Mystic coin aquisition

Mystic coin aquisition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

The mystic coin prices are out of this world tbh… you need so many for the legendaries, and since the aquisition is the same since they introduced nightmare fractal cm they price goes up and up.

with the finale of living world season 3 there are not 1, not 2 but 3 new legendaries in game * nice job ^^ * and the mystic coins got another boost in price. is there a way to increase the supply so the price goes down? its just insane… you need them for soo many things, and yet, you gain so little of these beautiful yellow coins

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Mystic Coins are only used in the production of top end luxury items. As such, their high cost on the TP is unlikely to ever receive any ArenaNet action.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How are you determining that they are “out of this world”? Although m-coins represent a huge fraction of the cost of legendary weapons, the market price of tradeable legendaries is actually lower now than when people started commenting on the price of m-coins.

Another way of looking at this is that the cost of m-coins used to be absurdly low and prices are slowly reaching their “fair market” value.

ANet gives away 20 m-coins every 28 days to everyone logging on. In addition, they give us 2g/day for an extra few minutes of effort, more than enough to pay for an extra 28/not-quite-a-month. That’s enough for a gen 1 legendary every 5 months or a gen 2 every 9, without dipping into financial reserves.

Further, the high price is great for new players (who have no need of such shinies), allowing them to jump start their gold acquisition by selling to those of us who want to make more shinies than 20-free-coins/month allows us.

In short, it’s a matter of perspective whether coins are currently over- or under-priced.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

As a holder of five accounts, I think the prices are terrific!

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Mystic Coins are only used in the production of top end luxury items.

This is not at all true. Go look on the wiki for all of the uses for MC, there are way more uses for them that are not high end luxury items than there are high end luxury items that use MC.

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

How are you determining that they are “out of this world”? Although m-coins represent a huge fraction of the cost of legendary weapons, the market price of tradeable legendaries is actually lower now than when people started commenting on the price of m-coins.

Another way of looking at this is that the cost of m-coins used to be absurdly low and prices are slowly reaching their “fair market” value.

ANet gives away 20 m-coins every 28 days to everyone logging on. In addition, they give us 2g/day for an extra few minutes of effort, more than enough to pay for an extra 28/not-quite-a-month. That’s enough for a gen 1 legendary every 5 months or a gen 2 every 9, without dipping into financial reserves.

Further, the high price is great for new players (who have no need of such shinies), allowing them to jump start their gold acquisition by selling to those of us who want to make more shinies than 20-free-coins/month allows us.

In short, it’s a matter of perspective whether coins are currently over- or under-priced.

All of which is entirely subjective. Just as the OP.

I mean, yeah they were absurdly low, relatively speaking. And what is a “fair market price anyway”.

I would never even tell new players to sell their mystic coins, nor saying that it’s great for them especially if they are looking to play this game for a longer time. I would tell them to at least get 250 and then check whether they want more than one legendary. And then maybe then say if they’re not interested in legendaries, then you can sell them. But yeah they don’t need them right away, but that doesn’t mean they should be impatient by selling them now while rebuying them later. Plus considering the acquisition was said to be higher than the consumption, I wouldnt be surprised if people held onto their coins until they make the decision to give up on one of these ultimate gear goals. And from my own perspective, it just seems folly to even begin selling the mystic coins I have, especially because I don’t like haggling and trading my obtained loot away just to buy later. Thus I would never advise new players to sell coins.

As for the 20 coins every 28 days for everyone logging in is also only true is everyone logs in every single day of those 28 days. So the actual amount is much lower than 20 times everyone in mystic coins for those 28 days.

Not to forget that tradable legendaries can be made entirely without even having a single mystic coin in hand. So their price is alot less influenced by mystic coin prices than the second generation ones which need 250 mystic coins flat.

But yeah, since I basically ignore most things on the trading post anyway I don’t really care either way what the price is on the trading post.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

you get 20/month for free
you get another 6/week (24/month) from WvW if you play it actively
you get another 0-18 per day !!! from doing the 99 and 100 fractal cms depending on what drops you get from each boss (its likely to get at least 1 coin per day on average)

I think it is definitly enough and there are tons of players who dont desire the legendaries and sell mystic coins

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Mystic Coins are only used in the production of top end luxury items. As such, their high cost on the TP is unlikely to ever receive any ArenaNet action.

Not really you need 1 if you want to promote or demote fractal of the mist essences aswell.

Found that out when I wanted to demote some of my high level ones to lower ones.

Mystic coin aquisition

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not really you need 1 if you want to promote or demote fractal of the mist essences aswell.

Found that out when I wanted to demote some of my high level ones to lower ones.

3 globs from 1 shard costs: 1 master’s kit + crystalline dust + 1 coin (~2g) OR just under 3g + 300 fractal relics.

In other words, even if mystic coins triple in price, there will be a lower-cost method to demote mist essence.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”