in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Post to fix forum bug.(?)

NERF Bloodtide Coast Farming.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I meant if they deliberately interfered with someone getting the heart. Chista was saying that she had been harassed, told not to do the heart.
They only thing that both parties(farmers and heart) both use is the crows. If people completing the heart don’t take crows, or take single crows away from a group, there really is no conflict. There are plenty of rats, quaggans, etc… to do the heart without impacting the farming. The most potential for conflict IMO, would be several players trying to do the heart sat the same time.

I think we are in agreement here.

On the other hand I don’t care about skipping the crows. I only care about the end result and not how I get there assuming all paths are equal. Someone else might decide that they MUST kill crows for that heart for whatever reason.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I meant if they deliberately interfered with someone getting the heart. Chista was saying that she had been harassed, told not to do the heart.
They only thing that both parties(farmers and heart) both use is the crows. If people completing the heart don’t take crows, or take single crows away from a group, there really is no conflict. There are plenty of rats, quaggans, etc… to do the heart without impacting the farming. The most potential for conflict IMO, would be several players trying to do the heart sat the same time.

On the other hand I don’t care about skipping the crows. I only care about the end result and not how I get there assuming all paths are equal. Someone else might decide that they MUST kill crows for that heart for whatever reason.

In which case the only fair thing to do is to keep to relative halves of the map. The farmers get the crows on one half, the heart completers get the crows on the other half. Problem solved.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

In which case the only fair thing to do is to keep to relative halves of the map. The farmers get the crows on one half, the heart completers get the crows on the other half. Problem solved.

A reasonable person would agree to that.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Those things should work only during Halloween, or only inside instances.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And how would the new players doing this heart for the first time even know that they are “supposed” to stay behind some invisible line? Don’t say that the farmers should be telling them as you should know many people are not going to like being told what to do by a bunch of strangers, and this will only lead to arguments.

A more reasonable situation. The heart people have dibs on killing what they want, since that’s the purpose of the heart, and the farmers stay out of their way or wait till they leave.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Tou.3078

Tou.3078

Isn’t silverwaste chest farm more rewarding than blood tide coast farm?
Why does anyone still do blood tide coast farm?

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Godslost Swamp is another place I’ve seen the farming. The hut, with the ravens? I tried it and got a lot of candy corn, few nougat sweets, it was kind of fun to kill some time and as I’ve not experienced Halloween in game yet, I liked the ToT bags.

Anx

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

If I’m doing an alt and need the heart, I kill whatever counts for the heart, including ambients.

If I get yelled at for doing my heart, I ignore them and still work on the heart, including killing ambients.

Farmers pitching fits has no bearing on my behavior at all.

Seera.5916

And how would the new players doing this heart for the first time even know that they are “supposed” to stay behind some invisible line? Don’t say that the farmers should be telling them as you should know many people are not going to like being told what to do by a bunch of strangers, and this will only lead to arguments.

A more reasonable situation. The heart people have dibs on killing what they want, since that’s the purpose of the heart, and the farmers stay out of their way or wait till they leave.

It’s not something that should always be present. It should be agreed upon at the time by the players in conflict if neither group is willing to wait for the other to be done or to return to the area at a later time.

And my solution was only to the person who felt they had to kill the crows for the heart. Not for the people who don’t mind leaving them alone for the most part since there are plenty of other things available to satisfy the heart.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not something that should always be present. It should be agreed upon at the time by the players in conflict if neither group is willing to wait for the other to be done or to return to the area at a later time.

And my solution was only to the person who felt they had to kill the crows for the heart. Not for the people who don’t mind leaving them alone for the most part since there are plenty of other things available to satisfy the heart.

I don’t agree. The people who are doing the hearts are the ones that have “right of way”. The heart and it’s objectives were made specifically for them and the people farming are taking advantage of the ambients that are the heart’s objectives. If there is any conflict, it’s to the farmers advantage to give way as repeated problems in that area will cause ANet to nerf the heart so that it can’t be farmed and end any conflict that way. The farmers should let the heart completers do what they want and move around and adjust to them.

It’s not to be expected that each heart completer negotiate about which ambients they are allowed to kill or be scolded for doing the objectives.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

No, how about no with a big side of no with some nope on top?

May I please have no sprinkles and no sauce to go with that?

Seera.5916

I don’t agree. The people who are doing the hearts are the ones that have “right of way”. The heart and it’s objectives were made specifically for them and the people farming are taking advantage of the ambients that are the heart’s objectives. If there is any conflict, it’s to the farmers advantage to give way as repeated problems in that area will cause ANet to nerf the heart so that it can’t be farmed and end any conflict that way. The farmers should let the heart completers do what they want and move around and adjust to them.

It’s not to be expected that each heart completer negotiate about which ambients they are allowed to kill or be scolded for doing the objectives.

Most time in that area, it seems no verbal discussion is needed, it just happens.

I know I avoided the crows on my own once I saw a farm group was there. Killing crows wasn’t the only option to fill the heart. They never once said anything and I never said anything. Decent players, and I would imagine that’s most players, will do the right thing without needing to be told.

