Nice job Anet!!!!

Nice job Anet!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loudog.9721

Loudog.9721

Just wanted to say thanks for the great game you have created and the extremely fun content. Thank you for the wardrobe system, thank you for the villain Scarlet, who turned the community on its ear with the thought she may never be slain, thank you for the account bound Legendary/Ascended item fix, thank you for the two handed sigil update, also thank you for the champ train nerf in noob areas! Thank you for the multitude of improvements you have provided. Finally, thank you for trying new things in an MMO and working with the player base to make it better as we go into Living World Season 2. Again, thanks for your hard work and dedication!

Now, to the trolls that will most definitely hit this, grow up and try to look beyond your own nose when it comes to things in life. To those who feel that they are “unique” because they played first and got “x” item, and it should not be ever again offered to the player base, really? By this time, your uniqueness should be portrayed in your ability to make fantastic toon builds that will stomp the kitten out of these noobs in WvWvW and sPvP adding to your pvp reward track. To those that have hurt feelings over not getting what they want when they want it, get a kitten job and learn you are not the center of the universe, the world is not flat, you are not special. Enjoy what you have and participate in the discussions of “making things better” in a constructive manner that Anet can follow and we can stand behind as a gamer community for the betterment of our game! To those that think Anet can operate without a budget or a marketing ploy, aka Item shop. Look at it this way, the item shop is not pay to win, nothing in item shop gives you an advantage over anyone else. Do not want to pay? Don’t, just play. You just won’t have that cool hat everyone has, or that 12 hour extension to your food buff. also, it costs real money to pay for bandwidth, programmers, marketing, salespersons, management, and service technicians to keep your game/forum websites running. So, YES, Anet is trying to make money, again don’t pay more than you are willing to and do not troll more than you should. Again, that is slightly just beyond your own nose, look there from time to time! To those that feel the wardrobe has destroyed there dual legendary set-up, LOL, think about it, put he keyboard away and just really think about it. If you can’t figure it out, then just quit, we are all better off without you.
Finally, to the community at large, thank you for being such a great group of players, thank you for being passionate and working with Anet to give me the game I so love and enjoy! Again Anet, NICE JOB!
To players just coming in, GW2 is a great game and after you get involved, it’s what you make it. I have played from day one, have all professions and toons to level 80, fully geared and still love this game and have more than enough to keep me busy! Give it a shot!

To those that utter fan boy, LOL, work for what you have and quit begging and crying for what you want! PEACE!!!!

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

AMEN, BROTHER!!!

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

I want my 2 minutes back.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The caps and punctuation in the title make it look like it will be a sarcastic post. Nice that you like the game.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

If you want to spend some time in a game, go ahead, GW2 will give you a good experience.
If you want to stay for years to see how this MMO evolves, better look for another MMO.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Nice job Anet!!!!

Loudog.9721

If you want to spend some time in a game, go ahead, GW2 will give you a good experience.
If you want to stay for years to see how this MMO evolves, better look for another MMO.

More information please, on your thought process going into this conversation. Is it they will never add Elona? Or Cantha? Please tell me why this game offers only an “at first” fun factor? How do you really know what is to come or how the devs will work with the player base to make this game even greater than it is now in the near future? How can you state years, when the game has only been out for a year n a half and you yourself do not have “years” experience with this group of game developers and community? Respond if you could please! BTW I played GW1 from day one as well!

Nice job Anet!!!!

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

More information please, on your thought process going into this conversation. Is it they will never add Elona? Or Cantha? Please tell me why this game offers only an “at first” fun factor? How do you really know what is to come or how the devs will work with the player base to make this game even greater than it is now in the near future? How can you state years, when the game has only been out for a year n a half and you yourself do not have “years” experience with this group of game developers and community? Respond if you could please! BTW I played GW1 from day one as well!

I play this game since release and I can assure you that nothing has changed significantly.
If you haven’t done what you can do yet, go ahead and do it. But running a dungeon for the 1000th time isn’t fun. Zerging the worldboss chain or the champtrain isn’t fun either. WvW and PvP getting stale. And yes, they wont add Cantha or Elona as long as they hold on to their beloved living story. They haven’t even started S2 and I’m already sick of it.
The game hasn’t changed a bit. No evolution. Besides fractals. That was a good one.

(edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328)

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

But running a dungeon for the 1000th time isn’t fun

And yet you’ve run it a thousand times, so it couldn’t have been completely unfun.

Nice job Anet!!!!

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

But running a dungeon for the 1000th time isn’t fun

And yet you’ve run it a thousand times, so it couldn’t have been completely unfun.

It’s the money $.$
The only thing I can do currently is grinding through PvE to get nice things to kill someone with it in PvP or WvW.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I stopped reading the first paragraph after “thank you for Scarlet”. Is it sarcastic or should we cry at the future of humanity?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

gw2 is very good mmo and can remain one of the best mmos out there and remain among top mmos for years to come.
but it really need some IMPROVEMENT:
like—- AI improvement including rangers pet
like—improving dungeon paths , for god sake in an MULTI player game dungeon must not be solo able. the end game of an mmo is all about playing together or there are ton of single player games out there. and people who solo it are not some super skilled people. its all about skipping and standing in safe place thanks to design flows even stacking as group make more sense than that.
like—LS can replace traditional expansion with more permanent content and improved quality of content. not do able on day one with many plot hole/lose ends like scarlet story had.
like—improving rewards for events and activities

(edited by saye.9304)

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I’ve tried several mmo’s and none of them hold a match to GW2.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

gw2 is very good mmo and can remain one of the best mmos out there and remain among top mmos for years to come.
like—improving dungeon paths , for god sake in an MULTI player game dungeon must not be solo able. the end game of an mmo is all about playing together or there are ton of single player games out there. and people who solo it are not some super skilled people. its all about skipping and standing in safe place thanks to design flows even stacking as group make more sense than that.
like—LS can replace traditional expansion with more permanent content and improved quality of content. not do able on day one with many plot hole/lose ends like scarlet story had.

The thing I like about this game is, the game gives you a choice whether to solo or team up. I’m all for the solo content.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

best mmos

That’s highly subjective.

For 20 months now, GW2 hasn’t had any real competition in the MMO market.

I’m one of those who think the game can improve. Even though after so many months, it seems as if it’s a lost cause, but, maybe.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: saye.9304

saye.9304

The thing I like about this game is, the game gives you a choice whether to solo or team up. I’m all for the solo content.

the game is not giving you choose to solo, the reason you can do it, is because of design flows and low AI of the enemies.
have you ever soloed any path? if you did not then do it and you will realize why you can do it.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Poor ignorance…
Internet is the world of trolls and ignorants for real.

have all professions and toons to level 80, fully geared and still love this game and have more than enough to keep me busy!

To those that have hurt feelings over not getting what they want when they want it, get a kitten job

…. Really?

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

Nice job Anet!!!!

Loudog.9721

Poor ignorance…

Enlighten and bring us up to your level with a bit more words of wisdom please!

Nice job Anet!!!!

Luke.4562

I don’t have so much time to develope all my points, I’ll try to catch the feel in the following..

There was a time when I was really satisfied while playing GW2, I had the same euphory you are showing now. It lasted 1-2 months.
Then I understood the game had several problems, several flaws in both class design and mechanics.
Then I waited patiently, but the policy of the company showed to not care for these flaws. I’m still waiting.

If you like to play with paid flawed products, it’s good for you. But this doesn’t mean that your point of view has the upper hand over the others.
There are people wich aren’t patient enough, but this doesn’t mean everyone who’s not satisfied with the actual GW2 is a cryer or an immature person.
There are legitimate critics which cannot be ignored just because are abused by most immature people.
Crying out loud your passion with this kind of taunting attitude doesn’t make you better than those people you’re blaming.

There are not just black and white, so it’s wrong assuming one color’s is exactly wrong and the other isn’t. There are more shadings.
Take in consideration that Internet ruins the people attitude, and so often even smart people get caught by the mass attitude.

