Mystic Forge DR ?

Mystic Forge DR ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xiraus.4716

xiraus.4716

So I decided to drop some daggers and bang got this sweet spark out of nothing, so I decided to try my luck and go for The Legend and make my Bifrost and paff, the forge ate the 650g from Spark plus 300g more I threw up for being stubborn and angry at the thing, so don’t tell me it has DR or something?

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No DR, just RNG. You got very lucky once and then had the typical experience (not so lucky) for the next 950g you gambled.

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: xiraus.4716

xiraus.4716

Well I guess I been lucky in the past, I usually gambled 400g and pulled something out, I once pulled Dusk and Dawn almost one after another, guess my luck has run out.

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Your luck has created unreasonable expectations.

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Those who do “industrial forging” can end up being 5000 gold in the hole before getting a precursor. The wiki’s article on the forge has some decent estimates of the drop rates.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Those who do “industrial forging” can end up being 5000 gold in the hole before getting a precursor. The wiki’s article on the forge has some decent estimates of the drop rates.

to add a personal experience i dropped 120 gold and got dawn once. i proceeded to spend 1k gold trying to get dusk and got nothing.

im bad at sarcasm

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Just pure random. The Mystic Forge is a gold sink, anet balances the chances of you getting a precursor against you. The chance of getting a legendary out has to be very small in order to keep prices and rarity up.

Over the past 4 years I have had 2 precursors drop, neither from the forge. I have made a total of 13 legendaries, mostly from precursors I bought.

When they created the first HoT legendary weapons they said they should have started that way. I have been saying this since year 1. Reality is there is nothing legendary about the legendary weapons, you can buy them off the TP quite easily.

Mystic Forge DR ?

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

No DR for MF. Got ~15 precursors from MF since start. At worst spent ~2k gold for “The Legend”. Usually it takes less. I dont count money, i expect to use 1500-2000 rares.

English is not my native language, sorry :<