NCsoft's Earnings Report

NCsoft's Earnings Report

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Who the hell still invests in a heavily bot-infested, over 10 years old, dead game with horribly outdated graphics like Lineage 2… and based on these earnings (overall) how come this game, this game that could have a future, is in this messed up state?!

For Christ sake…

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Who the hell still invests in a heavily bot-infested, over 10 years old, dead game with horribly outdated graphics like Lineage 2… and based on these earnings (overall) how come this game, this game that could have a future, is in this messed up state?!

For Christ sake…

because the Asia gaming market is weird.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: nanael the angel.2659

nanael the angel.2659

Not sure that I agree about access to the rarest items in GW1 by playing at one’s own pace. Minipets that could cost more plat than most players would ever see, and weapons not much cheaper existed.

Like the Mini Polar Bear where (on the rare occasions it was sold at all) the price was given in stacks of Armbraces of Truth – the most expensive of the items used to get around the 100,000 gold per trade limit.

As I said, and even mentioned the most expensive item guild wars 1 had, mini kanaxai, some miniatures, tonics/items were expensive of course. Yet you had the option to simply farm over and over or even do quests at your own pace to obtain those items, and let me tell you from personal experience, over time, it works. There were no “daily reset” limits all the time and timers.
Furthermore almost all of those rare items were sellable/resellable in guild wars 1 and could always be found in Spamada… Kamadan , sold by another player. Their “cash-shop items” were limited and always available.

By contrast, Gw2 has Boss timers (tequatl, shatterer etc), Event timers (DS, chak, AB), it has a daily limit reward (gather these flax today and wait for reset to gather more, or miss out). Same rule applies to fractals (daily rewards-once a day) and same thing applies to dungeons (do it once today and wait for reset).
Either you try to do stuff trying to stick to a certain timer ( “oh! it’s DS reset time now, have to do it now or wait 2 hours…or miss out”, “oh… 3 hours left to complete the daily quests and gather before reset!”).
If , say during the week you work and have no time to play, but can find more time over the week end, that easily worked in guild wars 1, yet fails in guild wars 2. Guild wars 2 has now the mentality of “Log in daily, Abide/wait for the timers, or miss out”.

The only “semi-reliable” farming method left in gw2, not UNDER A STRICT timer (but still depends on actual time-zones to get people) is chest-farm (and some special events like Halloween labyrinth which appear once a year).

As for the living story, it is true, during the first years of gw2 their biweekly living story updates were pushing both players and developers to their limits.
However, the achievements could easily be completed by logging in one day/every 2 weeks and playing around 4 hours which still beats “having timers and more timers, and 24 hours to do stuff”

I am glad Anet discarded that forceful living story update policy, however instead of learning from that, what they added since then are pure time-gates and timed events all over, while nerfing/ removing all but few other alternative for players to generate funds in game (flipping not included).
Best part? Events and timers end up overlapping, hence you will have to make a choice and miss out on whatever was not opted for.

“New cash shop item on sale for 3 days!” , want it? either log in daily and abide by the timers to generate funds to get it, or use your credit card.

PS. I am merely stating my own point of view regarding things I dislike in game, if more end up agreeing, hopefully a change could occur.
If your opinion differs from mine, take no offense over this post, state it in a civilized manner and let’s each try in our own way to point out things “WE” as “individuals” perceive as flaws to help better the game we all play.

(edited by nanael the angel.2659)

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Another thing I noticed is how shockingly unpopular GW2 is. Go to twitch and there is almost no viewers. People don’t know or remember the franchise and they are on a decline. I don’t know why exactly but there is no recognition, there is nothing viral (the one cheater who got deleted after cheating in PvP was the only thing the past 2 years).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

Another thing I noticed is how shockingly unpopular GW2 is. Go to twitch and there is almost no viewers. People don’t know or remember the franchise and they are on a decline. I don’t know why exactly but there is no recognition, there is nothing viral (the one cheater who got deleted after cheating in PvP was the only thing the past 2 years).

