Mystic Forge Recipe: Immobulus

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Like others here have said, scepter being not so great for a ranged weapon, I don’t really have a use for Immobulus, although I do like the effects. For a Necro, however, I’d much prefer Eye of Rodgort, even if it does mean having to farm up 500 T6 blood. I can stand to bear 10 Giant eyes being bought on the TP if need be.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Like others here have said, scepter being not so great for a ranged weapon, I don’t really have a use for Immobulus, although I do like the effects. For a Necro, however, I’d much prefer Eye of Rodgort, even if it does mean having to farm up 500 T6 blood. I can stand to bear 10 Giant eyes being bought on the TP if need be.

I originally thought I could farm the bloods by killing skelks in Southsun- man I changed my mind quickly.

In the end I bought t6 crafting bags with laurels- and kept the bloods, sold the rest.
I had to start with 7g and no laurels too because I used all my laurels on dye -.-
I just put in buy orders every 10-20 or so gold- still took me a month

my Necro loves me though

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I originally thought I could farm the bloods by killing skelks in Southsun- man I changed my mind quickly.

In the end I bought t6 crafting bags with laurels- and kept the bloods, sold the rest.
I had to start with 7g and no laurels too because I used all my laurels on dye -.-
I just put in buy orders every 10-20 or so gold- still took me a month

my Necro loves me though

What a lovely screen! Very nice scepter

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Skelks were my original target of interest, but I had limited success with those. I found that after farming Frostgorge for a while and whacking enough Arctoduses (Arctodi?), they give probably just as much T6 as skelks do. Individual results will vary though, of course.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Skelks were my original target of interest, but I had limited success with those. I found that after farming Frostgorge for a while and whacking enough Arctoduses (Arctodi?), they give probably just as much T6 as skelks do. Individual results will vary though, of course.

Harpies in fractals (if you roll for it) are a decent source too. Every time I go through the 2 bunches of them I generally get at least 1-3 (I have decently high mf, though).

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Hmm, I’m more of a farmer in PvE than a Fractal person, but I do have 151% MF. Not sure if you’d class that as decent.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hmm, I’m more of a farmer in PvE than a Fractal person, but I do have 151% MF. Not sure if you’d class that as decent.

That’s about where I’m at for mf. And the thing about the fractal is it is a first tier fractal, and the loot is still just as good at fractal lvl 1 which is super super easy. So you can just do it, rinse and repeat. Probably an easy and quick way to do it With other friends who want to farm. You also get 4 champ bags from completing it to just past the second hunch of harpies. It can be done in 10-15 minutes casually.

[ARES]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Y’all can stop arguing about whether or not Vol or I was rude (as I don’t care if anyone s on my side or not and since I was only responding to Vol and none of you). Anyway, I’ll just first preface this with, I know that RNG is RNG.

I opened 2000 heavy moldy bags. 0 giant eyes.
I opened 750 large moldy bags. 5 giant eyes.

This is where my information came from. But again, RNG is RNG. I just felt that my sample size was large enough to say what I did, and it apparently wasn’t.

Anyway, Immobulus rocks! Let’s talk about that.

I opened 15750 heavy moldy bags and kept track of the loot drops via a spreadsheet in the last 8 months:

0 Giant Eyes

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Y’all can stop arguing about whether or not Vol or I was rude (as I don’t care if anyone s on my side or not and since I was only responding to Vol and none of you). Anyway, I’ll just first preface this with, I know that RNG is RNG.

This is where my information came from. But again, RNG is RNG. I just felt that my sample size was large enough to say what I did, and it apparently wasn’t.

I opened 15750 heavy moldy bags and kept track of the loot drops via a spreadsheet in the last 8 months:

0 Giant Eyes

Just heavies? Did you do it with large too?

(Also if you didn’t, I’d be glad to say I was right ;D because that amount of heavy bags should be a large enough sample size)

[ARES]

Wanze.8410

0 Giant Eyes

Just heavies? Did you do it with large too?

(Also if you didn’t, I’d be glad to say I was right ;D because that amount of heavy bags should be a large enough sample size)

I did open 6.5k large moldy bags but i wont disclose the droprate here.

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

Well there’s no point in playing coy about drop rates. No offense, but players generally have more reasons to lie about such things than tell the truth.

As I said above:

“Killing a Giant or Risen Giant will always give you a guaranteed Giant Eye, similar to how killing Veteran Karkas will always give you a Karka Shell. Given how rare Giants are in this game, I don’t think this would flood the market with too much supply.”

That’s an elegant solution to the low supply. They are called Giant Eyes after all.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

You see, the delivery is everything here, in this muted environment. There’s no tone of voice, no gesturing, etc. No one likes being told they’re wrong, straight up. Which is precisely what Vol did. If you see it as condescending then I guess that’s your issue.

