Mystic Forge Clover recipe

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

So Im making a bunch of clovers with one of the two recipes for it. And I got this, which when opened yielded a kittening Emerald Orb. what the kitten sly sneaky underhanded inserted output is this?

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ive had a bunch of those from the 10x recipe before.

I was so pleased.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s been in the output drop table since the first time I was rolling for clover.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

It’s been in the output drop table since the first time I was rolling for clover.

i have made 5 legendaries in the last 10 months and i have never seen one

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some players are luckier than others!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

i have made 5 legendaries in the last 10 months and i have never seen one

You probably have a better clover drop rate than I do, too. I’ve had them drop about 2% of the time, including within the last 10 months.

added
I always use the single-clover recipe — do you use the 10-clover recipe sometimes? That would explain the difference (at 2%, even making 5 legends, you might not have seen one or perhaps they aren’t even in the drop table).

Back in the day, there were a lot more icky drops: T6 leather and cloth were vendor price, mystic coins were a few silver, and so on. Frankly, most of the non-clover drops are bad or really bad; Hidden Treasure isn’t, to me, any more painful than getting a mystic crystal or putrid essence.

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

So Im making a bunch of clovers with one of the two recipes for it. And I got this, which when opened yielded a kittening Emerald Orb. what the kitten sly sneaky underhanded inserted output is this?

i have made 16 legendaries.. this is normal….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

ive got aprox 18 legendarys (lost count tbh) and i have never goten those when makeing clovers least not that i can remeber guess im one of the lucky ones

*Edit then again i did go through 30 combines to get 10 clovers on my last one useing the x10 recipe so lucks gota run out at some time i supose

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I got one of those when making HOPE earlier this week (4th legendary) and was like I didn’t know that was a possible result… I had a very large amount of attempts too with Chuka when it released. 460 obsidian shards worth, IIRC.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I get them every now and then and they’re listed on the wiki as a possible drop.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think we’ve established that they always have dropped and continue to drop from the 1-clover recipe. However, has anyone seen them drop from the 10-clover version?

Obviously, people use the 1-clover recipe 10x as often as the 10-clover recipe and so it’s a lot less likely for folks to have seen one that way. My personal data and that of the wiki shows it’s around 2%. Going by some of the numbers above:

• Doggie: 40% chance of not seeing one in 46 attempts of the 10x recipe, i.e. 460 shards’ worth.
  • Felahr: 9.5% chance of not seeing any in 116 = 5*231/10 attempts

In other words, there’s a decent chance that some folks crafting a thousand clover won’t see if if they use the 10x recipe.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I only use the 10x recipe and I’ve seen them once, maybe twice.