Mystic Dragon "mini" is too big

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

As the title states, the mystic dragon “mini” is far too large.
While I can appreciate that some people preferentially like this, please consider that these are supposed to be miniatures, and that something that large and long is getting obstructive.
It seriously occupies more screen space then several ranger combat pets. That’s partly a result of its profile and animations rather then sheer physical size, but the size itself is fairly large too.
Even scaling it down to half of its current size would still leave it as one of the larger and more showy minis.
It’s a great looking mini, I love it, but the size is just too much.

Posted by: Brigantia.5746

Brigantia.5746

No, it’s perfect

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

But dragons are big. Of course the dragon mini is bigger than a hylek for example.

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I think it is definitely an odd shape. It looks like a snake with weird legs.

Anx

Posted by: TheGreenGuy.7134

TheGreenGuy.7134

It’s a great mini, perfect in my eyes. I just don’t like how it’s obtained. Everyone can easily grab one and that makes size an issue, if it was locked behind an achievement size wouldn’t matter because less people would have it. In my opinion it is one of the coolest mini pets out there but 2 step verification takes about 3 minutes to set up and being honest only secures the safety of your account even more. I just wish it was challenging to get cool stuff…

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Please don’t change the mini, ANet!

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Paint it red and give it the voice of Eddie Murphy and maybe you will recognize it.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Paint it red and give it the voice of Eddie Murphy and maybe you will recognize it.

OMG! You’re right!!! It’s the donkey from Shrek!!! Oh, wait – you said red…?

Anx

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

It’s perfect as it is. You don’t have to use it. :P
An option to disable other players minis would do, just like other games have them, for those who don’t like it.

There’s far more annying stuff like max height Charr / Norn with huge Wings or almost everyone using a legendary greatsword, while the slashing animation REALLY sucks in combat.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

OMG! You’re right!!! It’s the donkey from Shrek!!! Oh, wait – you said red…?

It’s Mushu from Mulan.
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Mushu

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

It’s not the size that matters it’s how you use it.

And Zuko knows exactly how to use it!

Attachments:

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Another toon added to my cosplay list… XD

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Sorry OP, I thi k it’s great just the way it is. And don’t worry it’s the new thing at the moment. When something else"cool" pops up. I’m sure 99% of the dragons will disappear. Not me though. I think its epic. And will be my mains companion for years to come.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I don’t know where you’re from, but trust me when I say that size does matter. If they made the Mini Mystical Dragon any smaller, some will lose interest and move on to other larger minis.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, my experience: It’s not obstructing anything, even though it’s that big. It’s thin enough so that it’s not blocking anything.

Well, if it does disrupt your gameplay, you can always disable the minipet.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It’s not the size that matters it’s how you use it.

And Zuko knows exactly how to use it!

Well played, sir!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Sorry OP, I thi k it’s great just the way it is. And don’t worry it’s the new thing at the moment. When something else"cool" pops up. I’m sure 99% of the dragons will disappear. Not me though. I think its epic. And will be my mains companion for years to come.

Exactly. Look how everyone flipped out about Mini Pet Rock. Now all the Rocks are gone and everyone rocks a Dragon.

NapTooN.6283

It’s a great mini, perfect in my eyes. I just don’t like how it’s obtained. Everyone can easily grab one and that makes size an issue, if it was locked behind an achievement size wouldn’t matter because less people would have it. In my opinion it is one of the coolest mini pets out there but 2 step verification takes about 3 minutes to set up and being honest only secures the safety of your account even more. I just wish it was challenging to get cool stuff…

Setting up a Security Measure for an Account IS an Achievement for 99% of the Gaming Community.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Haha, as people get bored with it, you’ll see less and less of them. It’s not exactly a rare thing and you know how people like to show off their rare stuff. :P

I think it’s funny seeing so many of them around. They from a distance look like tapeworms; so it makes me smile to see a bunch of tapeworms following players around and doing tricks in the air.

Overall I think Anet did a great job with this ‘mini’, no need to change it. ^__^

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

To be honest, I think ANet can learn a lot from how well received this mini is. It looks high quality, has cool animations and is generally very likeable. Much better than the low-polygon, poor-looking ferret they introduced not too long ago.