Yes, it couldn’t possibly be your issue, could it, or that you actually were being condescending. Or lilith’s issue about being told they are wrong. The delivery was fine and more accurate information was provided.

Was calling them a snarky little kitty necessary? For saying they were wrong? A bit aggressive, don’t you think? I understand why you’d defend this behaviour though, clearly without tone of voice or hand signals you are unable to take things as they are, but I guess that’s your issue.

Perhaps the wiki could be updated. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Eye

Says only available from HMB’s. I personally have never had one from a LMB or a mob, but yeah, I wont be stating that they only drop from HMB’s, for obvious reasons! :p

Why not?

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Lilith Ajit.6173

You see, the delivery is everything here, in this muted environment. There’s no tone of voice, no gesturing, etc. No one likes being told they’re wrong, straight up. Which is precisely what Vol did. If you see it as condescending then I guess that’s your issue.

Yes, it couldn’t possibly be your issue, could it, or that you actually were being condescending. Or lilith’s issue about being told they are wrong. The delivery was fine and more accurate information was provided.

Was calling them a snarky little kitty necessary? For saying they were wrong? A bit aggressive, don’t you think? I understand why you’d defend this behaviour though, clearly without tone of voice or hand signals you are unable to take things as they are, but I guess that’s your issue.

Perhaps the wiki could be updated. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Eye

Says only available from HMB’s. I personally have never had one from a LMB or a mob, but yeah, I wont be stating that they only drop from HMB’s, for obvious reasons! :p

Why not?

Who doesn’t want to be a snarky little kitty?

Anyway as I said in a post above, I don’t care what anyone has to say about his or my response. The point is, facts are facts. 16k HMB from Wanze and no giant eyes. 750 LMB and 5 giant eyes from me. Facts are facts. Numbers are numbers.

[ARES]

tomlin.8204

Anyway as I said in a post above, I don’t care what anyone has to say about his or my response. The point is, facts are facts. 16k HMB from Wanze and no giant eyes. 750 LMB and 5 giant eyes from me. Facts are facts. Numbers are numbers.

Except it is not a fact, as I have had Giant Eyes drop from Heavy Moldy Bags. Are you also calling me a liar, as well as the name you just called me in your private message?

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Except it is not a fact, as I have had Giant Eyes drop from Heavy Moldy Bags. Are you also calling me a liar, as well as the name you just called me in your private message?

i dont like popcorn but i will drink tea whilst you two go at it.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Wanze.8410

Why not?

As this topic shows, valid information on droprates in general is hard to come by, unless you do the research in game yourself.

I spent alot of gold buying tens of thousands of lootbags and alot of time documenting loot tables and drop rates. On many lootbags, especially mid and low tier, my research far exceeds the one posted on the wiki, while the info on the wiki often is false or incomplete. As the wiki is player-generated and anybody can input anything, i never take any info for granted, even though I often quote it.

The same goes for this topic. There is no way anybody can be certain that what I or somebody else state, is the truth.

So if you want to know the droprates of Giant Eyes from Large and Heavy Moldy Bags, go ahead and buy 5k each.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

So if you want to know the droprates of Giant Eyes from Large and Heavy Moldy Bags, go ahead and buy 5k each.

Oof….400 gold for 10K moldy bags (current sell price). My heart is having palpitations at the thought of opening that many bags…..my poor mouse hand.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

So according to wiki’s drop rate research it is at about 0.07% from Heavy Moldy Bags.

Wiki has nothing for Large Moldy Bags but around April/May last year there was the bug at the Seal of Union waypoint where it got farmed a lot and that should have generated a large quantity of Large Moldy Bags but if we look at spidy’s data it doesn’t look like there was much impact on the supply of the Giant Eyes.

On the other hand bugs are always possible. An extra 0 in the wrong spot for the drop rate would make a huge difference.

Wanze.8410

Oof….400 gold for 10K moldy bags (current sell price). My heart is having palpitations at the thought of opening that many bags…..my poor mouse hand.

Alot of Lootbags actually yield a profit, if you buy them on buy order and sell the loot undercutting the lowest seller. Right now those profit margins are pretty slim though, as their prices went up during the last 2 months thanks to asc armorcrafting.

For opening lootbags, i use an autoclicker macro. As it only does 1 keystroke per action and doesnt enable me to play elsewhere while opening containers, its use is legit according to Anets 3rd party program and macro policy outlined here by Gaile Gray: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

You can also bind left click to your mouse wheel.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

Alot of Lootbags actually yield a profit, if you buy them on buy order and sell the loot undercutting the lowest seller. Right now those profit margins are pretty slim though, as their prices went up during the last 2 months thanks to asc armorcrafting.

