Mystic Salvage Kit - Issue?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sontor.6314

Sontor.6314

Hey,

just wanted to ask you guys if you experienced similar issues since the last patch went live:

For me it feels like the droprate of “Globs of ectoplasm” has somehow been reduced. I use the Mystic Salvage Kit for salvaging. Before the patch I got a lot more of the Globs. Since then I have done almost every chest event every day and – so far – got 12 Globs. I salvaged every rare item I got.

Before the patch I could easily get 20-25 Globs after doing the events for one day.

This is not supposed to be a “cry like a kid”-thread. Just wanted to check since there had been an issue before where a patch did something to the salvaging rate. It changed by a rate that just really was noticeable for me.

Thanks for your replies.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Very small sample size but last night I salvaged 4 rares and ended up with 5 ectos.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I did feel there was a nerf at some point after I left the game for about 6 months. Then again it is RNG and I can never really be sure. Often I get 0 ecto after 8 or more rares, highly suspect. Then again I get max ectos out of 3 rares in 8, with a few 1-2 ecto occuring. It’s just RNG messing with me.

The mystic salvage kit is no better with chances than the merchant bought one, it just has more charges. So if you have an issue, it isn’t with the salvage kit itself, it’s with the RNG and any suspected changes.

I think you are just experiencing the downside of RNG.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

every patch since the game was launched has been followed by players claiming some kind of secretive, evil nerf of ecto salvage rates.

every single one of them.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

well… one of those times we were right and there was an accidental nerf.

Posted by: Sontor.6314

Sontor.6314

@rizzo: Thanks anyways. Seems to prove that everything is alright.

@GOSU: Thanks for your feedback. Yep, a long and hard downside.

@GrandmaFunk: Not very helpful, thanks anyways. And as Mystic stated, it already happend.

@Mystic: You were faster. Thanks.

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

If anything happens to the salvage rate for ectos then the players who salvage hundreds of rares will notice the change. The sole time a thread like this was correct, it was started by one of these bulk salvagers.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

every patch since the game was launched has been followed by players claiming some kind of secretive, evil nerf of ecto salvage rates.

every single one of them.

This is true.

Iirc the Ecto-rate has always been 0.8 Ectos per item, or 8 Ectos for 10 salvages.

I hate the RNG component of salvaging too but don’t think the rate has changed much.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

^_^
I’m still not sure how much it was nerfed by that one time. some people were salvaging 200 CoF items and getting 20 ectos. Myself, I posted results from salvaging 100 rare weapons from the TP and got 80 ectos (instead of the expected 90)
anyways, I haven’t salvaged hundreds of rares in a while… not since luck was added, actually… for some reason it’s not as profitable anymore. but, the ones I do salvage from world bosses don’t seem too hinky

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

natural ebb and flow. Sometimes I go 10 or so rares with just a piece of mithril/silk/log coming from it, and sometimes I get ectos from all of the ones I salvage. Just RNG.

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

The same thing w/the salvages happened to me when the Teq patch hit; 10 salvages in a row w/a Mystic kit and no Ecto. I never bothered to post b/c of the standard reply’s in this thread-“it’s RNG, all normal, etc”. I just sell my rares and get less money but it’s definitely money, not losing 25 silver on a gamble of getting an Ecto. Maybe if we all do this the price of Ecto’s will rise but I do not need Ecto’s for all that much. Crafting is a waste of money.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Unless you are tracking literally hundreds of salvages, your anecdotes are worthless. Human beings are extremely terrible at judging probability without a lot of data.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

A broken clock tells the right time twice a day.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

And if stealth nerfs didn’t repeatedly occur, accidental or otherwise, you wouldn’t have conspiracy theories either.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

My ecto rate from my mystic kit is horrible.. actually about ready to just vendor and buy an ecto for every yellow.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Actually with mystic/master kits it’s closer to 0.9 ectos per rare.

That said I’ve been recently tracking how many ectos I get every time I salvage. The miss rate, the percentage chance of getting none is roughly 35%, one ecto 45% of the time and two and three echos about 10% of the time each. These are very rough numbers from only 169 salvages. At one point I had a string of 5 misses. One time I only had one 3 in 59 salvage while another time I had eight 3s in 60.

I’m not salvaging ones and twos but in batches over 50.

Random is random.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

And if stealth nerfs didn’t repeatedly occur, accidental or otherwise, you wouldn’t have conspiracy theories either.

Of course we would. Conspiracy theories exist independent of such inconveniences as evidence, logic, or reality.

Someone cries “wolf” multiple times per day on these forums about something and usually has nothing more than a feeling to back it up. The only reason why Smith even looked into the ecto salvaging situation in the first place is because there was clear evidence from several sources that something was wrong. In the absence of this kind of proof, the devs are not going to chase down every phantom bug that someone claims to have found.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Totally agree with OP.

Serious, a ridiculous drop on my salvage ecto rate >_>

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Of course we would. Conspiracy theories exist independent of such inconveniences as evidence, logic, or reality.

Someone cries “wolf” multiple times per day on these forums about something and usually has nothing more than a feeling to back it up. The only reason why Smith even looked into the ecto salvaging situation in the first place is because there was clear evidence from several sources that something was wrong. In the absence of this kind of proof, the devs are not going to chase down every phantom bug that someone claims to have found.

And someday the doomsayers will be right and they will point say they were right … just a few years ahead of time.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes