Mystic forge and accept

Mystic forge and accept

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GolgoXIII.8536

GolgoXIII.8536

This whole thing with having to press the most redundant button in GW2 can we please get rid of it? Having an “accept” button after you put something through the mystic forge has to be the most redundant button in the game, after all it’s not like you can say oh I don’t like that item the mystic forge gave me it’s all over bar the shouting once you press the forge button it’s not like you can go back and ask for a refund it’s done, dusted, over, the end I don’t see a point in having an accept button.

Mystic forge and accept

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, the Devs can’t/have placed it low on the priority list/don’t see the need to figure out a way to make Auto-loot work on the forge. =/

Remember, when the game started, we had to gather/accept/interact with all loot.

Mystic forge and accept

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you are forging multiples it is much faster to just hit F again rather than waiting for the useless animation and clicking accept.

Mystic forge and accept

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I don’t think the button itself is redundant. The UI lets you see with a big screen what you got out of it. Perhaps the word ‘accept’ is redundant though, since as you say, you can’t exactly refuse. Rewording to ‘ok’ (as in ‘ok I’ve seen it now’) might be more appropriate. It is rather low priority though.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mystic forge and accept

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

The entire window is redundant and we are still waiting for a “forge x10” or “forge all” option. After 3+ years. You don’t have to click accept, since you already get the item anyway. That never changed. Also, it shows on your right what you got, if you have that turned on at least.

Mystic forge and accept

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

We’ve never had to click the “accept” button on the mystic forge. Once you see the pop-up, you can resummon the forge (press [f] at the forge, or double click your gizmo if you’re using the portable). Or just wait for the display. In either case, you can start adding your next four items without ever touching ‘Accept’.

There are definitely things about the MF interface that are awkward; this isn’t one of them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic forge and accept

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The entire window is redundant and we are still waiting for a “forge x10” or “forge all” option.

Part of the reason I haven’t been waiting for this is that some items remain more valuable on the TP because forging is more laborious than crafting.

There are already bulk options for the main ‘gates’ to legendaries, i.e. Clovers & AmGems.

Nothing else needs to be quicker or easier. The market premium for promoting e.g. green wood to soft wood is partly due to the time spent promoting; the cost of precursors would drop substantially if it were easier to bulk forge rares.

Mind you, that’s not necessarily bad for the game or the community; neither is it necessarily a good thing. I’m not altogether sure it’s worth dev resources to change it, given its limited benefit.

Mystic forge and accept

Khisanth.2948

The cost of promoting should be the spirit shards not an awkward UI.

Mystic forge and accept

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The cost of promoting should be the spirit shards not an awkward UI.

There’d be little to no profit in it then.
I’m not a fan of the awkward UI; I’m just acknowledging that removing it would have an economic impact. So is it better that spirit shards have a value of around a gold for those willing to put in the effort? Or better if it’s trivial to promote mats?

Mystic forge and accept

Khisanth.2948

What you are advocating here sounds a bit too similar to people who would advocate security through obscurity. “We’ll make it awkward to do and hopefully nobody finds a way to break.”

Mystic forge and accept

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What you are advocating here sounds a bit too similar to people who would advocate security through obscurity. “We’ll make it awkward to do and hopefully nobody finds a way to break.”

I’m not advocating; I’m explaining: there’s an economic impact to changing this, notably to precursor prices & to the value of spirit shards. Would that make the game better for more people? Or worse?

I don’t particularly care if this changes or not: the only thing I feel I need from the forge are clovers & AmGems; everything else is forging for fun or profit. If ANet does improve the UI, then I’m sure I can use that to my advantage, too.

Regardless, the original concern of the OP has been addressed: don’t press ‘accept’; it’s not required.

Mystic forge and accept

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m not advocating; I’m explaining: there’s an economic impact to changing this, notably to precursor prices & to the value of spirit shards. Would that make the game better for more people? Or worse?

…and part of that is paying for the inconvenience. Literally, that’s why there are profitable spirit shard conversions: it’s annoying enough that people don’t do it, so if you tolerate that, you make money.

It’s not security through obscurity, that is, the hope that nobody notices this is profitable. Even with websites literally saying “this is worth this much”, it’s not done because it’s cumbersome enough that people would rather spend the time doing something else.