For opening lootbags, i use an autoclicker macro. As it only does 1 keystroke per action and doesnt enable me to play elsewhere while opening containers, its use is legit according to Anets 3rd party program and macro policy outlined here by Gaile Gray: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros/first#post1532762

You can also bind left click to your mouse wheel.

Didn’t know about the mouse wheel, very cool. I know the bags can be profitable over a large amount of them. One armored shell will pay for 6 bags, a giant eye (should one be so lucky) will pay for 20. Tons of tier 6 mats are worth a lot. I could test 50 gold on it…see where I end up. Thanks for the link….

Lilith Ajit.6173

Anyway, on the topic at hand: immobulus. I really think we should get back on the topic of the recipe, and whether people think it should be changed or not

[ARES]

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Silver doubloons say hiiiiii.

Lilith Ajit.6173

That’s a good point. but I guess the difference is, is that you can get these from the forge, where giant eyes you can’t. There’s no special giant eye recipe.

[ARES]

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

-Immobulus requires 250 of an item that can’t be farmed, has absurdly low drop rates and there isn’t even enough of on the TP to craft it from scratch currently.

Or

-The Juggernaut. A legendary weapon that requires 250 of something that can barely be farmed (might as well farm the gold and buy the item). And if you want to craft it from scratch (well at least the vial of quicksilver), you actually can.

So I think Immobulus is worse. But the problem with silver doubloon is also dumb.

Lilith Ajit.6173

-Immobulus requires 250 of an item that can’t be farmed, has absurdly low drop rates and there isn’t even enough of on the TP to craft it from scratch currently.

Or

-The Juggernaut. A legendary weapon that requires 250 of something that can barely be farmed (might as well farm the gold and buy the item). And if you want to craft it from scratch (well at least the vial of quicksilver), you actually can.

So I think Immobulus is worse. But the problem with silver doubloon is also dumb.

I agree ^^

[ARES]

Khisanth.2948

Silver doubloons can also be obtained from loot bags and various other places.
From a stack of bags there is still a decent chance of getting a doubloon. If you make them from the forge the chance is much higher than that.

According to wiki’s drop rate research for Heavy Moldy Bags the drop rate of giant eyes is 0.07%. That is about 10 times lower than the chance of getting a precursor from the forge.

ndrangles.5183

If you guys could have a change made, would you rather have the recipe for Immobulus take fewer eyes, or would you rather have an increased drop rate on eyes? (either by introducing a new source or by increasing the rate from bags)

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Lilith Ajit.6173

If you guys could have a change made, would you rather have the recipe for Immobulus take fewer eyes, or would you rather have an increased drop rate on eyes? (either by introducing a new source or by increasing the rate from bags)

Personally, I think either would do just fine. Well, maybe if there was a chance recipe with the forge (similar to silver doubloons or something). I don’t understand why they chose 250 eyes and 250 piles of t6 dust for the recipe…. but meh

[ARES]

RedStar.4218

Increase drop rate on eyes. Because Anet will probably one day release something that requires 250 Giant Eyes and 250 Silver Doubloons

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

2000+hrs here, and only had one giant eye drop. It’s sitting in my collections.

Wanze: I’m curious. Are you tracking loot drops from a specific bag type in general? Are you tracking just one or two items? I’d be interested in seeing how you set up your spreadsheet if you are tracking a lot of data.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Wanze.8410

2000+hrs here, and only had one giant eye drop. It’s sitting in my collections.

Wanze: I’m curious. Are you tracking loot drops from a specific bag type in general? Are you tracking just one or two items? I’d be interested in seeing how you set up your spreadsheet if you are tracking a lot of data.

I track lootdrops from over 40 different bags, of which i opened at least 500 each.
I have a spreadsheet for each of those bags listing each item on the loot table and the drop percentage that i researched. Everytime I open another couple of stacks, i put in the data and the percentage changes. Via the API the spreadsheet takes the actual prices of the loot (1c under lowest seller) and the bags (1c over highest bidder) and tells me the price I have to pay and the projected profit. A friend of mine programmed the API stuff into it, as that is not my cup of tea, so i cant really help you with that.

I started doing that when Silver Doubloons got expensive and the Invasions were going on. The amount of Light Bags of Booty that dropped from the Aetherblades was insane and buy orders filled up pretty quick. At that time some t2 and 3 fine crafting mats were also valued between 3-5 silver, which basically resulted in 1s profit for every lootback i opened.

Now i mostly use it to get in demand items, linen scraps for example.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I didn’t even know there were giant eyes as drops. How embarrassing.

