NEW Daggers Warglaives Weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirion.9361

Mirion.9361

Now i know what your thinking,that guy trying to steal WoW idea no no no.Reason i said warglaives because we should expand more and add new features in the game.

And those of you that dont know what Warglaives are they look like big blades on bode ends.

Now i ask you:Yes or No to warglaives for Guild Wars 2

Attachments:

(edited by Mirion.9361)

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

no.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

No

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

No

(Reason: The game already has enough weapons that make bar stools look like they are more balanced for fighting than those weapons; There is no reason to add another oversized impractical contraption to the list)

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

If you’re asking for a skin for daggers then I say why the hell not, im all for variety. If people like it they’ll use it, if not theyll use something else.
But as a new weapon type? idk :/

- BG -

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

So A dagger skin like this maybe.

Attachments:

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Close enuf.

Attachments:

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

http://gw2-fashion.com/centurions-claw/

They are already in game, but obtainable only by playing GW1

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Mirion.9361

Mirion.9361

What i had in mine was oversize sword

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The warglaives look bleh.

Bladed Tonfas? Would be useful on my Riou Genkaku cosplay character, except he’s a Warrior.

I really just want Land Spears since they’re already in game.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Hey, I’m on board with new weapons any time. I just don’t see this specific type coming to GW2. More likely, ANet will just keep bringing already-existing weapon types to professions that don’t yet have access to them, at least for as long as it makes sense to do so.

I still would really like to see aquatic weapons become usable on land. Spears and Tridents especially would be really awesome, and I bet they could do some neat things with Spearguns as well!

(And why do they call those things “warglaives” anyway? That’s not a glaive. Isn’t a real glaive essentially a polearm? It’s basically like a single-edged sword blade on the end of a staff.)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

(And why do they call those things “warglaives” anyway? That’s not a glaive. Isn’t a real glaive essentially a polearm? It’s basically like a single-edged sword blade on the end of a staff.)

I was wondering the same. Also why "war"glaive? Are there any glaives used for anything besides war?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I was wondering the same. Also why "war"glaive? Are there any glaives used for anything besides war?

Yesh, I have a throwing Glaive in my room that’s used for decoration. Although it’s sharp enough to be used in war, but exist for love and peace. And prettyness. :o It’s not ugly like whatever these warglaives are.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

What about the HoM dagger skin?

Posted by: Steelpusher.1684

Steelpusher.1684

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I have said this like a dozen times before, but, well, I can’t just shut up:

IF they were to add some new weapon, I really would prefer something more original and functionally interesting than a knife:
- The Tonfa already mentioned and/or Nunchucks → Rotating melee double attacks, great!
- Long chained weapons like Kusarigama or Meteor Hammer → Big AoE attacks, inmobilizes, pulls and knockdown sweeps, sweet!
- Throwing blades, like Boomerang, Kpinga or Chakram → Ranged weapons with circular, hard to predict movement, amazing!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

^this.

Something like this is already in game.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: martaug.1762

martaug.1762

As a dagger skin, sure.
As a new weapon, as others have said no.
Make spear & trident usable as land weapons These 2 weapons can even be used as main hand(3 skill) & 2 handed(5 skill) weapons.
That way by adding just an off hand weapon you could completely change how the weapon is used.

Posted by: AriaFiresong.7023

AriaFiresong.7023

How about more normal polearms (even if it’s just under the existing skin catagories)? Glaive, halberd, pike, spear, guisarme, voulge…

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

because “Glaive” can refer to three different things.

there’s a polearm type glaive which is basically a cutlass on a stick (think like a halberd but sword instead of axe) (this is the correct use)

there’s a glaive that is possibly the most impractical weapon on earth (think of a sword making sweet forbidden love to a buzzsaw blade, and the baby came out like a 3+ armed spiral made of swords), although it’s usually misapplied to a Chakram (real chakrams are hollow throwing weapons that essentially ARE bladed frisbees, these glaives are usually held in the middle and in reality would kill the user because YOU’RE HOLDING THE WORLDS MOST STUPID WEAPON).

and there’s the glaive that the OP is thinking of, which is what most people call a “warglaive” because WoW is a pervasive beast that has rooted glaives in people’s consciousness as something similar to the Bat’leth from Star Trek or a double bladed Karambit (despite WoW using “glaive” to refer to the death-frisbee type used by Night Elves, AND to polearms)

I personally use glaives as an example of “times where adding more swords does not help”

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

Posted by: Element.4319

Element.4319

Close enuf.

LOL someone really wanted to use that dagger…

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

I think there are many weapon types that would make sense before warglaives would be considered.

…battle axes & spears to name a couple.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

Posted by: Lord Deus.7092

Lord Deus.7092

gw2 could use some more ‘fist-weapon’ themed weapons. id be all for that

not sure aboat the warglaives tough

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Warglaives are swords not daggers. Also antimage/demonhunter (who commonly uses this weapon, you based this off Warcraft right?) is more like a mesmer rather than dagger wielding thief. In fact, Guild Wars 1 mesmers feel alot like demonhunter/anti-mage if they use certain builds (eg. Energy Surge build).

Anvil Rockers Unite!