I’d like to hope that the appeal of this dragon sets a precedent for all future minis, in terms of overall quality.

Posted by: FOX.3582

FOX.3582

Ranger pet is bigger… Close sour threat plz… -.-

This mini is the coolest mini in game imo. Normaly when a company gives you free deluxe gourmet limited edition stuff it turns out to be garbage… This free gift is just epic! And of course a smart decision from A’net to secure accounts. Thumbs up!!!

What does the FOX say¿!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

This is becoming a serious problem, Minis continue to grow is size and its getting ridiculous.

They’re supposed to be MINI for crying out loud. They don’t have to be perfectly scaled to each other.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

NapTooN.6283

This is becoming a serious problem, Minis continue to grow is size and its getting ridiculous.

They’re supposed to be MINI for crying out loud. They don’t have to be perfectly scaled to each other.

Looks like you missed the April Fools Day in Guild Wars 1 a few years ago. Minis and Players swapped their size and it was awesome.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Personally I love the dragon’s size. Leave it as it is.

(Still laughing at the Mushu reference. That was cute)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

You should asked the chinese’s if that is too large or not.

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

I love it but won’t be using it until I get my revenant.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Looks like you missed the April Fools Day in Guild Wars 1 a few years ago. Minis and Players swapped their size and it was awesome.

A permanent addition to the game isn’t really the best thing to compare a 1 day April fools joke to.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. It is too small, and too silent. And you can’t ride it.

It should be extremely noisy, much bigger, and ridable .

In other words, it should be also a Travel toy.

A miniature of a gargantuan creature should not be small compared to other miniatures.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Chilipadiboy.9340

Chilipadiboy.9340

If i could take my dragon and whip you for being so whiny would. Also. That’s what she said.

ScribeTheMad.7614

That would be funny for a day, this is not.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

ScribeTheMad.7614

No. It is too small, and too silent. And you can’t ride it.

It should be extremely noisy, much bigger, and ridable .

In other words, it should be also a Travel toy.

A miniature of a gargantuan creature should not be small compared to other miniatures.

No, it shouldn’t be small “compared to” other minis.
It simply shouldn’t be any bigger.
See the Mordrem Thrasher mini? Not huge.
The Husk mini? Not huge
The Teq mini?! A little bigger but still not huge

The minis need to maintain a comparable size range, and that dragon is way too big for how movey and annoying it is, and many others are pushing the boundaries as well.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Too small.

It should be FULL SIZE!

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Zod, people will complain about anything.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

If it were for me, it would be bigger. I LOVE my Muchu! and if when an Azura stands by him, I wish he would wrap the Azura and bite his head like an anaconda.

He is soooo awesome!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The only reason you are seeing a lot right now is because they are so easy to get and different from most minis. Give it a month or two and they will not be as ubiquitous.

I love them as-is and hope anet does not change them. Perfectly the size of other minis, just longer.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Scaled in relation to the size of a real dragon, it is a miniature.

Hugs and kisses to my new MINI Dragon.

See the Mordrem Thrasher mini? Not huge.
The Husk mini? Not huge
The Teq mini?! A little bigger but still not huge

Yeah. But those are ugly, therefore they should not be bigger. :P

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

man, people can complain about anything, can’t they?

yeah, the mini is big, but it’s not forced. just zoom out more, it will appear smaller.

hope this helps!

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

I mostly find it odd that such a prestigious looking mini has universal availability. You would think something like that would be heavily gated, and the incentive for increasing your security would be some unique but otherwise mundane mini.
I must say though, the cool mini is the only reason I changed anything about my security at all, so the incentive certainly seems to be effective in its purpose.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Please don’t change the mini, ANet!

THIS!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

As the title states, the mystic dragon “mini” is far too large.
While I can appreciate that some people preferentially like this, please consider that these are supposed to be miniatures, and that something that large and long is getting obstructive.
It seriously occupies more screen space then several ranger combat pets. That’s partly a result of its profile and animations rather then sheer physical size, but the size itself is fairly large too.
Even scaling it down to half of its current size would still leave it as one of the larger and more showy minis.
It’s a great looking mini, I love it, but the size is just too much.

Nah, its a good size. If anything most other minis are too small.