I aknowledge that there will always will be people unsatisfied by a product for multiple meanings (legitimate or immature), I aknowledge that the work after GW2 is really huge, but what makes the real difference and the real quality is the policy of the developers.

You mentioned this:

Enjoy what you have and participate in the discussions of “making things better” in a constructive manner that Anet can follow and we can stand behind as a gamer community for the betterment of our game!

All I saw was a slow development with a questionable objective, enriched by a hermetic feedback from the staff. Most of the feedback given in the forums had been ignored. This worsened the opinion of a part of the customers.. and of course gave more justifications to the immature customers to vent their stupidity.

I won’t blame you for being captured by the good features this game has, but I’d recommend you to not get blinded at the same time, there are several issues which still after 19-20 months aren’t getting looked at.
And so I hope you’ll aknowledge that not every critic here is unmotivated and comes from an immature customer.

Is your ego-statement satisfied now?

(edited by Luke.4562)

Nice job Anet!!!!

Loudog.9721

Poor ignorance…
Internet is the world of trolls and ignorants for real.

have all professions and toons to level 80, fully geared and still love this game and have more than enough to keep me busy!

To those that have hurt feelings over not getting what they want when they want it, get a kitten job

…. Really?

Yes, really!!!! Would like to hear what you actually have to say instead of you regurgitating what I said and a vague one-liner to boot and some punctuation. You can PM me if you wish. Please remember this thread is about being thankful to Anet for what we have since launch a year and a half ago. If you got nothing, say nothing! If you got complaints, make your own thread or state our case is some manner that adds to the thread. Thank you!

Nice job Anet!!!!

Luke.4562

Awww really did I waste my time trying to communicate with such a person?
Well, my bad.
I guess ANET will appreciate the feedback from ‘you’.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Loudog.9721

I don’t have so much time to develope all my points, I’ll try to catch the feel in the following..

There was a time when I was really satisfied while playing GW2, I had the same euphory you are showing now. It lasted 1-2 months.
Then I understood the game had several problems, several flaws in both class design and mechanics.
Then I waited patiently, but the policy of the company showed to not care for these flaws. I’m still waiting.

If you like to play with paid flawed products, it’s good for you. But this doesn’t mean that your point of view has the upper hand over the others.
There are people wich aren’t patient enough, but this doesn’t mean everyone who’s not satisfied with the actual GW2 is a cryer or an immature person.
There are legitimate critics which cannot be ignored just because are abused by most immature people.
Crying out loud your passion with this kind of taunting attitude doesn’t make you better than those people you’re blaming.

There are not just black and white, so it’s wrong assuming one color’s is exactly wrong and the other isn’t. There are more shadings.
Take in consideration that Internet ruins the people attitude, and so often even smart people get caught by the mass attitude.

I aknowledge that there will always will be people unsatisfied by a product for multiple meanings (legitimate or immature), I aknowledge that the work after GW2 is really huge, but what makes the real difference and the real quality is the policy of the developers.

All I saw was a slow development with a questionable objective, enriched by a hermetic feedback from the staff. Most of the feedback given in the forums had been ignored. This worsened the opinion of a part of the customers.. and of course gave more justifications to the immature customers to vent their stupidity.

I won’t blame you for being captured by the good features this game has, but I’d recommend you to not get blinded at the same time, there are several issues which still after 19-20 months aren’t getting looked at.
And so I hope you’ll aknowledge that not every critic here is unmotivated and comes from an immature customer.

Is your ego-statement satisfied now?

I am thanking Anet for a good game, with a response for trolls if needs be(I know how the forums work)! If you don’t like the game, leave! If you don’t like my post, leave! If you wish to argue points make a thread to counter. I just want to say thanks to Anet for what they have done up to this point and see like minded folks post their views.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Loudog.9721

Well, my bad.

You waste your time trying to place your dislikes for this game (your prerogative), on top of my likes for this game. Is the game perfect, NO, can it be, YES! Will it be, might rightfully turn out as about perfect as you can get with constructive feedback. Is any game perfect, guess only you can decide that, right?

