Mystic Forge - Dawn

Mystic Forge - Dawn

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

How many tries did it take you to get the Dawn?
Just wondering, I’ve already tried at least 200+ times and so far nothing.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I stopped trying, sold all of the materials I was saving for legendary and became utterly rich in 10 minutes. Not making a legendary was the best decision I took in my life

\||||||/
O°v°O

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Nick.6972

Unfortunately I rarely play 4 hours/day, and if I do, its mostly WvW + FoTM, and as you know, neither of those gives you enough. 2 hours in WvW gives me max maybe 3G.
Farm trans are boring.

Yeah, I know, mindless farming is the easiest way, but its just tedious.
I once farmed enough to make fractal capacitator (glowing) in 7 days, it was painfully boring.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

After countless tries, in the ranged of 400+, I decided to buy it off TP. Best decision taken, worth it. I wish I had done it from the start, could have bough several of them.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

I’ve gotten two Dawns.. roughly 500 rares per try.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Nick.6972

With my pace I’m earning my money, I could perhaps have 600G by the 2014 April, that is assuming I play daily, which is kinda ridiculous since I’m already quite bored with the game. Gambling is the only option it seems.

Most people on my server said that they got their dawn with approximately 300-500 attempts.
500 GS with current prices is 220G which is almost 1/3 of the Dawn price.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

With my pace I’m earning my money, I could perhaps have 600G by the 2014 April, that is assuming I play daily, which is kinda ridiculous since I’m already quite bored with the game. Gambling is the only option it seems.

Most people on my server said that they got their dawn with approximately 300-500 attempts.

You should do some reading up on trading post day trading. A little Google will be friendly to you. 10-15 minutes a day can increase your gold earnings quite a bit with minimal risk. That might help you reach your goal sooner.

This message brought to you by the Wintersday Elves

The Burninator

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Nick.6972

Flipping TP? Boring.

This thread isn’t about alternatives, or buying from TP.
I want to know how many attempts did it take for people who used Mystic Forge method.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

JustTrogdor.7892

Flipping TP? Boring.

This thread isn’t about alternatives, or buying from TP.
I want to know how many attempts did it take for people who used Mystic Forge method.

Well you were complaining it would take you until April to get your 600 gold. I just thought I’d offer some assistance. Oh, and it isn’t boring. It’s rather fun once you learn the ins-and-outs, but it isn’t for everyone because it requires some thought. Then again I guess tossing 4 rares in the the Mystic Forge over and over again is exciting right? It’s a mundane slot machine.

The Burninator

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Nick.6972

If you’re buying Dawn from TP, you’re most likely buying one that was acquired via Forge anyway. Please, don’t derail thread.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

JustTrogdor.7892

If you’re buying Dawn from TP, you’re most likely buying one that was acquired via Forge anyway. Please, don’t derail thread.

LOL, okay…. Good luck tossing things into the forge.

The Burninator

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I tried 5 times. Then I got my daily complete and realised “why am I doing this when I can just throw sigils in for the daily instead?”

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

Dawn:

• ~450 rares (or ~112 forges), then switched to
  • 16 exotics (or 4 forges)

At the time they were around 500g I believe, so I saved perhaps 200g. Not bad.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I just got The Legend on my 4th or 5th MF try with 3 random exotics and a MF stone.

I wasn’t trying for it and was just dumping crafted exotics after leveling artificer to 500.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

12-16 Tries with level 80 rares here.

I was lucky I guess.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Level 80 rares and a few exotics here and there and I’m not sure how many tries exactly but I would venture to say about 350 as I spent about 800g on the forgables

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Hawk.7628

Hawk.7628

Aboot a month ago I was talking to my buddy about him getting a precursor and decided I felt like gambling. So I went to the TP and bought 4 Rare Shields, Hammers, and Greatswords.

Threw in the shields, nothing.
Threw in the hammers, nothing.
Threw in the greatswords, BAM: Dawn.

3 tries so I guess I got lucky.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

3 tries so I guess I got lucky.