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

My Tequatl mini should be half the size of Tequatl. Currently he’s too small.

Also yeah no I love this Dragon mini. It’s great to just go to PvP lobby or LA and just see hoards of people standing around with all these dragons doing loop-de-loops in the air.

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

An option to disable other players minis would do, just like other games have them, for those who don’t like it.

There’s far more annying stuff like max height Charr / Norn with huge Wings or almost everyone using a legendary greatsword, while the slashing animation REALLY sucks in combat.

I actually like it a lot and do plan to use it when the initial hype dies down a bit (too many people currently using it).
“Turn off all minis because one is over-sized and ruins it” is not an appropriate solution.
They’re minis, miniatures, mini-pets, non-combat pets. This mystic dragon is over-sized not only by GW2 standards, but by the standards of most MMOs I’ve played. WoW, Tera, FF14, mags in PSO2, this thing is big no matter how you look at it.
GW2’s minis are perhaps on the small size compared to other games, and could maybe use a size increase in general if you want to get picky about it. But this Mystic Dragon is just huge.
Like I said in the OP, I can appreciate that some people preferentially like this larger size. I’m not going to say you’re not allowed to like it. However I am going to say that this is an MMO, and that you occupy the same game space as other players. Imagine if every mini in the game was of comparable scale to the Mystic Dragon, roughly the size of a human. The fact that some people like it being large and in-your-face isn’t much of an argument for keeping the current size.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I actually like it a lot and do plan to use it when the initial hype dies down a bit (too many people currently using it).
“Turn off all minis because one is over-sized and ruins it” is not an appropriate solution.
They’re minis, miniatures, mini-pets, non-combat pets. This mystic dragon is over-sized not only by GW2 standards, but by the standards of most MMOs I’ve played. WoW, Tera, FF14, mags in PSO2, this thing is big no matter how you look at it.
GW2’s minis are perhaps on the small size compared to other games, and could maybe use a size increase in general if you want to get picky about it. But this Mystic Dragon is just huge.
Like I said in the OP, I can appreciate that some people preferentially like this larger size. I’m not going to say you’re not allowed to like it. However I am going to say that this is an MMO, and that you occupy the same game space as other players. Imagine if every mini in the game was of comparable scale to the Mystic Dragon, roughly the size of a human. The fact that some people like it being large and in-your-face isn’t much of an argument for keeping the current size.

Yeah, I am occupying the same “space” as them. And I want them to see my mini, not for it to become some obscure footnote that nobody sees because its too small.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

This is going to make people “WTF” at me, but…

The Mystical Dragon mini creeps me out. It makes me think of a disgusting worm. x.x

I prefer my Mini Red Panda to be honest. Small, adorable, and cuddleable (well, not really).

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

If you think the mini is large, wait until you see the real thing!

This is probably the size a mini-Zhaitan would be.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Finally, the proof that there is nothing ANet can do without generating a (semi) legitimate complaint!

ANet gives away — free, gratis, at no charge — one of the best animated miniatures in their 10-year history of gaming and someone thinks that’s a problem.

OP: give it a few weeks, until everyone has one, and then most people will choose to display something else (so they can distinguish themselves from the masses).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I’m kinda wishing they’d just add in an option to turn all minis off.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I enjoy the comical sense of the mini. It’s so silly and spins around so cute.

For getting it for basically nothing . . . how can one complain? ;P

ScribeTheMad.7614

Look I like the mini.
I like seeing other people’s minis.

But some of them are just too big.
Instead of being a cool little thing following someone around they’re getting big enough to start getting in the way.

And no I don’t think just turning them off is a good solution (I like my Liadri mini okay, but I wouldn’t want it full sized and in peoples faces), but its getting to the point I might take the option anyway.

I’ve been meaning to bring this up for a while, the dragon mini was just the straw that broke the camels back, as it were.

Is size balancing among minis really such an egregious request?
(And no, a dragon mini does not have to be X times bigger than an ooze mini)
Do you really have to be all “LOOK AT MAH MINEH!!1oneone”?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

make it smaller… tequatl isnt nearly that big, it needs to be reduced or reworked. it is obstructive when a party of 5 all has them out at the same time and you aremanually trying to target things…