But should people get heated, there may need to be a discussion involving how to share and/or how to divide the area/enemies up so that both groups can be happy before it gets to the point that someone gets reported.

There’s a difference between: “Don’t kill the crows, they’re ours.” and “Hey, you can complete the heart without the crows, do you mind leaving the crows alive for us?” I agree, that the farmers should be the ones to decide to come back later or find a new shard should someone not want to ignore the crows. That the farmers should have to be the ones to bend over backward, but that doesn’t mean they can’t politely ask the heart completing players to avoid them if they do so politely.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Most time in that area, it seems no verbal discussion is needed, it just happens.
I know I avoided the crows on my own once I saw a farm group was there. Killing crows wasn’t the only option to fill the heart. They never once said anything and I never said anything. Decent players, and I would imagine that’s most players, will do the right thing without needing to be told.
But should people get heated, there may need to be a discussion involving how to share and/or how to divide the area/enemies up so that both groups can be happy before it gets to the point that someone gets reported.
There’s a difference between: “Don’t kill the crows, they’re ours.” and “Hey, you can complete the heart without the crows, do you mind leaving the crows alive for us?” I agree, that the farmers should be the ones to decide to come back later or find a new shard should someone not want to ignore the crows. That the farmers should have to be the ones to bend over backward, but that doesn’t mean they can’t politely ask the heart completing players to avoid them if they do so politely.

Oh, I’m sure they can always ask. When I last did that heart and came upon them killing the crows I went off and did other things, because I knew what was going on and was willing to compromise.

The problem is many people don’t have a clue about what is going on and sad to say, some people will become hostile when asked to refrain from doing what the heart says to do. Unless the farmers are willing to drop it when the Heart person becomes hostile, then it’s going to escalate, people are going to be reported and eventually this spot will be nerfed. ANet can and will nerf farming areas that cause problems and the fact that this topic has repeatedly come up in the forums shows there are arguments happening.

Since the heart person is the “rightful owner” of the ambients and will be the person that ANet will side with if a nerf happens, it’s to to the famers advantage to step aside and work around it.

So, they can ask but if there is any resistance they are better off dropping the matter and moving out of the way. The problem is, once a farmer asks and gets met with a negative or angry response, then emotions get involved and people start to argue. Imo, it’s better in the long run for the farmers not to ask or discuss it. Just move aside.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

If there were any arguments I saw on that farming area, the main reason would be the griefers. Some farmers knew who these griefers are. They intentionally sabotage the farming.

I have yet to see farmers yelling at people completing their heart quest. Mostly, they were intrigued and asked about it.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This does need nerfed, its clearly not working as intended, the everlasting near instant respawn of targets allowing this farm to occur,

If this was anywhere else in the game where enemies respawned so fast ( thinking of some old CS farming locations ) people who be screaming blue murder on these forums for it to be nerfed, and then the Anet nerf bat would remove all LOOT from the enemies,

Double standards,

So yes, its not working as intended, it should be nerfed just like all other farming locations in the game.

Posted by: Chista.4750

Chista.4750

If they interfered with you getting the heart, I would say that’s reportable. Were you able to get the heart? If you still need the heart, and are in NA, we can form a party and see if I can get you to any of the apparently friendly servers I was on when I did the heart.
I haven’t seen any example of this kind of behavior, on any of 6 alts that got the heart recently. And I’ve gone to the island to observe several times since then.
I concentrated mainly on the rats, which are green and unfarmable. I took at least couple of crows(away from groups, and the farmers) each time. No one harassed me. And the times I have been there observing, no one has harassed anyone else. There seem to be occasional griefers, but there are a few comments and everyone moves on. It may have just been bad luck that you got in with unfriendly farmers. Or I’m having quite a bit of good luck – because I haven’t seen anyone yelling at people not to complete the heart, in any of the times I’ve been there since the farming began. I’ll try to help you if you want.

I got the heart, didn’t even know why they were spamming my chat with stop so
I just shrugged it off and completed it in just over the 2 minutes you’d need if not interrupted. I wasn’t doing anything wrong, and for what it’s worth, they wont see me there again till Revenant rolls around and I go for my 10th world completion :p

I am in EU, and I’ve not gotten yelled at by any other group in the 5 map completions I did in the past months. Perhaps this group was just plagued by particularly entitled players. To me it was merely an odd situation, especially cos the word “stop” alone doesn’t explain anything. I’m the kind of player that would actually have gone over to just stomping rats if they’d just asked me please not to kill the whites instead ^.^;;

I missed out on last halloween, so maize balm is still an alien concept to me =S

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I mean the gold is great yeah but what happened to exploring the world? doing dungeons? learning the story? This game has so much to offer. I know some people from my country that does the farm and sell gold for real money…. wtf.

People will do whatever they want, no matter what you think is better. And people will find other things to farm if they nerf the maize balms. BTW, thanks for trying to ruin it. I assume you have many stacks of halloween bags waiting to go up in price if the nerf happens.