almost guaranteed to have new sinks for them as well), so the price will either stay the same or just keep going up. So best to hold onto any that you think you may ever have a use for.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Really depends on whether or not you need the gold, and if you have any use for ’em at all.

I commend you guys who have the discipline to save up things like that. Every couple weeks/months I get bored and sell basically everything just to give a my toons a makeover or buy a fancy mini or something.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Really depends on your legendary plans. Selling 250-500 isn’t a bad idea.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i would hold onto them until we get the last hot leggie then see if you want to go for any of them.

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you have an immediate use for gold, sell them (we can help you choose a sell price). If you don’t, there’s little risk to holding on to them. Even if ANet suddenly adds more supply (unlikely, as others have said), the price is unlikely to drop much.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Coins question

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I too once had over 1000. Now I keep it at 500 and sell extras. While I don’t have any immediate plans for a legendary, you never know. But I can always use the gold for something now.