Mystic Forge PSA

Mystic Forge PSA

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Hello all. I just wanted to give everyone a little reminder(or heads up if you didn’t know) that the Mystic Forge can now give sub level 80 exotics from putting exclusively level 80 items in it. I hadn’t forged for a few months and had zero idea it was happening. I figure this would be a nice thing to let everyone know because it may give them pause before actually using the Forge anymore.

G.I. Joe used to say “Knowing is half the battle” and I wanted you to all be able to fight at least half of it.

Some other things to note that you may have missed: Dungeon Runes are Account Bound now which is cool. Bloodstone Shards are too as well as Crystals and Philosopher Stones(Yay!).

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Hello all. I just wanted to give everyone a little reminder(or heads up if you didn’t know) that the Mystic Forge can now give sub level 80 exotics from putting exclusively level 80 items in it. I hadn’t forged for a few months and had zero idea it was happening. I figure this would be a nice thing to let everyone know because it may give them pause before actually using the Forge anymore.

It’s okay they totally improved the rate of exotics by doing this!

note The rate of getting a precursor is still bad.

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You are like 4 months too late with that.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Dude, it’s a PSA. Public Service Announcement. It was posted to bring attention to the fact, for those of us that weren’t aware of it.

I had no idea about this myself, so I’m glad he posted.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Dude, it’s a PSA. Public Service Announcement. It was posted to bring attention to the fact, for those of us that weren’t aware of it.

^this. I even say in my original post that I hadn’t forged in a few months. It’s just to let people know like myself and others that had no idea it happened.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Oh you mean a “reminder” ?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Mystic Forge PSA

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Oh you mean a “reminder” ?

No, not a reminder, because as I said, some of us never knew about it to begin with.

Surely this isn’t the best use of your time. If you don’t like the thread, you don’t have to post in it. -__-;

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’ve had some weird experiences with MF for a while now. I don’t use it very often but in the last few weeks i’ve thrown in same types of rare weapons i got as drops in hope of getting some skins i don’t have and on a remote chance i may get a precursor lol.

What i’ve found is very often, i’d put in 4 rare daggers for eg all lvl 80 and i would get a bow, or an axe or a trident instead of another dagger. This happens quite often too with various weapons. I thought that if u put same type of weapon in there, you would get same type back. So i don’t know if this is a bug or what, but it’s kinda annoying to get that.

Mystic Forge PSA

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I thought that’s the way it worked, myself. IIRC, if you put in at least three of the same weight of armor, the item to come out should be that armor weight as well. So, ideally, the weapons should work in a similar fashion.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You are supposed to be guaranteed the same item type if you put 4 of the same type in.

For armor, all 4 pieces must be the same weight and slot or else the result will be random. For example, if I throw in a leather hat, leather boots, leather gloves, and leather leggings, my output could be a metal anything (hat, boots, chest, shoulders, legs, or gloves). If I throw 4 leather hats in, I am guaranteed to get a leather hat back.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I’ve had some weird experiences with MF for a while now. I don’t use it very often but in the last few weeks i’ve thrown in same types of rare weapons i got as drops in hope of getting some skins i don’t have and on a remote chance i may get a precursor lol.

What i’ve found is very often, i’d put in 4 rare daggers for eg all lvl 80 and i would get a bow, or an axe or a trident instead of another dagger. This happens quite often too with various weapons. I thought that if u put same type of weapon in there, you would get same type back. So i don’t know if this is a bug or what, but it’s kinda annoying to get that.

I’m sorry but that doesn’t happen, with over 5000 rare weapon forges that has NEVER happened to me. Most likely you threw in a weapon that had the same icon but was a different type.

As to the OP, even though you can get lower level exotics the rare at which precursors drop doesn’t seem to have changed since the update if you go off of the data people have put out on reddit etc.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I thought that’s the way it worked, myself. IIRC, if you put in at least three of the same weight of armor, the item to come out should be that armor weight as well. So, ideally, the weapons should work in a similar fashion.

It used work for me that way in the past, where if i placed same types of weapons i’d always get the same back, but in recent times something has changed. It must be a bug coz it’s happened to me too many times lately where i get something else.

Mystic Forge PSA

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

You are supposed to be guaranteed the same item type if you put 4 of the same type in.

For armor, all 4 pieces must be the same weight and slot or else the result will be random. For example, if I throw in a leather hat, leather boots, leather gloves, and leather leggings, my output could be a metal anything (hat, boots, chest, shoulders, legs, or gloves). If I throw 4 leather hats in, I am guaranteed to get a leather hat back.

One of the two of us is confused then. I thought sure I’ve tried 4 of same type before and gotten a different type.

At least, with weapons anyway.

Or words to that effect.