Mystic Forge Stones, add more uses

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ari.4023

Ari.4023

Having so many of them, as of now 254… Their only use is in making mystic salvage kits.

Since I have the salvage-o-matics I use the copper one for most things and mystic salvage kits for the better things. The silver salvage-o-matic lies unused because the mystic kits provide less costly salvaging and I can get pretty much an endless supply of them.

So, if those stones had another use, something worthwhile… The silver salvage-o-matic might become relevant again.

Posted by: Robban.1256

Robban.1256

Hello Ari, a stone can be used in place of a piece of equipment for the forge’s conversion recipes.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge_Stone

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Hello Ari, a stone can be used in place of a piece of equipment for the forge’s conversion recipes.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge_Stone

Handy for getting rid of one or two rares/exotics you get from leveling rewards, but if you want to Forge for a precursor, you still wouldn’t use a Forge Stone. Using one in the mix ends up with a random gear type result.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The silver salvage-o-matic has never been ‘relevant’; it’s always been a convenience purchase. It provides a 1.44 copper savings per use over the master’s salvage kit. Even if you’re willing to use the silver-fed exclusively (leaving the copper-fed irrelevant), it still won’t pay for itself. (Including ‘research’, I’ve credit for nearly 240k salvages; that’s enough to ‘save’ merely 24 gold over 4.5 years.)

In contrast, you can use a single stone to replace an exotic weapon when forging, giving it a value of anywhere from 30 silver (during the peak of the AB/ML farms) to about 1g (the current value of the cheapest L68-80 exotics).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Mystic stones are a finite resource that can not be actively farmed. The Silver Salvage kit is sort of a way of futureproofing yourself from the day they run dry. Therefore, mystic salvage kits are not a valid comparison. And not to mention it’d make mystic stones worthless if the kit was buffed.

And honestly, it’s really not worth the investment because you could use the coins/gems for something else with a bigger impact. I really doubt the extra copper you save from salvages, even over time will make a big difference.

And yes I have one. But I do think mystic stones should be used in something.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Wish they could take the place of a mystic coin in the clover recipe…

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How would this help much? The faucet for mystic stones is even more anemic than that of mystic coins — it might reduce the clover costs for one session for tiny subset of the population; it won’t have any long-term impact.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You can tap the things for… some unknown reason.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

How would this help much? The faucet for mystic stones is even more anemic than that of mystic coins — it might reduce the clover costs for one session for tiny subset of the population; it won’t have any long-term impact.

I would say it’s not about long-term impact, but just to get rid of the blasted things. I have well over 250, and there’s no decent use for them. I quasi-accidentally bought a silver-fed salvage (thinking it was of a different tier/cost, totally my mistake), so I don’t need to use them for kits. The other purpose is almost negligible.

Being able to use them in place of Mystic Coins in some recipes would be helpful, but not all that economy-breaking. Market value for them is about 14-16g each, so having them count as 5 coins in some of the recipes (special exotic skins, mystic weapons, legendary gifts, etc) is still underselling their value.

It doesn’t even have to be that. There just need to be some other uses for it.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

ArchonWing.9480

It doesn’t have to help much. It just gives people something to do with those stones.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It doesn’t have to help much. It just gives people something to do with those stones.

There already are uses; the OP has chosen not to make use of them.

Like nearly any item, some people think they have too many and others can’t get enough. That’s a statement more about players having different preferences rather than whether there are too few uses.

I don’t think it’s worth ANet’s time to even consider repurposing the stones; there’s simply not enough benefit for the community overall.

ArchonWing.9480

There already are uses; the OP has chosen not to make use of them.

Like nearly any item, some people think they have too many and others can’t get enough. That’s a statement more about players having different preferences rather than whether there are too few uses.

I don’t think it’s worth ANet’s time to even consider repurposing the stones; there’s simply not enough benefit for the community overall.

There’s exactly 2 uses, one is specific, and the other as Rauderi stated is of dubious quality due to stone representing a random weapon. That’s not much room for preference. I mean, I meant more uses.

As for benefit for the community, as vague of a value as it seems, I would point out that mystic stones are granted via AP chests and sometimes daily rewards. So since all players get these things as they play, I would say that changing these things does affect many players.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)