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

Well said man! What i hate the most are those people that act like they dont care about GW2 writing here how they will play WildStar or some other kitten but still they are on this forums…haha.It will be same as was with ESO,they will go,check the game and come back when they are bored of that Disney WildStart game and that will happen’d fast.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Well, my bad.

You waste your time trying to place your dislikes for this game (your prerogative), on top of my likes for this game. Is the game perfect, NO, can it be, YES! Will it be, might rightfully turn out as about perfect as you can get with constructive feedback. Is any game perfect, guess only you can decide that, right?

In other words: “I want to be able to state an opinion with no fear of anyone offering a contrary opinion.”

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Anyone who disagrees with Loudog is a troll. Yeah, I’m a troll..

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Just wanted to say thanks for the great game you have created and the extremely fun content. Thank you for the wardrobe system, thank you for the villain Scarlet, who turned the community on its ear with the thought she may never be slain, thank you for the account bound Legendary/Ascended item fix, thank you for the two handed sigil update, also thank you for the champ train nerf in noob areas! Thank you for the multitude of improvements you have provided. Finally, thank you for trying new things in an MMO and working with the player base to make it better as we go into Living World Season 2. Again, thanks for your hard work and dedication!

Now, to the trolls that will most definitely hit this, grow up and try to look beyond your own nose when it comes to things in life. To those who feel that they are “unique” because they played first and got “x” item, and it should not be ever again offered to the player base, really? By this time, your uniqueness should be portrayed in your ability to make fantastic toon builds that will stomp the kitten out of these noobs in WvWvW and sPvP adding to your pvp reward track. To those that have hurt feelings over not getting what they want when they want it, get a kitten job and learn you are not the center of the universe, the world is not flat, you are not special. Enjoy what you have and participate in the discussions of “making things better” in a constructive manner that Anet can follow and we can stand behind as a gamer community for the betterment of our game! To those that think Anet can operate without a budget or a marketing ploy, aka Item shop. Look at it this way, the item shop is not pay to win, nothing in item shop gives you an advantage over anyone else. Do not want to pay? Don’t, just play. You just won’t have that cool hat everyone has, or that 12 hour extension to your food buff. also, it costs real money to pay for bandwidth, programmers, marketing, salespersons, management, and service technicians to keep your game/forum websites running. So, YES, Anet is trying to make money, again don’t pay more than you are willing to and do not troll more than you should. Again, that is slightly just beyond your own nose, look there from time to time! To those that feel the wardrobe has destroyed there dual legendary set-up, LOL, think about it, put he keyboard away and just really think about it. If you can’t figure it out, then just quit, we are all better off without you.
Finally, to the community at large, thank you for being such a great group of players, thank you for being passionate and working with Anet to give me the game I so love and enjoy! Again Anet, NICE JOB!
To players just coming in, GW2 is a great game and after you get involved, it’s what you make it. I have played from day one, have all professions and toons to level 80, fully geared and still love this game and have more than enough to keep me busy! Give it a shot!

To those that utter fan boy, LOL, work for what you have and quit begging and crying for what you want! PEACE!!!!

+1
Well said!

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I couldn’t make it past the first paragraph, sorry.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Great post!!! Nice job to you too!!!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: Antaris.5281

Antaris.5281

I am thanking Anet for a good game, with a response for trolls if needs be(I know how the forums work)! If you don’t like the game, leave! If you don’t like my post, leave! If you wish to argue points make a thread to counter. I just want to say thanks to Anet for what they have done up to this point and see like minded folks post their views.

So wait, you asked Luke to elaborate on his opinions which he did, then you tell him to leave because he is not politically correct in this thread?

This isn’t appreciation; this is blind worship.

Do I need to tell you, that a good customer in a restaurant let the chefs know what they did well and what needs improvement, not just claiming “THIS IS THE BEST FOOD EVER” even when there is a fly in your soup?

Nice job Anet!!!!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

We see these posts every few months but we never really see these people join with those of us who are talking about bugs that have remained since BWE2 or talk about the inherent silence we get about serious concerns for the future of the game. It’s like receiving a sticker for not completing the assignment.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!