Mystic Forge Superior Runes/Sigils

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

How about allowing us to Mystic Forge 4 Superior Runes/Sigils to receive a random Superior Rune/Sigil in return? In a similar manner as we already can with Major Runes/Sigils.

I think this would give Superior Runes/Sigils a much better baseline price and keep the prices of the most desirable ones in check.

Current price disparity is a bit ridiculous at 10g+ for the most desirable ones and less than 1s for the least desirable ones. To put that in perspective, even most major Runes/Sigils cost 4s+ precisely because they have a chance of returning a random Superior Rune/Sigil in the MF.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I was gambling on this happening a year ago. I lost that gamble and ended up selling my stockpile of superior sigils and runes to a merchant. only lost like 60s in the process, but still annoying. yes, this should be added.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Suggested and discussed as a good idea by players many times, and listed by me in this feature list as 84. Ability to put exotic sigils/runes and ascended gear (especially rings) into Mystic Forge. I think that would even out prices of “useless” and “useful” runes/sigils a bit.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Benson.9063

Benson.9063

I was about to make a topic about this but found this post from… 10 months ago. I think being able to turn superior runes/sigils into a random through MF would go a long way (or some other recipe involving superior runes/sigils).

I looked at Lishtenbird’s topic in the feature list but that is 1 talking point among 167, and I didn’t see much discussion in that thread about this; furthermore I believe the issue is too different from the discussion that takes place regarding ascended gear in the mystic forge to be grouped with it. On a side note I have like 20 fractal rings and would love to have something to do with them other than vendor, but i have seen a lot of threads on that topic already.

Right now there are too many superior runes / sigils that are on TP for vendor price. Sometimes I will put superior runes up and can’t even sell them because there are no buy orders… at all (for 2s55c vendor price)! It was like 1 year ago exactly that they had the feature pack with runes, sigils update and that really hasn’t done anything for the myriad lesser used runes since it’s still the case that nobody uses them. When min TP price was 2s17c there were still a lot that sold for 2s17c. If you removed the vendor price minimum or TP price minimum, these runes would go far lower. why even have these runes in the game? (about the same reason there are junk items).

Look at the price of Major Runes. They are ALL above the price of many many superior runes. It doesn’t make any sense logically (but it actually does since u can MF major runes and u can’t MF superior). It might mess up prices but I’m sure they can think of a formula that wouldn’t have too much effect (JUST for example they could even make the output table for putting superior runes into MF the same as or slightly adjusted (for the better) to the output table for putting in major runes – I believe MF is why major runes have a floor of around 4s to 5s in the first place).

(edited by Benson.9063)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Hey, that’d be great. I didn’t know you couldn’t Forge superior runes/sigils until, oh.. Wintersday. So much Mischief. ;_;

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

There are likely enough people with stacks upon stacks upon stacks of worthless runes speculating on exactly this change that they’re wary of doing it. While it might have been a good idea up front, implementing it now would just mean crashing every rune market in the game.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think you are underestimating the markets. Besides, they have caused much greater impacts on that market with class balance changes.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Benson.9063

Benson.9063

i think it would be significant if they made superior runes/sigils into a random new superior rune/sigil but eventually market would adjust. also i think there are other recipes that would work. like i said, even using the major rune/sigil MF output table would be a positive. but it’s not for me to say what the recipe should be. i just think there should be one!

I don’t get Rauderi’s reply. I tried googling Wintersday and a combination of superior rune sigil etc. Does it have anything to do w/ superior sigil of mischief…? edit: oh ok i thought that was sarcasm hah.

(edited by Benson.9063)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Does it have anything to do w/ superior sigil of mischief…?

Yes, it does. ;_;
I scooped up a bunch, thinking the cheap Mischief sigils could be thrown in the Forge. Sadly, they could not.

Maybe a new Forge recipe? 3 Superior sigils and a philosopher stone? Or something similar involving Miyami’s inventory. Making it a skill-point based conversion would slow the effect that buying cheap sigils for upgrades on the market.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I asked this same thing awhile ago in the Questions about economy thread. Sadly, john may have missed it or bypassed it, but other players answered.

Link

It couldn’t hurt to ask again I suppose. But in the end, i think it could fluctuate the economy a too much without some safeguards (ie dungeon runes not possible to forge, etc).