The question would be, what excatly could go viral here. Seems like PVP, WvW are kind of dull and bland now with lot’s of problems, especially on wvw side. They aren’t bad tho. Also expansion and stuff after… i think like it failed to make impact outside gw comunity and even there it was not that successful. Guys that showed first this game to me have all left though I think they quit mmo’s altogether. I’m still on vanila gw and I’m still not sure whether to buy expansion or not…
It’s just that there is something lacking. Maybe more objects to interact with and immerse you for more roleplay, maybe more game mods for pvp and maybe more fixes for wvw… I don’t know.

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I wonder what the player distribution is. I mean, I know people that do not want to play a “fully-fledged” MMORPG like GW2 but would invest in Blade&Soul. Or some people went fancy about the Steam release of WildStar.

It’s the other way around for me, I like to buy Gems to tip the developers when they did something great (e.g. the Ghostly Outfit) but actually dislike all the other games of the portfolio and would never even try them.

Excelsior.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

I’m still wondering why instead of 2 phone apps and Lineage Eternal they can’t get over Tera disaster and make proper Lineage 3…

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: erevos.1629

erevos.1629

I totaly agree with “nanael the angel” The only thing that anet will achieve is to make most of the “mental” gamers to abandon it and go to other more fun games like Marvel Heroes. Personaly I am boring gw2 especialy with the matter of fees on TP and the new stupid system of time gates… ok I have everything to craft a legendary and I want it NOW! I dont want to spend my precious time for time gates. What do you think? To stay on the tops while you are listening to the bottoms of the gamers? The “hardcore” gamers that dont agree with the casual mental players, cry and want you to listen to them because they can’t achieve anything atall and they dont want us to achieve nothing too. So Arenanet you must choose what do you want, a game to keep playing by many gamers and keep them satisfied or the “bottoms” ones that do nothing but keep thank you for keep the game as hard as possible and noone plays it.

When I am done with you, you won’t trust your own mind…

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Time is priceless. Time is the only resource you can NEVER, EVER, recover, no matter what you do. But there is nothing strange on spending it having fun. That is what we all long for: using our most valuable resource in our own, actual and concrete happiness. If your fun is to be with your lover, to play a videogame or to watch the rain fall, doesn’t matter. It’s time well spent.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

GW2 would be doing better if it had a better, or fresher, gemstore offering.

That’s really the thing, what about another Outfit is going to entice me?

When there were 5 or 6 outfits, getting another one as an option was interesting. Now, there are so many outfits and so many minis and so many gliders, and they come out so quickly, nothing individually registers any more.

I usually don’t even check dulfy’s posts about the new stuff any more >.<

Tigaseye’s post called for both “more” and “different.” While I’ve no idea what would interest you, I do know what would interest me. Both armor and outfits without butt capes, skirts, robe tails and with greater simplicity in design would do so. I ignore most of the cosmetic stuff too, not because there’s too much of it, but because there’s not enough that passes the “elegant simplicity in design” test.

NCsoft's Earnings Report

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Focusing on Raids and tossing everyone under the bus worked out so well for Wildstar

GW2 just needs to dbl down on raids just like them and hammer up a ton more E-sports and trash their playerbase more because they deserve to be for daring to call HoT half and expac. Also more economy tinkering to keep really old legendaries valuable because like computers and cars their value must never depreciate and thus must be forced in a higher position.

Also older games like Aion or more NCSoft while Gw2 is pretty much governed more on the Anet side of things. The offerings in the other games more tied to the head offer more balanced gameplay while Arenanet with it’s Esports and raids have tossed people under the bus. Every single thing people have complained about regarding HoT is completely legit t was the final straw that broke the camels back many problems existed in core gw2 but people plowed forward thinking things would get better but it hasn’t and all these issues kept on pilling up until HoT and then snap the people left. The older games have existed this long and have a brighter future than this game I still can’t beleive they’ve decided to take the same actions that destroyed Wildstar and just like Wildstar the blind defenders cheered them every step of the way until its death. People will still push and cheer this game in the wrong direction until its 20 feet under.

(edited by Doam.8305)