We are two….

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Last I checked if you bought every eye on the trading post you still wouldn’t have enough to craft one Immobulus. Proof enough that we need more giant eye drops.

Wanze.8410

Last I checked if you bought every eye on the trading post you still wouldn’t have enough to craft one Immobulus. Proof enough that we need more giant eye drops.

The mayority of giant eyes will be in peoples collectable tab and most of them wont even know about it.

Lilith Ajit.6173

The mayority of giant eyes will be in peoples collectable tab and most of them wont even know about it.

I agree with this. Not too many people even know what they’re for.

[ARES]

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I still think that the drop rate should be increased- someone here suggested guaranteed drop from giant/risen giant.
Seems like a great and rather logical solution to me.

and yes people do not know what they are for- the one I got, I sold for something ridiculous like 2s back at launch- ouch

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep, I like my “Giants/Risen Giants always drop a Giant Eye on death” idea. They’re so rare that even this change won’t suddenly flood the market with supply unless hundreds of players start camping the events that spawn giants (and given the generally low demand for Giant Eyes despite their crazy scarcity, that’s not likely to happen).

I’d take a reduction of Immobulus to 100 Giant Eyes too, but increasing the drop rates would probably be more fair than reducing the crafting cost.

Khisanth.2948

Yep, I like my “Giants/Risen Giants always drop a Giant Eye on death” idea. They’re so rare that even this change won’t suddenly flood the market with supply unless hundreds of players start camping the events that spawn giants (and given the generally low demand for Giant Eyes despite their crazy scarcity, that’s not likely to happen).

I’d take a reduction of Immobulus to 100 Giant Eyes too, but increasing the drop rates would probably be more fair than reducing the crafting cost.

It would make Giant Slayer worth doing.

ndrangles.5183

Dear ArenaNet,

Attachments:

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Lilith Ajit.6173

Dear ArenaNet,

Wow, those skyrocketed out of control. Our conversation yesterday must have destroyed everything.

[ARES]

tomlin.8204

Yeah, that’s crazy. I really like the Immobolus skin but when you’re looking at at least 3 times the price of a Precursor, it’s quite hard to justify it.

I think having Giants drop them is a good idea, maybe 60-100% chance, and reducing the recipe cost to 100.

I wonder what the person who designed it thinks. “Yay, my scepter design is rare and people think it’s worth the work to obtain it!” or “Aww, my design is somewhat lost because you can get more powerful weapons for a fraction of the price”

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah, that’s crazy. I really like the Immobolus skin but when you’re looking at at least 3 times the price of a Precursor, it’s quite hard to justify it.

I think having Giants drop them is a good idea, maybe 60-100% chance, and reducing the recipe cost to 100.

I wonder what the person who designed it thinks. “Yay, my scepter design is rare and people think it’s worth the work to obtain it!” or “Aww, my design is somewhat lost because you can get more powerful weapons for a fraction of the price”

Well, on the plus side, my scepters will remain rare!

Down side, I can’t make any more, at that price

[ARES]

ndrangles.5183

Yeah, it could have something to do with this thread. I guess there are some new investors in the market. Meanwhile I have been stuck at 133/250 eyes for a couple weeks. Whenever the price goes up, I lose my motivation for gold farming. So that’s been happening a lot lately. :P

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

As I said above:

“Killing a Giant or Risen Giant will always give you a guaranteed Giant Eye, similar to how killing Veteran Karkas will always give you a Karka Shell. Given how rare Giants are in this game, I don’t think this would flood the market with too much supply.”

Also, Eyes of Zhaitan. Because one, duh, and two, nobody kills half of them right now anyway.

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

I dont think their rarity is a huge problem. maybe the droprate could be increased a bit. The problem is that people dont farm in orr now :/ back when orr was packed, you could get the eyes much cheaper and there were many more of them on the tp. I got my immobulus then. It was still expensive but not quite as much as it would be today. I like feeling a bit unique with my scepter now xD if you made them drop for CERTAIN from those mobs, wouldnt orr be farming heaven then? and it would eventually flood the tp..

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Someone mentioned they drop from Basilisks… which makes sense if you look at them .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I made mention of the Basilisk farm my ranger tried weeks ago, unsuccessfully. Wiki has info based on players’ drops and is updated as such.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’ve tried to farm the basilisks on several occasions for thirty minute stretches of time just to see if I could verify that they indeed drop the Giant Eyes.

I’ve not had one basilisk drop an Eye as of yet. I can not confirm they drop Giant Eyes yet. Nor have I farmed long enough to determine that they do not drop.

RedStar.4218

To think they I found them kind of expensive at 30s and way too expensive at 60…Well back then I was also poorer.