Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Myxam.2790

Myxam.2790

Could really use this feature, just shove the same items in we had. It’d help with material promotions. Maybe a Forge All in slot?

(edited by Myxam.2790)

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yes please, I was thinking about exactly this when I was making Mystic Clovers, Molten Lodestones and Destroyer Lodestones.

A “repeat last” would be fantastic; just try to put an item with the same id in each of the 4 slots.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I hate to think of the amount of clicks I have done promoting materials in the forge…

Instead of a “repeat last” I’d like a dialog box to pop up and ask “how many repeats would you like?” and then you select the amount and hit go, with a confirmation.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’d like them to completely rebuild the entire Mystic Forge interface to function more like a crafting page (in that you unlock the recipe once via a discovery page that looks like the current MF interface, then subsequent uses would allow you to choose what you want to Forge from the list of unlocked recipes).

Forging random gear would continue to use the current MF interface (i.e. the “Discovery” panel).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Pifil.5193

I hate to think of the amount of clicks I have done promoting materials in the forge…

Instead of a “repeat last” I’d like a dialog box to pop up and ask “how many repeats would you like?” and then you select the amount and hit go, with a confirmation.

That’d be cool too.

I’d like them to completely rebuild the entire Mystic Forge interface to function more like a crafting page (in that you unlock the recipe once via a discovery page that looks like the current MF interface, then subsequent uses would allow you to choose what you want to Forge from the list of unlocked recipes).

Forging random gear would continue to use the current MF interface (i.e. the “Discovery” panel).

That would also be great.

A repeat last, an option to specify the number of attempts or some other change to make it more like crafting, I don’t mind how they solve this but please, for the love of the eternal alchemy, please, please stop making us double click stuff in our inventory then hit forge repetitively.

I was making Mystic Clovers for my legendary. It takes 9 clicks per forge attempt, on average 231 attempts to make 77 Mystic Clovers that means it takes over 2000 clicks just to make the Mystic Clovers for a legendary.

I know there’s a recipe with a chance for 10 clovers too but forging shouldn’t be so kitten repetitive, I made about 60.

I have the mats for my second legendary and to be honest the Mystic Forge is all that’s putting me off doing it; it’ll take hours of mindless clicking to make all the Mystic Clovers and Charged Lodestones I need.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Practically any change to the Forge would be welcomed. This is a good idea. I’m hoping they can redesign it, though, and add even more features.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

One of the reasons mystic forge recipes command high premiums on the TP is that it takes a long time. Make it easier to promote mats in bulk and we’d lose a lot of the value for doing so. That’s not necessarily a bad thing; it is something that ANet has to consider before making a change.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

mtpelion.4562

One of the reasons mystic forge recipes command high premiums on the TP is that it takes a long time. Make it easier to promote mats in bulk and we’d lose a lot of the value for doing so. That’s not necessarily a bad thing; it is something that ANet has to consider before making a change.

The promotion of materials is usually very unprofitable (or so narrowly profitable as to be a waste of time to do) due to the cost of the dust in use, or the lower price of the higher tier material so it won’t have a significant economical impact to make it easier to perform.

At any given time there are usually only 2-3 promotions that actually make sense to do.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The promotion of materials is usually very unprofitable (or so narrowly profitable as to be a waste of time to do) due to the cost of the dust in use, or the lower price of the higher tier material so it won’t have a significant economical impact to make it easier to perform.

At any given time there are usually only 2-3 promotions that actually make sense to do.

At any given time, there are half a dozen that earn 50s+ per shard.
http://www.gw2shinies.com/shard-alchemy

Sometimes, there are more.

Whether that’s worth your time or not is up to you. However, if it were faster to promote, the number of profitable promotions would drop to zero, except during market transitions. (The same way that it’s generally unprofitable to refine logs into planks, except for e.g. Tuesday, when for a few hours, it was very profitable.)

Again, I’m not saying that this would be the end of the world. It is, however, one of the few sinks for spirit shards now and has value that would be lost if it’s a lot easier/faster to forge. The point is it’s something that ANet has to consider before changing the mechanic.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

mtpelion.4562

I wonder if ArenaNet prefers the route they took with the Mordrem slivers and Snowflakes versus the launch materials?

I think that if the goal is to incentivize the use of the promotion, the forge recipe should have the dust requirement lowered to 1 (instead of 5) and be the same for all tiers (i.e. the T6 recipe should output at the same rate as the other tiers rather than a substantially smaller amount like it is now). I’d also be in favor of a lower level of variation on the output range (or, for a really complex build, tying the output range to the price variation between the tiers).

I know that I almost never promote for use because it is usually a financially bad idea to do so. You are almost always better off selling the lower tier items on the TP and using the proceeds to buy an even greater number of higher tier items which renders promotion irrelevant.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Pifil.5193

Really? I always thought that mystic forge recipes command high premiums because most players don’t know anything about them.

I mean if you want to promote a few thousand materials then yeah, I can see how it’s time consuming but if you just want to promote a few hundred then it’s not so bad surely?

Either way, I’m not that bothered about TP prices, I’d just rather not have to do a few thousand mouse clicks to make a legendary: the most epic part of the journey should not be sacrificing a mouse.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

mtpelion.4562

Really? I always thought that mystic forge recipes command high premiums because most players don’t know anything about them.

I mean if you want to promote a few thousand materials then yeah, I can see how it’s time consuming but if you just want to promote a few hundred then it’s not so bad surely?

Either way, I’m not that bothered about TP prices, I’d just rather not have to do a few thousand mouse clicks to make a legendary: the most epic part of the journey should not be sacrificing a mouse.

The fact that most of them require enormous quantities of the most expensive items in the game to make a single item are probably also a main reason why so few make them.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The fact that most of them require enormous quantities of the most expensive items in the game to make a single item are probably also a main reason why so few make them.

You keep saying this, despite the fact that, at any given time, there are many promotion recipes worth 50-150 silver per spirit shard, after taking into account the cost to buy the inputs on the TP. The reason they command that value is that they are time consuming — some people might not know about them, but enough people do.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

mtpelion.4562

You keep saying this, despite the fact that, at any given time, there are many promotion recipes worth 50-150 silver per spirit shard, after taking into account the cost to buy the inputs on the TP. The reason they command that value is that they are time consuming — some people might not know about them, but enough people do.

Promotions are not relevant to what you quoted.

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

You keep saying this, despite the fact that, at any given time, there are many promotion recipes worth 50-150 silver per spirit shard, after taking into account the cost to buy the inputs on the TP.

“Many” is greatly overstated.

There are 54 promotions of common mats available. On 7/26 @ 7:11 PM US central daylight time, only one was profitable after including the 15% selling fees. Occasionally, there are two profitable promotions. It is very rare that there are three or more.

There were three promotions on that day that would have been profitable if used entirely for ones own purposes (i.e. dropping the 15% fee).

Mystic Forge Repeat Last

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Promotions are not relevant to what you quoted.

Promotions are what the OP is talking about, thus it’s relevant to the question of whether changing the UI to be faster has economic implications.

With two exceptions, other recipes aren’t implemented in mass. The two exceptions, Amalgamated Gemstones & Mystic Clover can be forged in units of 10. Making the first easier to forge has a direct economic impact; making the second has an indirect one. Either/both of these could be resolved by removing the fixed recipe from the forge and making them part of crafting instead, and slowing them down the way that fulgurite production is throttled.