Naw man, that’s totally how it normally goes.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Kolwin.4950

Kolwin.4950

it took me around 400-500 tries. but when i finally got Dawn was literally the day i was quitting the game. figured id spend all my money in the forge. spent 40 gold on exotics(cheap at the time) and pulled 2 dawns within 5 min. was awesome!. quit the game and came back 4 months later. played for the whole day and spent 9 gold on rares and got another dawn. since then i have spent 300+ gold on rares to get nothing… my luck has ran out :/

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

Unfortunately I rarely play 4 hours/day, and if I do, its mostly WvW + FoTM, and as you know, neither of those gives you enough. 2 hours in WvW gives me max maybe 3G.
Farm trans are boring.

Yeah, I know, mindless farming is the easiest way, but its just tedious.
I once farmed enough to make fractal capacitator (glowing) in 7 days, it was painfully boring.

Hey
Just farm some rares and sell them/salvage them for globs.
This is what you do in order to get easy rares.
Gw2stuff.com , find your server. Do all the boss events, Fire elemental is quick and easy so do that first also Shadow behemoth is also quick and easy , those two go down fast so you have to watch them. And then theres the Golem which can also be done fairly easy, then theres Jormag which not alot of people do during the day, but at peak hours it’s doable.
And then theres Tequatl – useally your server should have a tequatl dedicated guild like mine on Far shiverpeaks EU.
Just do the world event bosses once a day for easy rares, just check the timers on gw2stuff and I garantee you that people will be around to do it with you.

Also in the evening there’s sometimes a organized raid on the temples of Orr, so check that out too.

Doing world event bosses useally takes a maximum of 2hours, sometimes 3 if you want to be picky and have the time to wait for a world boss that has a long spawn window (jormag, tequatl, Centaur boss and Shatterer)

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: TheDeparted.8013

TheDeparted.8013

There is a serious flaw with your math.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

crazy

guy in my guild got one last night and it cost him 120g. he has 1200 achi points and is relatively new. My other guildie who ive been playing with since launch was furious because she cant get a pre for her life, ran to the forge and put in a few rares and got a dawn also.

Me? I aint got kitten

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Nick.6972

So just a moment ago I got Dawn.
Total GS used ~400.
Take that those who suggest spending 600G.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

your calculation is WRONG!
you made 1 greatsword = 1 try
but you need 4 greatswords for 1 try!!!!!!

1) for 220g you can only get 500 RARE gs not exotics so the chances are already small to get a precursor from that
and
2) 500 gs = 125 tries

so you need lets say 375 tries (you said 300-500 so 375 is still positive thinking to only need 375 tries)

than that 220g would be 660g —> higher price than from TP

so its not really worth it :P

oh i made a mistake too:

It’s not 4 rares/attempt, it’s 3.

(You get one back.)

If you want to be really picky, you should also consider the 20% chance (or whatever) to get an exotic back.

^^

but i guess it still not really worth it… too risky^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Nick.6972

I don’t know, 170G on Greatswords is still better than 620G.

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

It’s not 4 rares/attempt, it’s 3.

(You get one back.)

If you want to be really picky, you should also consider the 20% chance (or whatever) to get an exotic back.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Chrazel.7085

Chrazel.7085

I got Dawn on my first try.
I put four exotic greatswords (probably from dungeons) in the Mystic Forge.

(edited by Chrazel.7085)

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

there was a guy streaming in twitch about an hour ago, he was streaming for 7-8 hours, YES 7-8 and he was putting rares worth 10,000 gold in mystic toilet, he got 3 precursors only, he would probably get some more if he was forging exotics but no matter what buying precursors from tp is your best deal

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

Mystic Forge - Dawn

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

How many tries did it take you to get the Dawn?

Something between 1 and 100,000 tries.

As others said, it is totally based on RNG.
I tried a few times the MF to get my tooth of frostfang, but only from drops, never actually managed to get it, so I bought and later I made my legendary, much less frustrating than flushing the Mystic Toilet.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)