NPC Ranger in GW1 Mesmer Armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Here is Reanna the Hunter from Snowden Drifts (she’s the tall one in the foreground).

I can’t find her armor anyplace. Not amongst the Medium OR Light armors. It certainly looks like Guild Wars 1 Mesmer armor to me. Anyone else think they need to add this to the game? (To the LIGHT armors, not the Medium armors, although Reanna is a Ranger. What the female Rangers need is Guild Wars 1 Elite Druid’s armor. And NO MORE TRENCHCOATS!) Reanna runs around and fights, so I imagine any clipping issues are mostly addressed.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

NO MORE TRENCHCOATS!

Actually, I’d welcome more trenchcoats.

I’d just like them to hang open loosely and have some nice-looking shirts/pants underneath rather than always looking synched/form-fitting and bulky.

Alternatives would be grand too though. Especially some skirts that are leggings rather than just being tacked onto the top.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Elwinson.5962

Elwinson.5962

It certainly looks like Guild Wars 1 Mesmer armor to me. Anyone else think they need to add this to the game?

Yes, they need to add this armor for players.

I first saw this, in a different color, worn by Allyn, the Mesmer trainer at Trainer’s Terrace near Shaemoor Waypoint. I hoped fervently that my Mesmer would be able to wear this armor one day, and was disappointed to find that it was not available for players.

Attachments:

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Clipping isn’t the only thing to account for, it may not have all the animations necessary to be put in to use, not to mention other racial equivalents for the Charr and Asura.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

NO MORE TRENCHCOATS!

Actually, I’d welcome more trenchcoats.

I’d just like them to hang open loosely and have some nice-looking shirts/pants underneath rather than always looking synched/form-fitting and bulky.

Alternatives would be grand too though. Especially some skirts that are leggings rather than just being tacked onto the top.

Same. I have a female engineer that I’d like put into a tough-looking workcoat with a t-shirt underneath.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

It’s NPC only armor, it’s also worn by that one lady in the Human storyline.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It’s NPC only armor, it’s also worn by that one lady in the Human storyline.

It’s NPC only armor because they couldn’t be bothered to make it available to players (they could have made it racial armor, instead of the T1 light armor set…).
And it’s pretty easy to see that : every trainer is wearing an armor that can be worn by players. Except one.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Clipping isn’t the only thing to account for, it may not have all the animations necessary to be put in to use

according to the devs’ info when the armor mechanics were first spoiled, it’s just impossible, because PC and NPC armor is done exactly the same way – it was intended from the very beginning for it to be fully exchangeable.

not to mention other racial equivalents for the Charr and Asura.

This might be possible, though.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Low-hanging fruit to make crafting interesting…

My only significant complaints with the game are the lack of armor skins and minimal functionality of crafting. Well, the Perfect World boxes feel completely out of place and exploitative but hopefully they’ll make skins available by a more reasonable and “Anet-like” method.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

That outfit is also worn by Sister Brenda, the NPC who triggers the ‘Protect the brew shipment’ event in Queesndale. It’s a confident religious order that issues fishnets to its priestesses.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

That Asura behind her looks like he’s thinking some impure thoughts!

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Trenchcoat/longcoat = awesome.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassLongcoat

Sleeveless Trenchcoat/longcoat = more awesome.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Clipping isn’t the only thing to account for, it may not have all the animations necessary to be put in to use

according to the devs’ info when the armor mechanics were first spoiled, it’s just impossible, because PC and NPC armor is done exactly the same way – it was intended from the very beginning for it to be fully exchangeable.

Except, so far as I know, it has only been seen on a ranger, so it might not have all (or possibly any) of the of the animations used by the engineer or thief but not by the ranger.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Except, so far as I know, it has only been seen on a ranger, so it might not have all (or possibly any) of the of the animations used by the engineer or thief but not by the ranger.

Doesn’t matter. According to that once-given info, the design goal was to completely remove the separation between npc and pc armor that existed in GW1. NPC armor was supposed to fill all the requirements for PC armor right off the bat, without any need to add anything. There are two notable exceptions, of course – that being opposite sex variants, and race variants. So, (if the original information about how this goal was achieved was true, of course), we at least know that a ready-for-PC female human/sylvari/norn medium variant of this armor exists in the game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November